Ninja Go (Male Reader)

By TurtleForTheWin

A male reader insert of coming into the world of Ninjago. The Master of Wind and one of the protectors of the... More

Ep 0.1 - Way of the Ninja
Ep 0.2 - The Golden Weapons
Ep 0.3 - King of Shadows
Ep 0.4 - Weapons of Destiny
Ep 1 - Rise of the Snakes
Ep 2 - Home
Ep 3 - Snakebit
Ep 4 - Never Trust A Snake
Ep 5 - Can of Worms
Ep 6 - The Snake King
Ep 7 - Tick Tock
Ep 8 - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Ep 9 - The Royal Blacksmiths
Ninja Go: (M/n)'s love interest
Part 1 - Third times the charm...right?
Part 2 - Third times the charm... right?
Ep 10 - The Green Ninja
Ep 11 - All of Nothing
Ep 12 - The Rise of the Great Devourer
Ep 13 - Day of the Great Devourer
S2: Ep 14 - Darkness Shall Rise
Ep 15 - Pirates vs. Ninja
Ep 16 - Double Trouble
Ep 18 - Child's Play
Ep 17 - Ninjaball Run
Ep 19 - Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Ep 20 - The Stone Army
Ep 21 - The Day Ninjago Stood Still
Ep 22 - The Last Voyage
Ep 23 - Island of Darkness
Ep 24 - The Last Hope
Ep 25 - Return of the Overlord
Ep 26 - Rise of the Spinjitzu Master
S3: Ep 27 - The Surge
Ep 28 - The Art of the Silent Fist
Ep 29 - Blackout
Ep 30 - The Curse of the Golden Master
Ep 31 - Enter the Digiverse
Ep 32 - Codename: Arcturus
Ep 33 - The Void
Ep 34 - The Titanium Ninja
S4: Ep 35 - The Invitation
Ep 36 - Only One Can Remain
Ep 37 - Versus
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Persistence
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Discord
The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: The Clock is Ticking
Ep 41 - Rise of the Dragon
Ep 42 - The Day of the Dragon
Ep 44 - The Corridor of Elders
S5: Ep 45 - Winds of Change
Ep 46 - Ghost Story
Ep 000: We Need to Talk

Ep 43 - The Greatest Fear of All

2.4K 144 76
By TurtleForTheWin

Midway through tailing the enemy, the ninja received an emergency call from Nya, making them reluctantly give up the chase. Knowing the severity of the situation, the ninja dropped their mission immediately and made haste back to Nya's location.

"We got here as fast as we could."

Nya pulls up a map of Ninjago: a huge red coordinate point and a line of blue nearing it are projected. "Twenty noodle trucks have been spotted heading toward Ninjago City, just fifty clicks away."

"Let me guess, they ain't hauling noodles," Cole said as he looked between the team.

"Twenty trucks could hold two hundred Anacondrai. If they get to the city before we do, the city will be theirs." Zane avers.

Garmadon stared at the screen. "And they'll have achieved the pivotal first foothold in the war."

"We have to stop them!" Lloyd exclaims.

"I've already warned the others to head them off at the pass. They should be able to hold the line until you offer support. I had them equip themselves so we could communicate." Nya explains before Shade appears on the screen.

"We're in position. If they show up, we'll be sure to put up a fight."

"They're coming to your location soon."

"I see them. Let's show them what we're made of."

On-screen, the team witnessed the Masters summon their dragons and charge forward before abruptly stopping. Shade's smug face morphs into confusion. "The trucks. They're going every which way."

Jay stepped forward in disbelief, "What do you mean? Aren't they going to Ninjago City?"

"I don't know where they're going, but they ain't going together."

Misako waves everyone to a table. There, a digital map is laid out. She quickly selects multiple coordinates surrounding the red point. "There are over twelve densely populated villages within a ten-click radius."

Kai's eyes widen. "They aren't planning to launch one attack; they're planning multiple."

"What do we do? You told us to stay together."

Garmadon clenches his fist. He looks at the ninja, "Chen knows you can't take you all on at once. He's trying to split you up."

