hatred {editing}

By hemmosocial

How can a person hate someone so much? Well, let me tell you. One person; one person can fill you with so mu... More

blurb
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
[12] Reasons
[13] Betrayal
[14] Breakfast
[15] Unexpected
[16] Mia?
[17] Broken
[18] Blame
[19] Just Kidding
[20] Ice Skating
[21] Parties
[22] Penguins
[23] Webcam Secrets
[24] Promises
[25] Watch Your Back
[26] Liar
[27] Change
[28] Hit
[29] Friends Again and Crushes?
[30] This is the Beginning
[31] Thinking Out Loud
[32] Wisdom Teeth
[33] You Did What?!
[34] The End of The Queen's Reign
[35] Luke's Secret
[36] Heartbroken
[37] Mistakes
[38] Too Late
[39] New Looks
[40] I Love You
[42] No More Secrets
[43] East Sydney
[44] New Places, Old Faces
[45] The Love Doctor
[46] Happy Endings
[47] Not So Good News
[48] The Truth Comes Out
[49] She's Gone
[49.5] NEW STORY
[50] Is This The End? (pt.1)
[51] Is This The End? (pt.2)
To be continued...
SEQUEL IS OUT

[41] Proposal

762 36 15
By hemmosocial

Emily

"Let's go on an adventure." Luke crept behind me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Not now." I shooed him away, "I have a major test tomorrow and I can't afford to fail it."

It had been weeks since the incident at home and Luke hasn't even touched upon the subject.

I knew that he wanted to punch Daniel's guts out but he didn't, and I appreciated that. I didn't need anymore drama or another enemy.

What happened with Daniel was simple.

He worked with me and he wanted the promotion and we were both up for it. He thought that by dating me, he would get my mind off of it. But he was so wrong.

I don't get unfocused because of a boy. That's just stupid. Yes, they may be part of my life but that doesn't mean they're all I think about.

There's school, work and more important things. But there will be someone who is all your life, who loves you and won't make you not focus.

I think I've found that boy all along.

Anyways I got the promotion and he just dumped me on the spot. I was devastated yes and I was not drunk.

I was grateful for the most part that really I didn't need to look for another boyfriend.

Deep down I knew it was Luke but I never faced it because I'm stubborn and I didn't realize how much he meant to me, until now.

The reason I called for Luke because I made a great mistake. I needed him and he seemed like he needed me too.

"C'mon." He chuckled, "You don't have any money so you can't afford anything anyway."

"Shut up." I joked, "I do have money."

"And I have a penguin, but c'mon," he said tugging my arm, "You need to relax."

"You have a test tomorrow too," I raised an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be studying for it too?"

He waved it off and shook his head. "I don't need to study," he scoffed, "I got it all up here." He pointed to his head and grinned.

"Okay, Einstein." I said, flipping through the pages, "What is the square root of 64?"

He thought and snapped, "8."

I slowly clapped and closed my textbook.

"Don't underestimate Luke Hemmings." He said, "My mother is my math teacher, I think I know what I'm doing."

"You better do, Einstein." I joked, stepping out of my chair, "Where are we going?"

He put on his jacket and responded, "It's a surprise."

"God, I hate surprises." I said putting on some jeans and a flannel.

"Then that's great." He said, "Now m'lady off to the wherever I'm taking you!" He opened the door and gestured for me to go through.

I picked up my bag and walked towards the door.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said in a joking manner, passing through the door, "Such a gentleman."

He closed the door behind us, and we walked down the stairs in sync.

"I wonder where you're taking me." I said as we both made our way into the car.

I took my place in the passengers seat and Luke took his place in the driver's seat.

"Wow, it's clean for once." I chuckled, looking around the cleaned car. Luke grinned as he turned the key and headed out of the driveway.

"I'm not a pig Em." He joked, staring into the distance and navigating his way to wherever we were going.

"So how's the band coming along?" I asked, to fill the silence that was deafening.

"It's going great," he said, "We even thought of a name. '5 Seconds of Summer'"

"5 Seconds of Summer?" I repeated, "Cool. I can dig it."

