[ π™ΏπšŽπšπšŠπš•πšœ & πšƒπš‘πš˜πš›πš—πšœ...

By GhostyBug

Audrey Russell Hargrove just moved to Hawkins, Indiana from the sunny state of California. With a hot headed... More

Part I
I - Art Class
II - Halloween
III - A Ride Home
IV - English Project
VI - Middle Schoolers
VII - Demo-dogs
VIII - Billy
IX - Tunnels
Part II
X - Summertime
XI - Secret Code
XII - Evil Russians
XIII - Scooper
XIV - No. . .Bones??
XV - Child. Endangerment.
XVI - Down
XVII - Just Press the Button
XVIII - Bandages
XIX - Promethium
XX - Rip in the Wall
XXI - So Close
XXII - Interrogation
XXIII - Clickity-Clackity
XXIV - Cavalry Has Arrived
XXV - A Million!
XXVI - oh. . .
XXVII - Reunions
XXVIII - Skin Crawls
Part III

V - Dahlia

109 5 3
By GhostyBug

"Audrey!" Neil yelled, slamming his daughter's door open. She was laying on her bed reading The Shining for her book report.

"Yes, dad?" She looked up from her book, her expression of joy from the story she so loved immediately dropping when she saw her father's face.

"Where the hell is your brother?!"

"I- I don't know. . .He's not in his room?"

"Do you think I'd be asking you if he was? Do you think I'm stupid?" Russell's father was getting close, nearly at her bed with his slow steps.

"No, of course not." She muttered, sitting up on her bed. "Did he- Did he take Max somewhere?"

"She's here you fucking bitch." Neil took a swing, his fist colliding with the spot that was still bruised on his daughter's cheek. She yelled out, tears pricking her eyes. He grabbed her by her collar, pulling her to a stumbling stand. "Where. . .is. . .Billy?" She could taste the whiskey on his breath and swallowed.

"I don't know."

"Stop lying to me!" He dropped her from his grasp, punching her again. She blocked her face with her hands, her father taking a tight hold of her wrists. Neil twisted her arms behind her back, slamming her face first into the wall. "Where is your brother!?"

"I don't know! I don't know!" She sobbed out, wriggling in his hold. He had a hand against her cheek and the other was still constricting her wrists in a way she thought would pop her shoulders out of socket. Through her teary eyes she saw Susan standing in the doorframe, a scared look on her face. Just. . .watching.

"I will not tolerate your disrespect in my household!" He spat out, pushing her face further into the wall. "I want you out! Be gone in the next five minutes you ungrateful bitch." Neil let go of his daughter, leaving her in the familiar state of crying against the wall. She hurriedly grabbed her school backpack, shoving clothes and makeup in it. She scrawled a messy note to Billy on a piece of paper and slid it under his door, leaving the house. She didn't grab everything she'd need because she knew that she'd be back in the house by Monday, her father needing someone who was actually there all the time that he could beat on. She didn't have a car like Billy, all she could do was stay in her room. It was perfect for him.

————————————————————————————————

Russell was walking through town, her eyes were no longer red but the bruise on her cheek was uncovered since she didn't have time to cover it before leaving her house. She was pulling at the sleeves of her jacket, tucking the light blue fabric into her palms. "Oh my God! Ru!" She felt arms wrap tight around her torso and flinched, her shoulders going tense.

The brunette turned around to see Rylie standing there along with a stiff looking Steve. "Oh. . .Hey guys." She gave them a smile.

Steve's expression immediately dropped into concern, lightly taking the girl's chin and tilting it so he could look at her left cheek. "What the hell happened?"

She pushed his hand off, "Nothing. I tripped." She could see in Steve's eyes that he didn't believe her, that he was angry. "Wha- What are you guys up to?"

"We're getting flowers for this dipshit's ex." Rylie laughed, nudging herself against Steve.

"We didn't technically break up-" Steve interjected with a frown, snapping his attention from Russell's bruise to his blonde friend.

