"Embers of Love" Demon Slayer...

Od LovieJ34

"Looks like I accidentally married a Rengoku..." "Father will definitely kill me..." Fuyuko Kazahana, a young... Více

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Winter Bloodshed
Chapter 2: Demons Alike
Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch
Chapter 4: New Mission
Chapter 5: Past Memories
Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!
Chapter 7: Wedding Night!
Chapter 8: Wedding Parade
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony!
Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice
Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice
Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro
Chapter 13: Their Moments Together
Chapter 14: Unexpected Couple
Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories
Chapter 16: My Wife
Chapter 17: Fate Entwined Love
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Tears
Chapter 19: The Trial
Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice
Chapter 22: Fuyuko's Blacksmith
Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two
Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal

778 38 6
Od LovieJ34

"Goodmorning, everyone." Ubuyashiki greeted. "The weather is strikingly nice today. Perhaps with a blue sky? It please me to see all of you in this emergency Hashira Meeting without personnel changes."

In a second, Tanjiro was then forced to the ground. He then saw the other Hashira instantly kneeled down to pay their respect to the master. Along with Fuyuko who is right beside her husband.

"I am pleased to see you in good health, as well, Oyakata-sama." Sanemi was the first to greet among the pillars. "I fervently prayed for your continued good fortune."

"Thank you, Sanemi."

'I want to say that!' Mitsuri thought, 'Offer my greetings to the master.'

"With all due respect, Oyakata-sama, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Kamado Tanjiro, traveling with a demon."

"Right. I apologize for surprising you all." Ubuyashiki then addressed the situation. "About Tanjiro and Nezuko... I'd sanctioned their situation."

"And I'd also like you all to accept it."

"Ah. Even though it's what you request. Oyakata-sama, I cannot consent." Gyomei glasped his hands together and prayed, opposing the master's decision.

"I, too, must firmly oppose." Tengen flamboyantly pointed himself with his thumb. "A Demon Slayer traveling with a demon is unacceptable."

"I shall do whatever is it you wish, Oyakata-sama!" Mitsuri agreed.

"I'm fine either way..." Muichiro commented. "Since I'm going to forget anyway."

While Kocho, Giyu, and Fuyuko just stayed silent as the others expressed their judgement.

"I won't trust them. I won't trust them." Iguro stated while pointing at Tanjiro. "In the first place, I loathe demons."

"Although I respect you with all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Oyakata-sama!" Kyojuro reasoned. "I oppose it with everything I've got!"

"The Demon Slayers Corps' mission is to annihilate demons." Sanemi reminded. "I request that you punish both Kamado and Tomioka."

There was a moment of silence.

"Then, the letter..." Ubuyashiki asked.

"Yes."

His daughter then pulled a parchment from her kimono and read the abridged version of the letter. Stating that the former Water Hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji and the present Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyu will commit seppuku if Nezuko will happen to harm a human.

After the letter was read, Tanjiro couldn't help but let his tears fall down his eyes in glee and gratitude as he gaze at Giyu.

"So, what if they commit seppuku?" Sanemi questioned, still not accepting the situation. "If they want to die, then rot to death for all I care! It doesn't guarantee anything!"

"Shinazugawa is right!" Kyojuro agreed. "If she kills and eats a human it's irreversible!"

"The dead won't come back!" He firmly added.

"You do have a point." Ubuyashiki stated.

"In that case..."

"Oyakata-sama!"

"We can't guarantee that she won't attack humans. We can't prove it." Ubuyashiki uttered. "That said... we also can't prove that she will attack humans."

Sanemi was caught off guard.

"In fact is that Nezuko had refrained devouring humans for more than two years, and that there are three people staking their lives on her."

"Also, there is one reliable slayer who is supporting her from the shadows." Ubuyashiki added. "And that slayer have recently tested and examined Nezuko's behavior as a demon. According to the slayer's report, the first time she encountered Nezuko, she shows no essence of bloodlust. Even if you offer her blood, she would restrict herself and refuse."

Tanjiro's eyes immediately traveled to the Ice Hashira. He still remembered that she offered Nezuko her own blood countless of times to see if his sister would give in. It was a test that she conducted to see if how long will Nezuko endure the inner demon inside of her that craves blood.

Fortunately, Nezuko passed. She struggled at first but through repeated action of enduring the smell and sight of blood, she was able to refuse straight away. Fuyuko was convinced and decided to let them off the hook.

Tanjiro have no doubts that the report stating Nezuko's endurance to blood is hers. And he is thankful for her help.

"To deny that..." Ubuyashiki continued to speak. "Those who reject must offer an even more convincing argument."

Sanemi gritted his teeth in frustration.

"Do you all intend to do so?" There was another moment of silence.

"Also, there's something I'd like to relay to you, my children. Tanjiro here has crossed paths with Kibutsuji."

