Who You Are | MHA/BNHA

By Kimzetsoul

[MHA x SakuraKinomoto!Reader] [Name]'s quirk is Clow Cards. Now they can transform into anyone from various e... More

you take the man out of the city (not the city out of the man)
ooh-woo (i'm a rebel just for kicks)
and maybe i enjoy it just a little bit (does that make me insane?)
i'm anxious and nothing can help (and I wish I'd done this before)
catching my breath (letting it go)
where'd you wanna go? (how much do you wanna risk?)
if you don't like the way i talk (then why am i on your mind)
i won't just survive (oh, you will see me thrive)
and they're singing my praises (screaming my name out loud)
we give and take a little more (we give and take a little more)
you've changed my mind (you've touched their hearts)
just like fire (burning out of the way)
cause in the end (you are part of who i am)
perfect energy, yeah (we flawless, yeah, we free)
i say they're just the ones who gave me life (but I truly am my parents' child)
you're so addictive (full of sweets)
i'm a star, star, star (queencard, i'm the top)
no matter where I go (this is no home)
young, dumb, stupid (but who cares? but who cares?)
what's wrong with you, hey? (i know that you got a lot on your plate)
you held me down (but I got up)
shut your eyes (realize)
i don't know (maybe i'm just like this)
already told you (i'm right here)
between the lines of fear and blame (you begin to wonder why you came)
we clawed, we chained (our hearts in vain)
impossible game (i never signed up for this with my name)
sometimes I feel like giving up (but I just can't)
i remember tears streaming down your face (when I said I'll never let you go)
the dog days are done (here they come)
and now all i wanna see (is a sky full of lighters)
oh no!
whatever it takes
i'm worse at what i do best (and for this gift i feel blessed)
where's the person that i know? (they must have left)
and you'll ask yourself (where is my mind?)
whatever we go through (i'll be your armor)
god stood me up (and I don't know why)

when the world is calling you (can you hear them screaming out your name?)

635 28 7
By Kimzetsoul

"As your mentor, I have planned to give you more experience during the remaining two days of your internship," Mirko said with a stern expression, causing [Name] to widen their eyes in surprise, their hands tightening on the white hospital blanket. They had expected to learn more about fighting techniques, but it seemed like Mirko had something else in store for them.

"You only have two more days left after you're discharged from the hospital this afternoon, and I won't be holding back," Mirko continued her tone challenging. "You'll need to bring your 'A' game because I won't be helping you. It's all up to you, Cardcaptor [Name]."

Feeling a surge of excitement and determination, [Name] grinned and nodded. "I understand, Mirko. I'll do my best and show you what I can do."

---------

"You understand your mission, Cardcaptor [Name]?" A voice rang through their intercom. This isn't what they had in mind when Mirko brought it up yesterday. They were in the alley next to the bank and stood under the vent cover.

With a quick glance around to ensure they weren't being watched, [Name] unlatches the vent cover and slips inside, the metal scraping against their back. It's cramped and stuffy, but they remind themselves that this is part of the job.

"Yes, Mirko. I am in the vents now." [Name] said, keeping their voice low, biting back a yawn trying to escape their mouth. It is late at night and they are wishing right now that Mirko chose to send them on a mission during the day. They wore a skin-tight black bodysuit with a yellow bat symbol emblazoned on the chest. The suit is accented with matching yellow boots, gloves, and a black cape with the inside being yellow. They also include a black cowl that covers their face, leaving only their bright [Eye Color] eyes visible and a utility belt filled with various gadgets and weapons. They are using Batgirl's Clow Card.

As they pressed the button on their hologlove, the blueprints of the building flickered to life before their eyes. [Name] studies the blueprint carefully, tracing the ventilation system with their finger until they find the one they need. They take a deep breath, knowing that one wrong turn could cost them their mission. The blueprints guide them through the maze of vents, and they take each turn with precision, mindful of the twists and turns of the ventilation system as they didn't want to get lost. They can hear the faint hum of machinery below, but it's drowned out by the sound of their own breathing.

The cool metal beneath their hands and knees felt rough against their skin, and their heart beat rapidly with adrenaline. Their breaths were shallow and quiet, not wanting to alert anyone of their presence. Every so often, they would stop and listen, checking for any signs of danger before continuing.

