Anemoia • Mikaelsons mate

By Vanghoegh2

Anemoia A nostalgic sense of longing for a past you yourself have never lived. 18-year-old Florence Beauchêne... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 4

1.7K 89 0
By Vanghoegh2

• • • New Orleans, May 1821 • • •

"How handsome you are, young master Marcellus." Charlotte gushes as she buttons his jacket up for him. She and the boy both knew he was more than capable to do so himself but she loved to dote on him and he loved her affections.

Marcel grins at the woman who was kneeled in front of him. Charlotte's kindness was in stark contrast to how he had been treated in the years prior to meeting Niklaus and his kind family.

"Thank you, Charlotte." Marcel shyly leans in to press a swift kiss on Charlotte's cheek.

"You are very welcome Marcellus. Now, I think Master Niklaus is looking for you. Something about going out into the city together?" Charlotte's voice is teasing as she tickles Marcel's stomach briefly.

Marcel lets out a joyous laugh before running off to find his adoptive father, eager to spend time with him.

"You spoil him." A voice calls out behind her.

Charlotte turns around and swiftly bows her head to greet the man. "Apologies, sir. I did not see you there."

"You didn't answer my question." Kol remarks as he gazes interestedly at the many bright colored stains on Charlotte's apron and skirts. She must have been in Niklaus's studio earlier, a concept he disliked quite a bit.

"It wasn't a question, sir." Charlotte fires back before offering the man an innocent smile.

Kol lets out a playful groan, he did like it when she used formal titles with him, especially in that sarcastic tone of hers. "Hmm, right you are. Fine, let me reformulate. Why are you insistent on spoiling him?"

Charlotte resists the urge to narrow her eyes at Kol, he almost sounded jealous. "Because he is a child who has known little love and affection up until now. He's a kind young man, deserving of lots of laughter and affection."

"How philanthropic of you, darling." Kol comments wryly, barely stopping himself from rolling his eyes.

Unable to stop herself she blurts out the first thought that comes up in her head. She had seen Kol's impulsive and destructive behavior up close when he awoke from his subdued state and knew what the man was capable of when in a foul mood. "You're not going to harm him, are you?"

"My dear Lottie, do you believe me capable of injuring Nik's... son?" Kol slowly takes a step towards Charlotte, who in turn shuffles back a little. She enjoyed playing this game as much as he did. He grins when she quirks an eyebrow. "Yes, it's probably best if you don't answer that question."

Staying silent, Charlotte takes another step back as her eyes remain focused on Kol's. His intent gaze warmed her cheeks and she nearly curses as she bumps into the dresser. The blush only worsens when Kol takes a firm hold on her arms to steady her.

Charlotte closes her eyes for a mere second when Kol nuzzles at her temple, lips brushing over her cheekbone, before turning her head slightly to look Kol in the eye again.

"You really like him." Kol remarks when he notices he can't distract Charlotte with the small affections which usually make her melt.

"Although I am nothing but a simple maid-"

"You are not just a maid, darling." Kol intterupts at once.

Charlotte smiles softly at Kol, appreciating his reminder. He had often enough reprimanded her for talking down on herself. Yes, she was a maid, and yes she was a woman with little rights, but she was also his great love. Although that is what he claimed and despite her sensible and sober state of mind, she preferred to believe his version of reality. "I shall rephrase it. Although I am no family of his or share the same standing, I am very fond of him."

"I assume this means I cannot severely maim or traumatize him?" Kol asks in a teasing tone while prodding with his finger in Charlotte's side, drawing a giggle from the girl, before leaning in to let their lips meet.

"You are a menace, sir. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to-" Charlotte grabs the nearest pile of dirty sheets and tries to scurry off. She knew Kol wouldn't care who walked in on them but she did. Charlotte rather liked her job and facing the embarrassment of being caught by Niklaus, or worse, Elijah would be too much to bear.

Kol let out a playful rumble as he pulls on Charlotte's skirt to halt her.

"If I can't bother the boy, let me at least bother you."

Charlotte pushes softly at Kol's arms which were now wrapped around her waist, pulling her to his chest. "You mean like the last time you bothered me?"

"Exactly." Kol smirks while burying his face in the crook of Charlotte's neck, placing light kisses on her skin.

"I don't think so, sir. Last time I had to cover up your love bites for over two weeks." Charlotte scolds softly, hoping dearly that the other Mikaelsons wouldn't overhear their conversation.

"I will be kind and heal you afterward, how does that sound, love? Will you now allow me to get another taste of your delightful wetness?" Kol was intent on making this girl writhe beneath him until she would go limp in his arms.

