Rimuru and Iruma's Adventures...

By mu1622

A bored Rimuru Tempest accompanies Diablo when he goes to meet with an old friend in the Netherworld. What wi... More

Boredom
Welcome to the Netherworld
The Meeting
A Private Chat
Iruma's Story & A Talk With Sullivan
Preparations
The Entrance Ceremony
First Day Familiars
Meeting Clara
The Misfit Class
Encounter With Ameri
An Eventful Evening
Ambitions
Training
Execution Cannonball / The Duel
The Rookie Hunt
A Sticky Situation
Kiriwo's True Ambition
Why Are There Two? / The Others' Perspectives
The Day of the Party
Interactions With the Misfits
Wrapping the Party Up
The Student Council
The Concert
Covering for Kuromu
The Performance
Found Out
Demands and Doubts
Staying and Leaving
Return to Tempest
Exploring the Monster Country
Potential Problems
The People of Tempest
The Dinner Party
Consequences
Hinata's History Lesson
Rimuru's Student
Talking With Leon/Gobta's 2nd Chance
Someone has stolen both my books...
Schemes & Swords
Departure
Waiting for Walpurgis
Final Preparations
This is Walpurgis?
Beluran's Arrogance
Hard Lessons
Banquet and Discussions
Post-Walpurgis Discoveries
Tensions Between Twins
Alikred's Appearance
Explanations
Ameri's Affliction
Investigation Initiation
Delving Into Circumstances
Impending Election
Dissolution Dilemma
Case Closed
Ciel in Control [Bonus Chapter]
Iruma's Other Side
Mischief-Making Misfits
Coming Together
The Quest Concludes
Assisting the Student Council
Babylshenanigans [Bonus Chapter]
Nuisances
A Small Problem
Tattle and Tale
Mommy Issues
Exams
Having a Nice Time
Misfit Visits
Walter Park
Wacky Walter Antics
Wacky Walter Antics 2: The Wackening
The Depths of Depravity
Kaiju Chaos
Culling Kaiju
O Frabjous Day
Henri's Headache
Hotel Hijinks
Unwanted Attention
Into the Hubbub Forest
Traveling Trips
Tour Around Town
Catching Up
Festival Fun
Banquet Banter
Tempest Christmas Tales [Holiday Special]
Party and Politics
Talks, Walks, and Water Glocks
Love & War
Work & Play
Problems With Children
Your Name Is...
The Blue Trees of Jura
Code: S.L.I.M.E. (Prologue)
Pressure
Back to Babyls
Horny Beach (This ain't no lemon you hub-surfin' pervs)
Trainin' Hell
Pushing Yourself
Arrow Near The Knee
Having a Baal
Souls Aren't on the Menu... THIS Time
When The Nether Freezes Over
A Trial of Terror
End of the Festival
A Legendary Score
A Taxing Time Relaxing
Adorable Ego Death (Bonus Chapter)
Paint the Town Red

Aquamarine Blue

3.3K 129 76
By mu1622

Rimuru POV

"Well, have fun!" I say to Iruma as I drop him off for his date with Ameri. This, of course, demanded that I make an interdimensional rip in space-time, but I don't mind.

Now...back to that paperwork...

I sit with my pen in hand, about to get started, but...

You know what? I think I should tail Iruma on his date.

[[Are you attempting to dodge your responsibilities yet again, Master?]]

No, if anything, I'm fulfilling them! I need to protect Iruma, remember?

[[*sigh*]]

...

Wearing my striped one-piece swimsuit, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat, I'm standing at a distance from the two teens having their little date. Neither of them has noticed me, so I'm blending in pretty well, I think.

I'd previously changed my clothes to fit with the atmosphere of this place since my goal is to keep an eye on Iruma for his own protection. That's my job, y'know. Gotta keep him from figuring out that I'm watching him, though, or I might just go and ruin his time with Ameri.

The place Ameri picked is pretty impressive, I have to say. It's a sorta mix between an aquarium and a waterpark, I think. Iruma seems to like it a lot, at least; he looks so excited as he wonders at the large tank full of an assortment of aquatic beasts of different kinds.

"He's so excited," I say with a grin, seeing how Iruma is darting around, a huge smile on his face.

