The Before [Prequel- Part 1]

By notebookgirl22

If you told Catherine Stark that she would one day marry Loki Laufeyson AND have a daughter with him, she wou... More

Cast
An Unlikely Meeting
Coffee
Meeting again
The Party Fight
Jarvis
Klau
Salvage Yard
Barton Farm
The Cradle
Vision
Getting Catherine Back
The Battle For Sokovia
Saved
Avengers Compound
Old Friend
Stargazing
Excuses
Figuring things out
Saying Goodbyes
Newest Member of The Shield Team
Phone Calls
The Raven Witch
Ward's Brother
Hydra
Loki
Going Home
The Sokovia Accords
Secretary Ross
Picking Sides
Peggy Carter
James
A Familiar Face
Winter Soldier
Hydra History
"It's okay..."
Whitehall
"I love you."
Escape
Can we skip to the good part?
What the-
Cast
Space?!
Explanation
The Future?
A Renewal
Grill
Family Line
Working for the discount Bertram
The Thing That Everyone Needs To Accept
Goonie
Deke
Freaking Phil
Important Announcement
Gunner
Level 35
Doubts
Flint
The Crater
A Life Spent, A Life Earned
The Surface
The Zephyr
Back To The Lighthouse
Aunt Jemma's Advice
The Necklace
Reunions
It's Good To Be Back
Getting Some Rest
Fear Anomalies
Ebony Maw
Talking
Leaving
Strange
Odin
Hela
The BiFrost
Sakaar
Dream
Thor
"Yes! That's how it feels!"
"You won't lose us."
The Return Of Tony Stark
Thanos
Rhodey

Germany

98 9 39
By notebookgirl22

~~~Bucky's pov~~~
~~~Leipzig-Halle Airport, Germany~~~

We just pulled into the parking deck of an airport in Germany.

It's been over two days since I got Catherine taken away, and that guy, who I later found out was Loki, went to find her.

I'm not sure how much I trust that guy. I know what he did in New York.

I stood by Steve's car while he and Sam talked to the people who had just joined us.

Clint Barton, Wanda Maximoff, and some guy named Scott. Not entirely sure why he's here.

Steve looked like he was about to say something when two people suddenly materialized on the parking deck beside us, just a few feet away.

"What the hell..." I faltered when I realized who they were.

Catherine and Loki.

She's okay.

"Hey, guys! Clint! I haven't seen you months! How have you been?" She asked, giving the archer a hug, who just stood there in shock. As did everyone else.

Did she not realize that she was gone for two plus days?

Loki was still in the same spot, however, and I could tell he was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Where were you?!" Steve finally asked, getting over the initial shock.

"You know, a random Hydra facility. No big deal. I'm here now." She brushed him off.

I was still speechless, with both shock and shame.

"Catherine, I am so sorry." I managed when she walked over to me.

"Don't be. You couldn't help that the doctor said those words. I shouldn't have given up my position so readily." She gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's good to have you back, Kit-Cat." I smiled back, masking my guilt.

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

"What's the plan? How are we getting to Siberia?" I asked, clapping my hands.

I may have looked fine, but trust me when I say I wasn't.

With Loki's help, I cast an illusion to cover up all the cuts; and bruises. My magic still isn't at 100%.

"We got a chopper lined up. It's-" Clint was cut off by a man speaking German over the PA system.

I looked to James for translation. He's fluent in almost any language in the world.

"They're evacuating the airport."

What? Why?

"Stark." Sam looked at Steve and then at me.

Dad...

"Stark?" A man I'd never seen before asked.

I did I quick mind scan and found that his name was Scott Lang. Ant-Man. He has mixed emotions about being here. He wants to help Captain America, but he also wants to be home with... His daughter, Cassie. And his girlfriend and partner, Hope. Tonight was supposed to be movie night with them.

I immediately felt guilty, even if I wasn't the one who dragged him into this.

"Time to suit up." Steve told us, looking out at the empty airport.

With that, I used my magic to change my outfit to my combat suit.

(Vote on which one you like better for Catherine's suit!)

or

While the others got suited up like regular people, Loki spoke to me telepathically.

"Are you sure you're up for this?"

