Ancestral Cataclysm (Illustra...

By VinoLeunc

In 2055, a magnificent discovery happen. A new race of hominins is found frozen in deep Alaska. This unidenti... More

Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 017 - 40 kilometers per hour
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021 - Distress Call
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024 - A phone call was made
Chapter 025 - Did Ros really do that?
Chapter 026 - The Observant, The Ignorant, And The Untouchable
Chapter 027 - Elad's Bunker
Chapter 028
Chapter 029 - Blue Lantern
Chapter 030 - Who is There?!
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036 - Natural Conversation
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039 - Real-Life Superpower
Chapter 040 - King of Fruit
Chapter 041 - The Stadium
Chapter 042 - Now
Chapter 043 - Near Death
Chapter 044
Chapter 045 - Michellin Award
Chapter 046 - Thwarting
Chapter 047 - What Must I Do?
Chapter 048 - Jumps
Chapter 049
Chapter 050 - 43 hours
Chapter 051 - Drifting
Chapter 052 - Eagle
Chapter 053 - Diversity
Chapter 054 - Candi Jagat Tuwo
Chapter 055 - Pray
Chapter 056 - White Tiger
Chapter 057 - Bite It
Chapter 058 - Biosemiotics
Chapter 059 - Pirates?
Chapter 060 - Primitive
Chapter 061 - Long Crates
Chapter 062 - Victim
Chapter 063 - Reunion
Chapter 064- Extraction
Chapter 065 - Meteorite
Chapter 066 - Found
Chapter 067 - Revenge
Chapter 068 - Wait For Us
Chapter 069 - Dead End?
Chapter 070 - Extinct
Chapter 071 - Ros
Chapter 072 - Ros Story
Chapter 073 - Infiltration 1
Chapter 074 - Infiltration 2
Chapter 075 - Infiltration 3
Chapter 076 - Infiltration 4
Chapter 077 - Infiltration 5
Chapter 078 - The Identity

Chapter 016

5 2 0
By VinoLeunc

Things like chaos are happening in the Zomfactec Lab, Prof. Bill's lab.

What about the demonstration event that is also happening right beside the building?

So this is what happens at the demonstration event.

Let's rewind right before the event is begin...

The stage was still empty. The regular audience already fulfills their slot. The TV stations are already broadcasting live everything... And the VIP sitting area right in front of the stage is gradually filled. The VIP guests are coming and sitting in the chair that was already designated for them.

Behind the stage, inside the building, there is a man, with bald hair, standing nervously, or more precisely agitated.

"Hei, Brandt... you are here. I'm looking for you everywhere... Well, you must know that Mr. President is already near, I think you should prepare to welcome him."

"Matt... Do you hear anything from China?"

"Again? You still agitated about China?! Alright, I'll try to call my fellow there OK? Wait..."

After that Matthew takes his smartphone and tries to dial one of his friends whom he knows attending the private demonstration in China.

But after a few seconds, he received the signal that communication is impossible to happen.

A little bit confused, Matthew tries to call another friend that is also there... And still, the result is that communication is impossible.

"See... can't be connected right?" Brandt said, "I think again the government jamming their own signal to prevent any information leaking. So something must be happening."

"Well, I guess it is nothing special. They often do that. Usually, because they want to set the same argument first so every media that will inform it will be at 1 kind of information. You know right, their government must maintain their own good and superb image. So nothing needs to be worried about."

"Well, what you said can be true. But..." Brandt is still confused.

"But you want to neglect your own image here now?"

"Of course not..."

"Then there is an essential guest who is coming now, Mr. President, won't you prepare yourself?"

"Alright... alright... You are right. So already until where is the Mr. President?"

"Well, as you can see... who else will come with a limo car with the national flag waving in front of the car? There the group of their car enters our drop-off area."

Yes, right at that time the President's car and his team already arrive...

Brandt just change his facial gesture and attitude as a very welcoming host, greeting the important guest.

President Walls Smingthon, the current President of the United State get out of his car and happily accept the handshake from Brandt Budwise. Followed by the Secretary of Defense who also come out from the same car, General Jacob Jacobson.

They all greet and chat for a while with each other.

"Matt, I think all of our guests already come. Can we just start the event?" Brandt asked Matthew.

"Of course, everything is already set. We can just start it right away."  Matthew answered.

There is a moment when the empty stage is suddenly filled with the equipment that they need right away.

Chairs for people who will give a speech are set on the right of the stage. The podium with the wireless mic is set in the middle of the stage. Then people who going to give a speech start to sit in their designated seats. President Walls also sit in one of the chairs in the most strategist position. Ros's chair is on the most right.

Three patients in wheelchairs also enter the stage, placed on the right sight of the stage diagonally in front of the people that are going to give a speech.

