Heroes and Villains Never go...

By imintoidiotcowboys

Jedediah hates the city's hero, but Octavius thinks he's not so bad for someone trying to do good. Octavius d... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
cronchy leaves
chapter 7
chapter 8
Dreams and Nightmares
chapter 9
Halloween special part 1
Halloween special part 2
Chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Pre- Christmas chapter
Christmas chapter
New Year's special chapter
chapter 16
Reassurance
Like Father, Like Daughter
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26

Chapter 20

34 2 0
By imintoidiotcowboys

It has been weeks since the encounter between Octavius and the three villains, he's being kept safe under the watchful eyes of the cops. His father spoiled him for the past couple of weeks, as well as acting overprotective of his son.

The media had already made this into a new story, they blurred Octavius’ face as well as keeping him under a different name to avoid any further problems with other citizens. His friends knew what had happened, and they promised to keep quiet about this situation.

Everything changed since that night, his friends had been extra cautious whenever they went out together, Sacajawea worried about him non-stop like a worried mother. His father said to him to call whenever he'll be coming home late. Larry had been checking up on him like a worried dad, Teddy was visiting the library from time to time. Ahkmenrah went out of his dorm to see him, Attila gave him lots of gifts and checking on him for some reason.

But he had noticed that Jedediah changed as well, Octavius noticed that the blonde had been trying to push Octavius away. But Octavius didn't give up on trying to still hang out with Jedediah even though the blonde had been distant.

Today, he wanted to ask Jed if he wanted to go out with him for lunch break. He had noticed that the blonde was making up excuses just to not hang out with him and this deeply saddened Octavius, and Sacajawea noticed this.

“Are you gonna ask him out for lunch again?” the woman asked, Octavius nodded “Yes, I'm not gonna give up on this.” he said with determination, his eyes were filled with courage as he started to walk towards his friend.

“Jedediah.” he tapped on the Texan's shoulder, Jedediah turned his head to him and his eyes widened in surprise “Oh! Octavius, howdy..” he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

“I was just wondering if you wanted to join me out for lunch?” the brunette asked, as he leaned closer to Jedediah with his fist clenched together in an excited manner. Jed blushed, slightly backing away “Oh-- well I'm sorry pardner, my older brother already made me packed lunch so not today..”

Octavius felt a sudden wave of sadness fall over him, as he backed away “Oh! Don't worry, that's fine maybe next time.” he tried not to frown, the brunette smiled to hide away his sadness. “Uh yeah, sorry Octy..” Octavius smiles once more “It's no big deal! Don't worry.”

Octavius starts to walk past Jedediah as his smile fades and a frown settles on his face. He opens the library doors and walks through them, before closing them shut.

––––

Jedediah didn't like the fact that he was avoiding Octavius, it hurt him so much but he needed to do this in order to protect him and avoid his friend getting hurt again.

The blonde just stared at the doors, having second thoughts on either staying or going with Octavius. Suddenly, he felt someone tap on his shoulder, he turned his head and saw Sacajawea.

She looked a little more tired these days, I guess if you're now pregnant for five months these things happen to you. Jed whispered a smile “Hi Sac, may I help ya?” the lady shakes her head. “I've been noticing that you and Octavius haven't been spending much time together. Is there something wrong?” she asked.

Jedediah clenched his fist as he shakes his head “Naw! Nothing's wrong.” he lied, Sacajawea knew that this was a lie and ached her eyebrow, giving him a suspicious look “Jedediah, you're lying.”

Jed felt himself being hit with a wave of guilt, as he looks down to the ground “I don't know anymore, I feel like bad things happen to Octavius whenever he gets involved with me..”

Sacajawea furrows her eyebrows “What do you mean– is there something I don't know about?” Jedediah tried to control his expression, trying not to make it obvious he was hiding a much more worse secret. “No it's just, I...I don't know anymore..”

He sighed, crossing his arms as he relaxed his back on the wall “I feel like Octavius got into trouble with those villains since I wasn't keeping an eye on him that night. I blame myself for letting him walk alone, in a dangerous city like this.”

Sacajawea sighed and folded her arms “You know it's not your fault right?” she said.

Jedediah shrugged “I just feel like it these days..” he muttered. Sacajawea couldn't help but groan “You didn't knew that was gonna happen, none of us did. You shouldn't beat yourself up with something that's not your fault. It's not good for you.” she smiled softly.

“Try to talk with Octavius, it might do you good. Also, everyone hates seeing you two not act all mushy when you're around each other.” she said, as she started to walked away. Jedediah turned his head to look at his friend, the last thing that Sacajawea said was replaying in his mind like a broken record “What does she mean??”

––––
The birds chirped as the sun started to set, the wind blew away the leaves that have now fallen to the ground. Not that much people were at the park today, so it was a bit quiet. The only people who you'll see in the park at this hour are either people taking in some fresh air, or dog owners still walking their dog.

Jedediah sighed, he was sitting by the benches in the park. Earlier, Octavius asked him if he wanted to walk home with him again to where Jedediah awkwardly said no and now here he is, all alone in the park, watching the sunset by himself.

“Oh, is that you Jedediah?” he heard a young man's voice call out to him, Jed turns his head to see who it was, it was Ahkmenrah standing with a joyful look on his face as he waved while walking up to him. The young man wore a dark green hoodie and a pair of jeans, and a pair of boots as well.

“Oh! Hey Ahk, what brings you here?” the blonde asked, scooting away for Ahkmenrah to sit next to him on the bench. The Egyptian sheepishly smiles “I have to leave my dorm from time to time you know..” he scratched the back of his neck.