Russell chuckled, nodding with a smile. "You guys have fun with that. I'm gonna-"

"You should join us!" Steve blurted, mentally scolding himself for inviting the pretty girl to help him pick out flowers for his girlfriend.

"Oh. . .That's okay. I wouldn't want to be a bother." She frowned.

"Bother? Who the hell made you think that, Ru?" Rylie snickered, "Remember what I told you last time you said that?"

Russell laughed, "That I'd be an honored guest?"

"Exactly! Right, Stevie?" The blonde looked up to her best friend who was still staring at Russell's face, his eyes moving quickly back to her the moment she opened her mouth.

"Huh- Oh, yeah. Exactly, guest of honor." He nodded a big smile on his face.

"If you're sure."

"Of course we are." Rylie smiled, hooking her arm with the brunette's and dragging both her and Steve toward the flower shop. "You're gonna be a huge help, you just look like boys give you a lot of flowers."

"Yeah. . .I look like a lot of things." She glanced over at Steve. "But no, I've never been given a flower."

Steve was taken aback, looking at the girl with confusion. "Never?"

"Nope." Russell shook her head.

"Not even from a boyfriend?"

"What makes you think I've had a boyfriend, Steve?"

"Oh- Uh- I- I- Uhm- I just-" He stammered making the brunette laugh.

"Come on, let's go pick these flowers." Russell walked off, leaving the two best friends.

"What the hell was that?" Rylie nudged Steve with a knowing smirk.

"Nothing. . .it was nothing. Come on." He followed after Russell who was staring at a bouquet of daisies. "So those ones?"

Russell looked at him like he was stupid. "No. I mean, maybe. They do symbolize new beginnings. But that's not what you want with Nancy, is it?"

"Uh- Not exactly." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I didn't think so." Russell lead Steve over to another table. "Peonies, sunflowers, or tulips all symbolize happiness and romance. But what you're probably looking for is red roses. They symbolize love. Plus, most girls find them the prettiest." The brunette pointed to each of the flowers as she named them off.

"Do you?" Steve asked, facing down at the girl.

"Do I. . .what?"

"Think red roses are the prettiest?"

"No, I do not."

"Then which flowers are your favorites, Ru?"

"Out of roses?" She thought it over for a second. "Either coral or lavender. But dahlias are my favorites." Russell was looking through the flowers, trying to find the perfect bouquet of roses for Nancy.

"And what do those ones stand for?"

Russell smiled, biting at the corner of her lip. "Coral roses are for desire. Lavender roses are for love at first sight or enchantment. And dahlias stand for many different things."

"What types of things?" Steve asked, following the brunette around like a lost puppy.

"Devotion. . .love. . .beauty, and. . .dignity."

"I thought you were a horror type of girl."

"Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty in romance, Steve." She picked up a bouquet of roses. Each and every flower was neatly placed and none of them had brown spots or rips in their petals. It was undeniably, beautifully perfect. "Here. For Nancy." She smiled, walking away from the boy who couldn't keep his eyes off her and over to Rylie. "We found the flowers, we can go now."

The blonde sneezed, "Thank God. I'm allergic to flowers." She sniffled, sneezing into her elbow again.

Steve came back over, finding the girls by the door. He tapped Russell on the shoulder and she turned. Steve slipped a large flower behind her ear, beaming at the look of utter adoration that fell on her face. "Dahlia. For beauty."

"Thank you, Steve." The brunette's face flushed, looking away from the boy.

"Of course." The three of them walked out of the store, going over to Steve's car.

"I guess you guys don't need me anymore. I'll see you later."

"Wait, Ru!"

She turned to the brunet. "Yeah?"

"Come with us."

"Why?" The girl laughed, shaking her head.

"Uhm. . ." Steve scratched the back of his neck.

Rylie looked at him, utterly annoyed at his lack to come up with an excuse. "Because while Steve's fucking Nancy I'm gonna be bored." The blonde shrugged, smiling when Russell laughed and slid into the backseat of the car. "You're the honored guest, remember. Honored guests sit in the front." Rylie pulled the back door open, waiting for Russell to climb out.