"Yeah. Michael thought of it." He responded as we stopped at the stoplight.

"Hey. I wanted you to listen to this before but you were busy." He passed me a cd labeled '5SOS' and I put it into the player.

"It's some songs we wrote," he explained, "We already showed the other girls, but you weren't there."

I felt bad that I missed all these great memories with them because I was too busy with Daniel.

The first song came on and it was the one I knew by heart.

"So we're taking the long way home..."

I listened to the lyrics of this song and it reminded me of something but I don't know what.

"Now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, you know we took our time to get there..."

It's funny. This reminded me of the time when Luke and I both got stuck in the middle of the forest.

As it got to the end of the song I realized that this might have been about us.

"Hitting every red light, kissing at the stop signs darling, green days on the radio..."

Green Days on the radio?

I continued to listen to the lyrics when Luke turned down the volume.

"I can see the look on your face." He chuckled, "Yes. This song is about the time when we got 'stuck in the middle of nowhere'." He air quoted the lyrics.

"That's what it reminded me of." I face-palmed, "But hitting every red light? Kissing at the stoplights darling?"

"Yes. Green days on the radio." He chuckled.

"You made this song." I confirmed and he nodded.

"Along with Calum, yeah." He said.

"It's a great song." I complimented.

"I do have to tell you that, that incident wasn't an accident." He said, and I was shocked.

"Then what was it?" I asked, curiously as Luke licked his lips.

"I wanted to spend time with you," he explained, "you didn't."

I looked at him looking forward while talking, the ways his lips moved or the way his hands grasped the steering wheel.

"That was the only time when I was alone with you and I didn't want to waste my chance. I went the long way home. I went through the forest but the car breaking down was an accident." He chuckled, "I didn't expect that, but it added to me being able to spend time with you."

He turned the wheel and we entered, into a parking lot. He was searching for a parking spot but still kept on telling his story.

"I didn't know Miranda, and I also thought she was nice." He explained, "Turns out she was one of Hannah's little drones."

I gasped, shocked once again.

"All of that wasn't part of the plan, and my car being taken away wasn't part of my plan either." He said, finally picking the perfect parking spot.

"It sounds lame right? I made this whole plan just to get to spend time with you." He chuckled, shaking his head back and forth, "I'm such a dork."

"You're my dork." I said, "I think it's cute."

"Well, if you think that's cute," he said, running out his door to my door to open it, "then get ready for tonight."

He struggled with the door but then opened it seconds later.

"Ooo," I said, "I'm excited."

He closed the door behind me and went to my side.

"Get ready for the time of your life!" He screamed out into the parking lot.

-

"This is relaxing." I said, kicking the sand with my feet.

Luke brought me to the beach and I was not against it.

It was nighttime so the moon lit bright over the dark waves crashing. The silence filled the air as the waves crashed along the shore.

We took our shoes off and walked along the shore.

"I hope you don't find this boring," Luke said worried, "It's really relaxing though."

"No I love it." I said in response cashing Luke to grin, "It's not everyday we can go to the beach at night alone."

He draped his arm over my shoulder. I tensed because I didn't really know what was going on with Luke and I.

We were with each other all the time. We cuddled, hugged and kissed but never officially were together or even talked about it. It confused me on my part, but I'm sure it confused Luke the same.

His eyes furrowed as he removed his arm from my shoulder and put them into his pockets. Probably embarrassed by this act of affection that I was not up for.

"I think we need to talk." I blurted out.

Luke tensed up and agreed, "I think so too."

"What are we?" I asked, sighing, "We cuddle, we hug and we kiss but I'm confused."

"What do you want us to be?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Why is it my choice? We should decide this together." I said sternly, "Luke, what are we?"

"That's funny you should ask because, I wanted to ask you something that I thought of immensely over the past month." He said, "But I was too nervous to ask."

He knelt down and took a box out of is pocket and I gasped. No this is not happening. Luke is not proposing to me. WE AREN'T EVEN A COUPLE!

