SasuSaku: You Saved Me

By breshea_carter

Modern/Highschool Au Sasuke and Sakura two individuals who once lived in the same neighborhood during Junior... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 2

579 30 87
By breshea_carter

⚠️Trigger warning/ Mention of a ED, Drug Abuse, and Violence, Please read at your own discretion.⚠️

"Shizune, after school, I'm going out." Sakura said sitting down taking a bite of the toast and egg whites Shizune had made.

"Oh with Ino and the girls?" She asked.

"No.. with someone else. Don't worry, I won't be gone long, it's an old friend who recently moved back to Tokyo we're going to catch up with one another." Sakura said as Shizune nodded.

"Fine by me, just text your aunt and let her know, she'll be home tonight for dinner."

"Okay, I'll be sure to be here." Sakura said grabbing her book bag rushing towards the door.

"Hmm is this friend of yours by chance a boy? I've never seen you rush out the house like this before. Plus... you're glowing." Shizune teased as Sakura groaned. "Does it matter Ms. Nosey?" Sakura said as Shizune laughed.

"So it is a boy! There's only ever been one boy you've ever talked about.... Wait did he move back—"

"Bye Shizune!" Sakura said about to open the door but Shizune stopped her. "Hold it right there for a second, here, Tsuna made you a lunch last night, take it with you. She felt bad she wasn't able to make you one on your first day of school or able to see you off so she made this one for you, it has all of your favorites." Shizune said as Sakura smiled. "I'll thank her tonight, thank you too Shizune." She said.

"No problem, you just get to school safely." Shizune said watching Sakura leave out of the house.

She gave a soft smile, about to turn around to clean up, when she noticed Sakura's train pass was still hanging up.

Shizune sighed. "That girl... I gave her some cash this morning she can use that to buy a ticket." Shizune said.

Sakura felt... happier today, she felt like she could take on the world. She had her lunch, she was going to hang out with Sasuke, she was happy.

When she made it to the station, she had then realized she didn't have her train pass. The line for the ticket booth was already long and if she waited in it, she would miss her train and be late for school. God it's all because she was in such a rush this morning.

"Great, of course this happens to me." She said out loud.

"Whats the matter?" She turned to see Sasuke looking down at her.

"Oh well... you see... I sort of left my train pass at home. I have to stand in that line and hopefully get a ticket in time." She said sighing as she was about to walk past him.

He had stepped in front of her stopping her movements. "You can use my train pass to board." He said. He had grabbed her wrist, pulling her along with him, when he scanned it, the small turnstile entrance allowed him through and he passed Sakura the train pass letting her scan it and letting her through.

"Thank you." She said.

"Hn."

When they boarded Sakura slipped her lunch away in her bag, as she took her seat beside Sasuke. He began scrolling on his phone, must be his way of passing time.

"What made you forget your train pass. Doesn't seem like something you'd often forget." He spoke as she turned looking at him.

"Oh well... I... was in a rush." She said sheepishly.

"Hn, a rush huh." Sasuke said. "Were you rushing for school? Or something else?" He asked as her cheeks burned embarrassed.

She couldn't possibly tell him the reason behind her being so forgetful this morning is because she was anxious and was ready to see him again.

"Oh you know... I just wanted to be a bit early to class.." She said softly looking back at him.

His hand had raised and the back of it had gently tapped the top of her head with his knuckles. "Next time be more prepared." He gently scolded as she nodded.

"I will."  She smiled.

"Forehead! Good morning!!" Ino said happy.

"Aren't you chipper this morning." Sakura said as they all slipped on their Uwabaki shoes, the tips of them being a light blue indicating their third year.

"Well it's because I have a date this weekend!" Ino said with a smile.

"Believe it or not, Sai walked up and asked her out." Temari said.

"Really?" Sakura spoke. "That's great!" She added.

"Yeah, he said he had been planning to do so for a long time and that he didn't want to waste an opportunity!" Ino smiled. "I can't believe he's had a crush on me, while I had a crush on him! I thought it was always one sided!" Ino said.

