chapter 7

As they enter the restaurant, they see chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, illuminating light in every corner. Windows with large drapes, there were a lot of people here and Jedediah wasn't sure if he'll be alright. The blonde starts sweating whilst also breathing unevenly.

Octavius notices how Jed starts acting nervously and checks up on him “Diah, is something bothering you?” the blonde frowns “I ain't the best with crowds or anything, not sure if I'll be alright..”

Octavius looks around, the host is still leading them to where the others are “We'll be there after a few minutes, what usually helps you to calm down?” before Octavius can continue, Jedediah holds onto the sleeve of his suit.

“Sorry, I cling onto the one's I'm comfortable with..” the brunette only smiles “It's alright, as long as you're doing okay, I don't mind.”

After a few more minutes, the host leads them to a private room in the restaurant, where you can dine with the people you've invited, no noise or people gazing at you.

There Octavius sees Teddy in a khaki suit, standing by the doorway, waiting for them.

Teddy spots them and a jolly smile was automatically seen “There you are! We've been waiting for you.” the host leaves and Teddy thanks him.

“Octavius! Great to see you again dear friend, and is this the friendly Jedediah I've been hearing about?” Theodore asked, looking at Jedediah in a friendly manner. The Texan smiled sheepishly “Uh yeah, name's Jedediah Smith or Jed for short. Nice meeting you sir.”

“Nice meeting you Jedediah! I'm sure you've already heard of me but just in case, Theodore Roosevelt. Pleasure to meet you boy.” Teddy says in a chuckle “Teddy, is Octavius and Jedediah here yet?” a soft voice called out, it was revealed to be Sacajawea, she walks out of the room to check on her husband wearing a mocha colored blouson dress.

“Oh, there you two are.” she smiles and waves at them and they wave back “Please, come in you two, everyone's waiting for you.” Wea ushers them inside the room and they follow.

As they step inside the private dining room, they see Larry and his son Nicky both in denim blue suits, and there was Attila who was wearing a tea green suit.

“Dad, uncle Octavius is here!” Nicky said before standing up and running to Octavius to give the brunette a hug.

“Woah! Hello Nicky, I've seen you've been growing.” Octavius chuckles, the little boy giggles in response before looking curiously at Jedediah “And who are you?”

Jedediah waves awkwardly and sheepishly smiles “My name's Jedediah Smith..”

Nicky smiles as well, a cheerful smile.

“Hello Jedediah, we've heard of you. I'm Larry Daley, and this is my son Nicholas Daley or Nick.” the man in the denim blue suit introduces himself and his son.

“And this is Attila, he doesn't talk much since he's still learning to speak in English, but he's a very nice person.” Sacajawea said, introducing Attila to Jed. Attila waves and so does the Texan “Nice to meet you Attila.”

Octavius turns to Teddy, Nicky still hugging onto him, “Teddy, Where is Ahkmenrah?” he whispered, Teddy puts on an uneasy expression “Well, he said he's gonna be a bit late since he's uh--” Teddy doesn't finish nor does he want to finish his statement.

Nicky continues for the older man “Ahk is bringing his older brother, Kahmunrah.” he said in a loud but sorrowful way.

Everyone falls silent, even Jedediah.

The blonde starts breathing hysterically, fidgeting his suit “Jed, is there something wrong?” Octavius asks, Nicky let's go of him and this let's the brunette walk up to his friend.