LOTR x Male OC insert.

By N7Legion-Games

Derrim is part Dúnedain(Man), and part Ñoldor(Elf) who wanders through the lands of Middle Earth in search of... More

Disclaimer
Bio.
Unexpected Journey.
An Adventure.
Rivendell
Thinning out the Herd.
Lodging
Mirkwood
Lake Town
Desolation of Smaug Pt.1
Desolation of Smaug pt 2.
Smaug's is Dead
The Price of Loyalty
The Battle of the Five Armies
The Battle of the Five Armies II
Lord of the Rings
Riddles in the Dark
Fellowship of the Ring
Broken Fellowship
The Two Towers
Ride to Helms Deep

The White Wizard

1.2K 46 46
By N7Legion-Games

Frodo, Sam, and Gollum. Gollum leads them out of the labyrinth of rocks.

Gollum:
See, see? We've led you out! Hurry, hobbitses, hurry! Very lucky we find you.

Sam just glared at Gollum. He didn't trust Gollum as far as he could throw him. Gollum innocently smiled at him.

Gollum:
Nice hobbit.

Gollum then hopped away to get back in the lead. Time had passed, and they found themselves in a swamp.

Sam:
It's a bog! He's led us into a swamp!

He exclaimed. The swamp went on for miles in every direction, and seemed endless.

Gollum:
A swamp, yes, yes. Come, master. We will take you on safe paths through the mist. Come Hobbits, come! We go quickly. I found it. I did. The way through the marshes. Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go round for miles and miles. Come quickly. Soft and quick as shadows we must be.

A bit later, Sam, Frodo, and Gollum pause to rest. Sam, and Frodo dig into their packs and grabbed some Lembas Bread.

Sam:
I hate this place. It's too quiet. There hasn't been sight nor sound of a bird for two days.

Gollum:
No, no birdses to eat. No crunchable birdses. We are famished! Yes! Famished we are, precious.

Gollum catches a worm and slurps it into his mouth. Sam looks at this with disgust. Frodo feeling sorry for Gollum tears off a piece of his Lembas Bread, and tossed it to him.

Frodo:
Here.

He quietly said as he tossed it to him.

Gollum:
What does it eats? Is it tasty?

Gollum bites into it and starts choking

Gollum:
It tries to chokes us! We can't eats Hobbit food! We must starve!

Sam:
Well starve then. And good riddance.

He exclaimed with venom in his voice.

Gollum:
Oh, cruel Hobbit. It does not care if we be hungry. Does not care if we should die. Not like Master. Master cares.

Frodo clutches the ring through his shirt as if he was guarding it. Gollum slowly reaches for it.

Gollum:
Master knows. Yes. Precious. Once it takes hold of us, it never lets go.

Gollum gets closer, and closer, and then Frodo jerks back from Gollum.

Frodo:
Don't touch me!

He exclaimed.

Gollum backed away and slowly lays down as if he was in shame of what he did.

The three of them continued their journey through the marshes small fires were seen as they continued.

Sam:
There are dead things! Dead faces in the water!

Gollum:
All dead. All rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle long ago. The Dead Marshes. Yes, yes! That is their name. This way. Don't follow the lights.

Sam stumbled steps into the water, but quickly recovered.

Gollum:
Careful now! Or hobbits go down to join the dead ones, and light little candles of their own.

Frodo sees one of the many faces in the water. He was in some sort of trance as he continued to stare, then suddenly his eyes opened revealing pale white eyes. Frodo then fell into the water.

Sam:
Frodo!

He shouts.

Frodo sees many faces of the dead in the water. Their hands reach for him, seeking to draw him into their realm. Suddenly he is grabbed from behind and pulled ashore. It was Gollum who was desperately trying to save his master. Frodo pulled from his trance looks at him.

Frodo:
Gollum?

Gollum:
Don't follow the lights.

Frodo:
Gollum...

Gollum crawls away leaving Frodo to stare at him with a blank expression.

Sam:
Mr. Frodo! are you alright?

