A Day In September - BTS Zomb...

By wethenaive

It was finally time for the earth to rid itself of the most toxic parasites to ever plague its soil: humans. ... More

WARNING ⚠️
Intro - Kuru ⚕
1. The Bright Bleak
2: Phoebe
3: Projection
4: Violet Bloom
5: Just Shy of Bratty
6: Rain
7: Stuck
8: Rotting Flesh
9: Gone
10: Raccoons
11: Until the Very End
12: Merry-Go-Round
13: Unpredictable
14: Admitting Failure
15: Playing it Cool
16: Delusional
17: Life Goes On
18: Dead to You
19: Muse
20. Lost
21: Crusade
22. Good Soup
23: Sixth Sense
24. The Woman, the Myth, the Legend
25: Judgement Day
26: Ugly Duckling
27: Poison Ivy
28: Butthurt
29: The Locals
30: Board Games
31: Eat My Sh-
32: Get Ugly
33: No Other Way
34: Peace Offering
35: Calm After the Storm
36: Off the Leash
37: Fog
38: Not Worth It
39: Monks on a Mission
40: Lovesick Drunk
41: Ab Intra
42: Lost in the Game
43: Close at Heart
44: Men at Work
45: The Catalyst
46: The Big Parade and the Nuances of Adulthood
47: Not Your Typical House Maid
48: Pushed Aside
49: Burn Book
50: Let It Burn
51: Racing Hearts
52: Stained Reputation
53: The One You Need
55: A Late Goodbye
56: Autumn Leaf
57: Last of Kin
58: Envy?
59: Polaroid
60 PT.1: Stranded
60 PT. 2: Lost at Sea
61: I Saw...Life

54: Vanished

179 16 62
By wethenaive

Mara woke up in the middle of a dream, vision blurry and still dazed, wishing for more sleep.  However, the ache in her back from having laid on it for far too long prompted her to roll over to her side. The girl did so extremely slowly, getting comfortable on the bed. The blanket over her and the duvet underneath cozily absorbed her body, her skin reveling upon laying on the cold side of the bed. The pillow was about as airy as a cloud, her head finding it hard to lift from something so plushy.

Mara noticed that the bed that had been previously vacant, was now inhabited. There was a silhouette just across from her, their backs towards her as they sat facing the window at the far back. She could make out the dark hair that glistened with the rays of a setting sun. Mara followed their line of vision, also watching the sky begin to darken. Their shoulders moved up and down slowly, their breathing relaxed. Mara doesn't remember what clothes Jin was wearing but she lazily assumed it to be him.

She didn't quite know how much longer she'd closed her eyes for sleep, but it beckoned her for some more.
Too sleepy to really ask any questions, and not really paying too much regard, Mara simply let her eyes close again. Her body melted into the bed, tranquillity spreading throughout her entire body.

The silhouette glanced back at Mara's sleeping form, curious eyes studying her features and the bags under her eyes. He stood from where he sat, taking slow steps towards her bedside. He peered down at her, glancing at the door, expecting someone to walk in. When nobody did, he raised a hand, letting it hover over Mara's face. He delicately brushed a strand of her hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. He covered her back up in the blanket and made sure she comfortably rested on her IV.

The door of the infirmary opened, revealing a slightly startled Jimin. The lad curiously stared at the other, raising a brow.

"Hey, Kook. What are you doing here?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook placed his hands behind his back, shrugging and rounding the bed. He brushed passed Jimin, exiting the infirmary and going up the stairs to his room. Jimin frowned, nonetheless entering the room to pay Mara a visit. She slept soundly, and at this he grinned happily, having heard the news of her finally waking from her week-long sleep.

"This will be your new home, Mara," Jimin whispered, "I promise."

Mara groaned, covering her eyes with a lazy arm as the rays of sun flooded the room. She smacked her lips, grimacing at the dryness of her mouth and the awful taste of morning breath. Mara's eyes creaked open, and she looked up at the ceiling groggily.

Moments from the night prior flashed in Mara's head, her eyes widening and her stomach dropping.

Something heavy weighed down on Mara's chest. She looked down, a head of black hair poking at her chin and making her freeze.