You stare at the map in front of you. You carefully examine the map, looking for a way to cut them off, but a sudden realization dawns on you about Chen's habits. Lloyd had previously informed you of new information he had learned from his father about the Serpentine War, which occurred 40 years ago. Chen was the cause of it, fooling both sides into turning against each other. He manipulates the war for his own gain, playing both sides like a game of chess. Chen's foul play puts you on edge, as he is unpredictable. Your stomach churns, and hearing your heart beat in your ears tunes you out of your own head and into your internal monologue. You struggle to decipher Chen's true plan and have a gut feeling about Chen's alleged plan and splitting up, not because Chen is trying to split you guys up but because that is his true intention, if that makes sense. The noodle trucks are most likely a diversion for Chen to strike Ninjago. If anything, there's nothing in those trucks, but the fear of relying on a simple hunch and being wrong prevents you from speaking up. You would be putting the mission at stake.

Ugh. Villains like Chen are always a pain.

You held your tongue back and kept quiet.

"But even if just one of those trucks makes it to a village, the people won't be able to defend themselves." Misako claim.

Lloyd suddenly jumped into this stressful situation, saying, "We have to protect the people. Tell the Elemental Fighters we have to split up. We'll each intercept a truck and stop it from reaching those villages."

"What ever happened to 'we fight as one?'" Jay said.

"This isn't a vote, Jay. This is stopping the end of our world as we know it," Garmadon argued. Jay sighed heavily and then nodded in agreement. He and the others ran off to track down the trucks.

Your dragon's wings accelerate thanks to your assistance. Your goggles protected your eye from drying out and getting any debris in it, allowing you to put as much force into your wind current as you pleased. You had to hurry. You were determined to catch the trucks before they got away. With the sound of rushing wind passing by your ears, you pushed your dragon as fast as it could go. The panic that was rising, growing, becoming more difficult to control and swallow. Your paranoia about the possibility of your hunch being correct was driving you forward. You had to be sure; you had to know. Your stomach was doing flips out of anxiety, and the adrenaline pumping into you was insufferable. You hope that you were wrong and that this was all just a product of your own overactive imagination.

You're heading east, through canyons and ravines.

Finally, you're able to spot one of Chen's noodle trucks driving along the mountain cliffhanger as it zig-zags along the dangerous curves of the mountainside. Let's do this quickly and tell the others... I hope I'm wrong about this.

You make your dragon blast a gust of wind at the truck from its mouth. The truck swerves dangerously, and you watch as it drifts toward the edge of the cliff. The truck teeters precariously at the edge before plunging off into the nearby canyon. The driver lets out a blood-curdling scream. As you watch the truck fall further and further away, you dive toward it.

"Gotcha!"

Your dragon grabs the truck with its talons and returns it to the road recklessly. You then deactivate your dragon, landing soundly next to the vehicle. You walk behind the truck and open the doors to see nothing inside. You clench your jaw. Shit!

Your hand immediately presses the button on your communicator. You walk to the driver's seat as you talk into the com: "The trucks were a diversion. There's nothing inside. I repeat. There's noth—" A high-pitched ring suddenly fills your ears. You flinch and pull the bracelet away. "What the? Fuck! I'm not getting through them!"

You reach the front and pull open the door. You yank the driver out of his seat, ignoring his cries of pain. You throw the snake against the mountainside and use your wind to hold him against it. The snake hisses in anger, and you can feel him struggling against your binds.

You march up to him with a scowl, forcing his neck up the wall so he won't strike you with his teeth. You could feel the intensity of your own anger and push it down. "What's Chen's plan?" you seethe.

The driver scoffs and turns his head away from you. Your hands tighten into fists, and your face begins to flush as frustration builds within you. Time was running out, and your side was backed into a corner as Chen's plan moved forward. You take a deep breath and try to regain your composure. You had to think quickly and come up with something—a plan, an idea, anything.

You grin insanely. "Oh, ho, ho?" you admit, chuckling. "Not quite the talker, I see. Well, how about I change your mind?" You grab the driver's collar and drag him to the cliff. You look into his eyes. "Do you see that cliff? If you don't start talking, I'm going to throw you in it." You dangle him over the edge.

