Rebirth of Poisoned Empress...

Par alyun100719445

Shen Liang was beautiful and cold like jade, but he was also extremely cruel to his enemy. Pei Yuanxian who k... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Untitled Part 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 60

2K 68 18
Par alyun100719445

First time touching a bow?

Ling Yucheng expressed his doubts but didn't pursue the matter with him relentlessly. After all, the two of them weren't that familiar with one another.

"If possible, I'd rather be your friend than your enemy." Being Shen Liang's enemy was too frightening.

He had been all too clear that although he was not a fool, Ling Yucheng was also clear that he was not a shrewd person either. What he has always relied on was his beastlike instincts and intuition, which told him that being Shen Liang's friend would bring him better happiness than being Shen Liang's enemy.

"If you are incapable of seeing through someone's true face, then I'm afraid we can never be friends," Shen Liang stated meaningfully with the corners of his lips raised.

"What do you mean?" Ling Yucheng scowled. 

But Shen Liang no longer paid him any attention. He passed by Ling Yucheng, clasped his hands together and stated: "Elder Princess, Duke Duanjun, although it was not my intent, but both times that I was challenged have incurred displeasure. I am truly sorry and to express my apology, I am willing to donate out a thousand shi *one shi = 100 litres* of grains. Asking the Elder Princess and Duke Duanjun to excuse and forgive me."

As his words fell, the hall fell into uproar once again. A thousand shi of grains. For the wealthy and affluent families, it was indeed not a big sum, but who didn't wasn't clear on Shen Liang's situation? The monthly allowance for most heirs of affluent families, at most, could only amount to a hundred taels. Where did he gain the capital to buy so much grains? In addition, because of the heavy rains, the price of every day goods within the Imperial City only continued to increase day by day. A thousand shi of grains was not an easy feat. Besides, although it was true the challenges Shen Liang was involved in were a unpleasant, strictly speaking, it had nothing to do with Shen Liang. Why did he have to pay out of pocket to apologize?

"This child is sincere and righteous. He excels in talents at such a young age and what is even more commendable is his compassion. Not bad. The Marquis Donglin Manor has been blessed with a good younger generation," Elder Xie stroked his goatee and praised Shen Liang without hesitation. 

Elder Master Zeng and Zhao who shared the same table as the elder nodded their head in succession as well. They understood full well that Shen Liang was only borrowing the name of apologizing to donate the goods.

With the three respected elders' words, who dared to say otherwise. But the position of the Shen Family members inevitably fell into an awkward situation, especially Shen Ruiting. If anyone were to ask who became the most prominent figure after today's occasion, then without a doubt, it was Shen Liang. With his performance, it gained face for the Marquis Donglin Manor, but he never looked at this son of his favorably before. In fact, he even wished he could never see this child of his. But now Shen Liang had gained the approval of many people present and even won the praises of the three elders, Shen Ruiting felt inexplicably complicated and obscure. He didn't know what to do with this son of his who had caused the death of his beloved wife in the future.

"Not bad. You do not embarrass Wei Zeqian. This Princess will accept your one thousand shi of grains," the Elder Princess who have not spoken for a long time finally stood up and walked before Shen Liang. The Prince Consort followed behind. With her mention of only Wei Zetian and no mention of the Marquis Donglin Manor, those from the manor, including Shen Ruiting were angry but dared not to voice their complaints.

"Here is proof of payment for a thousand shi of grains from the Murong Family's rice shop. The Elder Princess only needs to send someone over with this statement to collect the grains," even though the other party was a noble princess of the Imperial Family, Shen Liang's actions did not humble himself any further than courtesy necessitates. He handed over the proof with both hands in a respectful and dignified manner.

"En, you have been considerate," the Elder Princess threw a maid a glance, signaling for the servant to accept the proof. After, the Elder Princess stated casually: "This Princess and your late father, Wei Zetian, could be considered acquaintances. Seeing you today has made this Princess nostalgic and think of the past him. Shen Liang, are you willing to accompany this Princess and the Prince Consort for a walk?"

"Yes," having long expected for the two of them to talk to him, Shen Liang was not surprised. Nor did he refuse. He bowed and gave way to the Elder Princess and the Prince Consort to walk first. The Elder Princess nodded her head in satisfaction and took him along to leave the grand hall. Everyone watched as Shen Liang left with the Elder Princess with varying emotions, but what was indisputable was that Shen Liang had fallen into the eyes of the Elder Princess who looked upon him favorably.