And then what are they all waiting for, the unidentified hominin enters the stage and is placed on the left of the stage. All are based on the audience's point of view.

Yes, since the beginning the audience already gives a very hype standing applause, especially when the President enters the stage and when the unidentified hominin enters the stage.

So without further delay, Brandt Budwise just open the event by giving the first speech. Followed by the speech of the President, and then the rest, until Ros's turn.

Ros gives her speech proudly because in front of her, sitting in the VIP area, she sees both of her parents. How proud her parent's smiles are... Make Ros feel more proud and happy.

After Ros, the last person who will give his speech is Dr. Matthew Hilbrew himself. Besides giving a speech at the beginning, of course, he will lead and continue to the demonstration, but now he must give his speech and explanation first, about how amazing the substance that they get from the unidentified hominin.

At that moment, Ros that is going to sit back in her seat sees her assistant kind of having trouble or an argument with the guard inside the building. Of course, Ros can not stand still, so she gets off the stage, enter the building, and approaches her assistant.

"What happens? What is going on?" said Ros when she approach her assistant.

"Ros, you must stop the demonstration. In Prof. Bill's lab right now, there is a volunteer injected with that serum, now he is kind of in pain, hurt from the inside, just really tortured by himself. Well, I can't explain why, but it is chaos there... that is why you must help to prevent that serum injected into any other human." Ros's assistant explains in a hurry and panic.

"O-OK... I'll try to see what I can do..." Ros answered in confusion and she try to go back to the stage but...

"Nope! Don't ever think about it, mam..." The guard prevents that to happen, and with his gesture, he clearly shows that Ros is not allowed to back to the stage.

"What do you mean?! Just clearly see I am from there right? There is my chair, the empty one." Ros said while pointing her finger to the empty chair on the stage.

"Nope! Dr. Matthew's command is already firm and clear. Anyone that already left the stage, may not come back to the stage. Especially you, Ros, Prof. Bill, and all of your teammates. I must stop it with any precaution allowed. That is the command, mam. So I suggest you never try me. OK? so just step back and leave." The guard said.

"What nonsense...!" said Ros trying to pass by body forces...

But of course, she as a woman versus that many trained-muscle guards is not a match.

"I said, stop it, OK?! Should I take this further?!" the guard warned, now he pull out his teaser gun and point it at Ros, "Event your boyfriend Gerald will unmatch with us, so you better give up."

Threatened like that make Ros and her assistant must think more than twice. That warning is not a joke. all guards are fully equipped, they are even prepared with sub-machine guns, MP7, and a high possibility with real bullets. So nothing Ros can do, except give up. Or is there another way? who knows...

Meanwhile, the tension condition happens between Ros and the guards; the event on the stage has nothing to worry about. Still hype even more.

Matthew did his speech flawlessly, and now he explaining what is going to happen, explained based on the scientific approach but still easy to understand by everyone. Matthew explains that something that they get from the unidentified hominin, able to cure every disease. Unfortunately, it is unable to grow back our missing body parts, but at least can make our whole body part feel healthier.

So without further delay, he going to demonstrate it.

Now in the stage, there are already three lucky patients that will accept that 'miracle'-serum at the same time.

The three patients are intentionally chosen, Matt intentionally chooses the patient who is sitting in a wheelchair and still have full body parts. Besides that Matt chooses the one who is quite famous or at least many know that they are really sick and really need to sit in a wheelchair. Of course, to avoid accusations about fakely-setting-situations or fraud.

So Matthew himself with help of his two assistants, give the injection to the three wheelchaired patients at the same time.

The three patients also already wear that high-end watch that is worn by Jerry at Prof. Bill's lab. So on the monitor or the big screen, everyone can see their biological condition.

Three of them were injected by Serum Batch II, and it definitely did not have the same effect as Serum Batch IV which is injected inside Jerry's Body.

Serum Batch II works faster compared to Serum Batch IV. Serum Batch II let the good enzyme spread fast and changes the sequence of DNA along and holds the unidentified purple substance to spread later, but still, it will spread faster compared to Serum Batch IV. The other difference is the condition of Serum Batch II is only affected by the first recipient only, so if the first recipient transfers their DNA to another person, the effect will not be the same.

So while waiting for the Serum to give its effect, Matthew continues the event to the cryogenic resurrection. He explains to the audience that the unidentified hominin is actually not super dead yet. Just like how the cryogenic expert team explained... So the possibility to be resurrected is there. Well, everyone in the world also already knows that because it is already informed in every media before.

So again, without further delay, Matthew permits his cryogenic scientist to do their work. So slowly but surely, the cryogenic team does what they must do. They explain that the process can't be rushed, so patience is needed.