The driver's eyes went wide at the bottomless drop. Fear surged through his veins as he stared into the abyss of uncertainty below. He screams. Although he's an Anacondrai, that doesn't mean he's immoral. His heart raced as his mind filled with doubt and fear of the unknown, but his heart soon calmed down once he realized he was dealing with a ninja. You wouldn't kill him because it violates the Protectors of Ninjago code; instead, you saved lives. With that thought, his mind was put at ease, and he smirked and let out a low chuckle. He looks up to make a smart remark, but his blood suddenly goes cold—colder than normal for a cold-blooded reptile.

He felt your cold eyes pierce through his soul. His chuckle died as he saw the lack of emotion on your face, and he felt a chill that was far beyond what his natural reptilian body could experience. Your eyes showed how seriously and willingly you would follow through with the threat. He silently gulped, feeling a sudden and all-encompassing fear course through him as he realized how real your threat was: you would drop him. And your wicked grin reminded him of his master's. He could feel his heart racing as he realized the gravity of the situation. He was in a predicament like no other, and although his pride refused to let him show fear, he could not contain the terror that threatened to swallow him whole. His body told him to run. He thrashes in your grasp, but your grip on him slowly loosens. He starts pleading for his life and latches onto your arms.

"Okay. Okay! Chen is heading toward Five Star Village! From there, he will conquer the entire Eastern Seaboard. Follow Traveler's Path to reach the order Chen will next hit. And then they will be ready to conquer the West. Please! That's all I kno—" He feels himself hang lower. "NO! That's really all I know! Please! Just let me go!" He starts crying.

You cackle. "Are you hearing yourself? You're asking me to let you go? Over the edge? Man, you really do have some requests. Because I'll gladly comply." You grin devilishly. Your grip loosens. The driver whimpers as he rapidly shakes his head.

You drop him.

A scream echoes in the canyon. You spin on your heel and walk over to the truck. To keep track of the seconds he's falling, you whistle a tune you learned from Zane.

3

You search the back of the truck.

4

You spot a rope tied to a hook.

5

You grab it and tug on it to check its durability. You smirk.

6

A gush of wind suddenly gushes out from the canyon as you drop down. An audible-quick screamer shoots out before landing in front of you.

With an unconscious foe lying on the pavement, you tie him up with the rope. You clean the dust off your hands and give a friendly smile. "Thanks for the info, bye-bye!"

You run toward the edge and jump. You form your dragon and fly to the east, heading toward Five Star Village. The driver watches you disappear from sight and lets out a shaky sigh. He stays put, not wanting to risk it.

You fly over mountains and land. The air blows past you as you rush over to reach the village. You try to contact the team once again. "The trucks were a diversion. Chen's plan is to control the eastern seaboard, hitting Five Star Village first, before continuing to conquer the west. Regroup at—" The com becomes static. You grew irritated. "Work, you stupid thing!" You hit the com repeatedly, hoping for the static to go away, but it stays the same. You tsk and walk away.

I can at least hold back Chen before the others arrive.

From a distance, you can see gray clouds blending in with the white. Your stomach drops the moment you realize the all-too-familiar sight. You dive below the clouds, and your eyes widen. As smoke spreads across Five Star Village, it emits from different parts of the village and into the sky. Burning huts, destroyed homes, and ruined lives greet you in the aftermath of war. Fear fills your veins as you try to take in the sight of so much destruction.

Flashes of the horrid orphanage fire switch between the present and past. A chill runs down your spine as you take in the sights; feelings of fear and confusion overwhelm you. The structure of the orphanage was unrecognizable, with only charred remains of what was once so inviting. You shut your eyes tightly, trying to get rid of those memories. You take a deep breath, hoping to calm yourself, but the smell of smoke still lingers. This wasn't the time to reflect on your feelings; the priority is to stop Chen.