I sent him a small smile.

"Of course."

Okay, so that's a lie.

If there's any fighting, I'm screwed. But hopefully, I can talk this out with my dad.

~

Steve ran up to the helicopter that was waiting for us on the helipad. Seconds later, an electro-shock grenade landed on it, disabling it.

I know that tech. I helped develop it.

Dad flew down from the sky with Rhodey.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" He asked Rhodey as he landed and retracted his mask.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey agreed.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve started. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this, even Catherine's disappearance."

I noticed Dad tense. "Where is she, Rogers? Where?!" He asked, his eyes hardened.

I can't reveal myself yet, and it's killing me.

The Wakandan Prince T'Challa, The Black Panther, jumped down, joining them.

"Captain."

"Your Highness." Steve bowed his head politely.

"Anyway, Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you in, and it's been fifty-six hours since then. Can you help a brother out?" Dad spoke up again.

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people a couple of days ago."

"And there are five super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Alright, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Dad called, and a new person jumped down from the roof behind Steve and used...spiderwebs...to grab his shield.

He landed on the wing of a plane in a classic superhero pose.

Peter Parker. Spiderman. He's..... He's only 14!? Dad, what the hell are you doing?!

"Nice job, kid."

Yeah, emphasis on kid!

"Thanks. I could have stuck the landing a little bit better it's just the new suit. No, it's nothing, Mr. Stark! It's perfect! Thank you!"

Again I say, kid!

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"You've been busy." Steve was as surprised as I was.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, Pietro, and Wanda. I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

I... I don't know if I can do this... That's my dad. I can't fight him.

I'm just glad Natasha isn't here. At least, not that I've seen.

"You did that when you signed," Steve retorted.

"All right, we're done. You're going to turn Barnes over, and you're going to come with us. Now. Because it's us; or a bunch of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite."

Sam started speaking to us via comm link. "We found it. Their quinjet's in hangar five, north runway."

Steve nodded. "Alright, Lang."

Scott, the size of an ant, climbed up the shield Spidey was holding and grew to normal size, kicking him in the process and giving the shield back to Steve.

I can't do this. These guys are basically my family. And my dad is my family.

I stayed hidden in the parking deck until Steve gave me the signal to show myself.

Five minutes passed. Five minutes soon turned into ten. Now I'm worried.

Then I heard Steve's voice over comms.

"Catherine, Loki, now!"

I teleported to him instantly, which may have been a mistake. Keeping the illusion up, combined with teleporting, was wearing me out fast.

We were all running to the quinjet. Me, Loki, Wanda, Pietro, Scott, Steve, Sam, and James. But we stopped short when Vision appeared and shot his laser at us.

Lovely. At least Dad hasn't seen me yet.

"Captain Rogers, I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now."

The rest of Dad's side landed, and formed a line about fifty feet away.

That's when he saw me.

"Catherine?" His voice was almost broken, making tears form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I really am. But I can't let those soldiers get out. You have no idea what they're capable of. I won't hurt you. I just need you to understand why I'm doing this."

He nodded, though he looked hurt.

"What do we do, Cap?" I heard Sam ask. At least, I think it was Sam. My mind is too messed up to process anything clearly.

"We fight," Steve answered, to my dismay.

We ran forward at his command, and our forces collided.

The Avengers were fighting each other.

All of us, except Nat... Where is she?

Dad and Steve were fighting, Rhodey was going after Sam, T'Challa was trying to kill James, Clint and Wanda were fighting with Vision, and Spidey was attacking Scott. Loki was helping Clint and Wanda.

I wasn't fighting any of them.

It's not just because I think it's wrong. It's because I physically can't. I feel like I'll pass out any second.

I knew I had to help when I saw the fight between T'Challa and James.

"I didn't kill your father." James tried to explain, but T'Challa wasn't having it.

"Then why did you run?"

"Because people were trying to kill him. It's called survival instincts!" I said, wrapping T'Challa in mist and throwing him far away from James.

"Thanks, Kit-Cat." He was breathing heavily as I helped him up.

"Any time."

He ran off to help the others, but I stayed put and hid behind a storage container.

Using that magic to help James killed my energy.