Ameri POV

"Wait, Ameri...if you're in a bathing suit, does that mean this place has a pool?" Iruma asks me.

"It does. The Aquacase is a recreation complex that has both an aquarium and a pool." I explain.

"That's so cool!"

He's definitely surprised...things are off to a great start!

"But...I didn't bring any swim trunks..."

"Don't worry, you can rent some here, I believe.

"Alright, I'll go do that!"

Now that I'm alone, I can take one more look at my date plans to make absolutely sure that this goes perfectly!

"I rented a pair and I'm all set!" I hear Iruma's voice say loudly and I whip around to see him already changed in record time.

I swiftly hide the binder of plans behind me so Iruma doesn't see them.

That was close...

"That was fast!" I exclaim, surprised he's back so soon. "They look very great on you. Good choice."

"Awww...thanks!" Iruma thanks me with a scratch of his head, smiling warmly at me. "Oh...and, um, I was so overwhelmed that I forgot to say this earlier, but...you look great too, Ameri!"

Already, my heart feels like it's going to burst from Iruma's compliment. Momentarily caught off guard, I try to keep my cool even though my face feels very hot already.

"D-do I really?" I sheepishly ask.

"Yeah!"

This date is the best! But, I can't let myself get too excited yet! You need to pace yourself, Ameri!

We have so much more to do, but if I let Iruma's kind words get to me too much, it will ruin all of that. Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying this already even though we just got to the Aquacase.

The first part of the plan: an exciting surprise.

This has been a success, so now I need to move on to the next.

Step two: holding hands.

The essential start to any successful date, which was even in First Love Memories! I need to make it work!

There are more steps to come, but for now, I need to focus on the second. And, as long as I carry out this plan flawlessly, Iruma and I will surely grow closer as a result! Maybe he will even carry me in his arms like a princess, and maybe we could even do...that one thing... y-know...

I touch my lips with my fingers, thinking about what Iruma and I might do...

No! I must focus and make this date a success no matter what!

"L-let's go that way!" I suddenly suggest, pointing to the transparent tunnel surrounded by water. It's the perfect place to have a romantic walk together, one where we can hold hands!

"Sure!" Iruma cheerfully agreed.

He takes the initiative and starts walking, and I follow closely behind him. Looking around with an amazed expression, Iruma is clearly enjoying the view.

"So cool...it's practically like we're walking underwater!" Iruma exclaims.

"Yes, I know what you mean, it's absolutely beautiful!"

"The only other times I've been to a pool or aquarium was for work, actually," Iruma says, pressing his hands up against the see-through wall of the tunnel and peering at the water on the other side. "This is the first time I've gone as a guest, so this all feels so new to me!"

It'll be alright...just stay calm...and...

With Iruma's hand in clear sight, I work up the courage to do what I need to do. Closing my eyes first, I reach out to grab it.

I did it! But...this doesn't feel like...

I open my eyes and find a confused Iruma staring up at me, with my hand grabbing his upper arm rather than his hand.

"What's up?" He asks me, sounding concerned.

"Oh, no, it's nothing! Don't worry about it! J-just ignore me..."

Why is Iruma's hand so far away? I know he's on the smaller side...but...wait! Maybe it's because I'm big?!

The thought hadn't ever crossed my mind before this moment, but maybe I'm just freakishly tall! I'm so big that I can't even reach Iruma's hand!

"Look! I think there's a slide over there! Let's go try it out, Ameri!" Iruma cheerfully suggests, completely oblivious to my internal panic.

"R-right..."

...

"You can ride little Bow here all the way down!" The worker cheerfully explains, giving the fish-like beast in front of him a friendly pat.

'Bow' is splashing excitedly, which Iruma seems to think is cute, based on his smile, although he tends to look like that most of the time.

"Let's ride down together, Ameri!" Iruma excitedly suggests.

"Okay!"

Yes, yes, yes! This is going well!

Plan part 3: The slide.

A boy sitting behind a girl while holding them tight while they ride down a slide together. Now that sounds like something perfect for a date!

"Make sure you hold onto him tight!" The worker says after we took our seats on Bow.

But...isn't this a bit backward?

