twisted // tyler seguin

By defendamalie

When Savannah Whitfield is dragged by her sister to a Dallas Stars game against her will on her birthday, her... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
part two
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty-two
eighty three
eighty-four
eighty five

twenty seven

3.3K 57 7
By defendamalie

Me, Tyler, Jamie and Jason rode a bunch of rides that mostly consisted of them chirping Tyler. They would occasionally poke fun at the both of us, causing him to turn more red than he already was. My stomach ache increased throughout the night with each spinning ride we got on. The Sea Dragon was the worst on me since Tyler forced me to get on the last seat, which was the worst seat you could get on when it came to a ride like that.

We decided to head to the Ferris wheel before calling it a night. It had to be little before ten by now. The teen population seemingly tripled over the hours, while the families diminished. A cool breeze rolled over the night, raising goosebumps on my exposed skin. I had on a pair of bleach splattered shorts, and a black short sleeve shirt. I was completely unaware that the temperatures were going to drop so much.

I shivered underneath of Tyler's arm as we walked over to the Ferris wheel. My shoulder suddenly jerked uncontrollably as a reaction to the breeze. Tyler looked down at me before smiling. "You okay?" He asked.

I shrugged as we got into the line. "I'm really cold." Tyler frowned at my response, examining my outfit.

"Well, no one told you to wear what you're wearing." He unzipped his Nike windbreaker and handed it to me. "Take this." Underneath, he had a Dallas Stars long sleeve on.

I shoved the windbreaker on quickly. It was a bit big, but nonetheless did a better job of keeping me warm than nothing. "Thanks Ty." I said quietly. He smiled and turned back around to talk to Jamie and Jason.

The jacket reeked of the aroma he had that I loved so much. It was so warm, dark and attractive, that I could bathe in the smell and I wouldn't care. There were so many perfect things about Tyler I loved, but if one could take the cake it would be his smell.

The riders of the Ferris wheel were exiting slowly. My heartbeat increased when I realized I was about to ride a Ferris wheel with Tyler. We could do anything to each other up there- that was the wonder of them. That's why they always had a romantic aura around them. I felt like a sucker.

The operator motioned towards us to get in the seat. I stepped in slowly, Tyler following behind me. As we sat, Tyler reached over me to strap us in with a seat belt. The operator then pulled down the safety bar, locking it in place. He walked back over to his machine, rising us up. The seat shook violently, causing me to jump. Tyler cackled as he watched me.

We stopped again as they let more people on the ride. Tyler wrapped his arm around my shoulder for what seemed like the millionth time that night. He pulled me closer, his hand pushing my head down to rest on his shoulder. I looked up at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He looked down at me smiling.

"Making you comfortable. You want me to stop?" His voice was serene in a monotonic way.

I shook my head, smiling. "No. I like it here." I furrowed myself into his shoulder even more.

The Ferris wheel started to move, raising me and Tyler through the air. As we reached the top, I saw the Dallas skyline. "That's a nice view." I mumbled. Tyler looked over and gasped in response.

"It is." He said. His hand rubbed my shoulder as he looked at me. Tyler held his glance a little longer than I expected him to, causing my body to heat up. "You know, I'm really glad that I met you, Savannah. Maybe not out of the circumstances that happened, but I really am glad that I met someone like you."

My eyes began to burn in the back, but this time it wasn't out of sadness like it was recently. It was out of sheer appreciation and admiration. With every loop the wheel made, my thoughts became more excited and disorderly. "Tyler, can I talk to you about something?"

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

A wave of warmth washed over me, swallowing my insecurities and doubts as it receded into my subconscious. "It's nothing bad, it's just.. I don't know." Tyler continued to watch me as I became unhinged.

"I really, really like you." I started. "I don't know how else to start it off because why should I give a huge like, monologue that compares the stars and the moon to my admiration for you or something, like they do in those cliche romance movies. I admire and like you, probably more than you know right now.

