Undercover Badge.

By Black_Wings

My first story. Quality questionable, Read at your own risk: Seventeen year old Kat hates moving, but the sm... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
EXTRA BIT;
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 30!! LAST CHAPTER!!!
finale

CHAPTER 24

49.6K 660 125
By Black_Wings

****

***

Yes, I uploaded early. See!!! You comment lots, I upload lots!

I have a feeling a few of you are gonna kill me or this one......

REMEMBER; THE MORE YOU COMMENT THE FASTER I UPLOAD!!!

****

CHAPTER 24

***

Nurse Amy Jackson had seen all there was to be seen.

Now forty seven years of age, she was a busy bodied woman. A stock of frizzy, dyed red hair, eyebrows paper line thin, and a little more weight around the middle than she would have liked. Her eyes were grey and watery, and they looked up at people from her short five feet two inches.

However, she worked in Las Vegas, city of dreams, and while she was NOT one of the show girls, living it up VIP style, she still enjoyed the Vegas nightlife.

She'd seen all the oddest things here in the hospital. Girls in show costumes with a twisted ankle after falling from the dizzying heights of their heels. Gangsters with stab wounds. Prostitutes with STDs or in need of abortion. Men in costumes that ranged from Cowboy to tooth fairy, somehow needing a doctor. And on that Friday night, she was dealing with exactly that.

Amy sat at the frond desk, which faced the doors to the constant party beyond, flipping through a magazine. Her all white outfit made her skin look a sickly yellow in the fluorescent lighting, and somehow made her hair look worse.

"So, I was tellin' him to pack his stuff and get, you know what I'm sayin'?" she was saying to the other woman at the desk.

Yes, Nurse Amy Jackson had seen it all.... Up till now.

Loud yelling, sounding far away but seeming to get nearer, drew her attention upwards, to the glass doors. Her eyes widened.

Through the door burst an attractive man. His hair was dark, black, slightly long, which fell into eyes that were dark blue. He was muscular, and over six feet. He wore a suit, with a loose tie. However, that wasn't the most startling thing.

The worst was the girl, in his arms.

Lord, Amy thought, She's beautiful.

Her hair was dark and straight, slightly more brown than black. Her eyes were darkly made up, with blood red lips. Her skin was creamy, and seemed to shimmer of a healthy glow, even in the fluorescent lighting. Her body was lean and toned, with a flat, sculpted stomach on display. Her legs were perfect, muscular and powerful. She wore a skirt that had a few longer pieces, falling to her calves that now fell out of the way, as her knees were hooked around the mans right arm. He cradled her shoulders with his left, as her head hung back, her long hair spilling down her forehead was covered in a light sheen of sweat, her fists and jaw clenched, clearly in pain. Amy ran forward, yelling "Someone get a doctor!"

"What happened," Amy asked the boy, as they set the beauty down on the counter. She arched her back away from the cool marble, her mouth opening, but not a sound came out. Her silent screams of pain. Her fingers unclenched, her nails attempting to claw at the marble beneath her.

"She said something about a benzen. Bunz... bunzen..."

"Benzene!" The nurse cried trying to grab onto the girls wrist to feel for pulse.

"Yes! That!" the young man cried, trying to lay the girl down. Her eyes were closed, and she made slow gasping sounds, pain obvious in her movements.

"It's a toxic chemical, or poison. Found in gasoline. Benzene gives it the oddly pleasant smell." Amy informed, trying to hold the girl down.

"It can be absorbed through the skin. "I've never seen it take action this fast. This has to be some sort of mutation of the chemical. Or an alloy with something else."

Suddenly, the girls mouth opened, and she arched farther off the table, letting loose a piercing, blood curdling shriek. Her hands clenched to fists again, and she took a deep breath, before expelling it in a long scream.

"Nurse!" Doctor Connors, a man in his late fifties asked, coming running. "This girls been poisoned. It looks like some form of morphed Benzene. We need to get her to theater now!" Nurse Amy yelled, batting away a piece of her frizzy red hair that had fallen out of the bun as the tried to hold the withering girl.

A few doctors grabbed the girl, and she shrieked as their hands touched her burning skin. They pulled her down the hall.

The boy stood in the waiting room, watching as the busy bodied nurse he'd only briefly met ran after the doctors, trying to help.

Yes.

Nurse Amy Jackson had seen all there was to be seen.

Until now...

****

****

It was three am in Las Vegas.

Partiers, drunk, sober, and tipsy, all moved on to find a bed for the remainder of the morning, trying to sleep off the various stimulants they had taken, while the hardcore partiers searched for new digs.

However, in a hospital sat a young man, anxiously waiting for a doctor. Katrina Veynox had come out of surgery two hours before, and still James Allegresso had not been told a word.

He currently sat in an empty, plastic chair in a waiting room, his head in his hands, his face solemn, praying that his girlfriend would be alright. The pain in imagining loosing her was too painful, so he centered all his strength into hoping she was okay. The room he sat in was white, with dark tiles. There were pictures drawn by children on the walls, put there in a feeble attempt to create a cheery atmosphere. It had failed.

"Mr. Allegresso?" The doctor asked. James looked up. Two things spilled across his mind. The first was; If she was gone, how would he tell her parents. They'd left soon after her performance, but not before enjoying the dance floor, telling them to "Have fun," and "Cut loose." how would he tell them that their only daughter was dead.

