The Before [Prequel- Part 1]

By notebookgirl22

If you told Catherine Stark that she would one day marry Loki Laufeyson AND have a daughter with him, she wou... More

Cast
An Unlikely Meeting
Coffee
Meeting again
The Party Fight
Jarvis
Klau
Salvage Yard
Barton Farm
The Cradle
Vision
Getting Catherine Back
The Battle For Sokovia
Saved
Avengers Compound
Old Friend
Stargazing
Excuses
Figuring things out
Saying Goodbyes
Newest Member of The Shield Team
Phone Calls
The Raven Witch
Ward's Brother
Hydra
Loki
Going Home
The Sokovia Accords
Secretary Ross
Picking Sides
Peggy Carter
James
A Familiar Face
Winter Soldier
Hydra History
"It's okay..."
Whitehall
"I love you."
Germany
Escape
What the-
Cast
Space?!
Explanation
The Future?
A Renewal
Grill
Family Line
Working for the discount Bertram
The Thing That Everyone Needs To Accept
Goonie
Deke
Freaking Phil
Important Announcement
Gunner
Level 35
Doubts
Flint
The Crater
A Life Spent, A Life Earned
The Surface
The Zephyr
Back To The Lighthouse
Aunt Jemma's Advice
The Necklace
Reunions
It's Good To Be Back
Getting Some Rest
Fear Anomalies
Ebony Maw
Talking
Leaving
Strange
Odin
Hela
The BiFrost
Sakaar
Dream
Thor
"Yes! That's how it feels!"
"You won't lose us."
The Return Of Tony Stark
Thanos
Rhodey

Can we skip to the good part?

131 11 45
By notebookgirl22

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

I yawned as I woke up from my nap. I've been taking a lot of naps lately, and they always leave me feeling refreshed. The mornings are a different story. That's when I feel nauseous.

Today was one of the worse days, but it passed after about two hours.

I stretched my arms out from under the black blanket covering me and yawned again.

I hate when that happens. When you just can't stop yawning over and over. Especially when I'd just been sleeping on the couch for three hours.

Playing with the two rings on my left ring finger, I got up and folded the blanket, draping it over the arm of the couch.

My eyes wandered around the small living area in the cabin and landed on a picture on the mantle over the fireplace.

I smiled at the photo portraying my dad walking me down the aisle.

I can't believe it's already been five months since then. And over two years since the Avengers split.

I miss the team. I really do.

I haven't seen any of them since Germany. Well, minus my dad. I try to see him as often as I can, but there's only so much you can do when you're an international fugitive.

Phil and the Shield team? Forget it. The last time I saw any of them in person was when Ward did a number on me. And that was only Phil.

I would try to contact them, but this cabin is usually under radio silence. It's for safety reasons. We can't risk anyone finding this place. Even more so now that new developments have come to light.

Speaking of which...

"Loki?" I called, stepping away from the mantle.

No response.

I rolled my eyes. He must be reading. That's the only reason he wouldn't answer.

I teleported to him, crossing my arms.

My gaze softened when I saw him sitting back in our shared bed, reading an Asgardian book.

He looked so happy and content...

Ah, what the heck? I can't stay annoyed with him.

"Hey," I said softly, climbing into bed next to him and leaning into his side.

He put the book down and smiled at me. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked, putting his arm around me.

"I am now. The nausea subsided. That nap helped. So, what are you reading?"

"One of your favorites, actually."

"Really?" I smiled happily. "Could you read it to me?"

"Of course."

As he read about ancient Asgardian fantasies and fairytales, I couldn't help but think about how lucky we were. How many things had to take place in order for this to happen.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" His voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just lost in thought."

"What are you thinking about?"

"How this all started. I mean, do you realize that none of this would have ever happened if my dad didn't decide to send me out for coffee that night?"

"Is that so?"

"Well, yeah. If you hadn't met me on the sidewalk, you would have never had any reason to cut in when Justin Hammer was dancing with me. I would have been another random woman at the party to you." I explained.

"I'm sure we would have found our way to each other regardless. Soulmates are destined to meet." He said and pulled me closer to his side. "After two years, I still can't believe Thor was right.

I laughed. "You'll never tell him that though, will you?"

"Never." He shook his head. "Can you imagine what that would do to his ego?"

"I can't even begin to fathom." I sighed. "But we are an unlikely pairing. A witch and a Frost Giant/Asgardian God of Mischief and Lies."

"We are, but I honestly couldn't be happier about it."

Yes, I know he's a Frost Giant.

He didn't mean for me to find out. Sometimes I wonder if he'd ever have told me on his own.

