The Duke's Daughter

By Aoife_Sel24

Cassandra Allison Claire Von Montefrancesco is the sole and esteemed daughter of the Grand Duke of the Atesia... More

Prologue
01 - Reincarnated
02 - Market
03 - Start
04 - Unexpected
05 - Her
06 - preparation
Chapter 07 - The Party
Chapter 08 - The love that came back
Author's Guide
Chapter 10 - Venom
Chapter 11 - Gideon?!
Chapter 12 - Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 13 - The Seleriah
Chapter 14 - The Prophecy
Chapter 15 - Rava
Chapter 16 - Mystery man
Chapter 17 - It all starts now
Epilogue

Chapter 09 - His POV

1.2K 34 8
By Aoife_Sel24

Chapter 09 -
His POV

†Rivel Reese Sin's point of view†

“Master, we are almost at the kingdom of Atesia's boarders.” Joseph, my companion, told me.

Hmm, I wonder... Is she still waiting for me?

I chuckled to myself, that earned me a confused look from Joseph. I can't help it, that girl was always amusing for me to watch.

*Flashback*

(Rivel Reese, 12 years old)

I was walking in one of the gardens of Atesia. My family and I are visiting my Grandma who is residing in this Kingdom, and also my godfather, the Emperor.

King Fredrick Lucian Atlantis-Ates.

Both my Dad and my godfather are great leaders, I wish to be like them. Only less whipped for their wives, sure that's a good thing but sometimes it's a bit much.

I stopped for a while to admire my surroundings for a bit when I noticed a little girl was up a tree, crying.

I rushed to her aid and sure enough, she is stuck.

“Little miss, I'm here to help you, stop crying now.” She stopped crying and nod her head. I used some earth magic to built a staircase for her to get down on.

“Earth heed my command! Dliud em a esacriats!” I said.

I reached my hand to her and helped her down the stairs. I watched her dust herself off, after that she looked up to me.

She seems pretty young, maybe 6-7 years old? And now that she is up close, I could really see that she is quite beautiful for a young girl like her.

Her hair, is as dark as the night sky, skin as pale, fair as snow and soft to touch, just like expensive silk and the big soulful eyes that shines bright like the stars.

Is she a goddess? I thought.

“I-I am Cassandra Allison Clair Montefrancesco,” She's introducing herself to me! And she's a Montefrancesco?!

“Hello, Lady Montefrancesco, I'm sorry! I haven't introduced myself to you, I am Prince Rivel Reese Sin Lowitz-Graeyan, Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Etheria.” I curtsy as a sign of respect to her.

I knew the ties between the Montefrancesco and Ates, who wouldn't?

I kissed her hand, also a sign of respect to her as a lady of such importance but when I did that she suddenly snatched her hand away and she dashes off.

But before she could get any further away, she turns and I saw her beat red face.

She took a deep breath in and then;
“Prince Rivel, in the future I will marry you so you better wait for me!!!!” She shouted on top of her lungs. I think the whole empire heard her.

And then she left.

*Flashback ends*

After that encounter she never stopped following me whenever I visited the Kingdom. But 4 years ago, I needed to go to Murearivna (Mu/re/riv/na), to continue with my studies and today marks the end of it.

I have finished my studies there and I have already returned to my Kingdom a few days ago, now I am going to visit that little girl and see if she hasn't forgotten her promise.

*Flashback*

Three years ago

(Rivel Reese, 19 years old)

“Little lady, I know that you're behind that tree.” I told the little kitten that has been tailing me since I've got here.

I heard a rustling sound and a clacking of the floor.

I chuckled and turned to see her.
“Hello there, Little lady.” I greeted her. There was a playful smile plastered in my face. She's so flushed now, I don't know if it's from embarrassment or I'm just too handsome for her.

Tut, look what I'm thinking now. I have come to be so arrogant about myself. I thought.

(Cassandra Allison, 14 years old)

“Are you really leaving?” Her face had a worried face, that look does not look good on her.

I want her to have only that big smile on her face always.... Wait! What the heck am I thinking?! No, no, no! Erase, erase, erase!

You can't think that way, Rivel! She's freaking fourteen! She's a minor for goodness sake!

“Yes, I am. Why, is there something wrong with that?” She dipped her head down and began to stifle a sob.

Oh no, please don't make this hard for me as it is, little lady.

As I sigh, I walked towards her and gave her a big hug. This girl needed it, She's such a sensitive girl, I don't know why the Duke and the young masters of the dukedom treats her so cold and I don't know how she could take all that but still cry so easily like this.

“Shush, shush! I promise I'll be back for you, don't worry. Stop crying already.” I pat her back and tried to comfort her and tried to make her stop crying, it took me hours to finally made her stop.

“Have you calmed down now?” She nods. “Okay, that's good. I need to go now, I'll be back after my studies are done, I promise.” I told her.

“I'll be waiting for you, I will always wait for you, I promise you that I'll be waiting for you, no matter how long it is! I'll be here waiting for you!” She again cries loudly. “I will also promise to you, that you will be the only man I'll ever love, no matter what! I will never love any other man at all! I promise to you that!” She wails. She then breaks our hug and dashes off.

This girl, always running away. When I get back and you fulfil your promise to me, I'll never let you go, you are bound to me now and forever and for always.

*Flashback ends*

“Your Royal Highness, we have arrived.” Joseph whispered in my ear. I simply nod my head and didn't bother to say anything else.

Welcome to Atesia, a land of great leaders

There was a two big leopard statues on each end of the gate of the Atesian Boarders. Leopard has always been the animal sign of protection for every Atesian people.

While my Kingdom's animal sign of protection are Tigers. We entered the gates with ease and as soon as we passed through the gates, we were greeted by people everywhere.

I got confused why there were many people out, is there any kind of celebration?

“Joseph, What is happening? Is there kind of celebration going on here that I don't know of?” I asked my companion for answers.

“Well technically yes, your highness! There is a celebration happening.” My ears perked up at the sudden information I have newly found. “It is the birthday of Duke Theordeo Montefrancesco's only daughter, Cassandra Allison Clair Montefrancesco but....” He caught my attention when he suddenly trails of his words.

“But, what? But what, Joseph?” He seems to have second thoughts on telling me but he eventually spilled it out. “There has been a rumor circling around the Kingdom for quite some time now, and it involves the Montefrancesco family.” I payed close attention to every single word he says.

“There has been a girl, by the name of Evelyn Adelia Verdi claiming to be the Duke's long lost daughter. Her claim made a whole stir all across the Kingdom, and it cause people to question if it's true and I think it has come to the Dukedom, and that is why they are making a whole fuss about it.” I frowned, after he finishes his story.

“But isn't it Cassandra's birthday today, why are they making Cassandra's special day turn to that stranger's? I know that they treat her very coldly but this? I can't even find a proper way to describe it.” I feel saddened about this.

Don't worry, my little lady. I promise you that I'll give you nothing but happiness and love for all eternity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 1 5
Summary: Treachery, Manipulation, Attempted Murder, Black Magic, corruption, And defamation.This where all what Arabella was gulity of. She befriend...
3.2K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
9.9K 1.8K 97
COMPLETED ✔️ Previously known as Catch Cassandra and Jace... Remember how their story went? But hold on... this isn't about them. None of this is ab...
815K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...