Stay - Book two in The Stormf...

By EmmielouKates

Abby is still recovering from the chest infection she contracted after running away from Gabes mansion in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 - Part One
Chapter 8 - Part 2
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

3.5K 256 21
By EmmielouKates

Hey everyone, I bet you weren't expecting this lol. It's 3am here but I wanted to get this down before I went to bed. xx

Chapter 20

It was past 10pm when Gabe pulled up outside Pods house, he groaned when he saw all the cars parked outside and the house lit up from top to bottom, loud music blasting into the night. A few people were stumbling out the door as he pushed his way through. A leggy blonde flung her arms around his neck in greeting and he carefully untangled himself and pushed her away. He continued to fight his way through to the large lounge trying to spot Pod in the smokey haze. When he was sure that Pod wasn't there he continued into the kitchen, turning his nose up at the stench of alcohol, he took in the numerous bottles scattered over the worktops. A group of girls were snorting lines of coke off the worktop, totally oblivious to a couple in the corner who had their tongues down each others throats. The girls top had disappeared and Gabe had no desire to see where the guy had his hand. Gritting his teeth he headed for the pool hoping he would find Pod there. He really didn't want to go searching the bedrooms.

The sound of a girl shrieking followed by Pods throaty laughter told him he was heading in the right direction as he took the stairs down to the pool room.

He muttered a few choice curses when he took in the sight before him. There were a few people spread around the pool in various states of undress and in one corner was Pod. He was shirtless but still had his jeans on as he leant over a naked girl pouring champagne over her body. Gabe strode towards him, anger bubbling up inside at his friends antics. Just as Pod leant down to start licking the alcohol off the girl Gabe grabbed a handful of his long dark hair and pulled him up.

"What the fuck?" Pod shouted as he struggled to gain his footing and release his hair.

"You are an arsehole." Gabe replied as he let go.

Pod  staggered a little at being released and continued to sway as his eyes attempted to focus on Gabe. It was obvious that he had imbibed more than alcohol over the course of the evening from the state of his pupils.

"Gabe mate, glad you could make it, get yourself a drink." Pod slurred, blissfully unaware of his friends anger. Slinging an arm around Gabes shoulders Pod turned to the girl below him.

"This is my best  mate in the whole world, he knows how to party."

The brunette giggled as she ran a hand down her body. "You haven't finished your drink Pod."

"Oh yeah I knew there was something I had to do." He grinned as he made to kneel down beside her again.

"Not so fast." Gabe pulled him back up.

"Aaaw mate you can have a turn in a minute, there's plenty more where this came from." He waved the bottle of champagne around as he swayed again.

"I think you're forgetting something."

Pod squinted in an attempt to focus on Gabe, his brows knit together as he tried to work out what Gabe was talking about.

"Nope, sorry. I have noooo idea what you're talking about. I have everything I could possibly want." He waved his arms around as he spoke which made him wobble again.

"Yeah right. I think it's time you sobered up." Gabe grabbed his arm and started pulling him away.

"Hey baby where are you going?" The girl whined.

"He is going to bed and you and your friends are going home. Get dressed and clear off." Gabe knew he was being harsh but he had to cut through her drunken stupor.

Keeping a firm grip on Pods arm he half dragged him back into the house. He swiped at a control on the wall to cut the music as they passed by.

"The party's over folks, you can see yourselves out." He shouted as he led Pod to the stairs.

His announcement was greeted with groans and muttered curses, but he was pleased to see that the revelers had started to make their way out the door.

"Hey, why do you have to spoil my fun?" Pod whined as he tripped up the stairs.

Gabe swore again as he picked Pod up wrapping an arm over his shoulder as he practically carried him up the stairs.

When they got to his bedroom Gabe pushed Pod into the shower, he flipped the dial to cold and turned it on.

Pod shrieked and tried to cover his face with his arms but ended up just flailing around as if he was swatting flies.

"Ah man, turn it off it's freezing."

Gabe left the shower running for a few more minutes before switching it off and throwing Pod a towel.

"Dry yourself off and get to bed, we'll talk in the morning."

Pods attempt at taking his sodden jeans off had him slipping and sliding around the shower, so Gabe begrudgingly held onto him. Once he had a towel wrapped round his waist, Gabe led him over to the bed and pushed him down.

"You can be a real dick at times." Pod muttered as he slipped under the covers.

"Takes on to know one." Gabe replied as he left the room. He went back downstairs to make sure everyone had left. Once he was happy that the house was empty, he switched off the lights and headed up to one of Pods guest bedrooms. He pulled his phone out of his jacket before taking it off and noticed he had a text from Abby.

Did you get there ok? Did you find him? Xx

Gabe sighed as he read the text. He really didn't want to get into this tonight. He was tired from the drive and pissed at Pod.

Yeah I found him. I'll call you in the morning and explain. Xx

He hoped that would do for now as he placed his phone on the bedside table. He stripped down to his boxers and got into bed. He wasn't looking forward to his morning chat with Pod. He punched his pillow in frustration before settling down to sleep.

By the time Pod surfaced the next morning, Gabe had already cleared the kitchen of numerous bottles and glasses and was sat drinking coffee while he scrolled through his phone. He was checking to see if anyone had posted anything about the party.

"Since when did you become my fucking mother?" Pod growled as he went to make himself a coffee.

Gabe continued scrolling through his phone as he replied.

"Since you became a fucking arsehole. Oh wait. I'm sorry, you've always been an arsehole. My bad. You've just become a bigger one."

"What is your problem?" Pod shouted as he slammed his coffee mug onto the worktop, spilling coffee everywhere.

