His Demand

By shyliekitten

I stumbled into his office looking for a job that would get me out of my home town. Instead I stumbled into h... More

Author's Note
.Photos.
.1.
.2.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.

.3.

4 0 0
By shyliekitten

The Meeting

Today I was exactly on time I was getting in the hang of my new routine with being at work so early in the morning and having to drive. I waked into the main lobby and I waved at Quinn. "Good morning!" I said cheerfully and she smiled back at me handing me some papers. "Good morning! Mr. Hark is in his office would you mind giving him these?" I nodded taking the papers and walking back to my desk. I set my thinks down and I logged onto my computer. Instantly my email being flooded with appointments and people trying to get a chance to speak with Mr. Hark.

I clocked in then I looked at the papers that Quinn handed me. Mr. Hark had apparently sent some money to a new new project for a orphanage to have a brand new park on their grounds. They were asking for $5,000 more dollars for the project. I stood and I knocked on his office door. "Come in." I asked into his office and he was leaning back on the from of his desk and he looked exactly like he did in my dream. I stared at him for a moment trying to compose myself from my dirty thoughts. "Miss Cooper can I help you? He asked calmly staring at me for a moment.

"I'm sorry to bother you I just have to drop these off for you." I reach out the papers for him and he grabbed them from me looking them over for a moment. He walked around his desk and I turned on my heel to leave quietly. "You can stay." I turned to face hi once more and he was standing behind his desk eyes tied to the paper in front of him. "Excuse me?" I asked him and he still didn't look at me he began writing on the papers I handed him. "You can stay I might need you to take these papers na write up a email back to these people. " 

I walked to the front of his desk and I sat down in one of the leather seats. I crossed my legs regretting the decision to wear a skirt today. Mr. Hark also took my skirt length into consideration by king one glance at me. "Have you looked at the company dress code?" He asked me and I swallowed hard in my throat. "Yes I have I believe I am dress in proper business attire." He hold out the papers to me looking up to meet my eyes. 

"Skirt lengths are suppose to be no more than 2 inches above the knees. Anything shorter can be considered distracting to the other workers." Before I could even think I blurted out. "Are you distracted?" My heart dropped into my stomach as I went down the tallest hill on this roller coaster. He stared at me for a moment the corner of his mouth threatening to turn upwards. "I'm going to ignore that foolish comment. You're lucky I don't send you right back home to change into something less distracting."

I crossed my legs a little tighter trying to hide my discomfort between my legs but the squeaky leather chair did not help me mask my discomfort. "I need you to write me a email back to this orphanage telling them that they will receive the $5,000 by the end of the day via their LLC bank account. " He said and I nodded not saying a word my hot cheeks I know already gave away my secret. I quickly stood up and walk out his office adjusting my skirt down to try and recover some length on the bottom. 

I sat down at my desk a bit embarrassed from our last interaction. I have to get it together I can't be having wet dreams about the asshole that is my boss. I know practically nothing about him and I can't go making up fantasies now. I wrote out a email to the orphanage about the check being on it's way then I answered a few phone calls. Mr. Hark came out of is office with a notebook, his laptop, and a pen in his hand.

"Miss Cooper will you sit in on this next meeting and take notes for me?" He asked me and I nodded politely not speaking as I gathered a pen and some paper myself. "Use your words." He said in a low tone that only we could hear I stared at him for a moment like a deer caught in headlights. "Yes sir I will." He nodded once. "Good." He mumbled to himself as we began to walk down the hall to what I assume is the conference room. "I'm meeting with one of my partners in his business. He just sold a share for $40,000 instead of the very realistic bid of $100,000 which is what I had them appraise." 

I thought back to yesterdays conversation I heard on the phone. Some guy named Shawn was going to get fired or something alone those lines. We walked into the conference room and there were about 12 chairs on either side of the long table but only 7 of those seats were filled with other business men. There was a tv hanging on the wall in the grey room that displayed quotes and phones of the business. 

"Good morning gentlemen." Mr. Hark said to everyone as he took a seat at the head of the table. I sat as the other end of the table hoping to not to be seen by anyone. "Everyone this is my receptionist Miss Cooper she will be taking notes on the matter." Everyone looked at me just great. "Hello." I said quietly as I readied myself to take notes. They began by talking about the other investors and their thoughts on the matter about selling the share. Shawn who I recognized as a very young man who was ditzy with his words and very immature with his body language. 

I had made a whole page of notes when the room fell silent. Mr. Hark is sitting back in his chair his chin resting on his hand that was propped up. "Miss Cooper your thoughts?" He asked me and I looked at him my eyes asking if he was serious. "I don't see how her opinion on the matter would make any difference Hark." One of the men pipped up and Mr. Hark looked him with a cold glare. "Miss Cooper has a degree in business and has all the qualifications to speak her opinion on the matter." Mr. Hark barked back putting the other man in his place. When Mr. Hark's gaze settled on me I gathered my thoughts quickly.