The girl tried to remember everything, but after Jungkook had revealed his past, everything else seemed quite fuzzy. It came to her in chaotic patches and she was left to put a puzzle with several missing pieces together. With a heart that was erratically beating, Mara began taking the blanket off of her and Jungkook, hoping to slide right under and escape his arms for a moment.

However, as she lifted the sheets, a rather invasive draft blew under the covers. Mara frowned, but soon her eyes grew wider and wider the more she uncovered a rather bare Jungkook sound asleep and clinging to her. She peered down at her own body, her bare skin glowing in the sun.

Mara frantically looked around the room, her soul momentarily leaving her body at the sight of her clothes and underwear littered around the room.

"Oh my God," Mara gasped.

This isn't happening.

Mara lifted the sheets again, just to make sure one last time that she wasn't seeing things. This second time, she saw just a little more, noticing the scratch marks running down Jungkook's back and the purple bruises scattered around his neck. He was, in all his undeniably beautiful glory, naked. And so was she, for that matter. She was just as bare as he was, and finally noticing this made the sensations of her warm body against his feel that much more real.

What do I do?

Mara panicked in her head, laying stiffly under Jungkook. She couldn't decide whether to wake him up or try to get dressed and leave before he woke up. For the life of her, she couldn't remember what had happened. Whatever they had talked about had lead to them taking their clothes off and...

Having sex.

We had sex. 

Holy fuck.

The girl wanted to laugh in disbelief, only managing a heavy sigh. It would be impossible to detangle herself from Jungkook without waking him up, but the sudden realization of their situation paired with the alcohol she had the night prior was stirring in her stomach in a not-so-pleasant way. A dull ache persisted at the mouth of her stomach, and the girl lightly groaned.

I'm gonna puke.

For her first time drinking, she did not do a good job at controlling herself. In fact, she did a terrible fucking job. She had done everything, actually, that you weren't supposed to do when you drank for the first time. And sure, she was an adult and everything was consensual but she would've at least loved to remember it. Now, the only thing she had as memorabilia of her first real time with a man was probably going to be puke.

For every next second she contemplating leaving, the pain was growing and the sick feeling only worsened.

We'll have to face it either way, so might as well start or else I'm going to puke all over Jungkook, and I cannot handle that embarrassment.

Mara took in a couple breaths to ease her stomach, beginning to unravel herself from the sheets and Jungkook's clingy limbs. He whined and groaned in protest, attempting to hold on to her. However, she moved his hands away and immediately stood from the bed, gathering her clothes and slipping them on as fast as possible before Jungkook woke up. She didn't bother putting on her bra or panties, too worried about throwing up to care. The girl covered her mouth, gagging and holding onto the wall for support.

I need to get out of here.

"Mara?"

The girl whirled her head around, staring back at a concerned Jungkook. He brushed back his bed hair, shifting around and hissing. With a hand to his face he flipped around, almost exposing himself in the process. This seemed to cause him to realize his nakedness, and he hurriedly covered himself with the comforter, eyes blown wide.

"Shit," He whispered, looking up at Mara and noticing her almost green complexion, "Hey are you okay-?"

Mara held up a finger, stopping him from talking, "I'll be back but," she stopped to gag, "I'm gonna go throw up."

Still dumbfounded, Jungkook watched her leave the room, the door closing behind her. Mara was out in the hall, rushing towards the stairs. She bumped straight into Taehyung, the last person she would've wanted to see her scurrying out of Jungkook's room. He eyed her oddly, but she couldn't spare him a word or a glance, rushing down the stairs and towards the front door. Jin and Namjoon, who were hanging out at the living room sofa were also quite concerned, noticing her bare feet with her hand clasped over her mouth. Mara burst through the front door, barely making it off the porch before the contents of yesterday's soup came pouring from her mouth. She threw up for a minute, gasping for air between each gag with a death grip clutched on the corner of the lodge.

"Holy shit, are you okay, angel?" Jin held back Mara's hair, worry in his soft eyes as he rubbed her back soothingly. Mara nodded, breathing hard as the vomiting came to a halt. She spit out the residue in her mouth, grimacing at the sight of the food splattered on the soil. Mara leaned back on the lodge, shaking her head and facepalming. This only warranted a headache, and the girl groaned in pain.