Nightfall: Sam is asleep but Frodo is still awake. He holds the Ring in the palm of his hand, staring at it and stroking it. Suddenly he hears a voice

Gollum:
So bright, so beautiful. Ah precious.

Frodo quickly puts the ring away, and looked at Gollum.

Frodo:
What did you say?

Gollum:
Master should be resting. Master need to keep up his strength.

Frodo slowly approached Gollum.

Frodo:
Who are you?

Gollum:
Musn't ask us. Not his business. Gollum! Gollum!

He choked out.

Frodo:
Gandalf told me you were one of the river-folk.

He said as he leaned in closer.

Gollum:
Cold be heart and hand and bone. Cold be travellers far from home.

Frodo:
He said your life was was a sad story.

Gollum:
They do not see what lies ahead when sun has faded and moon is dead.

Frodo:
You were not so different from a Hobbit once, were you... Smeagol?

Gollum looks at Frodo with a look of shock.

Gollum:
What did you call me?

Frodo:
That was your name once, wasn't it? A long time ago.

Gollum's face looked like he was in some sort of trance as he tried to remember.

Gollum:
My... My name... Smeagol.

Suddenly a loud screech from a Ringwraith was heard frightening Gollum.

Sam:
Black Riders!

Gollum:
Hide! Hide!

He desperately exclaimed, as he hid under one of the nearby mossy tree.

Frodo feels a sharp pain in his shoulder as he is reminded of the encounter he had with Witch King Angmar. Sam seeing this grabbed Frodo and dragged him where Gollum was.

Sam:
C'mon Frodo, C'mon!

Gollum:
Quick! They will see us! They will see us!

Sam managed to drag Frodo under the mossy tree with Gollum, and they huddled together to stay out of sight.

Sam:
I thought they were dead!

Gollum:
Dead? No, you cannot kill them. No.

The Ringwraith continues to screech as he was seen riding on a fellbeast.

Gollum:
Wraiths! Wraiths on wings! They are calling for it. They are calling for the precious.

Frodo reaches for the Ring. Sam holds Frodo's hand preventing him from grabbing the ring.

Sam:
Mr. Frodo! It's alright. I'm here.

The Ringwraith circles overhead and flies off into the distance.

Gollum:
Hurry, hobbits. The Black Gate is very close.

Meanwhile, Aragorn and company go into Fangorn Forest to look for Merry and Pippin. Gimli is seen licking black blood, and violently spit it out.

Gimli:
Orc blood!

Dwali:
You didn't have to lick it. I knew it was Orc blood from the mere sight of it.

Gimli growled at him.

Gimli:
Don't be such a know-it-all, boy.

He growled.

Ciri:
These are strange tracks.

She said as she examined the tracks. Aragorn observed her talent, and was impressed.

Dwali:
The air is so close in here.

Legolas:
This forest is old. Very old. Full of memory... and anger.

The trees began to creak, and groan. Gimli lifted his axe ready for a fight.

Tauriel:
The trees are speaking to each other.

The noises get louder, and Gimli, and Dwali were getting prepared.

Derrim:
Gimli! Dwali!

Gimli:
Huh?

Aragorn:
Lower your weapons.

He gestured with his hand.

Gimli:
Oh!

Dwali:
Oh, sorry!

He said as he puts his hammer away.

Tauriel:
They have feelings, my friends. The Elves began it: waking up the trees, teaching them to speak.

Gimli:
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hm? Except the consistency of squirrel droppings.

Ciri:
More than you can possibly imagine, Gimli.

Suddenly Legolas spoke.

Legolas:
Aragorn, nad nâ ennas!
(Something is out there!)

Derrim, Legolas, and Tauriel were on guard. Tauriel then quietly whispers to Legolas.

Tauriel:
Man cenich?
(What do you see?)

Legolas:
The White Wizard approaches.

Aragorn:
Do not let him speak. He will put a spell on us.

Everyone was getting ready for a fight. Dwali had his hammer ready, Gimli had his axes ready. Tauriel, and Legolas both drew arrows. Derrim, Aragorn, and Ciri all had their hands on their swords.

