Butterfly Effect [BNHA Variou...

By Ehanda_real

[Cover was found on Pinterest. Posted by ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Gᴀʙʀɪ ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ; Story is inspired by Changing History [MHA Va... More

Prologue
✯ 2 ✯ Elementary
✯ 3 ✯ The Ripple
✯ 4 ✯ Sudden Appearance
✯ 5 ✯ Blue Fury
✯ 6 ✯ Time And Time Again
✯ 7 ✯ Mr. Explosion
✯ 8 ✯ The Start of Something Terrifying
✯ 9 ✯ Walking Right Into Trouble
✯ 10 ✯ The Birth of a Hero
✯ 11 ✯ Ten Months
✯ 12 ✯ Entrance Exam
✯ 13 ✯ Fallout
✯ 14 ✯ Starting Line
✯ 15 ✯ Heated Encounter
✯ 16 ✯ Mock Battles-Part One
✯ 17 ✯ Mock Battles-Part Two
✯ 18 ✯ Mr. President
✯ 19 ✯ Recognition
✯ 20 ✯ Tidal Wave
✯ 21 ✯ Safe But Not Sound
✯ 22✯ Recovery & Reunions
✯ 23 ✯ A Friendly Interrogation
✯ 24 ✯ Ice Cream Date
✯ 25 ✯ A Simple Walk
✯ 26 ✯ Bakusquad...Without Bakugou
✯ 27 ✯ Rainy Day
✯ 28 ✯ Chaos
✯ 29 ✯ Mister Inferiority
✯ 30 ✯ Welcome Back To Class
✯ 31 ✯ Finally A Normal Day
✯ 32 ✯ Chaotic Lunch
✯ 33 ✯ Declarations of War
✯ 34 ✯ The Festival Begins
✯ 35 ✯ The Second Game
✯ 36 ✯ Intermission
✯ 37 ✯ The First Rounds
✯ 38 ✯ The Second & Third Rounds
✯ 39 ✯ The Finals
✯ 40 ✯ Awards Ceremony
✯ 41 ✯ The Iida Brothers
✯ 42 ✯ Internship Offers
✯ 43 ✯ Internships Begin
✯ 44 ✯ The Hero Killer
✯ 45 ✯ Hospital Time Once Again
✯ 46 ✯ Back To Normal
✯ 47 ✯ Races and Changes
✯ 48 ✯ The Beginning of Study Time
✯ 49 ✯ Study Times, Part One
✯ 50 ✯ Sleepovers & Teachers
✯ 51 ✯ Study Times, Part Two
✯ 52 ✯ A Day Out
✯ 53 ✯ Semester Finals
✯ 54 ✯ Meeting & Shopping
✯ Movie: Two Heroes ✯
✯ 55 ✯ Class 1-A's Swim Meet
✯ 56 ✯ Journey to Doom
✯ 57 ✯ Training Nightmare
✯ 58 ✯ Vanguard Invasion
✯ 59 ✯ Vanguard's Final Bow

✯ 1 ✯ The Anchor

6.8K 234 67
By Ehanda_real

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

Over the years I'd come to learn what my parents' quirks were.

My mother had a healing quirk called Healer's Touch. It was similar to Recovery Girl's quirk, but it worked differently. She would use the energy in her own body to heal others around her through her hands. When she'd use her quirk on someone a warmth would spread through them and calm them as she healed them. Due to her amazing quirk, she was one of the best doctors in the country and was primarily put on heroes' cases.

My father, on the other hand, had Photokinesis. Also known as light manipulation. He worked as a personal investigator and mostly took missing person cases. This meant he'd often be gone for days at a time.

I hadn't gotten my quirk yet, despite being five years old. However, when we visited the doctor he said he wasn't sure if I had a quirk or not. He believes that if I do have a quirk my body is just taking a bit longer to adjust to said quirk.

Today was one of the days when my father was on one of his cases, so my mom took me with her to a house call. I was excited to see her quirk and how it worked.

As we got out of the car I looked at the house with a sense of familiarity. Something about the house made me feel nervous. My mother crouched down beside me and looked into my eyes.

"I need you to be on your best behavior. Can you do that for me?" she asked.

"Mhm," I nodded.