"Did yesterday's food not go down well?" Jin asked, rubbing her shoulders. Mara glanced at him, embarrassment flooding her cheeks in a tint of red.

God, you're too innocent, Mara thought. She sighed, opening her eyes to find a cup of water being extended towards her. Namjoon raised a brow, seemingly suspicious of her. Mara took the cup from his hand and took a sip, rinsing her mouth and spitting it out before taking a real drink. Her throat was raspy, the acid from earlier making it slightly uncomfortable to swallow.

Let's hope that's what I did yesterday.

At that vulgar thought, Mara choked on her water, scolded by Jin to take it easy.

"Don't drink too much or it's just gonna come back out," Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Alright, why the attitude?" Jin scoffed, narrowing his eyes at Namjoon. The leader shook his head, turning on his heels and walking away. Mara could tell that he knew, but the extent of his awareness was unknown to her, as was her recollection.

Mara headed back inside with Jin on her tail. He set out to make her some tea as the girl returned back upstairs, glancing down either side of the hall and knocking on Jungkook's door. It creaked open slightly, half of Jungkook's face peering back at her. He opened the door hesitantly, letting the girl slip in before locking it back up. Mara's eyes flitted to her underwear and bra, discarded on the floor mere feet away from her.

Why pick it up? He already saw me naked.

He did more than just see me naked.

At least I think.

Jungkook sat down at the edge of the bed, patting the spot next to him with a thin-lipped smile. He wore nothing but a pair of joggers, leaving his top half exposed. Mara plopped down on the bed, causing them both to bounce. The silence was deafening, but there was no sense of real discomfort, at least not for Mara. The thought of her and Jungkook being intimate made her feel some type of way, but she was unable to gauge how she truly felt when she didn't really remember.

"I hope you know this wasn't my intention when I brought the bottle," Jungkook muttered, glancing sheepishly at her. His cheeks were red, and he nervously ran his hands down his neck, delicately touching his hickeys. Mara looked over at him, noticing the purple marks she presumed she had made. Mara looked over to Jungkook's dresser, staring at the mirror. She didn't seem to have any marks on her neck, which served as a relief from the eyes of anyone else she bumped into that morning. Curiously, Mara peeked under her shirt, snorting when seeing that he hadn't left any hickeys on her neck, but had instead left a couple scattered over her chest.

Mara snorted again, catching Jungkook's attention.

"You okay?" He warily asked.

Mara giggled, turning to Jungkook with a spreading grin. His lips twitched up, his eyes slightly crinkling up.

"What?" He chuckled.

Mara let out a hearty laugh, leaning back to lay on his messy bed. She laughed and clutched her stomach, hearing Jungkook joining in. The two giggled as they laid on their backs, staring at each other with glinting eyes. There was no ounce of blame in Mara's expression, not a drop of regret or guilt for what they'd done. They were two young adults that had indulged in too much alcohol, and lust had won over reason.

Mara sighed heavily once the two settled down, a smile still present on her face, "We're just two people trying to figure things out. There's nothing to really explain," she shrugged. Jungkook studied her face, expression softening.

"Do you regret it?" She asked, nervous for the answer but understanding his hesitation.

Jungkook shook his head, "The only thing I regret is not remembering."

Mara blushed, "I wonder what we said to each other," she whispered, "I would love to hear it again."

Jungkook looked troubled, "I wish I could remember."

Mara sat up, and Jungkook followed, both curious. She couldn't look away, not when he looked so stunning with his hair tousled and his toned arms and chest exposed. He was glowing, and she couldn't help but kick herself for ever getting too drunk.

"Jungkook."

He smiled, "Yeah?"

Mara bit her lip, "I just hope that...I don't end up pregnant," she said, "Because I'm not ready. And I'm not too keen on bringing a child into this world," she shook her head, the smile fading from Jungkook's face. The gravity of what they'd done had suddenly hit Mara.

"I know we might've gotten carried away, and trust me, I don't regret it either," Mara struggled to find the words, "I love you, but a child is a big responsibility and-"

"You love me?"

Jungkook froze, wide gaze shifting between each of her eyes in disbelief. Mara paused, covering her mouth with her hand. She'd blurted something she couldn't take back—but did she want to take it back?

Do I love him?