And the second, worse still, hew would her real mother react to the news? Oddly enough, Katrina's mother would not target James, the cop who had pretended to be a part of the gang. But instead she went after her own daughter.

Relief, that her plan had word?

Sadness, for the loss of her daughters life?

Or, would she just not give a shit?

James bet on the latter.

"Yes, doctor." James asked, his voice hoarse.

The doctor motioned the boy to follow him up an elevator and into the hallways. Eventually, they stood in the middle of the place as people hustled and bustled about.

"She's in there," the doctor motioned to room 102. There was a closed door, ond to the right of the door was a observation window, but th blinds were down, at the moment.

"She is in stable condition. The chemical used to poison her was not pure benzene, but a mutation of it. It would take a lot of money and connections to find a lab to be able to do that. She's in a coma. When, and if, she wakes up, it will be sudden."

James nodded slowly.

"May I ask, what are her hobbies? Because, in all honesty, I've never worked on a woman with that much stamina. Its incredible, actually." The doctor sound in awe and waited for James's reply. However, he was suddenly cut off.

"OI!" They both heard a yell, and turned their heads toward Katrina's room, where the shout had come from. In the next moment, a body flew through the window. The blinds made snapping sounds as the body of a male nurse was thrown through it, landing hard on the floor with the shattered glass.

A second passed, and the door to Katrina's room was kicked open. Kat marched out with a pissed off expression on her face. And James couldn't help but notice how the hospital gown ended a few inched above her knees. She walked up to the guy on the ground, who was withering in pain. She roughly grabbed a hold of the hair on the base of his skull, then walked toward James, half dragging him behind her.

When she got to them, she threw him on the ground at their feet.

"Please explain to me," she snapped in a venomous and loud voice, "Why this ass whole was groping me!?"

"Dear," the doctor said, "He was in there to check your monitoring equipment."

"Oh, he was checking my equipment, all right, but it had nothing to do with monitoring!" she yelled, clearly angry.

James sighed in relief, and grinned.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GRINNING AT!?" Kat snapped at him. James just smiled wider and pulled her into a hug.

Yep.

Kat was back.

***

The LVPD had only one lead. James was at the police station, and Kat was still at the hospital, resting. She would be discharged at 10 am Saturday morning, in exactly four hours.

James was staring at a TV screen.

"Detective, we ourselves are curious about this." The lieutenant was eyeing James with suspicion.

"Damnit man," James snapped, "I haven't slept for 36 hours, show me the damn tape!"

"All right. This was the security footage from the club". The image was grainy, black and white, but one could still see a hooded man signal the bartender. He leaned over, and talked to him. Then, the hooded man handed the bartender a hundred dollar bill and a 2 liter bottle of clear liquid.

The bartender nodded, and the man turned to leave, however, at the door, he turned back. The camera paused the image, and zoomed in, clearing the hooded face. James felt shock.

Good God.

The face in the image was identical to his own.

It was his twin brother.

***

I was so tired. I think I was also high on the pain meds this hospital had given me. The doctor told me I'd been poisoned, but they'd managed to screen the weird benzene thing out of my system. I was half awake and groggy.

The door opened, and I squinted through my blurry vision.

"James?" I whispered, and my voice sounded cracked and dry. "Is that you?"

He wasn't wearing what he wore this morning, which was a suit. James was now wearing a hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

"No," he said, and his voice was off. It wasn't how I remembered it.

He laughed. "But it's close enough." he walked up to my side and started pulling out all the tubes and wires connected to me. I watched him, curious. "James, what are you doing?" I asked, still tired.

"Don't call me that," he growled. "I'm not James, you stupid girl."

"Oh." I was to tired. My brain was foggy, like mush.

The guy that wasn't James but looked like him pulled on my arm. He took something out of his pocket, and it took a second for my eyes to focus. It was a syringe with clear liquid and a needle on the end. He opened my arm up and slapped the inside of my wrist a couple times. I watched him line up the needle to my artery, and gently slide it through the skin. I winced, but watched as the syringe emptied into my bloodstream.

"James," I whispered. Things were spinning. "I'm sleepy."

"Good," he said, and his voice sounded sneering. It took a few seconds for me to loose consciousness.

***

James ran as fast as he could and hailed a cab. When the cabby finally dropped James off at the hospital, he ran to room 102. It had ductape in a large X across the window, and new blinds replacing the old ones. James ran to the door, threw it open....

There was nothing.

Kat was gone.

She was gone.

****

***

A few of you may be lost.

Here are the details;

Kat was poisoned, she's better now.

When James looked at the security footage from the nightclub, he saw that his twin brother (check chapters six and seven) was the one that had her poisoned.

And now James's brother kidnapped her.

Also, if you check what Kat's mom said in chapter 11 she says : "The other son was going to take my offer, but I just don't see you two together." the other son being James's brother, and the offer being arranged marriage.

REMEMBER; THE MORE YOU COMMENT THE FASTER I UPLOAD!!!

***

***

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
18.7K 625 33
Callie has made a huge change in her life. She's given up everything she was used to for a brand new life. Traded in her job, her useless boyfriend a...
30.7K 1.1K 32
I WAS LITERALLY 14 WHEN I STARTED THIS BOOK SO IT WILL BE BAD AT FIRST She is strong She is dangerous She is ruthless She is power She is Vee -don...
106K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...