"Heh, don't I know how that feels." Sakura murmured while scratching her head.

"Don't worry forehead! Someone will ask you out soon!" Ino smiled.

Sakura was the last to finish putting her shoes on, when she placed her loafers into her locker, she turned to see Sasuke leaning against the wall staring at her.

"Oh.. is something wrong?"

"I noticed your friends had already taken off, I assumed you'd want to walk to class with someone." He said.

"Oh.. um.. Thank you, but you didn't have too.." she said as he nodded. "I don't mind, we should go." He said as she nodded. She caught up with him, following him up the stairs towards their class.

Her mind had went to ten different things at once. He seemed so nice and caring, but why did his aura just feel so off... he hasn't done anything to make her sense this but...it's just there, he's just a bit colder.

"You okay?" She looked up to see Sasuke's steps had halted halfway up the stairs.

"Huh? I mean Yeah.."

"You sure? You seem out of it suddenly."

"I'm fine, I was just thinking a bit you know?" She said as he nodded turning back around going back up the stairs. She gave a sigh shaking her head clear of things.

It was going to be okay. She has him back now and today they were going to sit and catch up together after school. She had the place where they could go already in her mind. It's silent and private.

"Goodmorning you two." Mr. Hatake said watching the both of them walk in the classroom.

"Oh Goodmorning!" Sakura said.

"Hn" Sasuke grunted.

They both took their seats, settling in getting ready for their day. It was just like yesterday, they didn't have much to do, which is how the first few days always are.

She was going to block out the noise of the classroom by listening to some music on her phone, but something stopped her, a tap on her shoulder. She turned seeing Sasuke holding his phone out to her.

"What is it?"

"Lock yourself in." He said.

"What do you mean?" She asked semi turning around as he chuckled. "Your number Sakura, lock it in. I'm sure I'm going to need it if we plan to hang out today." He said.

Slowly she reached and grabbed his phone, her hand had slowly grazed his, which made her cheeks burn, she didn't dare look up to see if he noticed the contact, keeping her focus on typing her number into his phone she sent herself a text quickly locking his number in as well.

"Here you go." She said softly handing him his phone back.

"Hn, Thanks." He said.

"No problem..." Sakura said turning back around in her seat.

"Alright class, I'm going to assign you into groups of three, each group will have someone who is proficient in each subject, it'll be a way for you all to help one another out to ensure everyone passes each subject." Mr. Hatake spoke.

One by one he assigned everyone into a group.

Sakura had began to feel left out again, Ino, Hinata, and Temari had all been placed in a group, they were the only people she was familiar with, yet none of them were placed with her.

It was only a few people left and Kakashi had yet to call her name.

"Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki." He called out.

"Heck yeah! I'm with Sakura-chan and Sasuke!" Naruto said with a cheeky smile.

Sakura turned sheepishly smiling at Sasuke as he kept a cool expression on his face. "I hope you don't mind being in a group with us." She said scratching her head.

"We were assigned this group, I have no say in it." He said shrugging. "It is what it is."

"Hm, but I don't necessarily struggle with a subject." Sakura said.

"Me either." Sasuke said.

"Heh, It's me who struggles guys." Naruto said as Sakura sighed.

"Of course..."

"I know you both don't struggle much, your grades have always been good Sakura and judging from Sasuke's grades from his previous school, he made good grades as well. It's Naruto who struggles so with you both in his group, he's sure to have a passing grade in every subject this year. Teamwork is what will help you." Mr. Hatake said as Sakura looked at him.

"I understand, we'll help Naruto the best way we can." She said..

"So Sakura, can we study together at your place?" Naruto asked.

"The library sounds like a more appropriate option." She answered.

"Awww come on! I want to see your house!"

"What's so special about my house Naruto? Trust me there isn't anything worth seeing." Sakura said.