"We might not really know much about each other, but I know enough about myself to know that your just... right. You just make me feel good for myself, and it makes me feel really happy. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sucker, or I'm just star struck, but it just doesn't explain how I feel when I'm around you. Your arm, right now. When it's around me like this, Tyler, I could just cry.

"I melt under your touch in a way you'd barely understand. You mean the world to me. And I know I might've been a bitch for the past couple of weeks, but it's because it hurt me in so many ways when I found out another girl had you inside of her. You say you didn't have sex, but I know you guys did. There isn't a need to lie, Tyler. I've been lied to enough.

"I probably sound crazy, but I really mean everything I'm saying. Maybe I'm just being influenced by the city lights in the distance, and your smile, but I.. I don't know. I really don't. I'm not sure, but I think I might love you. Don't quote me on that though, I'm still young. I still like you though. A lot. You can quote me on that."

Tyler looked at me, smiling genuinely. He chuckled to himself as he rubbed his facial hair, looking off into the distance. His eyes returned back to me as a smile developed over his face. "You really feel that way, huh?"

I nodded, my head still laying on his shoulder.

"Sav," His voice was sent pulses through my veins. "I knew from the moment I first saw you and those blonde waves in that office, you were different. Something about you really pulled at my heart. You're so beautiful and funny, it's so hard to stay away from you." Tyler paused for a moment, sighing. "I've made some mistakes, and I want to apologize for them, but I really want you to know that I realized how much I screwed up. You mean the world to me." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

It was too good to be true. The Ferris wheel came to a halt, as we sat on the top. "Thanks, I guess." My eyelids started to get heavy, as our cart swayed slowly with the breeze. Tyler chuckled under his breath.

"Sav, look at me." I made eye contact with Tyler, feeling my blood run numb. He leaned forward, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. In that short second, all doubts of love and trust expired. I wanted more, but I knew I had to control myself. Tyler ran a hand through my hair, smiling.

"Tyler, can I be your girlfriend?" The words came out faster than I could process them myself, causing me regret them instantly. Tyler laughed out loud, wrapping his arm and pulling me close again. Our cart swayed violently from his sudden movements.

The operator started to lower us down to get off, when Tyler kissed my forehead for the second time that night. "Of course you can."

He unbuckled our seat belt as the operator lifted our safety bar and opened the door. "Enjoy your night."

"You too, man." Tyler responded, following me off of the ride. We stood waiting for Jamie and Jason, who were getting off next. We stood in silence, the both of us reflecting on our conversation in the cart we had such a short amount of time ago. It seemed to have happened so fast. It felt good to finally tell Tyler how I felt; how he made me feel inside and what he did to me.

Jamie and Jason hopped off in a giggling mess, stumbling over towards us. "So is that a night?" Jason asked, rubbing his facial hair.

Tyler gasped. "Shit, I just remembered that I didn't ride The Zipper." He glanced towards us, sucking his teeth. "Who's riding it with me?" His eyes that were plastered on me told me that the 'who', was actually me.

"I've never rode that and I'm not going to start tonight." I said quietly. My eyes began to burn as time wasted, sleepiness rolling over me.

"I'm not either." Jason chuckled out.

"I'll do it." Jamie called out.

Tyler hit his arm in response, chuckling. "That's my man." They started off towards The Zipper, before Tyler turned back around and looked towards me. "We won't take long, trust me."

I rolled my eyes as I ran a hand through my hair. "They're going to take forever."

Jason smiled at me. "Do you want to go sit down?" He asked, motioning towards a bench. I nodded in response as we made our way over.

I sat down next to Jason as we waited for Jamie and Tyler. "I'm so tired, I want to go home." My eyes were burning, and my stomach felt like it was in the wrong position. I exhaled loudly as I banged my head against my hand. Jason laughed out loud.

"I kinda want to go home too." He began rubbing his facial hair. "Jamie dragged me out to this thing, like I'm a kid or something."