Despite the cramped space, [Name] pressed on, determined to reach their destination. The only sounds in the vents were the occasional drip of water and the soft scuff of their movements. The musty smell of dust and old metal filled [Name]'s nose, but they pressed on, determined to complete their mission. They were glad that there were no rats or they would've cried.

[Name]'s mind was focused, and their muscles ached from the effort of crawling and navigating the maze-like vents. But they refused to let that stop them. The question is, how the hell does a bank not clean its own vents?

"I said shut up!"

"I would if you hurry it up! The heroes could be here in any second!"

[Name] crept through the vents, their movements steady and quiet, listening to the bank robber quarreling (they wanted to burst out laughing because why are the two fighting each other and not focusing on robbing the bank). They were focused on their mission, to stop the bank robbers. With each passing moment, [Name] drew closer to their destination, their heart pounding in their chest with adrenaline.

Finally, [Name] reached the cover that overlooked the front of the bank. They quietly whispered, "Mirko, I'm here." [Name] peered down, observing the robbers as the two tried to open the vault door. They felt a sense of urgency to act, but also a sense of calm as they took in the situation.

[Name] quickly sprang into action. They pressed a button on their cowl, causing the eye lenses to appear on the computer screens outside the building, showing the police and Mirko what they saw. [Name] was grateful for the advanced technology in their cowl, and the police's willingness to provide the computer to make this work (it took a while for Mirko to convince the police to let them handle it, which is another story). Despite the risks involved with Mirko sending [Name] in alone, they were determined to prove their worth and handle the situation.

Right now, [Name] is waiting for the signal to strike.

"How many hostiles?"

[Name] counts the people except for the criminals, "2 hostiles. Please advise."

"Any sign of the hostile's quirks?"

"One of the hostiles has a mutation quirk giving them into a gorilla-like being. The other I cannot tell. Probably an emitter quirk."

[Name] feels their heart racing as they prepare to carry out Mirko's plan. This is the time to further show what they can do. They take a deep breath, steeling their resolve and making sure they remain as quiet and stealthy as possible.

With a determined look on their face, [Name] approaches the vent cover closest to the main room (which is a bathroom) and begins to carefully remove it. They make sure to use their muscles and movements in a way that prevents the cover from making any loud noises as it is removed. Once the cover is removed, [Name] drops down into the room below, landing with absolute silence on their feet. They are now in position.

They carefully make their way toward the bathroom door. They stop and slowly open the door, peeking inside to see the bank robbers shouting at each other. Clearly, amateurs and [Name] didn't know if they wanted to laugh or cry at the situation they found themselves in.

Looks like these two don't even know what they are doing. Although, I still don't have enough information for the second one's quirk, [Name] thinks, frowning. "These criminals are amateurs for leaving the civilians unattended, but it works in our favor."

"Try to distract them and take them down, Cardcaptor [Name]," Mirko's voice in their earpiece says. "I will go in if you need any backup. Understood?"

"Roger," [Name] responds.

[Name] exits the bathroom, keeping their back against the wall and closing the door without making a sound.

As they quickly scrambled to evade the villains' notice, [Name] made their way behind a nearby counter. Remembering the tactics of Batman, they decided to blend into the shadows, becoming nearly invisible in the dim light. Since there were no civilians in the vicinity and the night had fallen, [Name] saw an opportunity to play a little game.

"My, my, look what the cat dragged in," they said in a low, menacing voice.

The two villains were caught off guard and spun around from the vault doors, their faces contorted in shock and confusion.

"What the hell?!" Kizu, the one with the mutant quirk, shouted in anger. "I thought you said it was empty!" He turned to his partner with a frustrated look on his face, clearly upset by the unexpected appearance of what he assumed is a pro hero.

"It should be dumbass! It's closed for God's sake!" Jun exclaimed, the other criminal.

"Where are you, damn it? Show yourself!" Kizu bellowed, his massive arms flailing about as he stomped toward the center of the room, his heavy footsteps echoing through the empty bank. Suddenly, a loud cackle filled the air, seeming to come from all directions at once. The two criminals spun around, looking for the source of the sound.