You witness the chaos and destruction Chen has brought to the village. People were running for their lives, children were separated from their parents, and homes were burned to the ground. You clench your fist. You were too late. Your heart races, and rage consumes you at what not only Chen has done but also you. You knew that if you had only arrived a few moments earlier, you might have been able to save the villagers from Chen's tyranny. The villagers have done nothing to deserve this.

Your eyes harden as your hands squeeze the reins. You had to act, and fast. You scour the village in the sky to look for any sign of Chen. The smells of smoke and burning wood filled your nostrils as you rode over the horizon, marking the destruction left by him. Your heart pounded with anticipation as you surveyed the ruins of what was once a vibrant village. You frantically searched for any survivors and clues to his whereabouts.

You quickly found an Andricondrai post being set up. A gust of wind from your dragon shoots it down. Due to the attack, you watch as soldiers retreat to the damage and assess the situation. With no time, you summon your wind to throw soldiers off the mountain. As the soldiers were swept away, you watched as the soldiers of Andricondrais scrambled to patch up the damage. With a wave of your hand, the wind changed directions, repairing the broken walls and turrets. There were no villagers in sight, so that brought you relief. After wiping out Chen's post and its remaining forces, you breathed a sigh of relief. You land in a clearing in the village.

After taking a moment to take in your surroundings, you realized that the village had been abandoned for some time. The silence of the abandoned village was eerily peaceful and almost calming. As you walked around, you put out fires with your wind. The buildings were in disrepair, and the streets were strewn with debris. You observe the crumbling walls of the dwellings, the burnt fields, and the charred houses and burn marks from the fires that once swept through what had once been a thriving and vibrant community. There was an unmistakable emptiness in the air that brought with it a heavy feeling of sorrow and agony. As you take in this tragic scene, the only thing that can be heard is the rustling of leaves and the whistle of the wind. The charred smell lingers in the air, and you can almost hear the screams of those who lost their homes.

You feel your chest tighten as the realization of the pain and grief you've experienced sets in. Everywhere you look, there is destruction and despair. This sensation transports you back in time as you stare helplessly at the burning building that you once called home with everyone you loved in it. You recall all the memories of growing up in that home, the happy times, and now they're all gone. You stand there, motionless and in shock, as the memories of your past rush through your mind. But this wasn't the time to collapse. You take a deep breath and remember that you have a job to do.

You have a purpose, and you need to focus on that purpose. The adrenaline pumping into you was the only thing keeping you standing and not mentally breaking. Your body seemed to be on autopilot as you continued to move, making sure that the tasks at hand were completed. You sprint around the village, asking if anyone is there and needs help and that it's safe to come out.

You don't know how much time has passed since you spotted a villager's arm sticking out of debris from a collapsed shed. You sprint to them, calling out for any response. After receiving no response, you frantically began to dig the person out from underneath the debris. With your heart pounding, you use your power for assistance. You move large chunks of wood and other materials out of the way in a desperate attempt to find the villager. Once thrown to the side, you look back to see a child lying there. You grab the unresponsive child and hold him in your arms, finding him severely injured. You felt a rush of emotions—fear and relief all at once. You immediately put your head against his chest, listening for any heartbeat. When that didn't work, you checked the boy's neck to find a pulse. Unresponsive. You then examine his wrist.

Nothing.

You cursed under your breath. Panic crept into your chest as you quickly checked his airway, only to find you couldn't do anything to save him. You closed your eyes, the reality of the situation sinking in. Tears stinging your eyes, you realize that no matter how hard you try, there is nothing that can be done. You felt a sense of guilt and grief wash over you. Taking a deep breath, you slowly opened your eyes and stood up. You had done all that you could, and now you needed to accept the consequences. Your body felt heavy as you carried the child along the village road to find an appropriate burial place. After laying the child in the ground and covering them with dirt, you stood there numb. You had failed to save this innocent life and who knows how many others, yet your mind kept repeating that you could have done something more. You felt a hollow sensation in the pit of your stomach as you stared at the small mound of dirt, not being able to shake off the guilt of having been unable to prevent this tragedy.