"Tyler did the same thing to me. It's not even funny, I can't believe him." I smiled as I let Tyler's name roll off of my tongue. He was mine now. All mine.

"You look pretty happy, for someone who wants to go home." Jason smiled as he turn towards me. I shrugged, flashing him a cheeky grin.

"I dunno. Me and Tyler are together now. I asked him to be his girlfriend on the ride. I didn't mean to say it, it just came out, but he said yeah." I could feel myself blush. "I'm such a sucker for him, it sucks."

Jason continued to smile as he listened to me ramble on. "That's good. I'm happy for you. What made you ask him?"

"He said I was beautiful. It just hit me differently then it usually does, and it just came out of my mouth. I'm so gross." I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Jason shrugged. "That's what love does. You know you're a fool but you enjoy being one. I'm really happy for you guys."

I smiled at him. "Thanks Jason."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jamie walk towards us, running a hand through his hair. He approached us without speaking. "Where's Tyler?" I asked.

He looked at me and shrugged. "Oh, uh, he's over by the ride, talking to his friend." Jamie's usual boisterous self was nowhere to be seen. Something wasn't sitting right by the way he stood over us.

I raised my eyebrow as I watched him. "Who's his friend?"

Jamie shrugged again. "I, uh, I don't know he-them."

Her? Something definitely wasn't right. I got up and started to walk over towards The Zipper, before Jamie grabbed me by the wrist. "You don't have to go over there, he said he was coming back."

"Well maybe I want to meet his friend." I yanked free of his grasp, continuing to make my way. Tyler became apparent in the distance, and so did his ""friend"". He was talking to a girl with brown hair that was cut into a short bob. As I approached them more, she looked at me and and said something that caused Tyler to turn around.

"Tyler, I thought you were getting on The Zipper." I side eyed the familiar looking girl as I touched Tyler's bicep. She smiled at me then looked at Tyler.

Tyler looked at the girl before looking towards me. "Yeah, I uh, I was going to get on it. I did already, actually and I saw my, um, someone I knew."

His statement went in one ear and out the other. I knew exactly who she was. Her cat like features hadn't changed over the years, and she was still the same lanky slut she was in high school.

It was Jessica.

"Do you remember me or are you gonna keep staring at me like that babe?" She cracked a smile as she placed a scrawny hand on her hip.

"Don't call me babe like we're both over what happened. Why the fuck are you down here? Shouldn't you be home fucking my ex-boyfriend? Oh, I'm sorry, I mean your fiance." I made sure to spit out the last word as ruthlessly as I could.

"You guys know each other?" Tyler asked. I whipped my head towards him as I felt my blood boil.

"I told you that." Jessica said quietly, lighting a cigarette. She still smoked. By some act of providence, her lungs haven't reduced to complete pieces of shit yet.

"What do you mean you told him?" I backed away from Tyler. "How the hell do you even kn-"

I didn't finish my sentence. I knew the answer to my own question. This was the girl Tyler saw behind my back. Out of all people, Jessica. My vision became blurry as my eyes watered.

"Sav, yo-" Tyler reached towards me, but before he could come farther, I shoved his hand away.

"Don't say anything to me. You're a piece of complete dog shit. And so are you." I looked at Jessica as she took a drag of her cigarette. "I hope those fucking kill you one day."

Jess took another drag as she shook her head. I turned around walked off, walking with no specific direction in mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 127 13
Your cousin's bachelorette party heats up when you run into a professional hockey player, Tyler Seguin. Are things going to be serious? Or are you ju...
137K 1.6K 50
When Braelynn Carter's boyfriend of two years dumps her, she thinks nothing is going to ever make her happy. That is, until one day she meets a ho...
154K 1.2K 33
two NHL players come to a girls rescue in a bar, and it changes her life. Social Media/ Real life
87.2K 1.2K 50
Tyler and Tayla have been friends ever since they could remember. Living far apart once his career took off, they never stopped being friends; never...