Derrim:
We must be quick.

Ciri:
Agreed.

With a yell, the seven swing round to attack in accord. They are suddenly blinded by a bright light emanating from the White Wizard.

Gimli's axe and Legolas', and Tauriel's arrows are deflected. Dwali lunged at the figure with a shout, but was knocked away, and was sent into Gimli, as they fell to the ground. Aragorn's, Derrim's, and Ciri's swords becomes to hot to hold, and they dropped them.

Wizard:
You are tracking the footsteps of two young hobbits.

Derrim:
Where are they?

Wizard:
They passed this way the day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?

Aragorn:
Who are you? Show yourself!

The light dims, revealing......

.....dressed in white. Stunned by this they were all speechless. Gandalf was alive and well. Derrim fell to his knees in an instant. Knowing that his good friend was alive, he felt a sense of relief. Ciri was happy to see him. Dwali knelt before Gandalf out of respect, and a way to apologize for leaping at him.

In a moment, Aragorn spoke in disbelief.

Aragorn:
It cannot be!

Legolas:
Forgive me. I mistook you for Saruman

He said kneeling before Gandalf. Tauriel, Ciri, and Gimli all followed suite.

Gandalf:
I am Saruman. Or rather Saruman as he should have been.

Derrim:
You fell!

He said as he got up, and approached him.

Gandalf:
Through fire and water.

A flashback of Gandalf fighting the Balrog with what he had left.

Gandalf:
From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought him, the Balrog of Morgoth.

Gandalf, and the Balrog were seen at the top of a mountain peek where a tower was built. A heavy storm surrounded them and the fight was taking its toll on Gandalf. Lightning struck Gandalf's Glamdring, and he stabs the Balrog in the gut killing it, and it fell off the tower onto the snowy peek.

Gandalf:
Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside. Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life age of the earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

Aragorn:
Gandalf

Gandalf gave a strange look.

Gandalf:
Gandalf? Yes. That was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Grey. That was my name.

Gimli:
Gandalf!

He exclaimed with a joyful, yet

Gandalf:
I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

They start to walk through the forest, with Gandalf leading the way

Gandalf:
One stage of the journey is over another begins. We must travel to Edoras with all speed.

Dwali:
Edoras? That is no short distance.

Aragorn:
We hear of trouble in Rohan. It goes ill with the king.

Gandalf:
Yes, and it will not be easily cured.

Gimli:
Then we have run all this way for nothing. Are we to leave those poor Hobbits here in this horrid, dark, dank tree-infested...

The forest groans in anger, and Dwali smacked Gimli on his shoulder, and gave him a glare.

Gimli:
I mean charming... quite charming forest?

Gandalf:
It was more than mere chance that brought Merry and Pippin to Fangorn. A great power has been sleeping here for many long years. The coming of Merry and Pippin will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains.

Aragorn:
In one thing you have not changed, dear friend.

Gandalf:
Hm?

He glances at Aragorn.

Aragorn:
You still speak in riddles.

Derrim:
What he means is that something is about to happen that has not happened since the Elder Days. The Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong.

Gandalf:
Exactly.

Gimli:
Strong? Oh, that's good.

Gandalf:
So stop your fretting, Master Dwarf. Merry and Pippin are quite safe. In fact, they are far safer than you are about to be.

Gimli:
This new Gandalf's more grumpy than the old one.

Outside the forest, Gandalf whistles piercingly. Soon an answering neigh is heard and a white horse appears from the plain, answering the call.

Legolas:
That is one of the mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell.

Tauriel:
Can it be?

Gandalf:
Shadowfax. He's the lord of all horses.....

Gandalf gave a respectful bow to him before he approached, and started to stroke his mane.

Gandalf:
...and he's been my friend through many dangers.

Ciri:
Truly majestic. Shame that Artorias had to miss this.

Both her parents chuckles at this.

The eight are seen riding off. Aragorn on his horse, Gandalf was seen riding Shadowfax, Legolas and Gimli are seen riding on Legolas' horse, Ciri, and Dwali were seen riding on Luna, and Derrim and Tauriel were seen on Sif.