“Anyways, I heard you and Octavius got into an argument?” the young man asked, his eyes full of curiosity. Jedediah furrowed his eyebrows “We didn't get into a fight, who told you that?” his voice sounding stern.

“Well, I was talking with Sacajawea the other day and she told me that you two weren't talking. So I thought you two had a fight.” the young man assumed, Jedediah chuckled awkwardly “Naw, we ain't fighting or anything. It's far from that..”, he frowned.

Ahkmenrah relaxed on the bench, “Well, why aren't you two talking?” he asked. Jedediah looked the other way, “It's complicated..” he muttered.

They stay silent for a while, before Ahkmenrah tsked “Whatever the problem is, you're gonna have to talk it out. There's no point in not talking to one another if you always see each other at work.”

Jedediah just sighed and shrugged “I don't know..I wanna talk to ‘im but..” he trailed. The younger man perked his eyebrow up with great interest “Buut?...”

The blonde looked up to the sky, his face rested, although the feeling inside of him didn't feel at ease “But it's a bit complicated...”

Ahkmenrah hummed to himself, “You should still try, you'll never know, something good might come when you and him talk to one another.” Jedediah nodded, who knew that someone like Ahkmenrah was good at giving advice even though the Egyptian was three years younger than him.

“Yeah you're right. I'll talk to ‘im tomorrow!” the blonde said, as he stood up from the bench. Ahkmenrah stood up as well and smiled, “Thanks Ahk” Jed smiled genuinely as he turned to face the young man. The Egyptian only chuckled “It's no problem my dear friend, as long as you and Octavius talk then that's already good with me.”

A few moments passed and Ahkmenrah's eyes turn dark as his previously cheerful and bright smile turns into a frown. “But if you ever do something to hurt my friend's feelings, I don't think I'll approach you in a friendly way again.”

Jedediah opens his mouth in utter shock, before Ahkmenrah starts giggling “That was a joke! I promise...” Jedediah forcefully chuckled, “Nice one haha..” he mumbled and Ahkmenrah looked at him with a cheeky smile on his face, “Too much?” Jedediah reluctantly nodded.

“Oh, sorry..” he smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. “Anyways, I'll go now. Goodbye Jedediah, goodluck with Octavius!” he waved goodbye, and so did Jedediah. The two of them started to walk away in different directions.

––––

“Jedediah!” Octavius called out, it was already home time and he saw the blonde standing by the sidewalk, seemingly waiting for something. It gave Octavius hope that his friend might talk to him again.

“Hey Octy! C'mon let's go walk home together.” the Texan said, as he smiled brightly. It made Octavius feel a blooming feeling in his chest, something about seeing this tall blonde man smile made his heart skip a beat for some reason.

“Ocky? You alright there pardner?” his attention turns to Jedediah who was still waiting for him with an expecting look on his face. “Yes! Don't worry, I just have to lock the library doors..”

After a few moments, Octavius walks over to Jedediah and smiles “I missed this...” he looks at Jedediah and the both of them smile as they start walking.

“Hey Jedediah...Can I ask you why you were avoiding me these past few weeks?” Octavius looked at his friend and saw Jedediah's smile slightly frown. “If you're comfortable telling me, but if you don't want to talk about it then it's fine.” Octavius assured.

Jedediah shook his head and sighed “No..you deserve an explanation.” Jedediah took the brunette's hand and held it tight whilst they walked to the park “I'm sorry, I just blame myself for what happened to ya..I didn't want that to happen to you again so I thought avoiding ya would be better..”

Octavius listened carefully, as him and Jedediah were now walking through the entrance of the park “I'm sorry, I didn't think of you're feelings that time an’ I made a real stupid decision..” the blonde averted the brunette's gaze.

“Jedediah. It's alright, thank you for telling me. And you shouldn't blame yourself for what happened. It wasn't your fault or anything.” he smiled as him and Jedediah looked at one another. They walked through the quiet park and sat on a nearby bench.

“I can't help but feel like it's my fault. I wasn't with you that time an’ I bet it could've all been avoiding if I was with ya!..” Jed exclaimed, as they sat on a nearby bench “Why? Was it your fault that they took me by surprise?” Octavius ached an eyebrow out of curiosity.

Jedediah hesitated but he shook his head, “I... I'm sorry, that's all I can say right now..” Octavius sighed and smiled. He took both Jedediah's hands and held them close to him as they look at each other's eyes “Jedediah, you have nothing to be sorry about. It's alright.”

The blonde pauses, as he sadly looked at Octavius before smiling, tears start forming in the corners of his eyes “I'm sorry, for pushing you away. I know you don't want people to leave, yet I tried to leave my best friend alone..”

Octavius slightly frowned, as he reached up his hand to Jedediah's eyes and wiped away the tears “It's going to be alright. I'm never going away even if you push me away.” they smile, as they rest their backs on the bench, finally being able to relax.

“Tavi, let's stay like this forever ..” Jedediah mumbled, as he rested his head onto Octavius’ shoulder. The Italian chuckled “Haha! Jedediah!”

They eventually fall into a comfortable silence, the both of them sat on the bench for a little while, enjoying the view of the sunset together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 143 3
⚠️ Copyright © 2021 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...
1.3K 105 14
Human AU! Octavius and Jedediah were the best of friends and the power couple. Nothing could separate them, not even Jed's horrible ex-boyfriend. We...
7.1K 243 31
Jedediah was acting strange. Octavius was determined to figure out why, but it was like his best friend (and possible crush) was avoiding him. Jed wo...
65.2K 1K 50
WARNING! FIRST FANFICTION! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! WARNING WRITTEN IN 2020: Look, I think I was thirteen or twelve kay! I can't go through comment ev...