Gabe looked up from his phone and took in Pods haggard appearance. He stood barefoot, shirtless again, wearing a pair of faded jeans. His red eyes gave away the fact that Gabe was right about Pod using more than alcohol to dull his senses.

"My problem? Oh it may have something to do with that fact that you went to Ireland to see your mother but appear to have lost someone on the way back."

"I didn't lose Helen." Pod snarled.

"Ah so you remember her name then."

Pod ran his hands over his face and groaned. "Of course I remember her name."

"So do you mind telling me why you are here and she is at my house? Oh and don't forget the part where you were leering over a half-naked woman in the pool room, while your house was full of drunken idiots."

"I don't have to explain my actions to you." Pod snarled as he turned to refill his mug.

He didn't get very far though as Gabe stood up and grabbed his shoulder, spinning him round to face him.

"How long have we been friends?"

"What has that got to do with anything?" Pod tried to pull away but Gabe tightened his grip on his shoulder.

"You are running scared and leaving a shit storm in your wake."

Pod stood a little straighter as he stared at Gabe.

"Who said I was scared? I just needed to let lose for a bit after being at our Ma's."

He shook off Gabes hand and went back to filling his mug.

"So that's your story then?"

Pod sighed as he put down his coffee and leant against the work top, head bowed.

"Do we really have to get into this now, I feel like shit."

"Not as shit as you're going to feel when Helen tackles you over the photos of your party on the internet. Not to mention what Abby will do to you. Oh and then there's Mary....."

"Who says they're going to find out? Oh wait, I suppose you'll tell Abby. Of course you will." Pod snorted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know you can't lie to her, you are so whipped." Pod knew it was his hangover making him mean, but the words slipped out before his brain could stop them.

Gabe slammed his cup down and moved towards Pod, his green eyes glinting in fury.

"You've just crossed the line mate."

It was stupidity and anger at himself that had Pod standing straighter and glaring back at Gabe.

"Just stating a fact. Just because you two are all lovey dovey, doesn't give you the right to try and control what I do."

"You dick. Helen is Abbys' friend and you've hurt her. Of course I'm going to tell Abby what you've been up to. And since when did you have a problem with my relationship with her?"

"Wasn't that long ago that you would have joined me in having fun with that girl, instead of shoving me into a cold shower."

"Grow the fuck up Pod. The only reason you did any of this is because you are running from your feelings for Helen."

"You think because I'm the only one left in the band who's single that I have to fall in love with the first woman who comes along?" Pods voice grew louder as his temper flared. He would not be goaded into admitting anything to Gabe.

"Everyone can see it but you. Why are you being such a wanker over this?"

"It's nobody's business but mine, so back off." Pod pushed Gabe in the chest making him stumble backwards.

"You are such a fucking coward." Gabe stepped forward as he spoke and poked Pod in the chest with his finger.

"I'm warning you mate, don't push me."

"Or what?" Gabe got up in Pods face again. "Am I really going to have to beat some sense into you?"

"I'd like to see you try."

Gabe pushed Pod backwards as he glared at him. "Come on then, show me what you've got or is your yellow streak showing again?"

"That's it." Pod snarled as he pulled his arm back and launched a punch at Gabes face.

Gabe grunted and wiped his lip that had started to bleed. That was all it took to make him want to wipe the smug grin off of his friends face. His hand flew up and smacked Pod in the nose with a sickening crunch.

"You bastard." Pod cried as he flung himself at Gabe. They landed on the floor in a heap, grunting and snarling at each other. Both landed a few solid punches as they twisted and turned on the kitchen floor. It took a while to vent their anger and they ended up lying on their backs breathless and bloody.

"What are we doing?" Gabe mumbled as he tried to wipe the blood off his face with his shirt sleeve.

"Fucked if I know." Pod muttered as he gingerly felt his nose to see if it was broken. He winced in pain as he felt part of the bone move.

"Jaysus Gabe, you broke my fecking nose."

Gabe rolled over to look at Pod and clutched his side as his ribs complained.

"Yeah well I think you broke a couple of my ribs, so we're even you Irish bastard."

"Our women are going to kill us." Pod groaned as he tried to stand up.

"Well at least I've knocked some sense into you." Gabe sucked in a breath as his ribs complained when he stood up.

"What makes you think that?"

"You just said our women."

Pod rubbed that back of his neck as his cheeks flushed.

"Shit Gabe, I'm a goner."

Gabe slung an arm around his shoulders. "Yeah mate. It's just a shame we had to wreck our fists before you admitted it though."

They looked at their beaten and bloodied knuckles and started laughing.

"I guess we won't be playing our guitars for a while." Pod sighed in resignation.

"Well at least you have a sexy nurse to tend to your wounds when we get back to my place."

"Hmm, perhaps I can get her to wear her uniform again." Pod scratched his chin as his eyes twinkled in anticipation.

"You are one sick, twisted, Irish bastard."

"I'm sure Helen would lend Abby one of her uniforms if you asked nicely." Pod joked as he nudged Gabe in the ribs.

"Aaargh lay off the ribs and keep your fantasies to yourself please. I'm getting images in my head that can never be erased."

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436 23 20
Alec and Marie are two teenage rock stars divided by a tragedy, and a secret too disturbing to divulge. Finding a way to stay together is essential i...
45.6K 1.4K 16
***If you haven't read Outlaw's Girl, read that first.*** Ashley and Belle are now married, and still getting the hang of things with baby Rylan, but...
29.1K 277 16
Laura and her best friend Toni now live in Surrey, England after moving from their hometown of Smethwick. Laura is a big fan of the band You Me At Si...
17 0 8
A Welsh emigre finds herself in South Africa where she forms intimate bonds with a series of people in her life. Chief among them a Mata Hari of a mu...