IV - English Project

Russell was sitting on the bleachers next to Rylie. The blonde beside her was continuing her drawing of Billy from the day before since they were on the same shirts and skins teams. 

Billy dodged one of Steve's attempts to steal the ball, laughing at the brunette. "All right! All right, all right! King Steve!" He called out, pointing at Steve. "King Steve, everyone. I like it. Playing tough today."

"Jesus! Do you ever stop talking, man? Come on!" Steve motioned for him to move.

Billy laughed again, shaking his head. "What? You afraid that coach is gonna bench you now that I'm here? Huh?" Billy shoved Steve, knocking him onto the floor. He made it over to the basket, the ball easily going through.

"Seriously, Cali." Rylie shook her head, glaring at Russell's brother.

Billy held a hand out to Steve to pull him up and whisper something to him. Billy dropped Steve back onto the floor just as the coach blew the whistle.

"Lockers! Everyone!" Coach shouted, the students all going to their respective locker rooms to either change from their gym clothes or shower the sweat off. Russell quickly pulled on a white skirt that went nicely with her light blue sweater, her black knee high socks contrasting the white vans she wore. She rushed out of the locker room, her backpack evenly on both shoulders. Russell stopped outside the boys locker room, waiting for Steve to finish changing. They had decided they wanted to hang out that period for lunch so she waited for him to finish his shower since he had been doing basketball.

In the locker room, Billy and Steve were both in the showers, cleaning off the grime from their basketball game. "Don't sweat it, Harrington. Today's just not your day, man." Billy turned off his water, going to grab a towel.

"Yeah. Not your week." Tommy Hagan snickered. "You and the princess break up for one day, she's already running off with the freak's brother." Steve looked up at him, not responding. "Oh, shit. You don't know. Jonathan and the princess skipped yesterday, still haven't shown. But that must just be a coincidence, right?" Tommy laughed, turning to Billy.

"Don't take it too hard, man. A pretty boy like you's got nothing to worry about." The blond leaned on the shower pole. "Plenty of bitches in the sea." He turned Steve's water off, "Just stay the fuck away from my little sister. Got it?" Steve turned to Billy, scowling. The blond pat him on the shoulder. "I'll be sure to leave you some." He walked away, going to get dressed as Steve turned his water back on. 

"Russ?" The brunette shot her head up, meeting her brother's eyes.

"Oh, hey Billy!"

"What are you still doing here?"

"I was waiting for Steve, we're working on an English project together." She smiled.

"Don't wait up too long, wouldn't want you to be disappointed if he doesn't show." 

She bit the corner of her lip, swallowing. "Okay. . .I- Uhm- I won't."

"Bye, Russ." He walked off, leaving his sister outside the boy's locker room doors. 

"Bye Billy." 

Despite Billy's warning, Russell waited there throughout the whole thirty minutes of their lunch period. When the bell finally rang she sighed, shaking her head and leaving. Steve never came. She wasn't sure why, but Steve never showed up. He must have gone out of one of the other locker room exits but she couldn't figure out why. They agreed they'd meet there, everyone was supposed to go out of the exit she was sitting at. So. . .where was he?

————————————————————————————————