XXIV - Cavalry Has Arrived

"Honestly, I don't really feel anything." Steve shook his head. "Do you?" 

"I mean, I- I feel fine." Robin returned.

"Everything's so light. . ." Russell contradicted, her voice soft and airy. 

"I feel normal." 

"Yeah, I feel- I feel fine." Steve chuckled. "I kinda feel good." The three of them let out light giggles. 

"Wanna know a secret?" Robin questioned, leaning her head all the way back against the other two's to look at the ceiling. 

"What?" Russell smiled. 

"I like it too!"

They all let out uncontrollable laughter, like kids who said something that honestly made zero sense but couldn't stop laughing anyways, even though nothing was really funny. 

"Morons! They messed up the drug!" Steve chuckled. 

"They messed it up." Russell giggled, leaning her head to the side, just barely on Steve's shoulder. 

"Morons. Hey, morons!" Robin yelled. 

"Morons!" Steve chuckled, leaning forward as much as he could in the chair before leaning back. 

"Moron!" 

"Hey!" 

"Moron-"

"Woah! Oh!" 

"There is definitely something wrong with us-" Russell scoffed out a laugh, trying to slow herself down. Everything was so easy and light, it was hard to stop. Like when you're first learning how to swim and you push forward, it's so much easier to move than normal and you'll go further than you meant. It's hard to stop, hard to fight against the effortless motion. 

"Something's wrong~" Steve practically sang out. 

The door buzzer went off and the man in charge came in, followed by the doctor. The three stopped laughing, looking at the two men. 

The doctor started laying out metal tools on a tray, tools that didn't look like they'd be any fun for the three to deal with. Robin let out a weary chuckle. "Would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like doctors?" The man in the white coat put down what Russell could only assume was a large knife. 

"Let's try this again, yes?" The man in charge asked. 

"Mm." Steve nodded slightly, his tongue pressing to the inside of his cheek and muffling his voice. 

"Who do you work for?" 

"Scoops." Steve chuckled. "Scoops Ahoy." Robin giggled airily. 

"How did you find us?" 

"Totally by accident."

The man said something in Russian to the doctor who picked up a tool in exchange. "What is that shiny little toy?" Steve asked. 

"Where are you going with that, doc?" Robin asked. 

Russell simply tilted her head, watching as the doctor came around in front of Steve with the metal tool. 

"Woah, woah- Hey- Hey- Woah!" Steve started panicking as the doctor held the tool up to the boy's fingernail. Russell sat up straighter, shaking her head. "No- Wait! Wait!"

"Stop!" Russell squeaked, "He's not lying! It was an accident, please-" 

"There was a code! We heard a code!" Robin yelled, and the doctor stopped pulling, yet he didn't let Steve's hand go. 

"Code? What code?" The man in green rounded in front of Russell to look down at Robin. 

"The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. Blah, blah, blah-" Robin looked at him. "You broadcast that stupid spy shit all over town, and we picked it up on our Cerebro, and we cracked it in a day! A day!" Robin laughed. "You think you're so smart, but a couple of kids who scoop ice cream and hand out movie tickets for a living cracked your code in a day, and now, people know you're here."

"Who knows we are here, сука." He spit the last word out and Russell could only assume it meant something less than nice. 

"Uh, well Dustin knows, and-" Steve giggled.

"Hey, Steve?" Russell shook her head. 

"Yeah, Dustin Henderson, he knows."

"Steve!" Robin groaned. 

"Dustin Henderson." The Russian smiled. "It is your small, curly-haired friend?" 

"Oh, curly-haired. Great hair. Small. Kind of like a 'fro, yeah. Little shit's dating my sister. They're like. . .ten. Why do they need girlfriends and boyfriends?" Steve rambled. 

"Steve!" Russell tried, hoping to shut him up. 

"Where is he?" 

"Oh," Steve drew out with a big smile. "He's long gone, you big asshole. And he's probably calling Hopper, and Hopper's calling the US cavalry. They're gonna come in here commando-style, guns a blazin', and kick your sorry asses back to Russia. You're gonna be two pieces of toast." Steve laughed.

"Is that so?" The man leaned down, getting in Steve's face while he asked. 

"Yeah." Steve nodded. The three teens started laughing. The man in green turned to the doctor and laughed as well. But then they were all cut off by the sound of an alarm blaring through the Russian base. 

Steve turned forward to the man and shrugged a nod. He left to find out what the commotion was. Only ten seconds later, Dustin, Lucy, and Erica came in. Dustin screamed with a taser-stick. . .thing in his hand and jabbed it into the doctor's chest. He fell back before collapsing onto the ground. "Heyy!!" Steve cheered. "Henderson! That's crazy, I was just talking about you."  Dustin started untying Russell, while Lucy helped Steve and Erica worked on Robin's. 

"Oh, my God!" Robin laughed. 

"Steve just told that bad guy all this cra-" Russell started before cutting herself off with a fit of giggles. 

"Get ready to run." Dustin instructed, snapping the tape off of Russell's wrists. 

————————————————————————————————

Word Count - 895

————————————————————————————————

Published - May 2, 2024

————————————————————————————————

{Author's Note}

Hullo!! Just two short chapters today to finish off episode 6! (Gold & Stone has the other chapter) I'm hoping to get one or two more chapters out for all four stories in the next seven days but I can't make any promises. I hope you enjoyed the short filler-type chapter!

<3 - Ghosty