Only Liu Wenjin's Family and the Liu Shuhan mother-son pair appeared restless. They were the most frightened of the elder Princess seeking Shen Liang out. With Shen Liang's hatred for them, he will undoubtedly provoke things for them. When the time comes, they were afraid that even if there weren't any proof, the Elder Princess would be offended by them. 

The banquet was about done here. After the Elder Princess and the Prince Consort left, Duke Duanjun stood out and delivered a few more courteous words before ending the banquet. Xiang Zhuo and his group who originally wanted to exchange some last words with Shen Liang realized that they wouldn't be able to catch him anymore could only leave the banquet with their respective families reluctantly. Many Imperial Princes wanted to stay to share some words with Shen Liang in private as well but the Imperial Court passed an Imperial decree stating that the Emperor was urgently calling for their presence. They could only leave. 

In the end, only Pei Yuanxian stayed behind in the Elder Princess's Manor shamelessly. Duke Duanjun had no choice but to invigorate himself to entertain the Duke of Qingping, but if the choice was up to him, he hated that he couldn't have someone kick the person out.

"Are you aware of why this Princess called for you?" The Elder Princess and the Prince Consort sat in the gazebo in the middle of the courtyard scattered with cold plum blossoms. Shen Liang stood silently by the side. Not a single servant could be seen in sight.

"because of the matter with the bandits," Shen Liang looked up and met their gaze without hesitation.

The Elder Princess gaze a light smile: "Sure enough, you are an intelligent one. I imagine you must be weary today and this Princess will simply be straightforward with you. I'm sure you're aware of the rumors outside. This Princess also wishes to know whether the bandits who kidnapped Yu'er are associated with Liu Wenjin and his sister?"

"I do not know," Shen Liang stated without hesitation. 

The Elder Princess and her husband looked at him, stunned, "You don't know?"

Didn't he state in public that he was sure the bandits were related to the Liu Wenjin brother-sister pair?

"I indeed am unaware of whether the bandits who kidnapped Young Master Duanyu are the same group of bandits who were after my life. But I am certain that the bandits who were after me were ordered to do so by Liu Shuhan. That day in the carriage, Grandma Wei personally admitted that she couldn't allow me to just return to the Marquis Donglin Manor intact. Otherwise, she would not be able to explain to the madame. At the same time when the bandits were chasing after me, I also heard them say that after handling me, they would kill that child. As for whether the child they mentioned is Young Master Duanyu who was kidnapped, I have no way of knowing nor proving. When the Duke of Qingping rescued me then, I simply mentioned the bandits mention of a child. What ensued after, I am not clear on."

Death wiped away all evidence. This proved extremely beneficial for Liu Shuhan and the others. But for Shen Liang, it also proved to be the same. Grandma Wei was already dead. What she said or didn't say, wasn't it all up to Shen Liang to craft and decide? The Elder Princess and her husband were not fools. If Shen Liang spoke too absolutely, it would be tantamount to deliberate framing. As for this sort of conflicting half-truths and half lies, it was more prone to garnering trust. 

"Are you certain?" the Elder Princess Yuehua's complexion suddenly turned extremely ugly. If that was the case, then the person who were behind the bandits who kidnapped Yu'er were indeed the Liu Wenjin brother-sister pair. They even wanted to kill her Yu-er. He was only five!

If she were to know that had Shen Liang not mentioned Young Master Duanyu to Pei Yuanxian, not only would the child die but also be dismembered, would she be even more furious?

"The matters concerning me, I am positive," Facing their sharp gaze, Shen Liang neither evaded nor hid. He calmly admitted his certainty.

"Very good. This Princess understands. You can also be considered as a savior of my eldest grandson's life. In the future, if there is anything you need help with in the future, feel free to come to the Elder Princess's Manor to find this Princess," the Elder Princess suppressed the anger that threatened to burst as she stated through gritted teeth.

"Many thanks, Elder Princess. If there isn't anything else, please excuse me as I will leave first," aware that the two needed time to process and vent, Shen Liang didn't bother entangling with them any further. 

Seeing him retreat, the Elder Princess slapped her hand against the stone table fiercely: "How impudent and audacious! That Liu Wenjin brother-sister pair actually dared to touch the people from my Elder Princess's Manor."

