See For Me [Editing slowly]

By WandererAtHeart

Eden has been through more than most, and she's ready to start on her own . . . but not quite yet. With only... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Final Chapter

Chapter 20

837 27 6
By WandererAtHeart

A/N: Get ready for it! It's a new Chapter! Please Vote COMMENT and fan if you like it!

************************************************

I woke up burning and tingling all over. I had no idea what time it was but I didn't hear any movement in the house. The loudest noise was the sound of breathing right next to my ear. I sniffed a little and smelled Caleb's scent and a faint whiff of pizza. Someone needed to brush his teeth.

Someone needed to get off my back―literally.

"Caleb," I mumbled into the pillow. There was no response so I tried again and nudged him with my hip, accidentally bumping into… something. Again? Really?

I growled out his name again, a little more awake now and I felt him tense just the barest breath but it was enough to tell me he was awake and faking his sleep.

"Get of now," I threatened.

"Yes ma'am," he said in a tight voice and rolled away. I shivered from loss of contact and he came close again and covered me with just his arm. He was still a bit excited but at least it wasn't touching me. His only tell was his hormones. I wouldn't say it but I preferred him close, I just wish I did not have to suffer from the smell of his hormones. Mine were enough to torment me I didn't need his practically begging me to give up my pride and jump him.

So I settled for lying as still and tense as a rock. Caleb on the other hand couldn't keep still and was wriggling closer every second. Every vibration, every tingle of heat from friction coursed up my back and taunted me. Caleb sucked in a slow breath between his teeth, making a small hissing noise.

"If it's that uncomfortable then don't stay here," I said with narrowed eyes.

Caleb let out a short huff, "Will you just shut up and relax. At least pretend you're enjoying this," he said exasperated.

He didn't seem to be getting this, "I can't relax."

"Then shut up."

I flipped myself around so we were facing. "Make me."

Caleb took that as a blatant invitation and he pressed his lips against mine. It was short and I was shocked and when he pulled away I held my disappointment at bay. "That wasn't what I meant," I said curtly.

"I know," he said a little bit breathlessly and without pause went back to my lips. I couldn't keep my head from spinning. I couldn't think rationally and when it was over I blamed it on the hormones.

It must've only been ten minutes but the way my body was on fire made it hard to focus. I wanted my clothes off but I couldn't do that. We only kissed. Kissing does not warrant stripping Eden. It does not warrant stripping.

I pushed myself a little bit away from him but stayed close enough that we were still touching.

"I need air," I gasped. Half of me was joking to lighten the mood but the other half really needed to breathe.

Caleb pulled me closer, "Who needs air?"

"Clearly you do," I said pushing against his chest, "If that question is any indication."

It was getting stuffy in such close proximity and the only options I had were continue and find myself in a pool of sweat-covered regret, or separate myself from this lust-filled boy and cuddle up with an air conditioner instead. That air conditioner was getting more appealing with each wave of hormones hitting my nose when faced with what would undoubtedly be shame and regret at the end.

It took more of a struggle than I expected but five minutes later I was sitting cross-legged and hugging the air conditioner. Caleb remained on the bed whining about how he just wanted to cuddle with me. I would have sworn he was intoxicated but there was no scent of alcohol on his breath. Was this what a heat did to male wolves when they spent too much time near a wolf in heat without getting any or was this unique to Caleb?

I didn't dwell on it too long when I realized Heather, Johnny, and Keagan were leaving today. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand and stood up. I quickly changed into a skirt and tank top and fixed my mussed up ponytail.

I found my siblings in the kitchen and gave them each a hug. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much," I mumbled into Keagan's shoulder.

"Don't worry too much, "Heather said from behind him, "You'll see us before you know it."

She had no idea. I was leaving in less than two months. I could last that long without them. It was just upsetting that I stayed away from them for the most part. I sent them out the main door shortly after and shut it behind them.

I didn't waste time on the ground floor and quickly returned upstairs. There were too many people on the main floor with too many hormones and too much noise. Of course Caleb was still upstairs which left me Gypsy's room which I found to be occupied.

Blake really needed to start using his room for their little rendezvous'. Now I had nowhere to go but the hallway which I found myself wandering over and over… and over… and over. It felt like hours before I came across something even remotely interesting. I honestly had no idea where I was but it smelled more like old people here than in any other part of the house.

"You really should come dear," A voice said a little further down the hallway. It was that catty old elder again, I could tell by the overwhelming scent of cinnamon. Great. She was totally on my list of top people I wanted to see right now.

The smell was so thick I was surprised cinnamon dust was floating in the air. No wonder my gag reflex was acting up.

Well, her voice may have had something to do with it.

"I know but this is the new alpha's title ceremony; the whole pack should be there," the elder spoke. There was a pause while the other person was talking. "You are still part of the pack!" the elder said defiantly. Maybe this person had moved.

"What you did five years ago shouldn't make a difference. Besides, you know Caleb always had a soft spot for you. . . His father doesn't matter; he'll have no control after then. . . Trust me you'll regain your spot in the pack. You might even get a better one," the elder whispered.

I didn't like this. I didn't like this conversation at all. I moved a step closer to her room and listened more carefully.

"Just make sure you're here. Do you promise― hold on I think someone's at my door," she quickly hung up and I dashed down the hallway. I flung myself into an open door and pressed myself against the cool, dry wall. Down the hall I heard the Elder's door open and she took a quick sniff of the air.

Crap.

She could probably smell me. What if she knew I had heard her conversation? She didn't like me much as it is. Who was she talking to though? I didn't know but they were planning something and whoever was going to show up on the twelfth was not meant to be here. It was someone who had issues with Alpha Ericson.