Back in Fangorn Forest, Treebeard walks with Marry and Pippin in his branches as they listen to his verses.

Treebeard:
"O rowen mine I saw you shine Upon a summer's day Upon your head How golden-red The crown you bore aloft" (Merry yawns) Such a beautiful verse

Merry:
Is it much further?

Treebeard:
Bru-ra-hroom. Don't be hasty. You might call it far, perhaps. (Shows an overview of Fangorn Forest) My home lies deep in the forest near the roots of the mountain. I told Gandalf I would keep you safe. And safe is where I'll keep you. I believe you will enjoy this next one too. It's one of my own compositions. Right.

Treebeard clears his throat, Pippin so trying hard not to fall asleep.

Treebeard:
"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves
And the dreams of trees unfold
When woodland halls are green and cool And the wind is in the West Come back to me Come back to me And say my land is best (Treebeard looks at the hobbits, Merry and Pippin are sleeping) Oh..

Treebeard puts the hobbits on the ground.

Treebeard:
Sleep, little Shirelings. Heed no nightly noise. Sleep till morning light. I have business in the forest. There are many to call. Many that must come. (He turns around and walks away) The Shadow lies on Fangorn. The withering of all woods is drawing near.

With Gandalf and company, Aragorn gets up from a fire and joins Gandalf, and Derrim who are standing a short ways off looking towards the east.

Gandalf:
The veiling shadow that glowers in the east takes shape. Sauron will suffer no rival. From the summit of Barad-dûr, his Eye watches ceaselessly. But he is not so mighty yet that he is above fear. Doubt ever gnaws at him. The rumor has reached him. The heir of Númenor still lives.

Gandalf: (continuing with a whisper) Sauron fears you, Aragorn. He fears what you may become. And so he'll strike hard and fast at the world of Men. He will use his puppet, Saruman, to destroy Rohan. War is coming. Rohan must defend itself, and therein lies our first challenge for Rohan is weak and ready to fall. The king's mind is enslaved, it's an old device of Saruman's. His hold over King Théoden is now very strong. Sauron and Saruman are tightening the noose. But for all their cunning we have one advantage.

Derrim, and Aragorn look to Gandalf.

Gandalf:
That the Ring remains hidden. And that we should seek to destroy it has not yet entered their darkest dreams. And so the weapon of the enemy is moving towards Mordor in the hands of a Hobbit. Each day brings it closer to the fires of Mount Doom. We must trust now in Frodo. Everything depends upon speed and the secrecy of his quest.

He looks to both of them.

Gandalf:

Do not regret your decision to leave him. Frodo must finish this task alone.

Aragorn:
He's not alone. Sam went with him.

Derrim:
He insisted on it.

Gandalf looked pleased with this.

Gandalf:
Did he? Did he indeed? Good. Yes, very good. I also noticed that Dwali hasn't said anything to your daughter, Derrim is it because of a father's intervention?

Derrim:
Definitely not mine, but that of his mind. My daughter is one of the many blessings bestowed upon me. She is free to love whom she wishes. Dwali is frightened by the thought of her rejecting his love. To be honest I was the same way when it came to Tauriel.

Aragorn:
Then you should tell him, my brother. Let him know you were once in his shoes.

Derrim nodded to him.

We now see Sam climbing a rock face. Frodo is following. They come to the top and see the black gate.

Gollum:
The black gate of Mordor.

(Gollum cringes.)

Sam: (Whispers)
Oh save us. My old Gaffer would have a thing or two to say if he could see us now.

Gollum:
Master says to show him the way into Mordor, so good Sméagol does, Master says so.

Frodo:
I did.

Armed and armored orcs are walking along the top of the Black Gate.

Sam:
That's it then, we can't get past that.

Soldiers yell orders in a different language, a large group of foreign soldiers are marching towards the black gate. A horn blares, Gollum cringes and large trolls start to open the gate.

Sam:
Look. The gate. It's opening.

Sam climbs further out onto the rocks.