Mara dropped her hand, frowning, "Y-,"

"Yah! Jungkook! Are you planning on staying inside all day?" Jimin exclaimed from the other side of the door, knocking on it as he spoke. Jungkook didn't even look in its direction, waving it off and drawing Mara's attention back to him by cupping her face. He looked desperately into her eyes, waiting for her answer.

"Do you love me?" He whispered.

Mara warmly smiled, "With all my heart."

Jungkook sighed in relief, touching their foreheads together and closing his eyes in bliss.

"I love you, too. More than I've ever loved anything, more than I've ever loved anyone," he said, biting his lip to tame the grin on his face. He couldn't, however, and out of pure happiness he pecked Mara's lips, then her cheeks, her forehead, her chin, her nose. He peppered kisses over the entirety of her face, overcome with joy at Mara's confession. Hearing the words come out of Jungkook's mouth also made Mara's heart explode into confetti. There were fireworks going off above them, or at least that's how it felt.

Mara giggled at his kisses and held him close, wishing for this moment to never end and for the world around them to go mute.

Jimin's voice rang out again, "I swear to God if you're asleep-"

"I'm awake. I'll be out there in a bit!" Jungkook yelled back, rolling his eyes but returning to Mara with an immediate grin, "I can't believe you love me."

"I can't believe you love me!" She whisper-yelled. The two incredulously laughed, and Jungkook nuzzled his nose against hers affectionately.

"I'm going to take care of you," he said, caressing her face, "And no matter what happens, just know you will always have me. Wherever you are, wherever you go," he rambled, "Whatever happens with us—to us."

Mara's smile trembled, and her eyes watered, "You'll always have me, too. For as long as you want me, for as long as you love me."

Jungkook stood from the bed, pulling her up by the hands. Mara curiously stood, immediately enveloped into an embrace. Jungkook held her tightly, lifting her up and spinning her around in his arms. Mara clung to him, joyfully basking in his love and affection. She wanted to laugh and cry at how happy she was. Mara genuinely loved him, and she could say that with pride. Not only that, but she could say he loved her back. She couldn't believe anyone was capable of loving her, not as strongly as Jungkook admitted he did.

"I'm glad we ended up naked in my bed," Jungkook teased, his voice muffled by her shoulder, "Even if we don't remember, it's okay," he pulled away, gazing admirably at her, "We've got many more memories to make together." 

Mara grinned, snickering, "You're a cheese ball and I love it."

"For you?" He pecked her cheek, "I'd be anything you asked me to be."

"No more drinking for a while," Mara stacked the eggs up to the brim of the basket, proceeding to make a pyramid out of the rest of the eggs. The chickens clucked without a worry, unbothered by Jungkook and Mara's presence. The girl eyed Jungkook, making sure he'd heard her. When she did, he smiled, nodding.

"Of course. Next time we'll have some sober fun," Jungkook winked, getting elbowed by Mara as she glanced around warily.

"Shh!" She hushed, "Let's...Let's not tell everyone we had sex-"

"I'd rather you say made love. It sounds more romantic than drunk, unholy, premarital sex," Jungkook replied, snickering when Mara simply blinked.

"I didn't say all that," she muttered.

Jungkook gave her cheek a kiss, "Let's just hope I pulled out."

"Jungkook-uhhh!" Mara whined, speedily walking away while balancing the basket of eggs. Jungkook jogged after her, his laugh contagious even to a sheepish, blushing Mara. The two dropped the eggs off inside, heading for the stables where Fro-Yo and Oreo patiently waited.

"I'm really excited for the fence we'll be making. I can't wait to see them roam freely," Mara marveled, affectionately petting Oreo and brushing his mane. Jungkook wasn't focused on the horses, his gaze glued to the side of Mara's face, drawn to her like a moth to a flame. She wasn't a flame to him, rather she was a warm light, one that never hurt to touch. She was pleasing to his eyes, and a rather gentle and welcoming persona.

"Mara?" he called out to her, her name sweet against his tongue. She hummed and he stepped closer just to hear her better. He could listen her talk for hours if it were up to him.

"When did you start...liking me?" He timidly asked. He shyly glanced at her, his finger tracing the grooves of the enclosure's wooden gate. Mara's lips slowly formed into a smile. She pursed her lips in a thoughtful expression.

