The Book of Life (Manolo x Re...

By -TheLittleWriter-

In the quiet town of San Angel, Manolo, Y/n, and Joaquin who have been friends ever since childhood are force... More

Quick Things (A/N)
The Wager
Blessings and Medals Part 1
Blessings and Medals Part 2
Manolo's First Bull Fight
Some Weeks Later
With Y/n Gone
Father/Son Talk
Pre-Show Talks
Her Arrival
La Corrida
Belonging
Welcome Party
Pig's Company
Terrible Songs
Kiss?
Proposal
Los Bandidos
Talks and Preparations
Sunrise Kiss? Part 1
Sunrise Kiss? Part 2
La Tierra de los Recordados
Family History/Reunions
Mamá?
To La Muerte
She Awakens
Roadtrip
The Labyrinth
Life and Death
New Wager?
The Task
Battle on Both Sides
The Battle Continues
San Angel's Battle
The Bell
Wedding Bells

Candle Man

1.1K 32 0
By -TheLittleWriter-

(POV:Writer(Me))

All three walked through the tunnel. It was dark and full of fog giving it an eerie look. Pointy rocks surrounded them and a faint water dripping sound was echoed through the cave.

-"This is the cave of souls?" Luis asked sarcastically.

-"Shh! Grandpa! Show some respect!" Manolo whispered to him.

-"That...Was...Awesome, Man!" a golden glow circled around them until a white bearded golden man stood in front of them.

-"Look, the giant boulders were like, boom, boom, boom!" 

-"And then, you were like, zoom, woosh, zoom"

-"And then the cave guardian, he came like 'I'm gonna judge you with this giant sword'..." he acted out the scene as he spoke.

-"Um, excuse me, sir?" Manolo tried to interrupt but was interrupted.

-"And then you-you...got though?!" the man looked at Manolo with amazement and confusion.

-"I-I have to find La Muerte"

-"La Muerte?" the man repeated.

-"Sorry, you missed her, Manolo," the man sighed.

-"Wait, you-you know me?"

-"Yeah man, we know everybody!"

-"We know Luis, Carmen and Puddle" he pointed at a puddle of water on the ground.

-"How are you doing Puddle?" he waved a 'hello'.

-"Huh?" Luis looked at the man confused.

-"Hello...Puddle?" Manolo waved and chuckled.

-"It's all here in The Book of Life," the man pointed at a book.

-"Wait, where are my manners? Come on in y'all!" he exclaimed and the floor they were standing under rose leading them to a room filled with thousands of candles and four majestic waterfalls.

-"WELCOME TO THE CAVE OF SOULS!" he exclaimed happily and raised his arms.

-"Mi casa es su casa" he said.

-"Wow! Now this is a cave!" Luis looked around happily.

-"You see all these candles? Each one is a life..."

-"And I'm your humble yet strikingly handsome CANDLE MAKER!" his voice echoed loudly in the cave and the book applauded.

-"I don't get it?" Luis said after a moment of awkward silence.

-"Wait! Wait! Wait! I didn't do the thing! I got to do the thing!"

-"Watch this!" he put his hands together and a bunch of candles lifted up and surrounded him, Manolo, Carmen and Luis gasped in amazement.

-"Amazing huh?! This is our work! This is what we do!"

-"Look, this is your town..." he pointed at all the candle that had surrounded them.

-"And this, this is Y/n and next to her Manolo" he held two handles, one lit and the other not.

(A/N):

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Sorry it's a bit short.

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458 35 15
In this society, everyone has a soulmate. And the way to find yours is just look. Along with a soulmate, everyone has a small tattoo on their cheek...
2K 44 12
[This book is a continuation of my first book, The Demigod and The Originals. Please feel free to read that first so it won't get confusing.] You are...
189 11 18
It wasn't a love story, at least not for me. With events that began and ended with me and Alejandro. We rushed into things that was too intense for...
148K 7.6K 26
*NOTE: Because I write this series for an independent publisher, I can't post the entire series on wattpad. I am posting the first book of the first...