Sam:
I can see a way down.

The rock that Sam is on gives way and he falls.

Frodo:
Sam! No!

Frodo follows after Sam.

Gollum:
Master!

Two soldiers from the group notice the rocks sliding down the hillside and stop to look. Frodo slides down to Sam. He attempts to pull Sam out, but he's unsuccessful. The soldiers get closer. Frodo throws his Elvish cloak over them to camouflage them. The soldiers stare for a moment then gives up and return the group. Frodo takes the cloak off of them and gets Sam out of the gravel, and they get ready to make for the gate.

Frodo:
I do not ask you come with me Sam.

Sam:
I know Mr. Frodo, I doubt even these Elvish cloaks will hide us in there.

Frodo:
Now!

Gollum:
No! (He grabs the two hobbits and yanks them back) No, no master, they catch you, they catch you! Don't take it to him. He wants the Precious. Always he's looking for it, and the Precious is wanting to go back to him. But we mustn't let him have it.

Frodo jumps again to try and run for the Black Gate before it closes. Gollum grabs him again.

Gollum:
No! There's another way. A secret, a dark way.

Sam:
Why haven't you spoken of this before?!?

He barked at Gollum.

Gollum:
Because Master did not ask.

Sam:
(Pushes Gollum) He's up to something.

He accused, but Frodo didn't listen.

Frodo:
Are you saying there's another way into Mordor?

Gollum:
Yes. There's a pass, and some stairs, and then...tunnel.

Gollum sighs and lays his head against Frodo's arm.

Frodo:
He's led us this far, Sam.

Sam:
Mr. Frodo, no.

Frodo:
He's been true to his word.

Sam:
No.

Frodo:
Lead the way Sméagol.

Gollum:
Good Sméagol, always helps.

The Black Gate clangs close.

Merry slowly wakes up and looks for Pippin. Sitting next to a little waterfall, Pippin drinks from a large bowl. Merry gets up and looks around.

Merry:
Hello? Treebeard? Where has he gone?

Pippin:
I had the loveliest dream last night. There was this large barrel, full of pipe-weed. And we smoked all of it. And then you were sick. I'd give anything for a whiff of Old Toby.

Merry turns around as he hears the trees groan and walks towards Pippin.

Merry: Did you hear that? (the trees groan again) There it is again. Something's not right here. Not right at all.

Pippin gets up and stretches making a groaning noise.

Merry:
(surprised) You just said something... Treeish.

Pippin:
No I didn't. I was just stretching. (does it again)

Merry:
(walks around Pippin) You're taller!

Pippin:
Who?

Merry:
You!

Pippin:
Than what?

Merry:
Than me!

Pippin:
I've always been taller than you.

Merry:
Pippin, everyone knows I'm the tall one. You're the short one.

Pippin:
Please, Merry. You're what? Three-foot-six? At the most? Whereas me, I'm pushing 3'7″. (stretches again, Pippin smiles) 3'8″! (Pippin drinks eagerly from the bowl)

Merry:
Three-foot-eight!? You did something!

Pippin shrugs and smiles, while putting the large bowl on the rock he was sitting on. Merry grabs the barrel from Pippin's hands and takes a gulp and grins at Pippin while running away from him.

Pippin:
Merry, don't! Don't drink it!

Merry tries to keep Pippin away while he takes another drink from the barrel. Pippin, unsuccessfully keeps trying to grab the barrel from Merry.

Pippin:
Merry! No, Treebeard said that you shouln't have any.

Merry:
(still running) I want some!

Pippin:
It could well be dangerous!

(Merry still runs while managing to keep out of Pippin's reach.)

Pippin:
Give me it back, Merry!

The draught sloshes and spills as Merry tries to climb over big tree roots. The tree groans as Merry and Pippin trip over the roots and fall and find themselves being trapped as the roots close around them.

Pippin:
What's happening?

Merry:
It's got my leg!

Pippin:
Merry!

The hobbits struggle, trying to free themselves, but eventually disappear behind leaves that fall over their faces.

Merry/Pippin: Help!