I heard the crone's door close and I snuck back down the hallway. I tried walking the way I had come but honestly I had no idea of I was right. I followed my nose for a while until there wasn’t a trace of cinnamon in the air. I used to like cinnamon until I came here.

I knew I had to tell someone what I had found but who? This was an elder though and it was my word against hers. Only someone who really trusted me would ever believe me and there was only one person I knew who might possibly fall into that category depending on the day I caught him. Although considering this morning's events, today could be one of those days.

I followed the noise to find my way back to a familiar area and when I made it into the kitchen I turned on my heel and stopped short. I planned to go back upstairs and into Caleb's room to find him but it seemed he was in the living room playing video games. I couldn't talk to him there. He's nineteen― nearly twenty― about to become alpha, and yet he's still playing video games on a nearly daily basis. Maybe it's because I'm blind but I will never understand the obsession.

I sighed and continued to head back to the stairs. I had absolutely nothing to do. I headed toward Gypsy's room to see if they were finished and heard Flapjacks wag his tail as I neared.

"Come on boy, let's go out and play," I said and slapped my hands on my knees. Flapjacks perked up and ran circles around me all the way out of the house. He ran out briefly and returned with a Frisbee in his mouth that he pressed against my knee so I could find it. The sun was hot and I tied my shirt up past my midriff.

I heard the sliding door on the patio open up as someone stepped out. I didn't recognize the smell but it was distinctly male. I ignored him and hoped he would do the same as I flung the Frisbee out and Flapjacks' chased after it.

I heard footsteps nearing and I cautiously stepped away. I was being so ridiculous. Honestly I've had this heat for four days now and the only time I was even approached by guys was on the first day. I guess the first day is the worst. The point is, I've been oozing hormones for four days and nobody has bothered me so there's no reason they'd start now. I remained where I was and I heard Flapjacks running toward me. I held my hands out for the Frisbee but he blew past me and snarled at the person behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I had never heard Flapjacks so vicious before.

I heard another snarl, there tearing of clothes, and the crackling of bones. Whoever had approached me had changed and was going to fight Flapjacks.

I wheeled around to face them and called Flapjacks back to me desperately but Jacks wouldn't obey. I grimaced and ran toward the noise grabbing at chunks of fur and hoping I didn't get in the way of their teeth. Neither animal noticed my attempts to pull them apart.

I glared at them, "Enough!" I commanded. Jacks made one last bark and I heard the stranger shift back.

I walked toward the sound of his breathing and slapped him hard in the face.

"Bitch!" he cried.

"How dare you attack my dog?" I shouted.

His breathing was still heavy and he didn't answer. I felt a tight unfamiliar grip around my wrist yank me forward and push me against a wall.

"Stay away!" I cried frantically and kicked at him. I twisted my wrist out of his grip and scratched at his eyes, neck and bare chest. He howled in pain but pushed me further into the wall. "Get off!" I screamed at him but he wouldn't relent.

"Shut up!" His hand grabbed at my breast and I squealed in terror. I heard Flapjacks barking and snarling at him from behind, jumping on him. The man turned and smacked Flapjacks without releasing me. This hadn't happened before. Why hadn't this happened before? Why was it happening now? Tears streaked my cheeks and dripped into my mouth as I pushed him away with all my strength, barely moving him an inch. He slapped me in retaliation and I bit my tongue. Flapjacks hadn't gotten back up. Blood welled in my mouth. I slumped against the wall catching my breath and his grip loosened just a fraction. I dove to the side, scraping my shoulder against the rough wall. He grabbed my leg and I gripped the patio tiles with my fingers trying to crawl away. I screeched as he pulled me back and I could feel a sting all the way up my forearm. I kicked and kicked and ended up on my back.

"Get! AWAY!" I shrieked and jerked my leg upward straight and fast hitting the soft flesh between his legs. I heard a gasping, choking noise and he hit the ground hard. I scrambled to my feet and ran over to where I thought Flapjacks was and he whined when I neared him. "Shh, it's okay sweetie," I whispered to calm him. I heard the man wheezing behind me and rounded on him. With my foot I traced his backside until I found what I wanted and stomped as hard as I could. Let's see him try to use his penis ever again. But I wasn't done. That had been for me, this was for Flapjacks. I put my bare foot on his face and pressed it into the ground, making sure to scrape it across the tiles.

"Bastard," I spat. He groaned and I gave him one last kick in the gut for good measure.

I walked as tall as I could to the patio door with Flapjacks limping just ahead of me. As soon as the door was shut my body began shaking all over. I could barely flip the lock my hands trembled to fiercely. My forearms, hands, knees, and shoulders stung like I had poured acid over them. I leaned against the door and took deep breaths but before I knew it I was tucked into a ball on the floor shivering and crying soundlessly. I could feel his hands groping me, grabbing me, pulling me, pushing me, slapping me. I couldn't breathe. I gasped and wheezed but I couldn't feel the air in my lungs. My muscles were clenched so tightly I only shook.

Before I knew it I had passed out.

A/N: Whoohoo! New chapter out and a very dramatic one at that. I'm so excited!!  Only six days until that fateful "coronation" I guess we could call it!   Please Vote and COMMENT! I really love hearing what you have to say!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.5K 40
Book #1 in The Bonds of Fate Series "Excuse me sirs, but I think one of you dropped something." She spoke, her eyes not entirely fixed on them. Her...
98.5K 2.4K 40
Eden Martinez. Much more than your ordinary eighteen year old girl. At the end of her sophomore year she dropped out of college to join the army, a...
211K 6.7K 7
Chloe Patterson went blind due to a mysterious fire that started in her house. It is now a year later and after her parents were killed in a car acci...
12.6K 418 29
*****GIRLXGIRL***** Lea feels a connection to wolves. One wolf in particular. The one wolf with grey eyes that could be found in the woods behind her...