Devil Doesn't Bargain

By marveltribrid21

MALE READER! Y/N Adams is known for his bad behaviour in college but no one can change him so he's transferre... More

Y/N Adams Bio
Prologue
Professor Johansson
Classes
Party Problems
The Truth
Mother vs Mom
Whatever It Takes
The Saboteurs
Taken
Cold Case
Found
What Are We?
Unexpected
Not Over Yet
Guess Who's Back
First Night Back
Hickeys and Moving in
First Time
Epilogue

Shattered Hearts

433 18 10
By marveltribrid21

Lizzie and Robbie have signed the papers and have become Y/N's legal guardians which means they had to sign the form that states if Y/N does not wake up in four months, they had to turn off his life support machine. 

It broke their hearts to sign it but they know their son is strong so he will wake up, they hope. Scarlett was informed of what happened and she regretted the way she left things. 

Scarlett, Tom, Zendaya, Hailee, Florence and Jacob have been visiting him while Robbie and Lizzie stay there most days, except when they go to work. 

Robbie walks into the room seeing Lizzie shaving Y/N's beard. He raises an eyebrow and looks at Scarlett who sits on the chairs.

"Babe why are you shaving him?"

"He doesn't like having a beard, it makes him itchy."

He sighs walking over to her and putting his hand on her lower back making her look at him. 

"It's only been two months Lizzie, he'll wake up."

"I'm getting worried."

"So am I but it's Y/N he survived months of torture and came out the other side and now he fought poison in his body."

"But he's in a coma Robbie."

"He'll wake up."

Lizzie kisses her husband before continuing to shave him wiping his face when she finishes before moving his hair from his face. 

"Please wake up sweetie."

She tears up leaning down to kiss his forehead before wiping her eyes. Robbie picks up his penguin teddy putting it on Y/N's chest.

"Mr. Waddles miss-"

"It's sir waddles," the two women say in unison.

"Ok, Sir Waddles misses you."

They all chuckle lightly before sitting around talking about other things. Robbie starts to randomly chuckle to himself making the two women look at him confused.

"What's so funny?"

"Just remembered when he said he can pull women older than I can."

Lizzie starts laughing and so does Robbie as Scarlett looks confused.

"When did he say that?"

"After you left to get him a present."

She smiles softly at him before kissing his cheek. The door opens and the five friends walk in looking at Y/N.

"Still hasn't woke up?"

Lizzie looks at Tom. 

"No not yet but he will."

Hailee walks over to the bed resting her forehead on his as she cries. Her friends watch her before looking at the adults.

"She hasn't been taking it well. He's been her protector since he saved her that day so it's hitting her the hardest."

"It isn't easy for any of us but Y/N is strong, he'll wake soon."

They all nod as Hailee pulls away from him wiping her eyes as they leave the room heading back to the school. 

Scarlett and Lizzie are sat reading books as they sit in Y/N's room. Lizzie looks up from her book sighing, she can't focus so she closes her book. Scarlett looks over at her friend as she runs her fingers through her hair. 

"What's wrong Lizzie?"

"It's been three months Scarlett and he has shown no signs of waking up."

"He will."

"What if he doesn't? There is a chance that he won't and we need to start realising that."

Scarlett walks over as Lizzie starts crying into her hands. She hugs her rubbing her back tearing up herself. 

"I never got to tell him we want to adopt him."

"He knows, he knows Lizzie."

She kisses her head comforting her best friend who shakes with sobs in her arms. Robbie walks in seeing the scene in front of him.

"What's wrong?"

"What if he doesn't wake up?"

Robbie walks over sitting on the other side of his wife. 

"I've been thinking that too, at least he'll always know we loved him unconditionally and we can cherish all the memories we made together like that day we took him to the zoo."

"And his face lit up when he saw the penguins," Lizzie chuckles wiping her tears. "He wanted to take one home with him."

"Remember the meerkats?"

"They were all over him, the zookeepers struggled to get them away from him."

They laugh reminiscing. They all start sharing memories of him, smiling and laughing for the first time in a while.

