Survival of the Fittest (Adop...

By FelipeQuadrado

A group of young boys are just about to finish Highschool till things go completely South. A new species appe... More

The Loss
Upper Hand
Reinforcements
Payback
Our Mark
P.O.W.'s
A Weird Track
Last Chance
Our Last Stand... Part 1
Our Last Stand... Part 2
" I'm not sure "
Which Track to Take
The Royal
Revelation
Questiona from Writer
Our Mettle
P.O.A. - Plan. Of. Attack.

Track-Change

267 6 16
By FelipeQuadrado

(Samuel's P.O.V.)

It's been about 3 months since we killed that anthro platoon in the mall...
Fate has smiled on us, we have started to make our mark, and the anthros knows of our existence here...
We managed to get a few new toys also...

My Barracuda...

Lucas' Fairlady

Khan's Charger

Phillip's Carrera

Nick's Firebird

And John's Camaro

It's how we managed to think stay in business for so long...
And our responsibilities only grew...
We were transporting goods to one of our hideouts, but it wasn't only our hide out...

We made sure to check our surroundings and turned a corner before we got inside a underground garage...
We made our way to the deepest park of the lot, and then turned my engine off...
"Alright guys, let's get this going, before we get caught or whatnot..." I said to the guys...
"Alright 'boss', if you could help, it would be awesome..." Nick said annoyed...
"What's got with you hermano? He seems as angry as a Chihuahua..." Lucas asked as he went to John's truck...
"No me hamar de un Chihuahua!" Nick replied rather annoyed...
"Cálmate los todos! Let's get these supplies to them and then you can lose your patience..." John said as he got on his truck bed and handed Lucas and Khan a wooden crate...
We all quieted down and carried the crates to an secluded entrance, and once we arrived Nick knocked with his feet to get the attention of the door keep, and as if on cue the door keep opened a little door to look at us...
"Open up Kev" Nick said as he got closer to the door...
"Password." Was the only thing he said before going quiet...
"Unidad" Nick said as the door unlocked and let us in...
"Welcome back everyone..." Ryan, one of our people said as he opened the door for us...
"Good to be back, how is everyone holding up?"
"As best we can, the pequenos are picky with their food again..."
"Well we managed to get a few candies, if we can convince them to eat their verdes for a piece of candy, then it's enough..."
"Alright I'll get everything ready..."
"Don't run Ryan you'll-"
"AH! *thud* I'm alright..."
"-fall..."
We continued to walk down the stairs and finally arrived at our bunker...
In case that the country was under attack, there were 6 bunkers for all of the country to access, however, when we went to see the other bunkers, 2 empty and 3 in rubble...
Only 1 had anyone in there, and we managed to house about 1,000 kids from all the rubble of our country, and with almost all of them being 6-11, and a few being 13-17, me and the rest of the squad were the eldest with 4 others...
Feeding 1,000 kids was tough, but we had enough food in stock to last a while, but it was easily getting consumed by some mysterious midnight snacker... Making me and the others to have to hunt down food in the rubble of the city...
As the kid saw us, they were happy since we all managed to help them, most of them were either found in a dark spot hiding, saved from being killed or were here from the beginning...
"Sam! Sam! Come here! Let's play!" One of the kids said as they all started tugging me towards their play area...
"Calma everyone, I know you want to play, but I have to get back to work, this is just a quick visit, alright..."
"Awww... Come on... Por favor!"
"We want to chicos, but we can't, but we promise to bring some toys next time kay?" John said as he kneeled and patted some of the kid's heads...
"Okay..."
"Sorry..." Lucas said as he picked up one of the kids and held them...
"Lucas, come on, we need to start the meeting..." I said while going to a stair way...
"Alright..." Lucas said as he put the kids down and rushed to catch-up to me in the stairs...
We started to climb a lot of stairs, since this bunker was built on top of a business office building we had access to the top of a building, and we used the top to meet with our 4 other leaders, however, the elevator is broken, so the stairs it is...
We arrived at the final 36th floor of the building having an office, and us sitting wherever we sit...
Our leading group being made by me, Lucas, Phillip, Khan, John, Nick, Macy, Stephanie, Ryan and Jacob...
"Macy..." I said...
"Sam..." she replied...
"Ryan..." Lucas said..
"Can we stop it and get down to business?" Jacob said as he sat down at a desk knocking the computer and the rest of stuff on it down...
"Can you try to be more careful, this equipment is scarce, we don't have many of these still working..." Phill said as he sat on a chair...
"So what? Is not like we can use them, the grid is down..."
"Funny you should mention that, the other day I came here and did a little research and they were working just fine... The grid ain't off-line Jacob, quit acting, estupido..." Lucas as a annoyed grunt came from Jacob...
"Alright, down to the topic: How are things here?" John said changing the subject of the conversation...
"They're calm for right now... but we still have to deal with the guy or girl that keeps sneaking in and out of the food storage, it's creating a lot of angry little stumps, now... we need to be very carful..." Macy said as she laid back on her chair...
"Can't you guys do more deliveries? It would actually help to have some emergency food..." Stephanie said as she leaned on a table...
"True but we can't only be doing deliveries, we have to fight back as well..." I mentioned...
"So get some of them to fight, there, problem solved..." Jacob just blurted out...
"They are just children, Jacob! And further more, even if we did make them want to fight for us, they would defy us bossing them around and also add, we don't have weapons and ammo to spare them to use!"
"Hijo de la- then just give them your pistols, and there, done!"
"You're ignoring the point! They have no training! They don't even know the fucking basics! Leave them alone, I'm not dragging kids that are terrified of those things just because you want more food and space for yourself!"
"You're forgetting Samuel, I'm your prime minister! And I-"

"NO, YOU'RE NOT THE PRIME MINISTER, YOU'RE THE SON-OF-THE-PRIME-MINISTER, BUT IN CONTRAST TO YOUR FATHER, YOU NEVER SHOWED ANY INTEREST ON ACTUALLY RUNNING THIS COUNTRY RIGHT, YOU JUST DO ANYTHING TO EARN MORE MONEY, Well, let me tell you the truth: THERE IS NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD FOR ALL WE KNOW, SO THERE IS LITERALLY NOBODY FOR YOU TO TRY AND GET WITH TO EARN MORE MONEY! IT'S ALL IRRELEVANT!!"