"Hmph, what about you Sasuke! Can we study at your place?"

"No"

"WHY NOT?!?"

"Because I said no." Sasuke said.

"Naruto what about your house then?!" Sakura turned asking him.

"Pfft, we can't, I haven't cleaned my room in forever, Mom will scold me like crazy if I have company over with my room a mess." He said as Sakura sighed.

"Listen, how about every Monday and Friday we study together in the school's library, Monday's are usually when we get homework or alot of work, and usually Mr. Hatake gives us until the next Monday to turn it all in, we can start on Monday's and Finish what we haven't been able to do on Friday together, we can match answers and ask questions if need be." Sakura said. "Sounds good?" She asked.

"Sounds good to me!" Naruto said smiling.

"Sasuke?" Sakura said as he shrugged. "Hn" was all she heard, taking that as his yes.

Just great, now she will have to stay after school every Monday and Friday... the downside is extra work on her to help Naruto, she had patience but Naruto has the attention span of a toddler, it'll be difficult getting him to concentrate.

The upside though is that she'll be able to spend a little more time with Sasuke, a little more time understanding him, getting to know the new him.

When school ended, Sakura and Sasuke walked home in a comfortable silence. She was inwardly anxious, nervous that they'd be alone and soon talking to one another. Hopefully opening up like before.

"I'll text you where we'll meet.. if you want." She said.

"You live two houses down from me, we can walk there together. It is walking distance right?"

"Oh yeah! It's like a 5 minute walk from our neighborhood." She said as he nodded.

"I can just meet with you. I'll text you when I'm ready." He said as she nodded.

"Of course!" She said as her home began to come into view. "Well this is my stop.. I'll see you in a few Sasuke." She said.

"Hn, See you." He said continuing to walk going towards his home. She watched him pull his keys out, unlocking his door. He had turned his head looking back at her, which immediately she felt embarrassed. She was staring at him and he caught her. She had covered her face to hide herself.

She didn't see the smirk Sasuke gave before walking into him home.

When she moved her hands from her face, she looked to see that he was gone now.

"Great Sakura, you make yourself look like an idiot." She said to herself, unlocking her own door walking inside her house.

She slipped her shoes off, hung up her keys and her bag before walking deeper into the house.

No one seemed to be home, there was a note on the dining room table, it was from Shizune, stating that she was going to be out grocery shopping for dinner tonight and letting Sakura know to be back in time so they could all eat together.

Sakura left the note, letting her hair out of it's ponytail, she went upstairs and jumped directly into the shower. She wanted to be fresh and since it was fall she wanted to dress a bit cozy. She couldn't have a comfortable talk if she wasn't comfortable. So a Pink sweatsuit did her justice.

She had placed her semi wet hair into a bun placing a small red headband on, she did her clear lipgloss and walked back downstairs to slip another pair of shoes on.

When her phone vibrated in her pocket, she was about to check it when a knock on the door was heard.

"Shizune, did you forget your house key—" She said being cut off by staring at Sasuke who stood at the door. "Oh it's you.. I thought you had just texted me."

"No, I figured I could just knock." He said. She did look at her phone, it was Shizune who had texted her, reminding Sakura to grab her keys and train pass if she was going somewhere and also letting her know traffic was a bit backed up so it might be a minute before she got back.

"Of course.." she chuckled slipping her phone back into her pocket. She grabbed her keys only, because she knows she doesn't need her train pass right now. "Shall we?" Sakura said as Sasuke nodded.

He had stepped aside allowing her to walk outside and lock her front door. Sakura had turned around, taking in Sasuke a bit, he had the same idea as her basically, a sweatsuit, he wore a black hoodie with sweatpants, he must have taken himself a shower as well before leaving. She could smell his body wash on him as the wing blew his scent her way. He smelled good, he always did.

Again their walk was silent, Sakura was leading the way as Sasuke followed close behind her. She was becoming more and more nervous as they got closer to their destination.

