๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’†. [five hargree...

By strawberrymlk-

๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’† โ”โ” (n.) a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts, โ› a daydream โœ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๏ฟฝ... More

๐ซ ๐ž ๐ฏ ๐ž ๐ซ ๐ข ๐ž.
๐œ ๐š ๐ฌ ๐ญ.
๐ฉ ๐ซ ๐ž ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐œ ๐ž.
๐ฎ ๐ง.
๐ ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐ฑ.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ญ ๐ซ ๐ž.
๐œ ๐ข ๐ง ๐ช.
๐ฌ ๐ข ๐ฑ.
๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ฉ ๐ญ.
๐ก ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ญ.
๐ง ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ.
๐จ ๐ง ๐ณ ๐ž
๐ ๐จ ๐ฎ ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ญ ๐ซ ๐ž ๐ข ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ญ ๐จ ๐ซ ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ง ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ข ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ - ๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ฉ ๐ญ.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ - ๐ก ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ญ.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ - ๐ง ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ.
๐ฏ ๐ข ๐ง ๐  ๐ญ.
๐ฏ ๐ข ๐ง ๐  ๐ญ - ๐ž ๐ญ - ๐ฎ ๐ง.
๐ฏ ๐ข ๐ง ๐  ๐ญ - ๐ ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐ฑ.
๐ฏ ๐ข ๐ง ๐  ๐ญ - ๐ญ ๐ซ ๐จ ๐ข ๐ฌ.
๐ฏ ๐ข ๐ง ๐  ๐ญ - ๐ช ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ญ ๐ซ ๐ž.
๐š / ๐ง.
๐› ๐จ ๐ง ๐ฎ ๐ฌ

๐ญ ๐ซ ๐จ ๐ข ๐ฌ.

2K 58 80
By strawberrymlk-

𝐈𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Five," Allison rose from her seat on the bench, her expression speaking for her, "Where the hell is the briefcase?"
  He avoided her gaze, looking down at me instead. He looked away almost instantly though, his face helpless. He didn't know. And he didn't have to tell us either. We could all tell he'd lost it.

  My gaze shifted over the Hargreeves' faces, one by one, taking in their expressions. Allison looked as though she had some very murderous intentions running through her mind, whilst the others just looked disappointed. I glanced up at Five, at his lips that curled into a small frown, at his eyebrows furrowed with frustration, at his eyes which seemed to narrow the longer I stared at them.

  "We'll find it." I stated firmly, rising from the table and leaving towards a path. Did I have a clue where I was going? Absolutely not. Did it matter? Probably.
  Five joined my side though, resting a hand on my lower back.
  "Thanks," He whispered, his voice huskier than usual. My smile was all he needed to form a soft grin on his own lips. I liked that he smiled whenever I did-it made me want to smile more. It gave me something to be happy about.

  A group of footsteps from behind informed us that the rest of the Hargreeves had decided to join us. We continued on in silence for at least another 10 minutes, the park becoming more crowded as we walked. I'd noticed a lot of people staring at us as we passed. I suddenly felt self-concious about the bright, floral pants I wore. Everyone around us seemed to be dressed exclusively in neutrals. What a boring life...

  "What are we doing?" Allison asked, waving her hands in exasperation. Her tone was laced in venom.
  "Ruminating." Five asked. About what exactly? What was there to 'ruminate' about? Other than where the hell the briefcase was?
  Klaus voiced my previous thoughts in a whiny tone, "Why's everyone staring at us?"
  "Because we look like the damn village people just lost a fight," Diego said, pulling Klaus' hat off. He jumped for it as Diego hid it under his arm, out of Klaus' reach.

  "You know what? I need to go find Claire. I'll catch up with you guys later," Allison began to walk away, before Vanya called after her.
  "Hey, Allison, no. First, let's get somewhere safe, clean up those cuts, and then we'll go find her."

  "Man, I hate those guys." Luther muttered, staring up at a billboard of the Sparrows. Huh. Guess they were famous. I looked up at the ugly guy's face.
  ...How does one get famous looking like that?-
  "Look at 'em with their...stupid smug..."
  "You can do it." Klaus encouraged over his shoulder, "You can do it."
  "...s...s...smug...smugness."
  Klaus sighed as I stiffled a laugh, "Keep working on it, big guy. You'll land one...eventually."