The three adults and five students stand in the room, it has been four months. Y/N has not woke up meaning they have to turn off the machines keeping him alive. There is not a dry eye in sight as everyone gets a turn to say goodbye to him. 

"Hey buddy, it's your dad." Robbie chokes up. "We know you've fought so hard to stay alive for us but you can let go now. We're gonna be okay and we're never ever gonna stop loving you." He ruffles Y/N's hair before he walks away wiping his eyes.

"Hi sweetie, we're gonna miss you so much. You're the best thing that ever happened to me every since you walked into my classroom. I love you so much and..." Lizzie takes a deep breath. "I want you to know you are my son and I have always loved you like one. Don't worry I'll look after Sir Waddles for you." She kisses his head crying as her lips linger before walking into her husband's embrace.

"Hi Y/N, it's Scarlett. I'm really sorry for the way I left things with you and if I could turn back time and give you the answer you wanted to hear from me I would. I miss you everyday even though you were a constant pain in my ass." She chuckles lightly wiping her tears. "If I could I would say yes to you in a heartbeat. I'd give you all the love I never got to but now I never can. Don't annoy the other angels or devils too much." She kisses his cheek as everyone chuckles at the last line. 

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me. I can't cope without you Y/N, life isn't the same if you're not here." Hailee cries hysterically as she clings to his hand resting her forehead on his. "I know you wouldn't want me to stop singing so I will sing my heart out everyday in your memory, I promise. I love you Y/N/N." She walks over to Zendaya who hugs her as Jacob walks over to him.

"We just got you back Y/N and now we have to lose you all over again except this time you aren't coming back. I don't know how I'm meant to pick up a controller or watch our favourite movies without you man. It wasn't meant to be like this." Jacob cries as he hugs Tom.

"I can't wrap my head around the fact you're really gonna be gone. It feels like a nightmare to know I won't walk into class and see your smile or hear your laugh." Zendaya wipes her eyes. "Every time I smell a cigarette I will think of you and it will kill me knowing it isn't really you there. It is gonna take everything in me to be okay with you gone but I know you're up there watching over me, love you buddy." She walks back to Hailee hugging her. 

"It feels like I'm losing my brother and in a way I am because you are the one who believed in me when no one else did. You brought all of us together, you got Zendaya and I together. I will always be grateful for having the pleasure of knowing you and being your friend. You are one of a kind and the thought of never seeing you again hurts so bad." Tom takes a breath as tears roll down his face. "I love you brother, I'll keep them all safe just like you did for us." He hugs Jacob. 

"You are a stupid idiot for leaving us but as much as I want to hate you, I can't because I love you so much. I wish we could laugh and joke around one more time, I wish I cherished those moments more but I didn't and I'm sorry for that but I will now. I will cherish every memory dearly and when I get there I'm gonna kick your ass for leaving me. Love you Y/N/N." Florence wipes her eyes joining the group hug.

The nurse looks at them all before making eye contact with Robbie who nods. She takes the tube from his mouth, the machine beeping before flatlining a few minutes later. She turns off the heart monitor. 

She leaves them alone to gather themselves as they all cry. Scarlett walks over to him kissing his lips softly one last time resting her head on his chest as she held his hand. Everyone starts leaving.

"Come on Scar, he's gone."

"I know, I-"

She quickly sits up after hearing a thump from his chest looking at him as the others watch her confused.

"Y/N?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 2.4K 46
Y/n Nash is finally in their senior year of high school. They were popular and everyone had their eyes on her. No one was ever enough to hold a relat...
28.9K 1.7K 37
There's only one thing that annoys Dan Adams more than a cliché, and it's the fact that in the past few months his life has actually become one. Afte...
56.1K 2.1K 38
Y/N is just about to finish her second year of college when something happens that throws her off track completely. Over the summer, she tries to fi...
2.3M 78.9K 33
**THIS IS THE NEW COMPLETED VERSION OF CAMPUS CRUSH. GO TO MY PROFILE TO READ THE OLD VERSION** BOOK ONE in Campus Series Casper Niely is a shy bookw...