"It was slow," Mara began, voice dulcet as she reminisced, "So gradual that I almost didn't realize it. I think I started liking you the first time we played board games in your room. And then when we got snowed in at that apartment complex in the city and I woke up snuggled next to you, that's when I realized. I tried not to make it so obvious," Mara peeked at Jungkook, "But I think I failed."

Jungkook sheepishly chuckled, "I thought I was seeing things," he mumbled, "And that you staring at me didn't mean you liked me."

Mara shied away, "I guess you kinda knew then? That's a little embarrassing," she sighed, "I was afraid to lose you, afraid I would ruin our friendship. I knew you could read me like a book, but I thought I could at least keep it to myself until I had a pretty good idea of what I felt. I didnt think I was adequate to be a woman you could ever love," Mara smiled, "When Haneul came around I was so jealous, but because she at first came off as this beautiful and warm woman, I thought I had for sure lost you to her," Mara admitted.

"You are the man of my dreams," Mara brightly reassured, "And I hope I can make you happy," she lightly laughed, "I am very territorial so I hope you don't mind."

"I don't," Jungkook scooched closer to Mara, holding her face in his hands and pressing his lips onto hers.

He kissed her with fervor, sighing contently. She melted in his arms, the giving her a sense of familiarity and tenderness. His lips were warm and soft, so inviting and irresistible. She wished she could freeze the world around them, just so she could make up for lost time. Jungkook pulled away slightly, looking deeply into her eyes and filled with adoration. She could stand there in his arms forever without a single care in the world.

"I'd rather die alone than be with someone other than you," Jungkook whispered, giving her another warm kiss, "Silly of you to think I would choose anyone else. You're mine," Jungkook softly spoke into her ear, "Okay?"

Mara nodded, "Always."

Jungkook looked relieved, "Do you know how long I've been hoping for you to love me back?"

Mara blinked, "How long?"

No way he liked me before I did.

Jungkook suddenly laughed, and Mara was concerned when his eyes suddenly glossed over. She caressed his cheeks and he nuzzled into her touch, "Mara, I've been waiting for you for quite a while."

Mara was puzzled, "What?"

A while? How long is a while?

Mara felt the butterflies in her stomach erupt into a coordinated, simultaneously chaotic dance. So all this time...

Jungkook's smile was filled with light, with joy and so much adoration that it was quite difficult for Mara to understand how someone could feel that way about...her.

"I know it's going to sound weird to say but I started to fall in love with you while you were in a coma," he confessed, "Jimin always told me stories about you, and I was stubborn so I pretended not to pay attention. In reality I was so skeptical about someone like you existing," Jungkook softly frowned, "While you were still unconscious, I would visit you every day, wondering when I'd get to see your eyes for the first time. When you woke up...I tried to play off the fact that I was scared to finally talk to you. You were shy and I was closed off, but I hoped one day you would let me hold your hand. Then I held it for the first time and it confirmed my feelings for you. Even just looking at you, I felt at ease. I felt safe. I never thought you would return these feelings, and for a while I believed you would only ever see me as a friend," Jungkook ended in a whisper, cupping Mara's face. He gave her lips one tender kiss before pulling away and resting his forehead on hers.

"It's been a long time coming, like you said," Jungkook chuckled, "And I hope you keep me with you forever."

Mara was silent for a second, and this prompted some embarrassment from Jungkook.

"Was that too much?" He timidly asked. Mara slowly shook her head, in deep thought.

"No," she whispered, "I just never thought I'd receive love from anyone."

"It's a good thing you met me, then," Jungkook reassured, grinning, "So no more overthinking us."

"No more overthinking us," Mara repeated confidently.

"It's hot today," Jin mentioned, eyeing Jungkook's clothes, "Why the turtleneck? You're not hot?"

"Nah," Jungkook retorted.

Mara nervously sipped broth, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Mara herself had worn a regular long sleeve, still subject to some of the cold breezes that swept by occasionally. Mara wasn't too good at being nonchalant when she had to be, but Jungkook was extremely good at hiding his emotions; maybe that's why I had no idea he liked me.

"By the way," Jin raised a skeptical brow, "There's now two bottles of wine missing. Which one of you hooligans drank the other one?!" He exclaimed. Mara's eyes widened, but she looked around as if innocent.