  "But honestly," Allison began, "What are we doing? 'Cause we can't keep standing here, bleeding out in this park."
  "I don't know, but we better gear up fast, before they come for round two, alright?"
  "What makes you think they're gonna come after us?" Vanya asked Diego, his reply being immediate.
  "Because I would."

  "Yeah, I mean, we did break into their house-"
  "Our house." Allison corrected, interrupting Klaus.
  "-bust up all their nice antiques and shit."
  "Yeah," Luther agreed, "I don't think the crime-fighting...super nerds are gonna let that go."
  "Let's just think of some place off the radar where we can lie low and not draw attention." Five suggested, placing his hands on his hips.
  "What sort of a weird-ass place are we not gonna draw attention?"

  The group looked over at Klaus, who was spinning around in circles, his head in the clouds. I followed their gaze to the man, my eyebrows furrowing slightly. They all seemed to think he knew a place. I pretended I thought the same.

  He looked around, his eyes scanning our faces, presumably thinking of somewhere for us to go. His eyes brightened slightly, an idea forming in his head.
  "I know the perfect place!"

𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

  At first glance, it didn't look much like a hotel. Only the sign reading 'The Hotel Obsidian', written in a gold font, gave it away. It was a large building though, with intricate detailing around the windows, and two revolving doors at the entrance.

  "Oh, okay. Honestly?" Allison huffed, as we all pushed through the door. It was clear we couldn't all fit through one, but it seemed to be due to Luther. I regreted not entering through the other door. The Hargreeves argued as I stood behind them, unsure of what to do. Up until this point, I'd been blindly following Five everywhere. I wasn't prepared for that to change.

  Eventually we all got through, revealing the main lobby of the hotel. Across it, were huge pillars with blue lights patterning them, and from the ceiling, hung multiple chandelier, which casted the area into a bright, yet warm light. To call it fancy would be an understatement.

  "Oh, Hotel Obsidian," Klaus sighed, a wide grin plastered across his lips, "I missed you, you slutty old dame." He walked forwards, spreading his arms as if for a hug.
  "Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom." What... "You know, 'cause back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Gandhi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jongs, Tito, Dalai Lama, Elvis, and not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly." I don't know who most of the people are-
  "Wouldn't that-" Klaus began, before getting interrupted by Allison walking away, "Where are you going?"
  "I gotta make a call." She answered, not even sparing a glance backwards.

  As Klaus continued on about the hotel, I tuned his words out, doing as he'd previously said and 'absorbing her'. It was a pretty hotel, but the pit in my stomach seemed to grow, the longer we stood here. Or maybe it was just that I hadn't eaten for almost two days.

  My thoughts were sidetracked, as Klaus, Luther and Diego began to leave towards the counter. Vanya, Five and I remained in the same spot for a minute, before Vanya hesitantly followed. Five noticed my reluctance to move, strolling towards me, his hands shoved in his pockets.

  "Everything okay?" He asked, his voice low enough for only the two of us to hear. I nodded in response, following after the rest before Five grabbed my wrist.
  "Listen, whatever's going on, we'll find a way to fix it. We always do," He smiled reassuringly, though the pit in my stomach didn't disappear. I wasn't so sure about the truth that the last sentence held.

  "Chet! Mon frère!" Klaus gasped, after slamming his hand down onto a bell, "It's so great to see you. I'd like my usual suite, por favor."
  My eyes strayed towards a small dog sat behind the counter. It looked up at me, as my hand unconsciously reached out to stroke it. Luther and Diego did the same, though the former was much more enthusiastic than the latter.
  "I've never seen you before." The man said, his voice monotonous.
  Klaus grinned, "See? Told you. Discreet."
  "Please stop scaring my dog."