While they all wait for the miracle of the unidentified hominin to become alive again, the other miracle already happening.

Three patients that were already injected with serum batch II before now already show significant progress. Their DNA sequence has already many changed. They start to feel healthier. Their disease was all gone, cancer, HIV, all gone. They miraculously become healthy again, so now they even can stand on their own feed, move their leg, make steps, and even jump.

All are happy with this, their hype is rising to the max. The audience gives their best standing applause, the patients cry happily and hug each other, and Matthew and Brandt are laughing with mouths open as wide as they have never done in their lives.

It is so magnificent, people in the world witness that miracle right from whatever screen they see now.

But -

...

The three patients start to feel nauseous, in pain, and in uncertainty from inside their bodies.

Matthew starts to feel panic, he asks all of his team to help on the stage, including some guards to hold the patient if they start to lose control of their body.

He checks the high-end watch and he starts to realize that the unidentified purple substance also already spread to the whole inside of their body cells.

The three patients already can't hold anymore, they turned.

One of the patients start to struggle to get free, he is stronger than most human, and his power is almost like a middleweight-class mixed martial art athlete. So it is getting harder and harder to hold that patient.

When the chance is there, that patient starts to bite the doctor who holds him. Blood starts to splash out. That bite is a bite from the strong jaws like a hyena. This incident starts to make panic all the people, especially those who are holding other patients. Based on instinct,  they start to think, should they still hold that patient or just run to save themselves? that is why their holding starts to lose. And that is also why the chaos started to more and more escalated.

The first biter, the one that at very left among those three patients, does not stop after just biting one doctor, he continues to attack anyone else around him. And unfortunately, Dr. Matthew wants to stop that also bitten, on his shoulder near to the neck, luckily it is not lethal.

The middle patient bites a healthy and fit-body guard, as her first victim.

The third patient is the one that is the most right. Jump to the VIP area to bite his first victim, and unfortunately, it is Ros's mother.

ALL PANIC AT THIS TIME!

The President in hurry evacuated by his bodyguard, but again, one of the bodyguards get attacked and bitten.

All the audience, VIP or not, start to run... All TV crew either. Only one of the TV crew stupidly stays to record because he thinks it is the best breaking-news that he can get. But of course, no need to wait for long, he also gets attacked.

Now the infected number grow more and more. The infected act like the apex predator, and assume all humans as their prey. They don't want to attack one only, as long as they see another prey, they will leave their injured victim and start to attack another prey.

Unfortunately, the injured victims, if the injury is not lethal enough, now have the 'transferred DNA' on their bite mark, of course, it comes from the saliva of the infected.

And the infected 'transferred DNA' has the unmodified characteristic of the serum batch II, so the spread of the unidentified substance inside the victim's body will be fast, just depending on the recipient's body, following the law that every human has a different body condition. But even though like that, no one, as long as they are homo sapiens, able to be resistant to that what Prof. Bill named CASX.

So approximately, the recipient will turn in the matter of less than one minute to maybe five minutes at maximum.

So the chaos begins and spreads.

Screams are loudly heard everywhere... Gunshots... Predator growls...

Every non-lethal victim left by the infected turned... and start to attack another 'prey'.

That is what happens... now...

If you were there, what will you do?

...

***

Dr. Matthew Hilbrew's point of view.

Oh my God, what is happening?

Did I get bitten?

Yes, it is hurt a lot, my shoulder, my blood is flowing out, it must be stopped...

But, wait... now they left me? they did not kill me?

Will I turn like them?

First, I must try to calm... What is my state?

Now I'm on the ground laying and crawling by one hand... My blood still flowing out... Where am I now? Still on the stage, oh bellow the inclined bed of the unidentified hominin... What happens to him?

WHAT?

HE OPENS HIS EYES!

OH, HE IS WAKING UP FROM HIS LONG HIBERNATION!

He is looking at me now... hello hominin, can you help me now? Are you still very weak?

That eyes, that look is the most calming and weak look... are you pitying me right now?

Ah, he opens his mouth, maybe he wants to tell me something, secret for me to heal from this.

Oh, weakly he climbs down from his bed and tries to look at me closer...

Yes, please, come and whisper to me how I can be healed from this. I am maybe your descendant, am I?

Yes, please, come closer, I will hear your whisper...

Wait... why do you direct your mouth to my neck?

URGH!!!

This bite... This bite... Is strong like a lion...

I... can't breathe...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.5K 8.6K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
1.9M 70K 56
The helpless, naive, always being bullied, Kieran Lars Lockwood has been alone ever since his parents died. The sad truth is, his parents died when h...
2.6K 706 35
Monsters don't exist but humans do. Humans have a talent for destroying anything beautiful about to bloom. When the last human on Earth died, she di...
3.3K 376 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...