One night, after about three months of being on the run, I woke up in the middle of the night to the entire cabin being nearly frozen solid. It had to of been -10 degrees at least. Then I noticed that Loki was tossing and turning in bed restlessly. My best guess at the time was that he had a bad dream, and his magic was going crazy.

When I couldn't wake him, I enchanted him to take away the dream and replace it with a happy memory.

But as I was looking for that memory, I saw what the dream was about.

His adoptive father, Odin, was telling him he was not his biological son. He was a Frost Giant of Jotunheim.

I'm sorry, but even though it's been two years, I still have this question.

How does one fall asleep while their son is essentially having an identity crisis? All because Odin decided to save him from being left to die on a frozen rock.

Save, kidnap, abduct, take your pick.

I talked to him about it later that day. He got defensive as if he expected me to hate him for it. He called himself a monster.

That one sentence broke my heart.

I told him he was no monster, but to this day, I'm still not sure he believed me.

If I ever meet Odin, I'll be giving him some very choice words.

"I know this morning was harder than most. Do you feel okay?"

"Yes, I am absolutely sure that I'm okay! We both are. Now, stop worrying so much. It's just for another week at most." I reassured him. He's been overly concerned about me for the past five months. "And-"

The sound of my phone ringing cut me off.

I furrowed my brows. "Who could be calling? I just spoke to Dad earlier."

I picked up the device cautiously. Who could it possibly be?

A large smile broke out on my face as I read the caller's name.

"Who is it?"

"It's Phil," I answered, still smiling.

"Why is he calling?" He was genuinely confused. As was I.

"No clue." I shrugged and hit the green button. "Hello?"

"Cat! It's good to hear your voice."

"Same to you, Phil. How have you been? How's the team?"

Since the last time I saw them, Phil has informed me that knowledge of who my dad was and that I had magic had somehow gotten around to the entire Shield team.

At least I didn't have to be the one to tell them.

"We... We've been better. We just escaped a virtual reality mind prison we were stuck in for twelve months. But how are you?"

Um, what?

"Virtual reality mind prison? You do hear yourself, right?"

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's 100% true. What's also 100% true is that the whole team, me included, are fugitives."

"You're all fugitives? Finally! Something I can relate to!"

"Why are you... Oh. You didn't sign the Accords, did you?"

"Nope. And I still don't regret it."

"Sounds like we have a lot to catch up on. We're all going to be at Rae's Restaurant tonight. Wanna join us?"

"Sounds great. What time?"

"7:30. But I should warn you. There's a good chance the authorities will show up to arrest us. If that does happen, could you teleport us out of there?"

"Sure. Hey, is it okay if I bring someone along? He's a fellow fugitive." I tried not to give away who that someone was.

"Of course. As long as he's not a cop, he's more than welcome. See you at 7:30."

"See you then." I smiled and then hung up.

This will be the first time I'm leaving this place in months!

"You're happy," Loki observed as I put my phone down. "So, where are we going?"

"Some restaurant to meet up with the Shield team. Don't worry. It's completely safe."

"Didn't he just say they're all fugitives as well?"

"Yes, but if the police do show up, we can teleport them away before any of us are caught."

"And why am I joining? Last time I checked, that specific group of people wanted to kill me."

"You're joining because I'm not going anywhere without you, and I don't have enough energy to teleport more than two people right now. The last thing we need is for me to overdo it again. As for them wanting you dead, I'll talk some sense into them. Plus, Coulson already seems to have forgiven you. And he's the one you killed." I reasoned with him.

"I think he only forgave me because he had been irresponsible, sending you into a Hydra base by yourself, and needed someone to keep you from dying." He said grimly.

I know he still feels responsible for the incident, even though I don't blame him. I never did.

"Well, lucky for him, I survived. Because if I did die, I'd be haunting his sorry ass for all eternity." I joked, trying to make light of the heavy topic.

"I suppose one good thing did come out of that situation." He said thoughtfully.

"What's that?"

"I realized how much I cared when I thought there was a possibility you might die. How strong my feelings were for you."

"I know. You told me that was when you knew you loved me." I teased and got up. "Now come on. We have to be there in less than an hour and we still gotta figure out your excuse for tagging along."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.9K 26
√Book 1 of 2 Series√ "Wait for me... Because I'll always wait for you" Have you ever felt..... Magical? Loved? Betrayed? Abandoned? Cause that's...
13.3K 604 33
"Lia, I have always given you what you wanted. This is the first time I want something from you. Can't you just do that for me?" "Alright Tony. I'll...
354K 10.3K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...
1.5K 89 19
"I am not my father - so stop treating me like I am." Being the sole 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 heir to Loki Laufeyson always proved to be difficult. Treated like...