Strangers To Lovers

Von marie200013

In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need... Mehr

Prologue
A Date with Destiny at Table Four
"Intoxication and Tension"
"The Unusual Proposal."
"Uncharted Territory of Hearts"
An Extraordinary Night
"Glamour and Distraction"
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Epilogue.

Chapter 12.

22 16 0
Von marie200013

I stumbled into the bedroom, glancing around with a horrified expression on my face. My breath froze in my throat as I entered the room. My bed was entirely ruined, and there was a large pile of broken pillows on the floor. In addition, my bed was a mess. This morning, while I was getting ready for the day, there were not many items of clothes in my closet. After that, I stomped on one of the pillows that had been thrown all over the floor and yelled out, "Who steals shitty clothes from shitty shops?"

I was jolted by this information in a way that I had never experienced before. Considering that the hoboes were acting in an unusual manner, I should have understood that something was wrong and taken action sooner. The fact that I permitted them to stay for a longer period of time than I ought to have was a mistake. It was my responsibility to take action against them from the outset, and I should have done so as early as I could have. For my charity, what was the recompense that I received? Luke was waiting at the entrance to my bedroom, with a serious expression. Taking photos is a smart endeavor to undertake. "I get it," I said to myself. "The police were just about to arrive. My heart hurt as I tried to explain what was going on."

"I know that people who are homeless want things, but did they really need to steal from someone who doesn't have much?" I questioned myself. Don't hesitate to ask for some hand-me-downs! Please don't spoil my house!"There was nothing more embarrassing than my stupidity. It would have been impossible for me to predict this outcome in any way. Luke suggested that you fold your arms over your chest and write down what is missing. I rubbed my forehead as I thought of what I should say. In the end, it didn't matter what we did because there was no point in it. When I left the house, I didn't even have anything that was worth much.

The only meaningful item I was able to retrieve was a blanket, and I knew I would never be able to find one like that again. I'm sure the person who stole it believed it would keep them warm during the cold winter months and that they would be better off without it. The sentimental value of the item does not need to be taken into consideration, so you shouldn't worry about it. Is it not true that I would have been better off if my comforter had done that? The idea of having a new throw would have been preferable to having an old and beaten throw. I pressed my lips tightly to keep from crying.

His response was, "Those living in such a horrible environment would be foolish to pay for insurance to cover such a place in such an unreliable way." I responded by saying that I wasn't going to weep over the issue since, in my view, Luke shouldn't have to deal with any of these things. He responded by saying, "I'm not going to cry over the situation." Luke did not respond, but he seemed to be interested in answering the question. He pursed his lips as he talked. "There must be some money that insurers can pay you because you need insurance." For instance, if I ever acquired renter's insurance, my coverage would only be twenty dollars when I filed a claim.

I wasn't in the mood for this, but I felt embarrassed and irritated by the entire thing, even though I didn't mean to be nasty to him. The reality of my theft. That clarifies a lot since Luke was there when the event happened. As he looked around the flat, his initial impression was that it was in worse shape than he had ever seen. The sound of sirens shattered the quiet that had encircled us, and I let out a breath of relief. Dealing with cops was not something I wanted to do. I saw a look of astonishment on Luke's face and said, "I believe it would be a wonderful idea if you went. Could you be sure? "" "I will be able to do the remaining jobs on my own if you would return home.

Whatever the case may be, I have to go to work cleaning as soon as the police officers leave. They will be interested in filing a report as soon as they leave. "I'll go with you to the station. Don't worry, you can do that online these days," I said as I moved from my room into the living room, being careful not to wake anyone. Luke was surprised to learn that he was supposed to file a report because there had been a robbery, Ella, and I twitched my fingers as I listened to him. I don't think it's a big deal. There is a difference between a robbery that I commit and one that you commit. Your possessions could be worth over a million dollars, depending on what you own. I can assure you that even mine don't even amount to a hundred dollars.