"En, it is highly likely that Liu Wenjin brother-sister pair are indeed affiliated with the matter," The Prince Consort didn't comfort her but rather agreed with a dark expression, which was rare for him. They were not fools. Shen Liang's words indeed seemed hard to connect but combined with the news Pei Yuanxian shared with them and the information they derived for themselves, the complete story was something they could conjure and derive for themselves quite easily. In fact, they could even hypothesize exactly why and how Liu Wenjin gained the audacity to make such a scheme.

"Fifth Young Master!" Shen Liang had just stepped out the front gate of the Elder Princess's Manor when Qi Yue and Yaoguang who had returned greeted him. Seeing that he was unscathed, the two of them breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm a bit tired. Let's talk after heading back," sensing that the two had words to share, Shen Liang pressed against the bridge of his nose wearily. After half a month's time of recuperation, his health had improved, but the past few years of turmoil took time to fully recover from. What happened today had been very stressful and much to take in as well. The moment of reprieve allowed all the exhaustion to swarm over him instantaneously.

"But..." Qi Yue and Yaoguang peered behind him hesitantly. Shen Liang looked back suspiciously and saw Pei Yuanxian heading towards him with Tianshu.

"My lord, I'm tired," before Pei Yuanxian could say anything, Shen Liang revealed his fatigue. Pei Yuanxian frowned imperceptibly. 

He reached out and caressed his head before stating helplessly, "This lord will send you back."

"En," knowing full well that it was useless to refuse, Shen Liang didn't bother. He allowed the man to lead him to the luxurious carriage crafted from agarwood. Qi Yue and Yaoguang who had been left behind exchanged glances before climbing into their own carriage and silently following behind. 

"Do you want to lean against this lord? It'll be more comfortable!" the carriage drove slowly. Seeing Shen Liang with his closed eyes pretending to sleep and undisguised fatigue, Pei Yuanxian took the initiative to make the proposal. One has to know that since young, he has never been this considerate towards anybody else.

"En?" Shen Liang opened his eyes and rested his gaze on him, almost making the duke restless: "My lord truly wants to marry me?"

Pei Yuanxian was startled as he didn't expect Shen Liang to take the initiative to bring up this topic.

"Otherwise? This lord has never used this matter to kid around," Pei Yuanxian soon recovered from his stupor and answered without hesitation. He had carefully considered the matter before already and determined that only someone like Shen Liang who could maintain such poise and confidence be worthy of being his wife.

"Hehe... then you should know that it won't be an easy feat?"

"So?" with a general understanding of Shen Liang, Pei Yuanxian knew this was not someone who only knew how to worry. He subtly sensed the underlying meaning in Shen Liang's words, but only needed confirmation.

"So, if you're able to handle this problem, then I'll marry you," Shen Liang smiled lightly. He had thought things through. Pei Yuanxian was right. In order to completely cut off the people who covets him's designs, he had to marry someone, and it had to be someone they were afraid of, but at the same time, did not dare to make an enemy out of. There weren't many people in the Imperial City who fulfilled such conditions and also dared to go against the Imperial Family's will. But Pei Yuanxian did. More importantly, although it wasn't necessary, Pei Yuanxian still defended him in public without regard for his own image, which gave Shen Liang a sense of warmth. Hence, he was willing to give Pei Yuanxian a chance. He doesn't ask for the other party to love and adore him, but will that the two of them would be able to stand by each other's side, unfalteringly and with loyalty!

"Then just wait to marry this lord!" Pei Yuanxian raised his arm and Shen Liang's slender body immediately fell into Pei Yuanxian's arms as Pei Yuanxian declared confidently. He could no only restrain the grin on his face. He had known that Shen Liang would agree sooner or later, but never expected it to occur so soon.

Leaning against Pei Yuanxian's generous and vast chest, Shen Liang immediately stiffened. But he then closed his eyes and forced himself to relax. Pei Yuanxian was not Qin Yunshen. He was also no longer the Shen Liang of the last life. Vengeance and starting new were not in conflict with one another.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

188K 14.7K 36
Her marriage was fixed which was an arranged marriage but she moved to London to pursue her career and dreams and after that, she would marry. But in...
454K 26.7K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
927K 55.2K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
588K 49K 23
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...