Treebeard returns to silence.

Treebeard:
Away with you. You should not be waking. Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

The hobbits reappear again and quickly get up.

Treebeard:
Go to sleep. Away with you. (to the Hobbits) Come, the forest is waking up. It isn't safe.

Treebeard picks them up and walks away.

Treebeard:
The trees have grown wild and dangerous. Anger festers in their hearts. Black are their thoughts. Strong is their hate. They will harm you if they can. There are too few of us now. Too few of us Ents left to manage them.

Pippin:
Why are there so few of you when you have lived so long? Are there Ent-children?

Treebeard:
There have been no Entings for a terrible long count of years.

Merry:
Why is that?

Pippin:
We lost the Entwives.

Pippin:
Oh, I'm sorry. How did they die?

Treebeard:
Die? No. We lost them. And now we cannot find them. I don't suppose you've seen Entwives in the Shire?

Merry:
Can't say that I have. You, Pip?

Pippin:
What do they look like?

Treebeard:
I don't remember now.

The seven and Gandalf are riding towards Edoras. They stop as they go over a hill and see Edoras.

Gandalf:
Edoras, and the Golden Hall of Meduseld. There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan, whose mind is over thrown. Saruman's hold over King Théoden is now very strong.

In the throne room, Éowyn kneels at Théoden's side.

Éowyn:
My lord, your son, he's dead. My lord? Uncle? Will you not go to him? Will you do nothing?

Gandalf:
Be careful what you say. Do not look for welcome here.

Derrim:
Most of my life has been filled with the unwelcoming faces as they gaze upon a half-breed.

Ciri:
I dare them to say something to me about it.

She said with venom in her voice.

Dwali:
Remind me not to get on your bad side lass.

They ride towards the gate. Éowyn is in the chamber with Théodred's body, weeping. Grima enters the room.

Grima:
Oh, he must have died sometime in the night. What a tragedy for the King to lose his only son and heir. I understand his passing is hard to except especially now that your brother has deserted you.

He sits on the bed and puts his hand on her shoulder. She quickly gets up and backs away from him.

Éowyn:
Leave me alone, snake!

Grima:
Oh but you are alone. (Circling her) Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness in the bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink. The walls of your bower closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing. So fair and so cold (he puts his hand on her face) like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill.

Éowyn closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. He moves his hand down to her throat. She looks at him with disgust.

Éowyn:
Your words are poison.

She leaves the room and goes outside, she sees the riders approaching. A flag rips off a pole and goes flying in the wind, landing just outside the gate as the riders go through the gate. Aragorn hesitates as he rides through the gates, looking at the flag and then up from where it came. They ride through Edoras. The people watch them in silence. Aragorn looks up and sees Eowyn. He looks back down at the townspeople.

Gimli:
You'd find more cheer in a graveyard.

Dwali:
It's unsettling how right you are on that.

Aragorn looks back up at where Eowyn was standing and finds that she is gone. The guards come out of the hall as the three and Gandalf get to the top of the stairs.

Gandalf:
Ah.

Háma:
I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame by order of Grima Wormtongue.

Gandalf nods to the others and they all start disarming themselves and handing their weapons over to the Edoras soldiers.

Ciri:
Take special care of these, boys.

She said glaring at them.

Háma:
Your staff.

He said to Gandalf, but Gandalf decided to play on his old age, and use his staff to steady himself.

Gandalf:
Oh, no. You would not part an old man from his walking stick?

Háma grimaces and gives a slight nod then turns to lead them into the hall. Gandalf winks at Aragorn.

Grima: (Whispers to Théoden)
My lord, Gandalf the Grey is coming.

The doors close behind them.

Grima:
He's a herald of woe.

Gandalf:
The courtesy of your hall has somewhat lessened of late Théoden King.

Grima: (Whispering)
He's not welcome.

Théoden: (Haltingly)
Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?

Grima:
A just question my liege. Late is the hour in which this conjuror chooses to appear. Lots spell I name him, ill news is an ill guest.