"Don't tell me you're proposing-God, Luke we aren't even a couple." I freaked out and he chuckled opening the box. He stood up and showed me what was in the box.

"I'm not proposing to you, not yet anyways, but I wanted to ask you something that I've been wanting to ask you my whole entire life."

I stood there still confused, yet shocked about what was happening.

"This is a promise ring." He took the ring out of the box and showed it to me closely, "It's a promise that we will love each other no matter what. If we don't even end up as lovers, if we don't live our lives together, we will love each other forever."

He took the ring and I held my hand out so he could place it. "May I?" He asked, and I nodded as he put the ring in my finger.

"I have one too." He said, pointing to the ring he had, "But really what I have been dying to ask you was...Emily May Hunter...will you do the honour of being my girlfriend?"

I stood there shocked. What should I say? Should I say yes or no? Thoughts rambled and scrambled around my mind and I knew what the right thing to do was.

"Yes." I said, "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

I jumped up into his arms and surprisingly he caught me. He swayed me back and forth before putting me down with a kiss on my forehead.

"This is the happiest moment of my life." He said, still smiling from the previous events taken place.

"Luke, you do not know how happy I feel right now. I knew you were the one for me the whole time." I confessed.

"This may seem sappy but I have never stopped thinking about you wherever you are. Whether you were with Daniel or Jake or never at my side." He said.

"Okay, enough of the sappy, romantic stuff, I'm going to cry." I said as my eyes started watering.

"You'd still look as beautiful." Luke complimented and I lightly shoved him.

"Shut up." I said, looking at his piercing blue eyes.

"Let's have some fun." Luke said, taking off his shirt.

I raised an eyebrow and was unaware of what was happening or about to happen.

"Luke..." I said sternly, "What are you doing?"

"You can't go to the beach without swimming." He said, taking off his shorts revealing his taco underwear.

I laughed at the sight and he proudly stood there.

"We are a couple. There are no secrets between us. For example, I have taco underwear." He said.

I still kept on laughing at the sight before Luke had picked me up and I was dangling from his grasp.

"Put me down!" I giggled, as he spun me around.

"No, not until you agree to swim with me." He argued, continuing to hold me up in the air.

"Fine," I said in between laughs, "I'll swim with you."

He let me down and I pulled off my shirt and my shorts revealing my bra and underwear, unmatched as usual.

We threw our clothes on the ground and ran all the way to the water which was already cold.

"It's really c-cold." I said, shivering hugging my body to keep warm.

I felt Luke's arms surround me and he hugged in a tight embrace. "Warmer now?" He asked, grinning.

"I'm Luke-warm." I giggled as Luke rolled his eyes at my lame pun.

"Oh Emily, your puns never fail to make me laugh." He said sarcastically.

"Shut up, it was good." I said.

"You're good." He said smugly, as he started to kiss my neck.

"That sounds as if I'm food." I chuckled, as Luke continued what he was doing.

"You're delicious." He smiled, grinning at his disgusting joke.

"You're disgusting." I giggled, turning to face him.

He kissed me on the forehead and I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same.

"Don't ever leave me okay." I said looking up into his eyes.

"There will never be a day where I will leave you. Never ever." He said, kissing me on the forehead one more time before I pressed my head against his chest.

I knew he was genuine but what will happen when he becomes a rockstar with his band. Will he leave me then?

-

This is seriously my fav chapter because it's so cute ugh the feels man

Anywho I finished writing this at 1am so y'all should appreciate this

Thanks for everything and I'm sorry about the large amount of song references in this book. I can't help it lol

-ashley

Twitter: @/5sosalerte

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 3.7K 53
5sos FanFic
5.8K 283 22
Some people just can't handle the spotlight shining on them. TW: s**f h**m, s*****de, r**e Sequel to Disobedient Trilogy to Little Miss 5SOS
1.2K 167 36
You wanna know the real reason why Luke and Michael hated each other at first? A girl, with the most beautiful long dark brown wavy hair. Eyes so blu...