I'm seated behind Iruma, rather than the other way around. Another issue caused by my height...

No, this is fine. This is completely fine! He is still close to me even if our roles here are reversed! Iruma wouldn't see a thing if I was in front, I suppose. So this is just a way to maximize his enjoyment of the ride! Yeah, that makes total sense!

I place my hands on Iruma's shoulders before Bow suddenly starts flapping its fins rapidly and we take off very fast.

"AHHHHH!" We both scream in unison, startled.

No, this isn't right! This is much too fast!

In a flash, we are at the end of the ride and are thrown off of Bow, sent flying in two different directions.

"That was...much faster than I expected..." I admit to Iruma after we reunite at the side of the pool.

"Y-yeah..." He mutters, clearly shaken.

Plan part 3 may have been a failure, but that is okay. My plan is far from complete!

"Let's get going, Iruma!"

"Uh, sure!"

...

"Wooow! It looks just like the ocean!" Iruma exclaims as he looks around at the beach area of the Aquacases leisure area.

Now, for step 4...a playful splashing fight. A staple of any date involving water, according to the forbidden texts!

I'm broken out of my internal planning with a cold sensation on my back.

"Eee!" I let out a little yelp.

I turn around and see Iruma smiling at me, his arms outstretched after having apparently splashed me.

"Iruma!" I complain, surprised he'd be so bold. But, his cute giggle at what he just did immediately melted my heart. I wasn't upset with him in the first place anyway.

"Now you've done it!" I playfully shoot back. "Take that!"

I splash back at Iruma with a big smile on my face...and send him flying with the large wave of water from it.

"I'm so sorry Iruma!" I apologize as I run up to him, now washed up on the beach and coughing up water. I was much too rough just then and I know it and I can only hope that Iruma isn't hurt.

"I'm...*cough*...okay...*cough*...don't worry about it!" Iruma laughs off my concerns in between sputtering coughs.

I need to be more gentle with him...he is human, after all...

...

Plan part 5: beach volleyball.

I just need to go easy and have some fun with him. No need to be serious about hitting the ball at a time like this! Focus on being cute and playful, not competitive and ruthless!

"I assume you already know the rules, correct?" I ask just to make sure.

"Yeah, of course!"

"And..." I gently toss the ball up. "...serve!"

I whack the ball, making sure to hold back.

But...

"Wuaaaah!" Iruma cries out, narrowly dodging the ball that unwittingly went shooting right at his face, slamming hard into the sand behind him.

"Oh my goodness! I'm...so sorry about that!"

"Don't worry, it's totally fine!"

I've never held back in my life, so I have no idea how to! I could have killed Iruma just then...

"Alright, let's try again!" Iruma insists, not afraid at all even after I nearly took his head off with a volleyball. "I swear, I'll hit it this time instead of dodging!"

Iruma has gotten all fired up in the same way he did during the execution cannonball game. The (very attractive) determined look in his eyes made that abundantly clear, but it didn't at all fit this setting or my intentions for this activity.

This wasn't what I wanted at all! This was meant to be a fun little jaunt, not an intense competition!

"No, Iruma, I...wouldn't want to hurt y-... any bystanders. Why don't we go get a snack instead?"

"A snack? I'd love to!"

Rimuru POV

Their date isn't going too smoothly, is it? Oh, well, Iruma seems to be enjoying himself anyway. Not so sure about Ameri, though, she looks pretty frustrated.

After multiple failures, now they're trying to have a little snack at the on-site cafe of sorts, and I decided to follow suit and grab a snack myself.

So now, sipping a smoothie, I sit at one of the tables away from the teenage pair, observing, but I'm not alone in that.

I'm not the only one currently watching their date; actually, that's been a fact the entire time. Ameri's overprotective dad is also spying on them. He's kinda nearby, seated at one of the other tables.

So, I move over to his table and take a seat, but he acts like he doesn't even notice me for some reason, so I speak up.

"You know, I'm surprised they haven't noticed you. I mean, you're wearing a full formal suit to a summer-style place like this where everyone's wearing swimsuits, tank tops, and shorts." I say to the man sitting nearby at a different table, unsuccessfully hiding.