My mother smiled and ruffled my hair before standing up. She grabbed my left hand before walking to the gated door. She hit the doorbell before waiting.

"Who is it?" a gruff voice asked.

"(S/N), Sayuri. The doctor," my mother replied curtly.

I looked up in surprise at how she replied. She never used a tone like this before. It was stern and firm. Her face held an air of forced professionalism as if she was trying to mask her anger.

"Come in," the gruff voice replied.

The gates creaked open and we entered. As we walked closer and closer to the traditional Japanese house my mother's grip on my hand tightened. She then knocked on the door and it was opened. As I looked up at the man my heart sank.

Endeavor...Enji Todoroki stood in front of me.

Endeavor is a tall, sturdily-built man with a very muscular physique. He has short crimson hair which he wears spiked up around his head and sharp turquoise eyes. His beard and mustache appear to be made of fire, but when he voluntarily turns off the flames on his face, a small amount of stubble shows around his jaw. Currently, the fire for his beard and mustache was on as he looked down at my mother with an indifferent look.

"I'd like to see the boy as quickly as possible. To prevent scarring as much as possible," my mother said.

Endeavor hummed and was about to move to the side when his eyes met mine. His eyes narrowed as his mouth morphed into a scowl. However, he said nothing as he moved to let us in. Once inside we removed our shoes, to be respectful, and put on some guest slippers they had. We were then led deeper into the house by Endeavor.

I could tell my mother did not like this man, and I definitely couldn't blame her. Even if the man wasn't an abusive asshole his aura was enough to put anyone off. His air of superiority was suffocating.

We reached a closed room door and Endeavor opened it. Inside I saw a familiar little boy who seemed to be the same age as me. The left side of his head was bandaged up while he stared out the window with his right eye. From what I could see his hair was white, but I knew the bandaged side was red.

Shoto Todoroki.

This was not how I expected to meet a canon character. It certainly put the situation I knew would happen in a more personal light. Here I was watching the direct aftermath of Shoto's damaging origin.

My mother let go of my hand and walked into the room. Her frustration and anger towards Endeavor seemed to disappear as she focused on Shoto. My mother slowly sat next to Shoto, on the bed he sat in, and offered Shoto a smile.

I was about to follow her when Endeavor grabbed my arm. I looked up to see his harsh glare aimed down at me. I didn't hesitate in glaring right back.

"Let go," I glared.

Endeavor's brows raised a bit, but he didn't let go. A tense silence fell over us as our eye contact was maintained.

"(Y/N), dear, would you go outside? I'm sure the other kids won't mind playing with you while I work," my mother said.

I looked over at her, but it was clear she hadn't taken her eyes off Shoto. I wanted to argue so I'd stay with her and Shoto, maybe give Endeavor a piece of my mind, but I pushed those selfish thoughts aside.

"Okay," I muttered.

Endeavor led me towards the backyard and I followed with a good deal of distance between us. I was deep in thought. If my mother was Shoto's doctor during this time in his life I would likely be back in this house. I would most likely have a chance to form some sort of connection with Shoto, and perhaps I could help him recover much sooner than in the anime. If I could just get the point of him being his own person across to him before Midoriya then we could make a lot of progress.

At least I know what time period I'm in now.

Still, this solidifies that everything is real. I'm in Boku no Hero Academia. I'm the same age as the main characters of the show. I can make a difference.

But do I want to?

It'll be dangerous and I could get myself killed. Even if I did make that decision there is no certainty of me getting into UA, which is what I'd need to do to make a difference.

Still, I feel selfish.

Deep down I only really want to make a difference to assure myself that I'm not useless in this new world...this new life. I'd be using the knowledge I have, altering people's lives, to assure my self-serving goal. I mean, sure, if I succeeded in making a difference I could make things better for the people involved, but I could also make it worse.

Much worse.

Now that I think about it, if All For One found out I knew everything he was about to do in the next year...that could bring disaster.

So I have to keep my knowledge secret.

Of course, that's easier said than done. My parents are already hyper-aware of, what they believe to be, my higher intellect. Of course, it's because of my mind thinking at the age of a nineteen-year-old, but I couldn't just tell them that. It was one of the reasons I was still homeschooled. That and they were too busy to drive me to and from school every day.