Gandalf:
Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crude words with a witless worm.

He showed his staff to Grima who coward backwards.

Grima:
His staff. I told you to take the wizards staff.

Grima backs away. Soldiers come rushing forward. Aragorn, Derrim, Tauriel, Ciri, Dwali, Gimli, and Legolas fight them off. Háma holds back Gamling from joining. Gandalf continues forward as if nothing is going on.

Gandalf:
Théoden son of Thengel. Too long have you sat in the shadows.

Gimli puts his foot on Grima's chest, stopping him from getting up.

Gimli:
I would stay still if I were you.

Dwali:
I would love it if you did, that way I could start pulling your teeth with my bare hands.

Grima shudders in fear of the two Dwarves now standing over them.

Gandalf:
Harken to me. (Théoden grimaces and lets out a slight growl. Gandalf raises his hand) I release you from this spell.

Théoden:
Hahahahaahaha. Hahahahahahah. You have no power here Gandalf the Grey.

Théoden is still laughing, suddenly Gandalf takes off the gray cloak, revealing the white robes that he now wears. A bright light shines around him as Théoden screams.

Gandalf:
I will draw you Saruman as poison is drawn from a wound.

Théoden slams back against the throne, Gandalf gets closer pointing his staff at Théoden. Éowyn enters and tries to run to Théoden, but Aragorn grabs her and stops her.

Aragorn:
Wait.

Saruman:
If I go, Théoden dies.

Gandalf again throws him back against the throne with his staff.

Gandalf:
You could not kill me, you will not kill him.

Saruman:
Rohan is mine.

Gandalf throws him against the throne again.

Gandalf:
Be gone.

Théoden screams and lunges at Gandalf, he hits Théoden with the staff. Saruman slides across the floor in Orthanc. Théoden moans and slides down in the chair. Aragorn lets Éowyn go and she runs over and catches Théoden. She puts him back up in the throne. His face begins to change back into the younger Théoden. Éowyn smiles at him, as he began to look like his old self again. He gazed at her and smiled.

Théoden:
I know your face. Éowyn. Éowyn. Gandalf?

He said as he looks at him.

Gandalf:
Breathe the free air again my friend.

Théoden stands up, and gazed around the room.

Théoden:
Dark have been my dreams of late. (He looks at his hands.)

Gandalf:
Your fingers would remember their old strength better if they grasped your sword.

Háma comes up with Théoden's sword, Théoden takes it. Grima attempts to slide away. Gimli grabs him. Théoden looks at his sword, then to Grima who is cowering on the floor. Grima is then thrown out of the hall down the stairs. Théoden is following him.

Grima:
I've only ever served you my lord.

Théoden:
Your witchcraft would have had me crawling on all fours like a beast.

Grima:
Send me not from your sight.

Théoden raises his sword to strike, Derrim stops him.

Derrim:
No, my lord. No my lord. Let him go. Enough blood has been spilt on his account.

Aragorn offers a hand to Grima to help him up. Grima spits into Aragorn's palm and gets up and runs through the crowd.

Grima:
Get out of my way!

Aragorn/Derrim:
Hail Théoden King!

The Rohirrim bow to Théoden, Grima rides away from Edoras. Aragorn bows to Théoden. Théoden turns around and looks at the people from the hall.

Théoden:
Where is Théodred? Where is my son?

An:(And that's the end of this chapter, I hope you guys liked it and I will see you in the next chapter).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 2.7K 17
Kala Wukar. She who walks the desert. She who is one with the sand. She who is one with Arrakis. The girl who he dreamed of long before she came to...
26.1K 1.1K 34
Post Battle of Five Armies, the story of Legolas's journey north to find the ranger known as 'Strider'. Essentially how Legolas met Aragorn (plus all...
6.2K 273 14
Legolas Greenleaf steps into a new dimension, meets a young girl whose father looks exactly like his. What could possible go wrong? --- Middle Earth...
215K 7.6K 48
Areya, a young Elf, has escaped Mirkwood, only to find that outside of the kingdom, the world is frightening and different. When she is brought to La...