Namjoon was unimpressed, staring directly at the girl, "It was Mara," he tattled.

Mara dramatically gasped, expression full of betrayal, "Me?!"

The leader gave her a look, and Hoseok snorted, prompting a glance from Namjoon. Mara and Jungkook gave Hoseok a discrete glare, both annoyed by his inability to just not.

"It was me," Jungkook rolled his eyes, "I drank it. I'm the hooligan."

"I didn't see you throwing up?" Namjoon scoffed, not buying it for a second, "If you're saying you drank the whole bottle."

"That's because I have a higher alcohol tolerance than her-"

"So the both of you drank it?!" Jin incredulously asked. Jungkook grimaced, hissing and turning to Mara.

"I fucked up," he said to her.

Jin shook his head, nostrils flared in almost fatherly anger. Mara and Jungkook stared at one another, suddenly looking away and trying not to smile. Namjoon eyed the two of them oddly, sitting back into his chair and sighing. Taehyung and Jimin shared a look, unable to stop themselves from snickering.

"Oi! What's funny?" Jungkook challenged, sassily raising a brow. This only made the two laugh harder. Mara felt anxiety swirl in her stomach at the thought of Taehyung and Jimin knowing what happened the night prior.

"You know what would also be funny?" Jungkook proposed, "My foot up your ass," he said, matter-of-factly.

"I'd love to see you try, fucking noodle," Taehyung mocked.

"Me? Noodle?!" Jungkook pointed to himself, scoffing, "I'm stronger than you," Jungkook scrunched his nose, "I'm better than you."

"Sure," Taehyung smirked, turning to Jin, "Hey Jin, weren't you scolding him?"

Jungkook crossed his arms, and Jin's flared nostrils were back, "You bet your ass I was," he said, pointing to the young ones, "You two aren't supposed to be fucking around with alcohol so much that you get sick!"

"It was a one time thing!" Jungkook groaned, "If Hoseok gets to do it, then so do we!"

Hoseok gulped down his food, glancing at Mara at the same time she did. He made awkward eye contact while she smiled warmly, both knowing the reason behind the sudden look. Hoseok had yet to ask Mara what they had talked about that day, but she figured that he would refrain from doing so out of embarrassment.

It was a touchy subject, I get it.

"You bitch," Hoseok muttered at Jungkook.

Jin shook his head, "So you were the first hooligan?" Jin asked, clicking his tongue, "I'm putting those away for good-"

"What?! But it's our turn now!" Jimin whined, playfully glaring at Mara, "See what you guys did?l

Mara poked her tongue out at Jimin, and he narrowed his eyes at her with a widening grin, "I hate you," he teased.

"Right back at ya, shawty," she blew a kiss.

Taehyung threw up his hands slightly, deflating, "Right in front of my soup?" He grumbled. Instead of throwing a kiss at him with an open hand, Mara kissed the tip of her middle finger, sending it to him with the birdie.

"Hilarious," Taehyung deadpanned.

"Namjoon, you're locking those bottles up with the guns," Jin's snapped, taking a grudging bite of his soup. Namjoon rolled his eyes, but grunted in agreement.

"Yeah yeah-"

"Namjoon."

Everyone's heads turned in the direction of Yoongi, who stood anxiously before everyone, brows pulled up in concern. He looked to be out of breath after jogging from inside. Namjoon noticed his apprehension and sat up, immediately focused on Yoongi.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

Yoongi gulped, "Owen radioed in just a minute ago. He asked if Sam, Haneul and Kai had taken off yet. I told them they left two days ago," he hesitated, "Owen says they haven't returned yet. All that got back to camp was the horses and an empty wagon."

The mood went from lighthearted to somber, and Namjoon's scowl deepened, "I don't know how to help them. They never said anything about making pit stops. It was a straight shot from here," Namjoon said, "Tell them that's all we know."

Yoongi nodded, "Okay."

Mara worriedly sat back into her chair, rather concerned for the three of them, regardless of how things were left off. She didn't wish anyone death, and she believed she had gotten her revenge on Haneul. There was nothing else to do except dismiss them out of their camp.