Villagers slowly begin to come out of hiding, many of them on the brink of tears, looking at their homes with a mixture of sorrow and disbelief. You can see the same anguish in their eyes. As they stared at the charred remains of what was once a thriving village, they could not believe that the life they had built and the bonds of love and community they had nurtured had been destroyed in a matter of minutes.

You wanted to offer comfort, to say something that could soothe the pain in their hearts, but you had no words. As you watched them survey the ruins, you knew what they must have been going through. You didn't have a speech of comforting words but instead used service to help them the best you could. You assisted them in finding temporary shelter, scavenged for any remaining food and replenished any necessities, treated the injured, sought rescue, reunited families, and shared stories to make them laugh. and to distract from their grief. You found death. Although you knew your service could not erase their pain, it brought them comfort in a time of distress, reminding them that they were not alone. The guilt of finding several bodies weighed heavily on your shoulders as you worked through the evening, feeling that although you had been able to help, it was a small consolation for the suffering of so many.

You searched through the ruins of the city, looking for the remaining survivors and offering them aid. Knowing you can't stay here any longer and are needed in the upcoming battle, you assign groups to those who can do the job. You make sure to give them detailed instructions on how they can help the survivors, including how they can band together and form a self-sustaining community in the coming weeks. As you moved to leave, although it felt like you had done all you could, the guilt still lingered in your mind. It was hard to let go, knowing what you were going to find behind Chen's path was going to be a difficult one. Summoning your dragon, you took off into the sky, and you looked back at the villagers that grew smaller by each yard. You could only hope that with the help of the villagers and their newfound resilience, they would be able to survive what lay ahead.

---

You follow the trail of overrun villages, the smoke emitting into the sky as the sun beats down, and your heart sinks with the realization of what you are seeing. As you come closer, you can hear the screams of agony, see the destruction in the ruins, and smell burning wood. Swallowing the guilt, you rush to aid the villages. You dismantle Chen's posts and men to ensure the village's freedom. Taking out the last of Chen's troops, you secure the village's freedom and set to work salvaging what's left of their homes and businesses and tending to the wounded. You couldn't stay there long, but you tried your best to help them. You delegated tasks to a group of people before leaving.

You don't know how long it's been since the takeover. You flew through the air. As you soared away from the scene, you looked back one last time with hope in your heart. You were mentally and physically tired, but you fought it. You pushed through, even though you had no idea when you would collapse. As you fought off the exhaustion, a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment ran through your body from your dragon, which has yet to disappear. You laughed, and you could only guess that you were stubborn enough to not let fear control you. As you followed the trail Chen left you, repeating the process of destroying Chen's control of the Eastern Seaboard and saving villages, you seemed to have reached a village that was in the midst of being attacked by Chen's army. You grin, knowing that you have finally caught up to him. You quickly survey the situation through the skies, witnessing Anacrodrai seizing homes and residents. You notice Chen himself in the village center, orchestrating the chaos. You knew that you had to act quickly, but you couldn't charge in there. It's one against who knows how many? You'll be killed, and all that you have done will have been for nothing. So you'll try to avoid any further casualties. You formulate a plan in your head: you quickly and quietly gather some of the local villagers.

You land in the village's neighboring forest. The tall forest has vibrant green foliage and is near a pathway that leads down the mountain, leading to the village. You cautiously make your way down the path until you finally reach the village.

Destruction lay ahead of you: soldiers demolished the buildings, villagers fled with their families while being chased, and hostages built Chen's post. You sneak around, traveling behind what's left of buildings, and search for villagers. You move quickly and quietly, carefully avoiding the patrolling soldiers. When you find some who are hiding or cornered by soldiers, you defend them without attracting attention. You gently guide them back to the path you came from, explaining the detour they can avoid. The villagers comply with your orders, and you can feel their desperation and relief. Undetected, the villagers safely escape, and you continue your search for any villagers you could help. As you wander through the village, your mission is to save as many people as possible. You come across more soldiers, but you keep your distance and make sure not to alert them of your presence.

As you continue your search, you almost run into Chen and his troops. You immediately duck behind a nearby wall, desperately hoping that you haven't been seen. You press yourself against it to eavesdrop on the conversation. You listen carefully, attempting to discern what Chen is up to.