"Kol, how very inappropriate-" Charlotte's tirade is cut short when Kol presses his lips against hers again, letting all objections melt away.

• • • New Orleans, present-day • • •

Florence lets out an annoyed groan as she feels her shoulder being shaken. How very rude of this person to wake her just when things started to heat up. She wanted to see more of Kol and Charlotte's scandalous affair, it seemed like something that only happened in the romance novels her mother read and Florence was eager to get to the good parts.

"Hey, are you alright? Do you remember me?" Marcel shakes Florence's shoulder again when he notices her increased heartbeat.

"Marcellus?" Florence mumbles as she rubs her eyes tiredly. Once awake she gets into a seated position. He had put her on one of the couches and she feels heat rise to her cheeks when she realizes he had lifted her on it. Shame floods through her at that mental image.

"How do you know that name?" Marcel asks after he had overcome the initial shock of hearing her utter his full name.

"You told me earlier."

Marcel does his best not to snap at the girl. She looked sincerely confused and she wasn't the first young human he had dealt with, he knew he had to be sensible, kind and even patient. "No, I told you my name was Marcel. Marcellus is my full name. How do you know it?"

"I don't. I... dreamt the name." Florence replies lamely, knowing how dumb she sounded.

"You dreamt my name... explain." Marcel demands, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly. He ignores the embarrassed expression of the girl, far too interested in hearing her explanation.

"I can't tell you because you will think I am mental." Florence sighs while rubbing her face with her hands. Touring New Orleans was draining, fainting on top of that didn't exactly benefit her energy levels.

"Try me."

"I-" Florence abruptly closes her mouth when a man walks up to them. The man taps on Marcel's shoulder to draw his attention. Florence awkwardly averts her gaze after Marcel excuses himself. She rises from the couch and gazes around, admiring the interior of the compound.

"What is it?" Marcel asks, managing a calm tone. The fact that Florence knew his name upset him more than he let on, seeing as it had been quite some time since he had been called Marcellus.

"We have a... problem." Thierry mutters as he curiously eyes the young girl.

"Deal with it." Marcel replies curtly. He notices how his vampires were becoming antsy with the human girl in their territory and he himself was feeling a little on edge as well.

"I think it would be best if you were to make an appearance at the Lafayette cemetery." Thierry urges, his gaze meeting Marcel's. The witches have once again tried to challenge the authority of the daywalkers and Thierry knew they wouldn't take his word. Only Marcel could deliver the right amount of charms, flair, and threats to get through to them.

Marcel lets Thierry's words sink in before looking back at Florence. He was eager to know who and what he was dealing with, which made it harder for him to send her off. Florence had a certain air about her and Marcel was sure he was dealing with more than a simple human being.

"Thierry, I want you to escort young Florence back to her hotel. Don't let her out of your sight under any circumstances. Protect her." Marcel looks intently at his confidant, hoping the message was clear. Should Thierry fail, the vampire would be permitted to spend a few decades in The Garden.

At Thierry's curt nod, Marcel strides towards Florence again. The girl had been warily eyeing the multiple men and women that had gathered in the main area. "Florence, unfortunately, I have some business to take care of. Would it be alright to meet again tomorrow, around noon?"

Florence looks at Marcel and his too bright of a smile. He seemed a little twitchy, on edge. She knew she couldn't and shouldn't trust this man, but he was her only lead so far, so she nods.

"Fantastic. My friend Thierry here will bring you back to your hotel." Marcel offers and gestures towards Thierry, who nods his head in greeting.

"That won't be necessary." Florence replies at once. She didn't feel the need for a babysitter, especially not one she had just met and who eyed her like his next meal.

"Please, I insist. I wouldn't want you to get lost." Marcel tries, smile faltering slightly at the girl's reluctance.

"I'm sure I can manage, thanks." Florence gives Marcel and Thierry a short smile before quickly walking off, leaving the compound behind.

"What do you want me to do?" Thierry asks slowly as he watches the human stride off, nervousness clear in her demeanor.

"Follow her. Make sure she's safe." Marcel grits out before walking off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 114 32
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...
59.3K 2.5K 50
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...
Him By WolfieXD49

Fanfiction

198K 6.1K 34
Benny Gilbert found himself at the center of four vampires. Soulmates hmmm. First his twin sister and her vampire drama now this? On top of that visi...
101K 1.7K 6
❝𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.❞ ༻༻༻⋇⋆✦⋆⋇༺༺༺ 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪�...