When it came into view, Sakura smiled, and turned to Sauske. "There, don't you remember this place?" She asked as his eyes sort of lit up.

It was a big lake and a small pier that allowed you to sit and view it, it was mostly made for fishers, but no one ever really stops by this place. It was a place Sakura and Sasuke would often go to, to talk about many things when they were little.

It had to be the perfect place for them now.

"I see.. this place. The lake."

"Yeah." She said sighing in relief. All of those nerves seemed to vanish as they walked on the wooden dock. It was high enough for them to take a seat at the very end of it. They had both disregarded their shoes, allowing their feet to dangle over the water.

There was a small breeze to blow by, and it felt amazing. It had been a minute since Sakura saw the view from this lake. The sky reflected beautifully off of it, when Sasuke had moved away, she found no reason to come back here, although she lived closer to it now, she still didn't have the courage to return, she couldn't witness anything here without him. She wonders if he ever had views like this back in Osaka...

It was time she finally knew what she needed, if he was willing to tell all she had questions too.

"S-So...um...I don't really know...how to start.." Sakura said pulling her knees up to her chest hugging them. "Okay... I guess my first question would be... why'd you leave... what made you decide to just leave? I never heard from you after I found out." She said.

"My father had gotten a promotion at work, as you know, I was 13 and after summer I was set to start my last year in Junior high, the job opportunity was in Osaka, so they decided he'd take the promotion and I'd start school there after summer."

"I see..."

"I'm sorry.. that I wasn't able to tell you. I figured you'd be mad at me back then had I told you I was leaving and not coming back. I didn't want to hurt your feelings. So I didn't reach out."

"Oh I see... well I'm sure if you had told me, I probably wouldn't have been so confused. Sometimes I thought it was something I did to make you leave the way you did.. but I understand now... at least you're back.." she said looking to him with a soft smile.

"I regret not telling you I left. I struggled to make new friends in Osaka, and I needed your advice, but I felt after so long it would've been wrong of me to reach out only to ask for something for myself. It felt selfish."

"I wouldn't have thought that Sasuke... I would've helped you regardless of that. You were the only friend I had, I would've did anything for you, if it meant I was able to talk to you again." She said.

"I see.. I'm sorry then."

"It's fine.. It's okay... so did Mr. Fugaku and Mrs. Mikoto come back from Osaka with you? Did his job make him move back?" Sakura asked as the small glimmer in Sasuke's eyes disappeared.

"No, they didn't."

"Oh... so you moved back on your own? But why? Why during your third year? Why not finish Highschool in Osaka?"

"I moved back in with my brother, as of now he's my legal guardian. I couldn't stay in Osaka, alone." He said.

"Alone? I'm not following."

"My parents died together in a car accident. It was right before summer, during my second year of highschool. School was ending anyways and their funeral was held during the first week of summer. When my brother came for the funeral, he had told me, I needed to come back to Tokyo with him. So during the summer, we had cleaned out our parents home and packed my things away. I was here a week before our third year started so I could settle in." He said as Sakura looked at him with such a sad expression.

Of course, no wonder he seems so different now, his parents had died. She remembered him always talking good about his family, especially his mother, he loved her so much, and now she's gone. She can't imagine how hard that must've been. An entire summer mourning the death of two people important to him, if she was in his shoes, she'd change too.

"I'm sorry that happened and that you had to deal with that."

"It's fine. There was nothing anyone could do." Sasuke said.

"So you live with Your brother now... is he dealing with it okay?"

"He's a detective for the police department here, so he's handling the legal things for our parents fine, as far as emotionally handling it, I think he's just like me, too stubborn to show too much emotion about it. I think he's more worried about me than himself though. He says I've become more distant and that he wishes I could open up to him if something is bothering me..."

"I can understand that, he's your big brother he's worried about you." Sakura said.