He looks shocked for a moment by my addressing him before pushing up his glasses and shooting me a stern-looking expression.

"This outfit is enchanted with the highest level of detection warding, yet you spotted me. How long have you been aware of my presence?" Henri asks in a low voice.

"Since I got here."

"Tch. I assume you are here as Iruma's protector?"

"Sure. Gotta keep him safe."

"My daughter is fully capable of that without your supervision."

He looks pretty annoyed with me already...I bet he's worked up about his 'precious daughter' being here on a date.

"Nah, I think it's more my responsibility, especially when it comes to fending off redheaded helicopter parents. I can't be too careful when dealing with those." I poke a little fun at him.

"Do you really think so little of me that you believe I would do something to Iruma, right here in this public place?"

"No, you'd take it somewhere private first. That's more your style."

"I will do nothing of the sort as long as he doesn't lay a finger on my beloved daughter!"

Oh man, now he's getting fired up!

"You're proving my point right now by saying that. I'm aware of how soul-shatteringly brutal you law enforcement types can be, y'know."

And I mean 'soul-shattering' literally, too. The prosecutors in Tempest are widely-feared thanks to a certain purple-haired demon...

"Who exactly were you thinking of when you said 'you law enforcement types', where did you even get that idea from? Wait... Did you just use the term 'soul-shattering?' How do you even know about that?"

"Ultima and Carrera." I matter-of-factly answer truthfully.

"Are those supposed to be people's names? Who are they supposed to be?"

"Uhh..." I hesitate a bit to come up with a decent answer, "ancient evils who are also the chief prosecutor and chief justice respectively?"

I'm not lying, but there's no chance that Henri would know what I'm talking about exactly just from that.

"I have no idea what you are even talking about..."

See what I mean?

"...but putting that aside, what kind of idiot would make 'ancient evils' the chief of their police and court?"

Okay, now he's called me an idiot to my face. A bit annoying, but again, he has no way to know that I was responsible for that. Part of me wants to argue my side of things, but that'll cause me nothing more than a bunch more trouble.

"Don't get so worked up about it, Henri. You should relax a little more; read a book, watch some TV. I think your work might be getting to you, evident by this daughter-stalking you're doing right now."

"I am not stalking anyone! And you are doing the same thing, young lady!"

"Hey, just like I said before, I'm here doing my job protecting Iruma."

"My duty as a father is equally important. I must ensure my daughter is safe, regardless of what her personal wishes entail." He tries to get stony-faced, but I can still see right through it.

"Shouldn't you just leave? You're going to ruin their date if you keep this up, and I don't think Ameri would be too happy about you doing that, especially since I think she went to a lot of trouble arranging it."

"I should not just leave; I have a job to do. Also, this is clearly a friendly excursion, not a date!"

"It clearly is a date, Henri." I correct him.

"A date would involve them kissing!"

"Wait a bit and that might change."

"I must also point out that this entire event is clearly that Iruma boy's doing!" he venomously spat out.

Oh, look, it seems like this step of Ameri's plan isn't working out either. I never knew that a sundae could come alive with tentacles and stuff. I might need to intervene...it seems to be attacking Iruma...

"My daughter simply got beguiled by him!" Henri continues, but I'm more paying attention to what's happening nearby.

Oh, never mind. Ameri got it. It seems to just be knocked out though. Should I stay and help the staff with it?

"No, I'm pretty sure Ameri planned and started this entire thing. Haven't you noticed that thick binder she's been carrying around?" I point out.

Although it's covered in green slimy sundae remnants now...just like both teens.

But, Henri isn't responding to me, he's just staring instead.

"What are you looking at?" I ask.

"That thing on your head, what is it?" Henri asks insistently.

"A...hat?"

Pretty sure the Netherworld has hats. Why does he look so weirded out?

"No, not the hat!"

What the hell is this old man talking about?

Then, I feel something slip off of the top of my head, plop onto my plate, and watch it start eating what was left of my snack.

"Oh."

It's the little slime that I've been keeping around, but how did it get under my hat without me noticing it? How strange.

"What. Is. That? Rimuru, I demand an answer." Henri insists.

"A slime."

"What is a slime?"

"This is a slime," I say with an accompanying point at the small monster on the table.