"Sam is closer to Hyunjae than I ever was," Hoseok muttered, "He's going to be pissed if something happened to him."

"I'm sure they're fine. We can't do anything about it," Namjoon sternly said.

"They didn't even have radios, how were they supposed to communicate if they got lost?" Jin ridiculed, "That's on Hyunjae—no offense Hoseok."

"Oh trust me, none taken," Hoseok rolled his eyes.

"If we see anything, we'll let them know, but without any leads, there's no way we're going out there to chase dead trails," Namjoon refused, "Maybe they took a break for the day or decided to stop by somewhere," he gesticulated, "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's nothing serious."

"Lets just hope you're right," Jin warily muttered, "Because it would look very bad on our part if they disappeared coincidentally after everything with Mara happened; after we kicked them out."

"Well, it's a good thing their disappearance has nothing to do with us, right?" Jungkook defensively spoke, "Our issue with them was resolved and they were headed home. Whatever happened to them once they stepped foot out is not our fault," he stated. Jin slowly nodded, but he still appeared quite on edge.

"If Haneul is found and she decides to fuck us over just because she hates Mara, it's going to be our word against her's," Taehyung interjected, "And then it's a matter of believing his own people or his brother," he shrugged. Everyone turned to Hoseok, who was stuck in a daze. At the sudden head turns, he snapped out of it, scowling.

"My relationship with him isn't the greatest, but he is still family. He knows I wouldn't make shit up," Hoseok grumbled.

"I'm sure Haneul has better things to worry about than Mara," Namjoon remarked, "Unless she's..." he trailed off, pursing his lips.

"Lets not assume they're dead," Mara sighed.

"Think good and happy thoughts, everyone," Taehyung sarcastically crossed his fingers. Jimin shook his head in disapproval of Taehyung's cynicism but said nothing.

The door to Mara's room creaked open. Jungkook entered and leaned against it, a smirk on his face as Mara slowly covered herself with her comforter. Jungkook locked the door, suddenly running towards her bed and jumping on it. The two let out muffled giggles as Jungkook wrestled Mara for a cuddle, and the girl's body writhing from his ticklish touch.

"What are you doing in here?" She whispered, still grinning after Jungkook won the battle. He snuggled into her, sighing contently.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He retorted.

"Okay, smartass," Mara pinched his bum, laughing when he let out a yelp.

"We slept on my bed yesterday so now it's my turn," Jungkook cheekily claimed. Mara couldn't say no to him, nor would she. With every doubt out of the way, there was no hesitation in letting Jungkook invade every part of her life. She was willing to make room for him everywhere she went, in every little nook and cranny of her heart he set to take over. Mara was just glad that he belonged to her; only her.

Mara raised the comforter, welcoming Jungkook under and tucking him in. He hummed gratefully and nuzzled in closer, "Don't worry about the pillows, I got a good set under me right now."

Mara gasped, lightly smacking his arm at the risqué quip. Just thinking about their intimacy made her face feel hot and her gonads tingle.

Jungkook cackled at her expense, but she let it slide.

"Can I just sleep here with you every day?" Jungkook mumbled. He stared up at Mara with doe eyes, and like Mara said she would, she caved right in.

"Of course," she kissed his forehead, "That's what friends are for," she teased.

Jungkook was not amused.

"What the fuck, did you just friendzone me?"

Mara stifled a laugh, "No worries, bro, it's all good."

"I'm leaving," Jungkook deadpanned, pulled back to Mara as he tried to escape her now tight grasp.

"You're stuck with me, remember? Together forever," Mara singsonged, and Jungkook rolled his eyes despite the obvious grin on his face.

"Together forever..." Jungkook whispered,

"That sounds good to me."

—-

Double update.
The bottle that started it all!!!
What do you guys think it was? Pink moscato? Chardonnay?

I'm close to 7k, and that's exciting :)

-Wethenaive

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 10.9K 56
BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to be fit, strong and have strong teamwork i...
26.7K 881 56
COMPLETED [currently rewriting] When the world goes to shit, its brings the most unexpected groups of people together What happens when polar opposit...
84.7K 3K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
16K 1.1K 21
The world is falling apart. Is it disease? Aliens? Zombies? The Government? The 7 members of BTS can't explain why everything, and everyone around t...