"I sometimes think he gets upset with me, and that I don't open up about it with him because it's my fault." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"The day they died... I was supposed to go straight home to help my mother with something, but I didn't go straight home, I stayed after school to play a few games of football with some other kids. I had lost track of time and it was getting dark, so I called my parents to pick me up, they wouldn't have been in the car the day had I just went home.... It was that idiots fault for driving drunk.... But it's my fault they're dead...." He said.

Tears began to well in Sakura's eyes as she scooted a bit closer to Sasuke.

"I don't mean to be distant from my brother, I just don't want him to completely hate me either."

"I don't think he would blame you or hate you... you were just doing what teenagers do.. you were having fun after school.. like you said, the only person at fault was the idiot who decided to drive drunk. That's the only person at fault in this situation. You didn't kill your parents Sasuke...so please don't talk like that." She said as he turned looking down at her.

A dry chuckle escaped his lips as he reached over wiping her tears before they could fall. "Don't cry, it doesn't suit you." He said. "Enough about me, tell me about you, why you changed so much."

"You think I changed?"

"Yeah, you used to be happy go lucky, always smiling, always talking about something, always cheerful, your eyes always shined with something new. Now.. you don't seem the same, you don't smile much, you're always spacing out, and your eyes, they're not as bright as I remember." He said.

He was able to notice that much about her? His change was obvious due to the physical features of himself, but she didn't think she was that obvious.

"How are your parents?" He asked as she stiffened a bit.

He noticed this.

"Well... it started during my last year of Junior High... My.. Um... My parents marriage started to get a bit rocky. My father was laid off from his job and my mother she had started to become a addict. She was already mentally unstable and she had meds that helped with that, but she got too addicted and started taking harder stuff. So they constantly argued everyday. It seemed that everything they did argue about was built up emotions they had been hiding for years. Some of their arguments ended badly, things broken around the house, and somehow I always ended up involved in them too."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Sakura took a deep breath. "Mama would always tell Papa he was a deadbeat who couldn't financially provide for us, and that he couldn't support me, and Papa would always tell Mama, I would end up like her and take from her example if she didn't get herself clean. One time, Mama had gotten so mad that she attacked me, she couldn't get to my father so she got me instead, she had threw me down on a shard of class that came from a broken vase Papa had broken. When I came to school the next day I had a deep gash in my arm. The teacher I had requested an emergency conference with my parents where all they did was argue. Papa blamed Mama for throwing me on the glass and Mama blamed Papa for breaking it in the first place.... Later that month they settled for a divorce.... When summer came before my first year in high school they had went to court to see who would get custody of me. The judge told my Dad no due to his lack of financial support, and they told my Mom no due to her history of being on drugs, so they put me with my Mom's sister. I've been living with my aunt ever since." She said.

Sakura didn't even know she was crying again, she noticed when Sasuke reached over again wiping her tears.

"I'm sorry, I seem like such an idiot." She said as he shook his head.

"No, it's okay. You went through alot." He said.

"I- suffered from a eating disorder that summer and my first year in high school, I refused to do anything, I was so depressed. I love my aunt, but when I first got with her, I was so sad. Thankfully she's a doctor so she helped me alot and gave me counseling. I still sometimes struggle with eating certain things which is why I tread so lightly around food sometimes...but I've gotten better." She said.

"I see, I'm sorry you dealt with it alone. You had no one." He said. "I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's okay..." she said.

"It's not. Because I was a coward...you couldn't contact me.."

"It's not your fault.. if anything I'm happy you're here now and that I was finally able to tell you. It sometimes made me happy during those times knowing if you were doing okay, that I would make it just fine too...even when you were far away from me, thinking about you, and your smile back then, gave me hope. Whenever I think back to that summer before things changed, I always find myself smiling and feeling giddy like a child. Having those memories with you, have always saved me from myself." She said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

She gave a sigh, turning towards the water, gently ignoring his question. She could feel him scoot closer and through an arm around her pulling her close to him.

"I won't leave again Sakura...I'm here and if you need me.... Don't hesitate to... talk to me."