Ugh! Why is this so difficult?!

"Hey!" Endeavor called, snapping in front of my face.

I could just feel the irk mark appear on my head as I refrained from yelling at the man. I looked up at Endeavor and kept a calm front.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking. What did you say?" I asked.

"I asked, what's your quirk?" Endeavor asked.

Oh no he did not. You're kidding. I'm five! Of course, he doesn't really care about that, but I cannot believe the audacity of this man. If it was anyone else then I'd probably not care, but this is Endeavor. And the only reason Endeavor would ask this question is for one reason.

Quirk Marriage.

"I don't know," I replied.

"And what do you think I'll be?" Endeavor asked.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see how it's any of your business," I replied.

"You should respect your elders, kid," Endeavor scowled.

"I do. Just not you," I replied.

I opened the door we were in front of and stepped out of the house into the backyard. In the yard were three children along with who I assumed to be a nanny of some sort.

The first child was the boy I knew to be Natsuo. He sports white spiky hair with two short strands hanging down the middle of his forehead. His hair had two streaks of crimson red He also has gray eyes with fairly long eyelashes. He looked to be about eight or nine right now.

Next to Natsuo was Fuyumi. Fuyumi had gray eyes. She has white hair, flecked with a few noticeable traces of a crimson-like color, which is mostly shoulder-length aside from the ear-length side bangs she sports and the short clump she leaves hanging down her forehead. I knew she was a year older than Natsuo, making her about nine or ten.

Then I met his eyes...Dabi. Or I suppose Touya Todoroki right now.

Touya had a round face and unruly crimson hair that was spiked up in tufts around his head, falling down his forehead in uneven bangs, though due to inheriting his mother's genes, his hair slowly turned white. He also wore a plain gakuran jacket as well. He was ten or eleven.

The three turned to me as I stepped onto the grass.

"Hello, I'm (S/N), (Y/N). Please take care of me," I bowed to the three.

As I stood back up I saw Touya's eyes trail to his father as Fuyumi stepped closer.

"I'm Todoroki, Fuyumi. This is Natsuo and Touya. Do you want to play with us?" she asked.

"Sure!" I smiled.

With that simple introduction, I was now a friend of the Todoroki siblings. Natsuo and Fuyumi warmed up to me quickly, but Touya was still...cold.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'd been going to the Todoroki house almost every day. I'd always avoid Endeavor, like the plague he was, and would play with the three older kids. I hadn't even had a chance of getting close to Shoto.

Currently, I was sitting with Touya on the porch as Fuyumi and Natsuo played with each other. Touya had claimed he didn't want to play the game and I gave the excuse that I was a little tired. In truth, I wanted to talk with Touya.

There was an awkward silence between us. With me not knowing how to bring up...any subject, really. Touya wasn't tense, but he definitely wasn't relaxed either.

"What do you think of Endeavor?" Touya suddenly asked.

I looked over at him before looking out to Natsuo and Fuyumi again.

"I hate him. I...can't explain why I hate Endeavor. I just know he isn't a good person," I replied.

Touya looked over at me and I smiled.

"But I think you and your siblings are cool. I heard you want to be a hero Touya, and I think that's so cool," I said, turning to Touya.

"Endeavor doesn't think I can. He says my quirk'll burn me up, so I should stop trying," Touya scowled, looking down at his hands.

"Who cares what he thinks? I think you should be careful if your quirk hurts you, but I'm sure that there are people who could make a support item to help you with your quirk. In the end it's your choice, isn't it?

If you think you can be a hero then you should try no matter what anyone else says. It's your life, your quirk, and it should be your dream," I said.

Touya looked at me again and this time he smiled. A sense of pride filled my system as Touya smiled.

"What about you? Do you want to be a hero?" Touya asked.

"I'm not sure. I want to help people, but..." I began.

'I'm scared of what could happen'. That's what I wanted to say, but I couldn't.

"My quirk hasn't come in yet," I ended up saying.

Taking a breath before continuing.

"Either way, I'll cheer you on. Just promise me something," I said.

"What?" Touya asked.

"Be a hero because you want to be a hero. Not because you want to prove Endeavor wrong, not because you want to beat him, but because you truly want to be a hero," I said.