Leaving you here alone yourself would not be a good idea since they had already stolen what they wanted. "I would urge that you go home." "What if they came back?" It was improbable that they would come back. There is no way they could have entered here if they had informed their buddies how simple it would have been to do so. I proceeded to answer it, almost tripping over some paper on the floor, but the front door was pounding loudly in the background. I moaned in annoyance as I stomped away a few items that were troubling me. I was astonished by how uncontrollably horrible the situation was. I would never be able to sleep in my own bed.

After then, there wasn't much more that could be done. When it came to food, the whole area might be called a wasteland. Remembering that there was initially quite a bit is also crucial. "Ella," Luke spoke first. My eyes were starting to become hot. No, Ella. Not with Luke looking on. The police are present. Please go; it's not in our agreement for you to meddle in my private affairs. He said softly, "...fine," after a little pause. I didn't say anything further to him since I couldn't find anything interesting on his face. I watched him go out the front door, his back to me, my eyes fixed on the floor as he made his way through the chaos.

He identified himself and another policeman as the apartment's renter, told the authorities I was the tenant, and said he would be back. A female cop approached me hesitantly in the middle of this, and I had to swallow anxiously in response. After my brother's ordeal, I started to feel very nervous whenever the cops were around. I was requested to apologize despite the fact that I knew I was doing no good at all. When our chat came to a close, I promised her that I would create an internet report as soon as I had documented what I had discovered and how the hobos appeared. One suggestion was for me to leave the
I will be available tonight in the event that anything goes wrong or if I have any questions.

To get the most out of the chat, I found that keeping things brief was useful. I agreed and nodded. Since I had no insurance of any kind, I was not going to call the police. I felt that she would be irritated if I informed her up front that I was wasting her time at this moment. I looked at the chaos in front of me and sighed heavily before closing the front door. I was overwhelmed by the mere prospect of beginning. The parlour? My bedroom, what was left of it? Though was it really worth it, given the tattered garments that remained? All in all, I felt that my clothing had generally aroused their curiosity. I stepped back into my bedroom, expecting Luke to make some remark about my clothes, but instead I felt a knot in my throat.

I made the decision to inspect the empty shoeboxes that I had discovered while squatting on the ground. They had seized them, despite the fact that my heels were unable to support me as I walked. My eyes widened as I attempted to visualize what Luke would say about my closet, and I was shocked by what he would say. I then looked through the clothes that were strewn all over the floor, trying to find the specific item that I was looking for. The closet that caught my attention had an eerie atmosphere that stunned me as I pushed the doors open all the way. Although there were still some clothes hanging on the racks, they were all very wrinkled and stretched out. Although there were still some clothes hanging on the racks, they were all very wrinkled and stretched out. When Luke purchased the dress that I had paid a thousand dollars for him, I received word that it had vanished. I then made the decision to inspect the empty shoeboxes that I had discovered while squatting on the ground. Even though my heels could not support me as I walked, they had seized them.

Even though I knew they were going, I could not figure out why. Nobody realized at the time how sentimental the item was. Every now and again, I felt good about myself in it, and no one could tell how fantastic I looked. Luke would have to hear it. Actually, because he bought it, it is legally his property. My phone started ringing as soon as I grabbed for it in my pocket. I emailed him, and he got back to me right away. Ella, why are you crying? I tried to speak, shaking my head shamefully at my tremulous voice.

What happened to the outfit that you purchased for me, Ella? I tried to have a better understanding of it, and I was told that it was the same one from the previous evening. "Is it the one from the previous evening? When tears started to form anew, they began to pour as they formed again. There was no way I could stop myself from gazing at the empty shoebox, which represented the amount of money that I had lost. I stopped for a while to take a breath in response to Luke's attempt to interrupt me. "Ella," I said after pausing for a moment to take a short, deep breath. "I'm sorry you had to waste your money...I'm sorry my shitty luck caused you to lose money---" "Ella," Luke said with regret. At this time, I was aware that if I spoke, my voice would break, so I muttered, "Calm down." I closed my eyes because tears were streaming down my cheeks. Sadly, I am sorry. Luke exhaled a strong breath, loud enough to reprimand me, and said, "The heels are also gone." My stomach began to churn as he said this.