"Haha! Run! Haha! Run away! Oh, watch your step. I feel sorry for them, Zugu. They rely so heavily on the ninja. They don't know what to do when they're not here. Doesn't anyone here want to fight? Haha! Onward, my slithering soldiers, until we taken over the entire Eastern Seaboard! After our conquer, we will then march through the Corridor of Elders to reach the West. We'll proceed to our next village, Merwon, where we will—"

"(Y/n), are you there?"

A blinking gray light illuminates your hand as you slap it onto your bracelet. Your breath gets caught in your throat, and your shoulders tense. The hairs on your back stood, and suddenly, a rush of adrenaline ran through you, and you heard your heart pounding rapidly in your chest. Your cover has been blown. You hope Nya's voice wasn't loud enough to be heard. You silently curse yourself, desperately searching for an escape plan. You take a deep breath, trying to keep your breathing under control, and your eyes dart around the room for an escape route. Unfortunately, Chen calls out to you in outrage. Chen's words hang in the air, and you can feel the rage radiating off him. You freeze in fear, with your mind racing and your heart pounding. You swallow the lump in your throat, desperately thinking of what to do. In a panic, you stupidly look around the corner, only to immediately regret it when you get spotted. You stare at them like a deer in headlights.

"How did he find us?"

"Forget about that. He knows too much. Destroy him!" Chen yells.

Your pupils dilate, and you sprint out of there. You can feel the panic rising within you as Chen's orders echo in your mind.

Adrenaline courses through your veins, and your heart hammers against your chest as you search for a way out that wouldn't lead them to the villagers you rescued. You can hear their footsteps on the rocky ground, getting closer. You ran past the rubble and fallen structures, around sharp corners, and through crevices as small as you were. You cleared your throat and talked into your com, "Hey Nya, you called at a very bad time, but never mind that; I'm at Juoze Village, where Chen is—"

Before you could finish, you were interrupted by a loud crash and heard 'fire' behind you before hearing gunshots and explosions going off. You increased your speed, running as fast as you could, trying to outrun the bullets that whizzed past your ears. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, ducking behind various structures while being careful not to step in the line of fire. Your heart raced as you frantically ran, wishing to put as much distance between yourself and them as possible. You could feel your lungs burning and sweat dripping down your face as you tried to make it to safety. You cover your head with your arms and duck for cover as rumble falls around you. You pant heavily and try to see through the cloud of debris. Through the dust, you can make out a large boulder. You make a mad dash for the rock, and with one final leap, you find yourself in relative safety. You huddle behind it to catch your breath, the smell of smoke still in the air, before scrambling to your feet and running through the village. Trying not to stumble over the debris, you look back to see flames rising up into the sky, like an orange blanket slowly engulfing the sky. You hear the screams of people and animals, the crumbling of buildings, and the crackling of the fire.

You try connecting to the line so they know your location and become backup. "Chen's plan is to take over the entire Eastern Seaboard before moving onto the West. If you can't reach him in Merwon Village, confront him in the Corridor of Elders—shit."

After you turned a corner, you were greeted with a weapon aimed at you, causing you to freeze in your tracks. You buried the panic that began to rise and instead thought of how you were going to get out of this situation. Taking a deep breath and steadying your nerves, you steeled yourself for whatever consequences this confrontation might bring.

"(Y/n), is everything okay over there?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but the serpent in the mech that stood in front of you answered her instead. "Not for long. Let's see how many seconds it takes for a person to breathe their final breath."

You kept your face firm, not showing any fear to please him. The pressure of the rest of Chen's soldiers finding you was making you anxious. You grin. "How about a snake's?"

Once he slightly let his guard down with a face of confusion, with a flick of your hand, you threw him into a wall with your wind. You look pleased with the damage you inflicted. You turn to leave, but a chilling voice stops you in your tracks.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you~"

You clench your jaw. Chen. You say, never turning around, "Now why would I do that?"

He giggles. "Oh, well, I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate their hero leaving them to die."