"I think it was a risky move for a up and coming business. Selling under makes a loss of a $60,000 to a business worth $200,000 meaning that...." I thought for a moment doing the math. "Meaning you've lost about 30% of the worst of the business which also makes it harder to sell to someone who would be interested. You've made the other partner now pay more into the business to make up for it and if they sell the shared they must sell high then appraised to recover what was lost." I took a deep breath trying to let my breath catch up with my words. 

The men stared at me for a moment quite shocked by my answer and my quick math. Mr. Hark Sat their with a evil grin on his lips he knew he won. He was very pleased with my answer and I could tell I had impressed him at least slightly as well. "That being said... Shawn I'm selling my share for $150,000 and I suggest if you would like to continue Washington Corp. You better find a new investor who is foolish enough to gamble his profits away." Mr. Hark signed 3 papers then handed the paper to him. "I expect a check by tomorrow morning." Shawn's jaw dropped as he read through the papers. I knew well enough that the man practically lost his business and all his funding to continue. 

Mr. Hark stood and looked amongst the room. "Thank you for your time. Miss Cooper?" He said his goodbyes then addressed me as we left the conference room. Mr. Hark had a large grin on his face as we walked back towards his office. "You have surprised me Miss Cooper you intelligence on the matter is truly shocking. I can tell you've done your time at WU." He said and I concealed my smiled as I made a comment I've been wanting too since he told of that man in the conference room. "Well thank you from someone who has no qualifications to work the job."

His head snapped to me and his grin turned into a flat line. "You truly have a mouth now don't you?" I rounded my desk and I took my seat putting the notes I wrote on the desk. "I don't speak as ill mannered as you if that's what you mean." He stopped for a moment his hand on his door knob. His eyes shot holes to my head I know I was poking the bear but he deserved it. If no one was going to put him in his place because of their job stability I'll do the work for them. 

"Defiant is what you are." He mumbled to himself before walking into his office. I smiled to myself in my lonesome feeling a mini win as well. I scanned in the notes I wrote and I emailed them to Mr. Hark.

To: k.harkinvestment@gmail.com

From: d.cooperinvestment@gmail.com

Subject: Notes from meeting

Here's the notes I took for you.

Link attached

To: d.cooperinvestment@gmail.com

From k.hark investment@gmail.com

Subject: Sleeping on the job

Thank you for taking the notes. It's nice to know you were working and not just sleeping.

To: k.harkinvestment@gmail.com

From: d.cooperinvestment@gmail.com

Subject: Sleeping?

Listening with my eyes closed is still working despite your jealousy of my beauty sleep.

To: d.cooperinvestment@gmail.com

From k.hark investment@gmail.com

Subject: Beauty Sleep

If beauty sleep is what you call it...

I smirked at his email it was refreshing to have him be playful with me for once. But I decide to take his advice anyways and finish some work. Got a fax in of a confirmation of the $150,000 that was transfer into Mr. Harks account. I knocked on the door to his office and he shot up sitting up politely. "Miss Cooper?" He seemed a little startled. I approached him and I handed him the papers. "Here's that confirmation from the meeting this morning." I said and he nodded his head reading over the paper. That when I was able to get a close look this he was uncomfortable. "Are you okay?" I asked him and he nodded." Yes you may leave now."I nodded and I left the room again. 

I questioned myself about his sudden awkwardness and why he was so jumpy. I finished my work for the day and when 5pm came around I didn't see Mr. Hark again. So I made my way home anyways. When I walked in Salem was meowing begging for food. So I fed him then sat on my couch for 2 seconds before I got a call from Ari. "Hey girl have you already made it home?" She asked and I sighed rolling my head back on the couch. "Yeah I'm swamped it's been a long day Ari." 

"Ha! Well I'm happy you're enjoying your new job! How is the new boss?" She asked me and I shrugged my shoulders knowing she couldn't see me. "Confusing one moment we seem to be growing closer then next he's a total asshole." I said and ohs laughed at me. "Sounds like a man that's why I don't date em'" We both giggled at each other. "Thanks for the encouragement Ari. How is work going?" I asked her as well and she groaned. "Oh you know me just dealing with these DAMN ALCOHOLICS!" I could tell she was talking to someone else as well on the phone. 

"I swear these day drinkers are getting worse by the day- HEY! I gotta go Dani-" She hung up on me before I could say bye. I threw my phone on the couch beside me and I relaxed into my evening until I fell asleep on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 211 29
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
4.3K 92 25
On his death bed my father had one wish, or two in my perspective. First that i try to live a peaceful life, one he couldn't ever dream of. Second t...
4.6M 139K 88
He strides closer, his eyes focused intently on me. I stumble backwards, feeling the cold wall press against my back. He stops inches away from me, f...
56.4K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...