"Please accept my apologies, Luke!" Repayment of that amount of money is not required. In the present time, it is not the final thing that you should be concerned about. You shouldn't worry about that," he told me firmly in a low voice, the sense of urgency evident in his tone. "Ella," I replied when I paused to take a deep breath. "I'm sorry you had to waste your money...I'm sorry my shitty luck caused you to lose money—" "Ella," Luke responded. At this point, I knew my voice would break if I spoke. "Calm down," I closed my eyes because tears were streaming down my face.

He continued in a gentle voice, "I had no choice but to stay at home," I said, a lonely look on my face. "I have nowhere else to go tonight," he added. "I responded dumbly." His voice echoed off the walls as he continued. After being robbed, there is no need for you to remain on the premises of your apartment. Staying in your apartment after being robbed isn't good for the mental health of people," he said while staring at me. I assumed that it was the door of his vehicle shutting, which would indicate that he had just got home. I made a point of saying, "You appear to detest individuals who visit your home. Since things are the way they are right now, how can you possibly expect me to leave you alone?" " He returned as well. In addition to taking a deep breath, I rubbed my eyes as I was doing so. While I was standing on the ground, I glanced up at Luke who was standing at the entrance to my bedroom. Someone yelled, "Don't worry about me. I never left." He continued to talk on the phone while I was listening in on the conversation.

Thank you so much; I am doing well. It is possible that this is when I started to feel a bit overwhelmed. You have just brought yourself home. From that point on, I think I started to feel a little overwhelmed. The fact that he was standing right next to me at the time made it much more unpleasant than it would have been otherwise. It was a dreadful experience to have a little breakdown and then be spotted crying in front of him while he was in the room next to me. In the moment that he removed the phone from his face, a deep furrow emerged on the bottom portion of his cheek. Please keep in mind that the lock is broken. By rubbing a soft cloth over her eyes, the woman questioned her own actions, making certain that she had not ruined my makeup. What valuables are you able to bring along with you when you travel? It is not possible to completely close the door.
She wiped her face, becoming red in the process, and then said, "What can you grab off your way out?" "One more reason you are not permitted to remain here," she said."

She enquired. Despite the fact that it may not have been in our contract, he said that he didn't do this out of respect for our working relationship. I was staring at him with a big smile on my face and my eyes wide with shock. Did I upset him in any way with my previous comment? Could anything I said have angered him? Maybe I spoke in a tone a bit too harshly. Not in my opinion. He pondered for a bit before responding to the inquiry. "If you would want to bring it to my place, that is not a problem at all. But what about your mother, is that the case? There is no doubt that if she were to figure out everything on her own, it would make more sense.The statement "I think she would" was really harsh.

I approached a man who was waiting outside my apartment building and asked him, "Are you sure?" He was very irritated by the sounds of my building being disrupted and would not leave me alone. He said, "I will wait by the door." Because Luke paid me, I do not have to worry about spending a lot of money on replacing my clothes. Luke's payment has allowed me to avoid this problem. It was possible to replace everything else, with the exception of the blanket that my mother had given me and the clothes that my father had given me. It was possible to replace everything else. He folded his arms over his chest and sat back on his knees, staring at the ground. He was looking at the ground. I immediately followed him and grabbed my items due to the fact that there was nothing else for me to be concerned about following him.

In what manner should I drive my car?He said, "I think she would," while hunching his shoulders to demonstrate that he was not concerned about the issue. I asked him, "Is there any problem if you bring it over to my house if you want?" He said, "I think she would." "But what about your mother? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to figure it out on her own?" he said, stopping for a little while before responding. "But what about your mother?" A nibble was made on my lip. Due to his obstinate behavior, my vehicle was not brought over to the location that I requested sooner. Had he reached a point when he was too embarrassed to reject, and as a result, he acted that everything was OK because he felt like it? Would it be possible for you to accompany me to the coffee shop so that I may leave my vehicle there and, if I so like, you can recover it and bring it back to my vehicle? Would you be able to report for duty the following day?"

