The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

19

29.6K 2.3K 164
By sweetdreamer33

Sweet

"I can't see you, Jace. It doesn't feel right, now that I'm dating Sebastian," my chest felt so heavy when I saw the hurt in his eyes. It pains me to see him sad. If only I could tell him the truth.

"I was afraid you'd say that," he leaned closer to me, then said, "don't you believe it's fate that we ran into each other again? We should give it another try, Sweet. We were so good together."

"I know it was amazing, but right now, I just can't see you."

"Because of that guy," he sighed looking disappointed, "I'm back for good, Sweet, I won't leave anymore. This is where I belong...with you. I won't give up easily, I'll prove to you that we belong together."

I bit my lips, refraining myself from saying, wait for me in barely three months. I'll be free and ready to date you again.

I turned and left him without saying another word. I felt so torn.

***

Later, I arrived at Marie's house. She was on video call with Sebastian's executive assistant, James, in their backyard, while sunbathing under the extreme heat of the sun, wearing an orange polka dots bikini.

She looked toasted when she got inside their house. She got terrible sunglasses tan lines, but I saved the bad news for later.

"What's the score between you and James? You seemed to talk a lot lately?"

"Hmm.. just talking about random stuff - favorite color, food, movie, hobbies and others you can find in slam-book questions," she rolled her eyes, then we both laughed.

"Too high school."

"That's right. I feel like I'm a teenage girl again," she cracked open a beer and settled beside me on the red couch, "sometimes, I hate that he's too formal and treats me like I'm an innocent convent girl. My goodness, if he only knew that I'm an Olympic gold medalist in making out!"

We both roared into laughter.

"I think he really likes you. So don't pressure him and let him do his own romantic gestures."

"You know I'm the most impatient woman in the entire universe," she waved her hand, "but he's a cutie, so I'll adjust to his turtle's pace. He'll see a starving lion at the finish line, Rarrr!" she giggled, and we laughed again. Our topic shifted when she asked, "by the way, how's your date?"

"Hmm... fine."

"Fine? That doesn't sound good to me," her mouth twisted, "did he arrive so late? Is he back with his emergencies again?.."

"No, he was very early. He already ordered food when I got there, and even ordered my favorite crispy calamari..."

"Wow, that's very thoughtful of him? He's really acting very nice now. So, tell me what went wrong? You had a gorgeous hot guy and a calamari in front of you, that sounds fantastic already."

"Jace arrived."

"Jace? You mean... oh my God! Your high school sweetheart, the one who got away is back?" Her eyes grew enormous, and I nodded.

"Yeah, and he wants to continue where we left off. But I told him I can't. I'm dating Sebastian."

"Oh, that's tough."

"I know, right," my lips twisted, then said, "he looked more handsome now and taller."

"I can imagine him already. I'm sure you were so happy seeing him again."

"I was. I couldn't believe it at first, I thought I was dreaming. I hugged him to make sure that he was real."

"You still have a soft spot for him."

I exhaled heavily, "yeah. You know I've waited for years for us to meet again."

"So, you want to see him again?"

I nodded, slowly.

"Oh fudge. But girl, the timing is wrong. What you feel for him, won't do good for your career at the moment. You need to focus on your dates with Sebastian, follow the terms of the contract and of course, your blogs. You can't afford any distraction now that your career is picking up again. People are getting very interested that you're dating Sebastian, they're curious about you!"

"Yeah, I noticed too. The nasty comments did not affect my followers. They increased," I nodded, then took a sip of water.

"Correct! The more you date Sebastian, the more they'd want to know you," she pointed out, "and if they'll find out that you're dating another guy, then it would be the end of all the hard work that you've put yourself up to."

"Are you suggesting that I should forget Jace and ignore what my heart says?"

She nodded, "only for now. You have to use your brain too, because you need to do what's best for you at the moment. That is to choose Sebastian."

"Of course," I answered in a bored tone.

She opened her iPad, then enumerated my itinerary for the week, "the Dansville book lovers' club invited us for luncheon on Monday, then you're going to read a short story to the kids in the afternoon. On Tuesday, you have a photoshoot for a skincare brand partnership in the morning, and a ribbon cutting in the afternoon for a new beauty salon. Your financial adviser is coming on Wednesday morning, blah... blah... blah..."

"Any big event coming up?"

"None for this week, but... hmm," she checked her iPad again, "next week, Friday, you're invited to the Businessmen and Professionals Media Awards. You're nominated for the Social Media Rising Star Award. They sent two passes with free five-star hotel accommodation. Who are you planning to take as your plus one?"

"Who else? But you!"

"Aww... Yay! I thought you'd never ask," she grinned so wide, then her expression turned to horror when she saw her face in the mirror, "Ahhhh!!"

***

On Wednesday morning, I woke up at the sound of a loud knock.

"Darn it, can't you just knock softly?" I checked the time at the alarm clock on the bedside table, it was seven in the morning. I already slept at two a.m. making an article for a brand partner.

"It's me, Colton."

I groaned and covered my face with a pillow, "what do you want?"

The door opened, and Colton entered, holding a bouquet of red roses and a cup of coffee.

"It's not my birthday," my eyebrows snapped together.

"They're not from me, silly," he chuckled, and put the flowers and coffee on the bedside table, "Jace dropped these for you. He also gave each of us our favorite coffee."

The mention of Jace's name was enough to make my heart throbbed so fast.

"That was so sweet of him."

"I'm glad he's back. He's a nice chap," he nodded, "I remember, he used to teach me how to play basketball."

My family always liked Jace. Like me, they were so sad that he moved to China with his family.

"Yeah, he's back for good."

"Oh really," his eyebrows rose, "glad to hear that. Looks like he's still so into you."

"Yeah," I nodded. Too bad, I'm dating Sebastian.

I took a cup of coffee, then had a sip.

"You still like him, huh?" Colton asked curiously.

I sighed and nodded.

"I shouldn't be because I'm dating Sebastian," and wanted to add that there's this problem too. I like Jace but I can't stop thinking of Sebastian.

"It's not real though. If I were you, I'd tell Jace the truth about the dating contract. It sucks if he won't wait for you and turn to another girl. That would surely shatter your heart into pieces."

"I know that there's a big tendency for it to happen, but what am I going to do? I can't tell him. That agreement is confidential, with the exceptions of my family and Marie."

"Maybe you can bend the contract a little. Ask Mr. Stavrakos if he'd consider it. Think about it. Because it's your life we're talking about. I don't want you to get hurt and say that Jace is the one that got away. He's a really nice guy. We like him for you. Especially dad, he adores Jace."

"I know."

Sebastian wouldn't consider anything. He'd warned me about Jace already, and told me the terms and conditions of the contract again. I'd be damned if I'd attempt to breach the contract.

***

Later that evening, I stared at the ceiling thinking about what Colton had said.

A notification popped up in my email.

It was from James. The subject, Third Date.

My heart pounded so loud. I opened the email and was shocked after reading it.

Dear Miss Treble,

Good day! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mr. Stavrakos would like to invite you for a date at the Stavrakos Island Hotel and Beach Resort. A whole day of fun and adventure awaits for both of you, followed by a candlelight dinner at the beachfront. A helicopter will pick you up at 7am in your residence.

Just as I expected, a whole day date with him. Now I'd have to continue keeping my guard up, making sure I wouldn't fall for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.3K 15
This is a love story between a man and a woman. If only things are as simple as they sound. Mr Kieran Knight, CEO of an Insurance Firm and Co-Owner o...
2.1M 76.3K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...
6.7K 339 58
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...