As they scanned the room, their eyes finally landed on [Name], who had positioned themselves on a rafter on the ceiling, blending into the shadows like a bat. Despite their efforts to remain hidden, their laughter somehow seemed to strike fear into the hearts of the villains. Kizu growled, shaking his head in frustration

Kizu growls in frustration as [Name] continues to play their game of cat and mouse. "You better come down here, hero! I don't have time for you and your stupid tricks!" he yells, waving his massive arms in the air.

But [Name] is undeterred. "I got all the time in the world!"

They pull on their yellow gloves and jump down, landing squarely on Kizu's head and using it as a springboard for a backflip. As they land softly on their feet, they quickly retrieve a batrang from their belt and throw it towards Kizu. However, just as the batrang is about to strike its target, a blue portal appears out of nowhere, and the weapon is sucked in.

Confused, [Name] looks around to see where the portal came from, but they can't find anything. This got to be the other person's quirk! Dammit, looks like he can make portals! [Name] thought to themselves with a grimace. Kizu smirks at the scene.

"You got to do better than that, bitch."

The intern didn't say anything. [Name] took advantage of the criminal's momentary monologue and pulled out another batrang, this time aiming for Jun. However, the criminal was ready for it and with a snap of his fingers, another portal appeared and disappeared without a sound, taking their weapon with it.

"Looks like you are the one in trouble!"

Kizu chuckles menacingly as he runs towards them with his arm raised to punch. Without saying a word, [Name] watches intently as Kizu charges at them. At the last moment, [Name] leaps into the air, placing their hands on Kizu's shoulders, and flips over him, landing a powerful kick on his back. Kizu grunts as he falls forward and crashes onto the floor.

As Kizu recovers, a beeping sound fills the air, catching his attention. He looks around in confusion and sees the batrang glowing red in his hand. "Ah, shi-" Before he can finish his exclamation, the explosive device detonates, sending Kizu and debris flying.

"You still have a lot to learn," [Name] remarks coolly, assessing the situation with a sharp eye. They turn their attention to Jun, who is now visibly panicking, and a smirk plays on their lips. With swift movements, [Name] reaches for their utility belt and pulls out a smoke bomb, which they toss in front of Jun. The bomb explodes with a loud hiss, filling the room with a thick cloud of smoke that makes it difficult to see or breathe.

Jun coughs and splutters as he inhales the smoke, spinning around frantically trying to locate [Name]. The hero watches from the shadows, silently observing the man's every move. Suddenly, they let out another loud cackle, their voice echoing through the smoke and disorienting Jun even further. [Name] takes advantage of the confusion and blends even deeper into the shadows, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

"Come out, you freak!" Jun shouts, frustration and fear evident in his voice.

"Here I am!" [Name] sings out, appearing behind Jun and delivering a sharp kick to his side. Jun groans in pain and doubles over, trying to catch his breath. He tries to retaliate with a punch, but [Name] easily sidesteps and taunts him.

"No, over here!" [Name] calls out, appearing on the other side of Jun and delivering a swift punch to his back. Jun staggers forward, nearly losing his balance, as they continue to toy with him.

Jun growls in frustration as he stumbles forward, feeling the impact of [Name]'s round kick hitting his back. "Stop messing around!" he demands, trying to catch his breath.

Ignoring Jun's words, [Name] quickly reaches for two batrangs and expertly throws them towards Jun. However, instead of hitting him, the batrangs embed themselves onto both sides of Jun's feet, effectively trapping him in place.

"Now, who's messing around?" [Name] quips with a smirk.

"What the hell?!" Jun roars as he looks down at his feet, where the batrangs embedded themselves. Suddenly, the batrangs let out a beep, and electricity surged through Jun's body, causing him to cry out in pain and fall to his knees.

[Name] smirks at the success of their plan but is caught off guard as they feel a sharp pain in their back. They let out a startled yell and flies forward, they rolled on the floor a few times and came to a stop. They let out a wince as they look to see Kizu smirking at them.

"Damn it!" [Name] cursed under their breath as Kizu easily pulled the batrangs out of the floor, seemingly unfazed by the pain. Meanwhile, Jun let out a sigh of relief as he stood up, visibly shaken from the previous shock. [Name] knew they had to act fast as they now had to deal with both villains at once.