Blushing she looked up at him, giving a small chuckle to him. "You do the same. Don't be so cold with me alright?"

"If I have moments where I get distant and I do act cold, please forgive me. I don't mean to if I do. I've simply changed from that kid you once knew. I'm not as happy as before, and I know you're not either. So I know we'll have our days, I just ask that when we do, we can push our feelings aside and still help eachother." He said.

"Of course, I'm... I'm your friend, and I've always been able to push feelings aside to help you, and I always will Sasuke." She said looking up at him as he looked down at her smiling.

"Hn... lets talk about a few more... positive things now.... Have you learned to swim yet?"

"Nope, I'm still a guppy." She said as he chuckled.

"I'll teach you one day."

"Oh no, I deeply scared of deep bodies of water, even in pools, so I'm good."

"Sakura, you need to learn." He said.

"I do not!" She said puffing out her cheeks giving him the cutest pout he had ever seen. His cheeks tinted pink a little where he turned his head away hiding so she didn't see him.

"Don't be silly." He said gently hitting her head like before.

She giggled, touching her head, feeling his touch yet again. It lingers long for her nowadays. She looked up at him as he looked down at her.

She wonders if he could see some of the shine return to her eyes while she looked at him.

He was the reason for her happiness, for her talkative ways, for her bright smile, and for the glimmer in her eyes back then.

Could this Sasuke return all of those feelings for her? Could he help change her back?

Her phone vibrating is what broke their eye contact. She looked down seeing Shizune had made it home, and was requesting she come back soon to help finish dinner.

"Your aunt?" Sasuke asked.

"Um not exactly it's her bestfriend, she lives with us. She helps out alot while my Aunt works." Sakura said.

"I see, is she ready for you to come home?" He asked.

"Not yet.... Let's stay here together...and lets watch the view for a little longer, like we used to." She said as he looked down at her.

"Hn.. Alright."

Both of them had placed a hand down beside them. His had covered hers.

Sakura was happy he didn't move his hand. It was much bigger now, and it made her feel safe.

She could stay here with him like this forever.

He had eventually dropped her off at her home when the sun finally went down. She turned to him with a smile looking up to him. "Whenever...we both need to vent.. or talk... let's promise we'll always go there...to talk... no matter how irrelevant or relevant it is, lets always return to our spot, okay?" She said as he looked down at her. He gave a nod.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow Sakura." He said as she smiled nodding. "Yes, see you tomorrow Sasuke. It was nice talking to you today."

"Mutual." He said taking a step closer to her. He raised his hand and gently tapped the scar on her forehead with his fingers. "Til next time Haruno." He said turning away before she could react waving to her.

She could have fainted right there. That gesture seemed like a secret that only the two of them could know and understand. She loved it.

It was his way of letting her know, there will be a next time.

"Hey, if you're done flirting with your first love could you come in and help me set the table?" Shizune said opening the door with a cheeky grin.

"Were you eavesdropping?! Plus I wasn't flirting! God Shizune!" Sakura said storming in the house as Shizune closed the door behind her laughing.

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say." Shizune said.

"Blahhhh drop it! I'll be back down in a minute." Sakura said rushing upstairs as Shizune continued laughing.

"That girl... at least she's already starting to look a bit different.... Her small glow, is starting to return.. maybe with Sasuke Uchiha being back.... He can help her in ways me and Tsuna can't..."

"I really hope that he can."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 352 26
Modern/ Walking dead Au characters are in fact 18-30 years of age and will be mature so readers discretion advised The world is in shambles. Walker's...
62.8K 1.7K 36
MODERN AU Naruto Uzumaki is a demon. Ultimately he grew up without anyone. At school he accidentally bumps into Sakura Haruno. With the bubbly person...
12K 752 34
[BOOK 1 OF THE SHARING SERIES] Two different worlds meet. Two existences collide. On the one hand, an orphan learns what love, friendship, and devoti...
3.8K 72 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...