I struggled to stand and kept falling back against the container.

"You got this, Catherine. You're okay. Just get back to the fight." I told myself.

I heard repulsor jets behind me, and I turned to see my dad jumping out of his suit and running over.

"Cat? Are you okay?" He put his hand on my shoulder.

"No, not really. But it doesn't matter. Don't you have a fight to get back to?" I really hoped my illusion was still up.

"You're more important than some stupid fight. What happened to you? You were gone for two days." His face was filled with concern and I knew I couldn't possibly lie to him about this.

"Okay, fine." I relented. "Short story, Hydra. Long story, way too long and confusing for you to ever understand."

His eyes widened. "Hydra?! Again?!"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Super inconvenient." I rolled my eyes.

He shook his head. "You know what? I don't care. All I care about is that you're alive and standing in front of me and- Holy shit!" He stepped back, seemingly stunned by something behind us.

I looked at him questioningly before turning around and seeing.....

Okay, what?

Scott was now sixty feet tall, holding on to Rhodey, who was trying to fly away.

"Tiny dude is big now. He's big now." Dad ran back to his suit, looking back at me once and saying, "Don't get yourself killed. Please."

"I won't." I was still staring at the scene in awe.

That was extremely cool.

~

The fight continued, much to my disappointment. Really? Has nobody here ever had to talk out their issues instead of just punching?

Thanks to Scott's distraction, Steve and James were almost at the quinjet.

I was standing just a few feet away from them when Vision shot his laser at the air traffic control tower, and it started to fall in the path of the hangar door.

"No!" I yelled, using my magic to hold the structure up.

I was half kneeling on the ground, struggling to keep the entire building from collapsing.

Forget my magic draining my energy. At this point, I would be lucky if the much over-exertion didn't kill me.

They were almost at the quinjet. I just needed to hold it a little bit longer-

Out of nowhere, a loud sonic sound wave gun was now trained on me, thanks Rhodes, and I had to let go of the tower.

The sound continued, and I brought my hands up to my ears as I screamed in pain and collapsed to the floor.

Make it stop! Make it stop!

If possible, the sound got louder and louder, and suddenly, it stopped altogether.

I opened my eyes just in time to see Loki knock Rhodes back a good hundred feet with his magic before running over to me.

"Did they make it? Steve and James? Did they make it to the quinjet?" I asked, trying to get up when he got close.

"Sit back. Don't strain yourself." He said, kneeling next to me, my head in his lap. "And yes. They made it. Thanks to you. And Romanoff."

I furrowed my brows. "Nat? She's here?"

How could she be here?

He nodded. "She showed up in the middle of the fight, and I helped her get to the hangar. She should be in there with them now."

"So, she's on our side-" I was cut off by Dad yelling after Rhodey.

He was falling out of the sky.

If he hit the ground at this speed, he could die.

I'm not letting that happen.

"Catherine, wait. Don't-" Loki tried to stop me.

I didn't listen and used my magic to cushion his fall, letting him down slowly, and preventing injury.

Then my consciousness started slipping.

"Darling, keep your eyes open. Please." Loki looked down at me with concern and fear.

I looked into his mind. He's afraid that the magic was too much. He's scared of... Of losing me.

"I'm okay," I assured him, sending him a weak smile. "I'm just tired..." That's when I heard the sirens. "And that's the police coming to arrest us." I groaned. "Loki, I need you to get out of here."

"What? No. I'm not leaving you here." He shook his head in disbelief that I would ever suggest such a thing.

"You have to. If they catch you... It's worse for you. You not only didn't sign the Accords, but with your history with the government, they'll do a lot worse than some high-security prison cell."

"That doesn't matter. If you're staying, then I'm staying."

"No. You're not." With that, I used the last of my energy to teleport him far away from here.

Then, I passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.9K 26
√Book 1 of 2 Series√ "Wait for me... Because I'll always wait for you" Have you ever felt..... Magical? Loved? Betrayed? Abandoned? Cause that's...
448K 18.7K 66
{SET BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 'THOR'} - "Did you know," she said, sitting on the ground and turning to the prince, "that Midgard has an entire language d...
351K 10.6K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...
354K 10.3K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...