Ciel? Any reason this little guy is here?

[[Because it requested to be here.]]

Requested? Oh, alrighty then...wait requested?! Since when did this slime have enough intelligence to request anything!? How is this possible?!

[[This slime possesses sufficient intelligence to request pens while playing. Therefore, it is aware of places, objects, and specific individuals.]]

I guess this little guy is a bit smarter than I thought. Pretty cool.

I give the slime a loving pat and it hops off of my now clean plate onto the ground.

Might as well let them explore, but I'll need to keep an eye on them.

It hops right around the floor for a little while, seemingly looking at all the tables. Before, eventually, it seems the little guy decided on a direction and goes right over to the now empty table of the two teens.

The sundae is still sitting there, completely knocked out. The petite blob hops right up next to it and pokes it a bit with a little tentacle of its own. Not just a normal slime tendril, but an actual tentacle, suction cups, and all.

I didn't know they could do that either. It seems like it can mimic things better than the average slime too.

The sundae responds by waking up and immediately growing crab-like legs and hopping away from my little buddy. It seems to now be in a world of its own, an epic staredown with a little blue blob.

The slime enthusiastically rolls right over to it, hopping above it before getting behind and trying to knock the crab-sundae over.

Its opponent responds with a claw at little slime, trying to snap at the gelatinous mass, but it is rendered ineffective by Self Regeneration in moments.

The green amorphous mass of a snack never saw it coming, as little slime expands out like a blanket and fully engulfs the seafood sundae, leaving the bowl empty in a moment. Then even the bowl dissolved into little slime.

The cute little guy looks really proud of itself (somehow). I walk over to it now that it's done with its little showdown and it hops closer and seems to look up at me.

Is it seeking approval or praise? I'm getting that same vibe from it that I get when some of my subordinates want me to compliment them after doing a job.

So, I scoop the small slime up in my hands and give them a few pats and rubs in a way that I know feels pleasant to a slime. You wouldn't think that petting a slime in a specific way would make much of a difference, but I know from personal experience that there are right and wrong ways to do it.

After some love, the little slime squirms its way out of my hands and hops back to the ground.

"Get that creature under control before it possibly kills someone or something here at the Aquacase." Henri orders.

"I don't think we need to worry about that happening," I assure him.

Or should we? I guess it might be able to eat a demon if it wanted to...Ciel?

[[It has shown no desire to consume any sentient beings.]]

But that doesn't exclude all those animals we saw on the way in...I better go grab it. Whoa, it already got far!

I start running in the direction I know it went.

"Hey, don't go running away from me, Rimuru! I am not done!"

"What, you told me to get it under control, didn't you?"

"Fair point, but-...wait, how are you running this fast!?"

Ameri POV

So much for a romantic snack together...and now I've found out that my father and Rimuru are here watching us both. Iruma doesn't seem to have noticed yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

After hearing the nonsense my father was spewing about Iruma 'beguiling' me, I stormed off with him since our sundae-eating moment was already ruined. If Father wants to watch, I'll show him that I am dead serious about making this date a success!

Rimuru, on the other hand, I suppose I can forgive for watching us. It is her duty to protect Iruma, after all, but I can't help but get offended that she can't leave that to me just for one day so we can have some privacy.

On the other hand...with how things have turned out...does Rimuru see me as a danger to Iruma?

No, I cannot focus on those failures! I simply need to make the rest of this date perfect!

"What're you doing here, little guy?" I hear Iruma ask out loud and look over to see that he's crouched on the floor next to the glass wall of the tunnel we are walking through.

"Iruma? What are you looking at?"

"Oh...um...this," he says as he stands up and points at a small, blue blob of some sort bumping against the glass.

Is it trying to get to the creatures in the tank?

"What a strange thing...do you know what it is?" I ask.

"Rimuru's pet...kinda. I think it got out and tagged along with me somehow. Come on, little guy. I can't leave you here."

Pet? I was unaware that Rimuru had a pet. This is now the second time that Rimuru is interrupting my date!

Iruma tries to grab it a few times but it just slips out of his hands over and over.

"No! You need to come with me! Rimuru will be sad if you go missing! Hey!"