The brunette shook her head. "If you say so, m'lord." She bowed, sliding into the front next to Steve.

"I do indeed, m'lady." The blonde returned, buckling her seatbelt in the spot behind Russell. Steve shot Rylie a look that Russell missed, glaring at his best friend who only winked in return.

————————————————————————————————

"Okay, just go over there and apologize." Rylie patted her friend on the shoulder. "You got this."

"Apologize? Why is he apologizing? Because Nancy doesn't love him?" Russell's view moved between the two.

"Ru!" Rylie hit her in the arm.

"What!? I'm just asking a question-" The brunette's hands flew above her head.

"No, no she's right- Why am I apologizing?" Steve turned to the blonde in the backseat.

"Because you spilled punch on her. . ? I don't know I was really out of it on Halloween." Rylie shook her head, shrugging.

"We know, you still have my brother's jacket to prove it." Russell chuckled.

"Wait!? That's Billy's?! You've been wearing it for days!" Steve's tone was edging on a groan as he yelled out the words.

"It smells nice!" Rylie shouted back at him.

"We're getting off topic here. Steve, go give Nancy her flowers. Don't go apologize, she doesn't deserve it." Russell nodded to her words, deciding them good enough advice.

"I mean. . .Nancy is a bitch. Why are we even here in the first place, Stevie?" Rylie leaned her elbows on the back of each of the teens' seats and leaned forward.

"Ry, Ru. You can't do this to me. Not right now." Steve deadpanned.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just go already!" Rylie pushed his back toward the door. Steve got out of the car, gently closing the door and walking over to the house muttering to himself.

"He's not gonna do it, is he?" Russell's brows turned down in worry, anxious that she might've ruined his chances of getting the girl he loved back.

"Is that Henderson and Lulu?"

"Who's Henderson?" Russell turned toward the window to see Steve talking with Lucy and the kid with the hat she had met the other day at the arcade when he and his friend were spying on Max. Dustin, she thought his name was.

"Oh my God, it is. Why the fuck are they coming over here?" Rylie chuckled, sliding over in her seat so she was sitting on the driver's side.

"Why does Lucy have Steve's flowers?"

"No clue."

The two kids made it to the car, still talking to Steve. "We've got bigger problems than your love live." Dustin went to open the front door only to notice Russell. "But you've got Russell in the car, so you already worked that one out." The brunet laughed, opening the backseat door for Lucy to slide in next to Rylie. "Do you still have the bat?"

"Bat? What bat?" Steve called from his spot over on the grass.

"The one with the nails, idiot!" Lucy shouted from the car, rolling her eyes at her brother.

"Why?" Steve asked, looking to his little sister.

"We'll explain on the way." Dustin sat down next to Lucy, waving at the two older girls.

"Now?" Steve questioned.

"Now!" Dustin yelled, closing the door as Steve ran toward the drivers side of his car. "Your brother's not nearly as smart as you, Luce." Dustin sighed, shaking his head.

"I know. How do you think I have so much money?" Lucy smiled.

————————————————————————————————

Word Count - 1,897

————————————————————————————————

Published - June 7, 2023

————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203 13 13
---Under Editing--- π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 π‡π”π‘π‘πˆπ‚π€ππ„ || A Billy Hargrove Redemption Story (Season 2 Rewrite) [Part 1 of 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑰𝑡𝑺 π‘ͺ𝑰𝑻𝒀 𝑳𝑰𝑴�...
390K 7.2K 28
(Stranger Things Seasons 2 & 3) Jamie Harrington: Steve Harrington's stupid little sister. That is, only by a few minutes. The Harrington twins rule...
9.4K 620 18
🚲 ❛ but still we watched a 1980s horror film ❜ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ: a girl from new york, with major anger management issues, catches the eye of hawkins high'...
36.3K 1.1K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...