As [Name] quickly got up from the ground, they felt a surge of pain shooting through their body, but they gritted their teeth and shook it off. With their yellow gloves now stained with dirt and sweat, they pulled out a couple of batrangs from their utility belt, ready to take on the two villains.

Without wasting any time, [Name] threw the batrangs toward Kizu and Jun, who were still recovering from the previous attack. The criminals were caught off guard as the batrangs exploded in their faces, causing them to shout in surprise and confusion.

Realizing that they needed to take advantage of the moment, [Name] decided to step up their game. With lightning-fast reflexes, they ran forward toward the two criminals, leaped into the air, and effortlessly flipped over their heads. In one swift motion, they grabbed Kizu and Jun's heads and smashed them together with a loud thud.

Ignoring the grunts and groans of pain coming from the two criminals, [Name] stuck the landing, bending down and quickly executing a leg sweep to knock them off balance. It was clear that they weren't messing around anymore. As the two men try to recover, [Name] pulls out a mini canister and pulls the pin, and throws it at the pair.

"What the-" Jun was cut off as he slumps forward asleep. However, Kizu remained unfazed, probably due to his quirk.

With Jun out of the way, [Name] focuses their attention on Kizu.

Kizu grins, showing his sharp teeth as he stood tall, ignoring the fact of his accomplice is out. "You think that's going to work on me, hero?" he taunts, cracking his knuckles.

"Let's see what you've got," [Name] says, shifting into a stance.

They quickly reach for another gadget, a small device that emits a high-pitched frequency. Kizu winces in pain as he clutches his ears, but he still stands strong. [Name] quickly analyzes the situation and realizes that they need to take a different approach.

With determination fueling their actions, [Name] charges toward Kizu, their fist tightly clenched. Despite Kizu's attempts to evade the attack, [Name] proves to be too swift. Their punch connects solidly with Kizu's jaw, causing him to stagger backward. Quickly regaining his composure, Kizu retaliates with a punch of his own. [Name], however, deftly dodges the incoming strike and delivers a swift kick to Kizu's stomach. Though the blow elicits a grunt of pain from Kizu, he remains steadfast on his feet.

Observing that their usual gadgets have little effect on Kizu, [Name] opts to rely on their martial arts skills instead. They unleash a barrage of rapid jabs and kicks aimed at Kizu, each strike finding its mark. Despite Kizu's attempts to retaliate, he struggles to keep up with [Name]'s speed and agility, indicating his lack of experience in combat.

Finally, [Name] lands a powerful roundhouse kick on Kizu's head, knocking him out cold. They take a moment to catch their breath and check on Jun, who is still unconscious.

"Good job, Cardcaptor [Name]."

As [Name]'s head turns towards the voice, they see Mirko sprinting her way from the front entrance, with a group of police officers following her. Relief floods through [Name] as they know that they don't have to do anything else.

"Mirko!" [Name] calls out, rushing towards her. They pay no mind to the criminals being arrested behind them. With a giggle, Mirko ruffles their hair, and [Name] feels grateful for their mentor's arrival. The police officers swiftly apprehend Kizu and Jun, with Jun too disoriented to resist.

---------

I hope this chapter is okay because I had a bit of a hard time figuring out how to write it. No need to worry the next chapter is going to be Mirko and MC fighting together (spoliers). Also, it may seem like MC is super op or something here, but to be honest, it was just an easy fight because Kizu and Jun were complete amateurs (in this case it was their first-ever crime). Hope the fight scene wasn't cringy lol. Anywho, thank you guys for the 2k reads and 78 votes! See you guys next time~

Personally, my favorite DC hero is Robin (by that I mean all Robins with Nightwing being first)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.1K 22
โ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ'๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ .โž โ๐‘ค-๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก?โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๏ฟฝ...
25.3K 264 15
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’” ๐’Ž๐’๐’—๐’†๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’–๐’” โ™ก ๐‘พ๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’”๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ โ™ก ๐‘ถ๐’–๐’“ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๏ฟฝ...
628K 18.8K 30
โ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘'๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘’.โž โ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Žโ„Ž, ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ก.โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๏ฟฝ...
407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...