Your eyes widen, and you flinch. You dread hearing what he's talking about. Mustering up the courage, you glance back, and your eyes widen as your voice gets caught in your throat.

You see a standard family in front of him, with a blaster pointed at them, and him in a helicopter hovering behind them. Chen has leveled the playing field. He put you in a position where you couldn't abandon the family. Chen had seemingly managed to turn the odds in his favor, as there seemed to be no way out. Your morals wouldn't let you. From the trauma you faced as a child to the honorable code of being a ninja. Your top priority shifted to getting the family out of harm's way. You had to play your cards smartly when dealing with a villain like Chen. You tried buying yourself time to come up with a plan for the family to leave unscathed.

You knew that Chen had the upper hand and that you could only hope to slow down his process until you had a chance to create an escape plan. You calmly take a step back and divert your gaze, trying to create the illusion of being unfazed. You grin sinisterly, "It's true, but what makes you so sure?" You look at him with half-lidded eyes and a relaxed posture.

Chen's eyes seem to twinkle with amusement. He claps his hands with excitement: "That's the spirit! I like your attitude. You would make an even better predecessor than the Master of Fire!"

Your guard was up. When was Kai involved with Chen like that?

You laughed. "Kai? He was fit to be your predecessor? You've got to be kidding me. He doesn't even have the balls to finish the job! Nonetheless, his thick head would've messed up any progress that could have been made." You dryly chuckle. "How about this? Why don't we start now and leave this village as a present for the ninja? Forgot the family, the mercy of leaving them alive would result in them living to see everything they own and love destroyed, eventually causing resentment towards the heroes who weren't there to stop any of this."

You catch a glimpse of the shaken family as he rubs his chin in thought. You see the father shielding his family as the mother tries to comfort their children, making your eyes slightly soften. You redirect your attention to Chen, as he's processing the bargain. You knew it was nonsense, and he was putting on a show for his own entertainment. Your expression remained unchanged as you refused to give him what he desired. You stealthily put a hand behind your back and wave a finger, commanding the wind to slightly carry the family away repeatedly.

"Oh, what a wonderful idea that is! But where's the fun in that?" Chen's voice boasted, and a maniacal smirk grew on his face. Malicious intent gleams through half-closed eyes as he holds your stare. "My way would be to kill two birds with one stone." You hear a gun charge up and direct its nuzzle at the hostages.

Your eyes widen. A beam of light shines from the nuzzle, and your body moves on instinct. You unconsciously summoned the support of the wind on your heels and ran towards the family just as you heard a gunshot.

"No!"

I won't let another family suffer. Not this time.

You found yourself in front of the parents and wailing children. You could see the anguish in their eyes—despair that felt so familiar. Immediately, you muster a barrier of wind surrounding everyone.

A piercing pain shot through your mid-upper back. You gritted your teeth and tried to ignore it, drawing strength into the barrier. Ringing bounces off the walls in your ears. The barrier was barely able to keep the deadly onslaught of sound at bay, but you managed to remain focused. Your body propels forward, assuming you collided with a structure because the debris obscured your vision. You grit your teeth in pain and take a deep breath. The world around you blurs as if you are underwater. Your consciousness is somewhere between awake and asleep. You sink into the pain, willing it to ease. You struggle to maintain your focus as the pain radiates through your body and your mind starts to drift away. You try to stay awake at the moment and take note of each sensation that you're feeling, even if it is hard to endure. You concentrate on breathing and try to stay connected to your inner strength, knowing that it will soon pass. You refuse to drop the barrier. The wind rushed past you before everything turned black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 128 44
(undergoing an edit!) (Parts that I add will be in bold) Cole boyfriend scenarios. I will write a book for all 5 ninja, in every book I will bring a...
15.2K 401 42
When suddenly everything is falling apart by a certain Ninjago princess. (Y / N) and her best friend decide to find their master. Unfortunately, fate...
348K 9.3K 26
Honestly, it's not easy being the sister to the guy who can zap you whenever he chooses. I mean I love him and all... I remember the day it all start...
28K 988 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...