He then takes off his cover-up and uses it to surround the creature.

"Calm down! Stop! Please!" Iruma pleads with it as he cradles the bundle in his arms that's desperately writhing. Finally, after a moment of fighting with it, whatever that creature is, seems to calm down.

Iruma opens up his jacket and I see that the blob has stopped moving.

"Gosh, you're a troublemaker. Let's go in my pocket so I can give you back to Rimuru later, okay?"

He then tucks it in the pocket of his swim trunks and breaths a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that Ameri. I couldn't just leave it sitting around here."

"No, I understand. What species is that, though? It's not anything I recognize."

Iruma hesitates for a moment but answers "It's called a slime. They aren't from around here, though, so I get why you didn't know about them."

I suppose this isn't the time to inquire about it. I must stay focused on my objective.

Iruma POV

"So we're gonna go to some kind of fortune-telling thing, right?" I ask Ameri.

"Yes. It is just through this tunnel." She answers, pointing ahead.

It's not long before we enter a room similar to an auditorium with a stage and a bunch of seats, the walls all glass and surrounded by water, just like the tunnel. Ameri and I find seats and sit down.

"This is so exciting, I can't wait!"

"Yes, I feel the same."

Ameri also looks very excited about this, squirming in her seat with anticipation.

"Hello everyone, we're ready! Welcome to Bowwow Mako's antenna fortune-telling show!" one of the announcers shouts into a mic.

"Now, let's call her to the stage! Come on out, Mako~!" her fellow announcer adds into her own mic.

The curtains part, revealing a large pool. Then, with a huge splash, a large dragon-like beast emerges from it and jumps up onto the stage. It has two glowing antennae on its head with little star shapes at the tips.

"Mako is able to pick out which couples are most compatible!" the first announcer explains to the crowd.

I feel the small slime in my pocket wiggle a bit, but it's not trying to escape.

That's when I notice that the eyes of the dragon named Mako are staring right at me for some reason.

"Oh my, Mako is always hungry! She's actually on a diet right now!" the announcer lady explains.

A diet? I kinda feel bad for her-

The dragon lunges forward, picking me up in her jaws.

"Oh no..."

"Mako, what are you doing?! Put him down right now!" one of the announcers screams.

"I bet she's fed up with the diet!" the other desperately says.

"That could be it, but she doesn't eat demons!"

Oh no...did the perfume I put on to mask my human smell get washed off? I made sure to put some on before coming back to the Netherworld, but with how wet I got earlier...

I scramble for my ring and manage to change its setting.

{{Rimuru, I'm in huge trouble! This big dragon thing is gonna eat me!}}

Then, I'm tossed high in the air by Mako and all I can think of is landing right in the beast's gaping maw below.

Please hurry, Rimuru!

"How dare you!" I hear a voice shout.

Ameri, enraged, springs high into the air and kicks the dragon in the snout. Hard.

Then she catches me mid-air before landing.

"Are you alright Iruma?" She asks while still holding me.

"Yeah. I think so, thanks to you."

The crowd roars with cheers around us.

Ooooh no...that's a lot of people watching!

...

Why does Ameri look so sad?

After some apologies from the staff members and some gifted annual passes to make up for nearly getting eaten, the two of us are left alone again.

"Ameri...are you alright?" I ask.

"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be!?"

But something is definitely bothering her-...wait, what is that on her leg?!

"Oh no, Ameri! You're hurt! Look at your leg!"

There's a large cut on her left thigh, that must be why she looks so upset! She probably wants to look strong and was trying to hide it from me.

"Maybe one of Mako's scales cut me earlier."

"You're bleeding! We need to get this treated! Can you walk?"

"Um...uh...if I tell you I can't, will you carry me...maybe?" She shyly asks, sitting down on the floor and hugging her knees.

Ameri is embarrassed to ask, I think. I better agree so she doesn't hurt herself more.

"I'd be happy to!"

Man, I'm glad I practiced Fractal...let's see...just change the setting and...

"I...was just kidding...you don't have to-" Ameri starts to say.

"No, let me do this for you!" I insist. I can't let her walk around if she's hurt and this is the least I can do.

"Huh?"

"Fractal!" I shout, casting the spell with confidence.