  It whimpered as Luther, Diego and I brought out hands away, straightening up. I thought it had liked being pet. The man's face was blank, though a hint of irritation flashed across it. Rude-

  "We need some rooms please," Vanya smiled, the man returning it kindly. I take back what I said. He seemed like a sweet, old guy, who's just protective of his dog. I smiled at him apologetically.
  "Super," The man said, before taking out a sign that read 'Cash Up Front' and placing it infront of us. "And how will we be paying today?"

  The group, myself included, all pulled faces as we searched out pockets. All I had was a bag of meth, which I immediately shoved back into my pocket. I'd forgotten about selling that. Whoops.
  Five spared me a glance, his eyes slightly narrowed and the corner of his lips curled up into a light smirk. I rolled my eyes at him, turning to see if anyone else had anything. Luther took off his watch and handed it to the man.

  "What does this get us?" He asked, before the man observed it closely and turned away. He returned with two keys, holding them out to us.
  "Two rooms." He said, placing the keys on the counter, "Mazel tov."
  "Well," Allison said, returning from wherever she'd been and picking up one of the keys, "Let's Brady Bunch this bitch."

  Klaus picked up the other key before we left, Allison leading the way.
  "Uh, meet back in the bar in two hours so we can make a plan." Five said, before Diego rushed ahead of us.
  "I have a plan." He hurried up the stairs to stand above us, "We attack the Sparrows, and we take back our house, and then we punch Dad a bit until he admits that we're better and he loves us more! Boom! Done! We're wasting time!"
  As Diego recited his plan, the rest of us strolled past him, pretty much ignoring his words. It was a stupid plan. The others seemed to agree.
  "Relax. Don't sweat it, man." Klaus reassured as the elevator opened, all of us stepping in, "Those shit birds are staying put for a while. I bet they're as wiped as we are. "
  "Really?"
  Klaus chuckled, "Yeah, I mean, kicking our asses looked exhausting!"
  Diego sighed and reluctantly joined us in the elevator.

  Once we arrived on the right floor, I followed Allison and Vanya to our room. It was spacious, but there were only two beds, and the room itself was pretty ugly. I sighed as I made my way over to the couch that sat in the middle of the room.
  "You guys take the beds," I smiled, Vanya returning it, graciously. Allison had already made her way over to one though, collapsing onto it with a sigh. Vanya did the same, the room falling into an uncomfortable silence.
  "I'm gonna go find a vending machine," I said, getting up to leave the room, "See you guys later."
  "See ya!" Vanya called as I exited.

  I started down the empty hall, unsure of where exactly I was headed. As I turned a corner, a small boy with a shaved head strolled past, a slushy in his hands. I turned as he passed me, plucking up the courage to speak to this random child.

  "Hey, uh, where'd you get that?" I asked, causing him to turn and face me. He took in my appearance, my bright pants and my blood stained shirt. His eyes widened at the blood, a grin forming on his face.
  "Is that real blood?!" He asked, half shocked, half in awe. I nodded, his grin widening. "Sick!"
  I chuckled lightly as he made his way back to me, looking down at the slushy he held. He nodded towards it, looking back up at me, "You want one?"
  "Yeah-" I began, though I realized I had no money. My mind strayed to the bag of meth, but I shook my head, ushering those thoughts away.
  "Come on, I'll take you there!" He smiled, starting towards the elevator.
  "Wait, wait, wait!" I called, before he turned back to me, "I don't have money..."

  His eyebrows furrowed in thought, his eyes staring somewhere distant. They brightened as and idea formed in his head, a smile returning to his lips.
  "You ever picked a lock?"
  I had, but I wasn't sure I should be stealing. Then again though, I hadn't eaten or drank anything in a while. And it wasn't like stealing would get me in trouble or anything. Not if I didn't get caught.

✮✮✮

  thanks for reading !! <3
❪ chapters released every friday, 5:30pm ❫

-eva xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 977 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
96.2K 2K 48
Kidnapped by the commission at a young age, due to being a risk to the timeline. The Handler had attempted to kill her once but failed, so to even th...
366 18 7
๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ๐’; โ And now I tell you openly, You have my heart, so don't hurt me โž - โ€ข in which young heroes try to resist their love and desire in the...
591K 18.1K 56
โ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ฉ๐™.โž Thea Hargreeves had already experienced loss in her short li...