My RÕSË

By Quinofsmiles

Irene Gracia, shy and naive with a very compassionate heart lost everything, her father, her mother, and almo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Announcement
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen 😊
Chapter fourteen 🥺
Chapter fifteen 🌺:The Escape.
Chapter sixteen 🌹
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty-one❤.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Epilogue

Chapter 36

48 5 9
By Quinofsmiles

36🌹

  Irene's POV
The images from the wall were clear now and there I sat, in the boat backing Scarlett.

“So you see why I need your help" she begins “Hadrian is drowning and I am afraid that if he isn't saved or brought back to the city, then I fear what will happen to Diera if Isolde takes hold".

“What of Natasha, she calls Isolde her Aunt, did you have another sister?" I inquire.

“Sapphire, she was the youngest amongst us, she got pregnant for the King of Arran, and when she told my mother and the high witches found out, she was banished from our village but it is a good thing. When you are banished, you will have no memory of our village or anyone in it, so the only thing she knew was she was pregnant for the king. I missed her but of what use if she didn't remember me? She gave birth to Natasha then Eleanor and she died". Scarlett explained.

“Oh" was all I said.

“But that's not the issue now my child" she drew closer to me“Hadrian needs you"

I look at her puzzled.

“How are you sure he needs me, he's a prince, future king, what could I possibly say to him that would make him come with me? Besides, he is missing and..." Before I could continue, a flock of ravens, an unkindness, flew above our heads.

“What was that?" I shiver.

“Time is running out, you have to go"

“But I'm not done asking you questions," I tell her.

“There is no time, if you stay any bit longer, you will be stuck here forever. Go, when you see Hadrian, you will know what to do" She urges me holding my hands.

“But... I don't know where he is"

“Ask Leo," She says“I will always be with you". She concludes.

My eyes opened and I was in the inner temple again. I slowly raise my head to Darius. He smiled at me, and my head was roaming with thoughts but I have to make this less dramatic now.

“How long have I been here?" I ask noticing he was wearing new attire.

“Three days," he tells me and stands up slowly.

“Come now, we do not have much time, a lot has happened in these three days you were not here" he strides to the other side of the room. I wonder to myself what has happened. Maybe Isolde is dead and Natasha has reconciled with Eleanor? Wild thoughts Irene, wild thoughts.

“What happened?" I ask curiously as Darius wears a cloak over my shoulders.

“Isolde plans to take the rule of the city since Hadrian has not been found"

“We can't let that happen".

“I know, I know, we are going to have a meeting tomorrow".

“You have to make sure she doesn't win, I mean, she does not hold the Royal seal" In Diera here, only the royal seal shows the true ruler of our kingdom, without it, every other thing is useless.

“I will try but you have to go now".

“Is anything wrong Darius?"

“I fear what she might do to you if you are seen" he explains “Go now, the night sky will protect you".

I nod in response and walk forward to take my leave. My heart beat faster than my footsteps as thoughts elude my emotions.

“Irene," Darius calls out.

I turn to face him.

“Come back safe," he tells me plainly and I nod in agreement.

I make my way out of the temple and I cover my hair with the hood. I arrive at the Palace gates and made my way in, almost the whole city where in the compound, some crying, some singing slow songs as they gave up their lanterns to the night sky. I pause my footsteps as I take a moment to breathe in and I slowly made my way into the Palace. I climb the fleet of stairs at the front and I was stopped by a guard.

“Who are you?" His voice was deep and intimidating.

I raise a brow.

“I work here!" I glare at him hard.

He withholds for a moment before letting me in. I heaved a sigh as I got in and continued my way to Leo's room. I run a fleet of stairs then I get to his door and knock promptly.

The door opens swiftly as I meet Leo.

“What do you want?"

“I need your help please".

He seems to hesitate, then he further opens the door to let me in.

I walk in “Thank you".

“You have two minutes," he says almost immediately after the door went shut.

“It's Hadrian, I am going out to find him but I don't know where he is" I bluntly say.

“And?"

“Leo..."

We stare at each other for a while, then he groans.

“You can't go out there," he says hovering his hands forward. “You could get hurt besides the patrol are on the lookout for him".

“I know but what are the odds that they will find him, you and I know they won't. You know where he is, you can't go out, it'll be too suspicious but I can" I state all the observations.

“Irene..."

“Give me a better option" I cut him off.

He groans and then thinks for a while which allows me to process how I spoke so boldly and not naive.

“Okay, go get ready and meet me by the horse's shed," He says.

I smile and immediately left his workshop. The walk to my hut felt short since my thoughts were all shivering on “I am going to see Hadrian".

I push the door slightly and was surprised it wasn't locked, careless Liam.

“Irene?" Liam says on seeing me.

“Hi" I simply say not forgetting I haven't fully forgiven him.

“Where have you been?" He pops up a question and I try to ignore it as I walk to the backroom, grab my bag, shove a few clothes inside, and proceed to the Kitchen and shove some food in too.

“Irene, where are you going?"

“To make sure the prince doesn't die".

“Are you crazy? The woods are filled with bandits and thieves and smugglers, they will be more now that the king is dead!" He yells  

“I have no choice, this is for the best Liam. At least I am going to return" I glare at him and once I was sure he knew what I meant, I walked out slamming the door shut behind me. I tug a sigh and made my way to the horse's shed. You should take it easy on Liam, he's still your brother. My subconscious tells me but I ignore it and continue. I arrive at the shed and Leo stood waiting for me.

“Hey what took you so long? Never mind, do you have everything you need? Clothes, food, weapons?" He mentions.

“Yes, yes, and no. I don't have weapons"

“I knew you wouldn't," he said “Take this" he hands over a sword and a dagger.

“Woah, I don't know how to use this".

“You will when you need it," he said, and I reluctantly took it.

“You know the valley of everything good and evil?" He asks.

“Yes, it is forbidden by anyone to enter". The Valley was created with everything else, it was only visited by the ancient kings of the kingdoms, both the good and bad. They argued one day and it led to a war leading to all their deaths, so ever since then, anyone who enters the valley never returns or so legend has it. Every child who is of age was told the story.

“You are going to enter".

“What?!"

“There is a small hut on the other side, that is where Hadrian is".

“I can't cross the valley".

“Just trust me!" He screeches “okay?".

“Okay," I breathed.

“Get on the horse," he says.
I obey like the little dog and got on the horse.

“Hey, please be careful and both of you come back" he concludes.

“We will" I assure him with a smile “thank you Leo" I surmise before kicking the horse.

A/N

Hiii, Happy new Month my loves❤.

What do you think will happen next?

Vote⭐.

Comment💬

Share🌍

Mwah!

God bless you!

Craving beans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.5M 91.5K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
2.8M 180K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
220K 23.8K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...