Would you be able to make it to work the next day?In a manner that conveyed displeasure, he
murmured to me, "Ella, I'm sure they would understand." "I don't think..." "I don't think..." I dejectedly said, feeling as if I had to carry the weight of judgment on my shoulders. "Ella," he said in a witty tone that was hilarious. It was probably for the best that I was holding my phone and answering with, "I will send a text to my boss." The next thing I knew, I was holding my phone. I added in a solemn tone, "I am certain that they will comprehend everything." "I don't think..." It would be necessary for me to return the following day, once I had finished cleaning up everything and had completed my communication with the landlord. There is a possibility that the police have already made contact with her; in fact, it is quite likely that they have done so. Approximately thirty minutes after leaving Luke's house, we made our way back to the restaurant where we had been eating. I was anxious because I was a traveler. I would consider it strange if I were compelled to stay at his house for an extended period of time.

Where exactly would I choose to sleep? Is it the sofa? He was completely unaware that we would be sleeping in the same bed, right? First thing in the morning is a good time to do it. I was wondering what time he woke up. Is there a chance that he would take the first step in front of me? It was going to seem to him that I had not put on any makeup since I had gotten up so he was going to see me. As soon as I arrived, he took the initiative to lead the route, and I was compelled to rigorously follow him since he had taken the initiative. He informed us that he was going to clean up first, and that we may proceed after we had disembarked from the steps. I made every effort to communicate with him, but all I received was a response that he should go. Instead of going on a walk to the lake, I chose to sit in my living room and look out the window. Even though his hands were still buried in his pockets, Luke eventually joined me a few seconds later. "If the darkness makes you feel uncomfortable, you can close the shades of the window." "Of course, you're free to do what you want, I will not mind," I said to him.

An look of contrition appeared on his face as he spoke softly to me, and she turned her head to face me. "This is where you belong," she murmured behind her hand. To tell you the truth, I don't think you are so stupid as to fail to see that even if someone you don't know very well lives there, being at their house can still feel strange to you. "I have no idea what to do." "Using those words only makes matters worse." "I haven't had anyone stay over in years." He shook his head, disagreeing, "I can read a book or do anything that will occupy my time." The idea of how comfortable you are causes me to squint as I recall what I said earlier. My initial reaction was to yell, "Pretend that I don't exist!" but he appeared to be remorseful and said, "I have no idea what to do." After that, he said, "But I understand that you don't like people over-that I already said that you're different from me," which was the point at which I was interrupted. Because I was aware that you disliked having people over, I offered it to you.

When I inquired about the efficacy of bath salts, he seemed to take offense at my inquiry. I responded by saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that." His body language showed that he was embarrassed by my statement. "Do you mean I'm suggesting that I take a bath to accidentally see you walking in on me while I'm naked?" Should you be interested in taking use of one of my bath salts that are designed to alleviate stress, I would be more than pleased to make them accessible to you. I said, "What the hell do you think of me?" as a result of the fact that my face suddenly broke into a grin since it did not correspond to the picture that he had given to me.

In no way am I a lesbian! "I'm not a pervert!" he said with a stunned look on his face. I couldn't help but laugh out loud, and when I did, I felt a sense of relief. It doesn't seem like taking a bath will be too much of a hassle, does it right? Yes, I am kidding. He took a step back and peered at me, his eyes penetrating through mine as he did so. His gaze engaged mine. It was a joy to chat with you, Luke." he said. Your anxiety and mine stem from the same thing, therefore I'm sure you're experiencing similar feelings. It's the least I can do, considering that there is no money for me to stay at your hotel," he remarked. My brows furrowed slightly, but I made the decision to ignore that particular instance. I responded by saying, "I want to convey my thanks to you. I do sorry for violating your personal space."

If he is able to get away with it tonight, you should go ahead and do it for the time being.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

26.9K 401 60
Iris Moore, she kind but cold, caring but quiet. With an abusive father, two sisters to raise and a group of friends to keep happy, she struggles to...
18.6K 1.8K 41
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
1.7M 51.3K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
12.1K 807 20
A sizzling, contemporary reimagining of Beauty and the Beast...with a wicked billionaire twist. A BILLIONAIRE. A BARGAIN. AND A THRILLING COMPETITION...