Touya looked at me in thought before raising his pinky.

"Promise," he replied.

I couldn't help but smile both at Touya's words and at the childish way of 'sealing the deal'. However, despite it being childish I raised my own hand. Touya and I locked our pinkies before moving our hands and pushing our thumbs together.

That's how I became friends with Touya.

It wasn't until a month later that I talked to Shoto...well, wrote to him. Endeavor was talking to my mother before we had to leave, and I decided that I was done waiting. I wrote a little note on a piece of paper and slid it under the door into Shoto's room. I sat against the wall next to the door. I didn't expect an answer, but I did want to see if Shoto would at least grab the note.

He did.

The note was simple. A small introduction, with my name and who I was, and a wish for him to get better quickly. The next day I pushed another letter under the door. This time it was a question about what his name was if he could reply, and some small random subject. I continued to send small notes under his door every day for a month.

I then got a reply.

I will not lie, despite being nineteen years old mentally I grabbed that note like it was a present from Santa Claus. It did feel like a miracle that I got a reply. I wasn't expecting something super friendly or exciting, but the fact that I got him to reply was a foot in the door.

'I'm Shoto.' That's all that was written.

Success!

I heard my mother and Endeavor begin to come out of the other room so I hid the small note under my shirt.

"I'll be back tomorrow," I said to the door.

The next day Shoto's siblings seemed to notice my happiness as they questioned me on my mood.

"Okay, but you can't tell," I said.

"We won't," Natsuo assured.

"I've been sneaking notes to your brother through his door. I finally got a reply yesterday!" I said excitedly.

"Really?" Fuyumi asked.

"Mhm. He gave me a note telling me his name," I smiled.

"That's it?" Touya asked.

"Hey! It's an improvement. Something is better than nothing! He's better than you were. I was talking to you face-to-face and you ignored me. At least he replied, despite there being a door between us," I argued.

Touya and I then began to bicker as the other two laughed.

That same day I gave Shoto another note. I told him how happy I was that he replied and that I liked his name.

Two days later I got another note from Shoto.

'Why are you talking to me?' it asked.

"Because I think it'd be a little lonely being in your room all day. Plus, everyone deserves a friend and I'd be honored to be yours," I said.

Silence followed and I closed my eyes as I leaned my head against the wall.

"What are friends?" a quiet voice asked through the door.

He talked? He talked!

But that question made me frown. Of course, he wouldn't know what friends were. He never really met any other kids. Hell, he barely knew his siblings and he lived with them! If I was playing a video game I think this would be the point I'd get a new quest.

Be Shoto's Friend.

"Hmm...how do I explain it? A friend is someone who isn't in your family and that you can have fun with. Someone who'll care about you and who you care about. A friend will share happiness with you on good days and comfort you when you're having a bad day. A good friend will always be there to help you in any way they can," I said.

"(Y/N)! We've got to go honey!" my mom called.

"Bye Todoroki-kun," I said.

I got up and was about to leave when I heard Shoto speak again.

"I think I'd like a friend," Shoto said.

If my heart could combust from happiness then it would do just that right now

"I'd like that too, Todoroki-kun," I replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think about the first chapter?

I was tempted to put Shoto's side of your interaction, but I think I'll withhold his thoughts for now 😜.

Anyway, I truly hope you guys like this chapter. The next one will be quite exciting as well.

Speaking of the next chapter. Due to having school (college) and with having to write these chapters, this book will be updated weekly. Every Wednesday at around 3 CST (as best as possible). Again I will try my best to stay on this schedule.

Till next time: stay safe, don't forget to take care of yourself, and have an amazing day/night!  🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128 12 13
"It's been too long. Too long since I've lost every bit of my memory. Everything faded away, leaving only white emptiness to surround me. I've been i...
303K 8.2K 32
『𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
31.5K 1.7K 95
‼️Book 2 Out Now‼️ For years I've walked under clouds of blood, trauma, and fake love. My father isn't around to cheer me on, and my mother doesn't w...
9.6K 162 33
The Perfect Duet, By thatReadingQueen - - - !!!COMPLETED!!! [This story is my first, Re-written version is out now] • Description • It started with t...