Ameri starts to float slightly off the ground and I scoop her up into my arms.

Her face is bright red...I better reassure Ameri that it's fine.

"This might be a little embarrassing for you, but don't worry, I got you!" I assure Ameri with a smile.

"O-okay..."

I start carrying Ameri, planning on setting her down on a bench up ahead. I'm sure Rimuru will show up soon since I called for her.

"Ameri."

"Yes?"

"I had a lot of fun today."

"You...did?" she asks, looking up at me and blushing a little.

"Yeah. Let's do something like this again sometime, okay?"

"Yes, I-"

"Oh, there you two are! Didja have fun?" a voice loudly asks, interrupting Ameri.

I look ahead and see two familiar faces looking at us, one with a smile and the other a scowl.

"Rimuru? Mr. Azazel?" I ask, confused to see them both. Yeah, I was expecting Rimuru to show up, but Ameri's father is definitely a surprise.

"What did you do to my daughter?! Put her down this instant, young man!" Mr. Azazel sternly orders.

"Y-yes sir!" I gently put Ameri down.

"You are injured! Is it that boy's fault?!" Mr. Azazel loudly asks Ameri.

Mr. Azazel starts stepping toward me and Ameri but then Rimuru steps in between us, matching Ameri's father's glare with her own, before finally turning her attention to us and then to Ameri's injury.

Then, with a bit of magic, Rimuru makes Ameri's cut disappear in seconds.

Rimuru looks at Mr. Azazel, smirking "What injury are you talking about, Henri?"

"I... Eh? What did you-"

"Anyway! We should really be going now, I bet Grandpa's getting worried." Rimuru cuts Mr. Azazel off, changing the topic.

"Oh, alright! I guess I'll see you next time, Ameri! That was fun!

Her face is red, I guess she's embarrassed by me carrying her in front of her dad...

"Wait!" I hear Mr. Azazel try to stop us, but Rimuru doesn't seem to care.

"Sorry, gotta go!" she says with a dismissive wave at the man then grabs my hand and starts pulling me away from the pair of Azazels.

"Wait, I still need to return these shorts!" I plead as she pulls me along at a jogging pace.

"Ah, fine. Go change before we leave, then."

Rimuru hands me some clothes from somewhere and urges me in the direction of the nearby changing rooms. I then get changed quickly and we return the shorts that I rented.

She then takes me to a spot out of sight of anyone else and reaches into the air in front of her before peeling space apart like a pair of curtains right into my room.

"Go ahead. Step through before someone sees." Rimuru says, looking around for any potential witnesses.

"Okay."

I follow instructions and Rimuru follows right behind me.

"Rimuru, why didn't you come sooner when I called you for help?" I ask once we're both safely back in Tempest.

"Well, Ameri had it, didn't she? I saw what happened." Rimuru explains, sounding completely unconcerned.

"Wait, you saw? Were you following us the entire time?!"

"Pretty much, hehe." Rimuru smirks.

As I was about to question her actions, I feel a squirming movement in my jacket pocket. (It must've migrated between my clothes while I was changing) Looking down, a familiar blue blob jumps out, narrowly missing my face, landing on the ground. With a little bounce, it makes a beeline straight for Rimuru.

"Miss me already?" She scoops the little slime up with her hands and... it disappears?

"Where did it go?"

"Somewhere safe."

"Uh... okay." I shrug.

"Well, I need to get back to work." Rimuru smiles, patting my shoulder. "Sleep well!"

"G'night!" I wave as Rimuru leaves the room. Poor Rimuru, having to work all night... but I guess she doesn't need sleep anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 423 9
what if. Rimuru was born much earlier. what if his nation was created with its people much earlier. and its ruler was neither a God Or anything supre...
174K 6.4K 63
[This story has a rewritten version out now "my only home". You won't have to suffer any longer with this terrible plot, but I'm keeping this up sinc...
168 8 1
Summary: Issei is dying from Samael's curse and Ophis decides to give Issei a second chance but it goes wrong and there both sent to a different real...
133K 3.2K 41
Rimuru Tempest, the King of the Tempest Federation Country, who is also a Slime as well as a member of the Octagram (Eight Star Demon Lord). 24...