With Ubuyashiki's announcement, the Hashiras was in shock including Fuyuko.

"No, impossible!" Tengen managed to speak while the others were speechless. "Even when no Hashira have ever crossed paths with him?"

Everyone then looked at Tanjiro while the Love Hashira let out a small squeak as she facepalmed to the ground when Tengen accidentally pushed her.

"You mean this kid..." He trailed off. "What does he look like? How about his abilities?"

The Hashiras then bombard Tanjiro with questions while Sanemi carelessly shook the boy's head to try and get him to answer. Needless to say that a loud ruckus then started.

To settle the commotion, Ubuyashiki then placed his finger on his lips and the Hashiras instantly quiet down.

"Kibutsuji sent pursuers after Tanjiro. Though his purpose may simply be to silence him, now that Kibutsuji have shown his tail and we've grabbed it, I don't want to let it go."

"I also believe that something is happening to Nezuko that Kibutsuji never saw coming. Can you try to understand?"

"No, I do not understand, Master." Sanemi spoke, frustration is clearly evident in his tone. "If it were human, I'd be okay with letting it live, but not a demon! Not after all that we demon slayers have gone through battle! Not after so many people have lost their lives!"

"It's unacceptable!" He strongly disagreed.

Sanemi then pulled out his sword from its sheath and cut his arm. It was a small cut but deep enough to draw blood that soiled the garden's pebbles.

"Master! I will proved it to you myself." Sanemi proclaimed. "The sheer ugliness of demon!"

"Sanemi..."

'Marechi blood.' Fuyuko thought.

The blood she tested on Nezuko was her own - just a normal plain blood. She heard from Oyakata that Sanemi's Marechi blood is rarer than average and is richer, thus, it is irresistible to demons. She don't know how will Nezuko react to this new enticing meal but she have faith that she will withstand and prove herself to be an ally.

If she failed... then death shall be her destiny.

Sanemi let his blood drop repeatedly on the box to lure out Nezuko, which the demon girl resisted with all of her might. Sanemi then swiftly moved the box under the shade of the veranda when Obanai told him that the demon won't come out under the sun.

He roughly throw the box on the tatami floor and stabbed it again. Hearing Nezuko's scream, Tanjiro tried to help his sister but the Snake Hashira quickly immobilized the boy.

Sanemi opened the box with his blade and Nezuko slowly came out, glaring at him with pink cat-like eyes. Saliva is dripping down her covered mouth and she digged her nails hard on her palm that her hand started to bleed as she struggled to not lose herself.

When Nezuko finally is face to face with the Wind Hashira, everyone watched in anticipation. While Tanjiro still fought to break free and aid his sister.

Despite the Hashiras warning, Tanjiro still used his breathing and ripped the rope apart that is restricting his arms, surprising Obanai. Giyu was also quick to grab the snake Hashira's wrist, and the boy immediately run towards her sister.

"Nezuko!" He stopped in front of the veranda and called out her name.

Nezuko stared at Sanemi for a moment, then closed her eyes and turned away from the blood in front of her. Proving herself before everyone's eyes who are in a state of shock while her brother sighed in relief.

"What just happened?" Ubuyashiki asked.

"The demon girl turned away in disgust." Ubuyashiki's daughter, Hinaki, replied.

"Although she has been stabbed three time by Shinazugawa, and despite his flaunting of his bloody arm in his face," Nichika added. "she restrained herself and did not bite."

"So now, its been proven that Nezuko won't attack humans." Ubuyashiki announced.

"No!" Sanemi stubbornly denied. "She's drooling! She is still a demon who crave blood, she's no different."

In rage, he quickly raised his sword and was about to inflict another cut on Nezuko to infuriate her and attack him.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro tried to move but his body ached and rendering his motion.

Sanemi swiftly sliced his sword downward, and blood once again stained the Hashiras's green nichirin... Though, his blade never reached Nezuko's flesh

Standing between him and the demon girl is the Ice Hashira, her bare hand gripped Sanemi's blade with force wounding her palm. Yet, she shows no sign of pain and look at Sanemi dead in the eyes.

Her own blood covered the shiny metal in red, and her appearance to defend the demon only made Sanemi's anger rise while the other Hashiras were startled by the revelation unfolding before them, including Rengoku.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

762 23 8
A readerxkyojuro short story She was his escape, and he was her life. A meeting and a world only they knew, and a miracle with a end. A love that sta...
1.3M 36.2K 71
[Completed] Giyuu and Y/n, two lovers who got seperated after giyuu's final selection. Y/n always went to find giyuu but fate didn't let them see eac...
2.6K 46 27
In an encounter with a Twelve Kizuki, Kyojuro Rengoku meets a girl who's been terribly wounded. As a Hashira, it's his duty to stay with her and keep...
6K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...