"IN WHAT SENSE DOES THAT GIVE YOU AUTHORITY TO BOSS ME AROUND!?"

"BECAUSE 1: THE SIX OF US ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE STOPPING YOU FOM DYING, AND 2: THE ONES THAT HAVE ANY CHANCE OF TAKING OUR HOME BACK!" I said as I slammed my hand on the table almost breaking it in half...

Jacob just shut up and didn't speak another word, he knew that we were right, since most of us went to the same school...
He always was trying to scam deals in school and got in trouble more times than I could count...
I took a deep breath before I looked at the others...
"Anyway, we don't have time to waste on your stupidity, the Anthros are on the move..."
"How?" Macy asked...
"Sorry?" I replied...
"How do you know they are on the move?"
"Satellite interception, in some of the Research site buildings there were some tech lying around and they left that stuff untouched, so we snuck in and just ran a computer program that acts like an app for us to use, the only thing we can access is top-view video footage, and from the movements, they have been busy..." Khan said as he showed the app on his device...
"In what way?" Ryan asked...
"There are buildings that are based around all of Palm Coast, the only way we could escape is by water, but most of the boats are destroyed..."
"So let's built new boats and get everyone out and come back around..."
"It's not that simple, they have flyers remember? They'll spot us if in the day, and let's not forget the ones who listen, see infrared vision, and night vision, they'll have us surrounded in minutes... We can only drive them out, no other way would work..." John said as he leaned against the wall, but looking at the window...
"So we just keep fighting? And living like this?" Stephanie said as she just stood up asking...
"I don't like that idea, I know you guys are trying to do what you can, but we need something more solid, the food here won't last very long..." Macy said as she brought up a serious topic...
"We know so that's why we're asking for just a little more time, ration the food, we need to make the most of it, give out the food that will spoil first, then start feeding the non-spoilable as an emergency..." I said...
"What about the snacker?" Phill asked...
"We need someone to get their hands on the act, Macy?"
"Yeah?" She replied to me...
"Can you get Jasmine to go in the food vault and for you and her to stay in the vault for the night, we need to catch even just a faint glimpse of the kid..."
"If we can help you guys for once then I'm in..."
"You're already helping by looking after the kids here, alright then, Ryan, do me a favour?"
"What's the favour?" He asked in cautious tone...
"Get the kids to move some materials to reinforce some of the cracked pillars, I saw a few, and I'm scared of the ground is collapsing on-top of them..."
"Good idea, I'll gather who I can, but I don't know who will be willing..." he replied losing his confidence...
"Don't worry, just gather who you can and fix them, we'll try something big today, and if we're victorious, we'll eat well for a while..."
"How?"
"When we were looking via satellite, Phillip saw that they had some trucks and they were loading it with what seems food, they're moving it a convoy... 6 trucks... If we get lucky and ambush them, we're in hell of luck!" Lucas said getting excited...
"But isn't that a bit too bold a move? I mean, what if something happens to you guys?" Macy asked concerned...
"It won't because of this: "Lucas replied as he brought a tablet with a wire that was connected to a small camera...
"A Pro-Dash? How's that useful?"
"It's what on it that is important..." he said as he hooked the two up and showed footage of Lucas driving his Fairlady on a narrow road with an anthro vehicle that was almost twice as big on his...
He looked on the vehicle beside him to see it was going for a side-slam, however Lucas pressed the gas by accident and just accelerated and made the anthro vehicle go through the safety rail and plunder down the cliff as we later hear a muffled explosion in the video as it stops...
"See?" He asked
"See what Lucas?" Steph asked as she clearly didn't t understand...
"Ugh... Their vehicles may carry a lot of force, but they are slow in comparison to us, since we all already had an encounter like this, it's safe to say they are powerful but slow..."
"Oh, well... that's good at the very least..."
"Ohhh... I'm just itching to get back out there and kick their asses!" He said jumping of the floor...
"Calma Seńor Loco, we need to know where they are transporting the supplies to..." Nick said as he tried to make sure Lucas didn't go nuts just yet...
"I may have an idea on that..." Khan said...
"Yeah Khan?" I replied...
"Last week, when I was on the observatory, I saw about 3 smaller camps being built on the outer edges of the country, one is on the Pueblo del Este, the other is on Northern Ciudad del Sur, and the last one is on the island crossing between Ciudad Central and Pueblo del Oeste... Their setting up bases to get us if we do appear... and it makes sense, 6 trucks, 2 trucks for each location..." said as he pulled out our map of Palm Coast...
"Whatever we can deal with them, side-slams, spin-outs, too much traction, they have all sorts of flaws that their vehicles are not suited with our roads and our styles, and just to keep in mind, I was in a drift car, and we all know, that in comparison to a normal race car, they are way slower, so if relics like the Fairlady can outrun those things, HA! It's game over for them!" Lucas said exited as I looked around and didn't see John, I turned around and he was with his sniper out aiming around the broken window...
"When is this all happening?" Jacob asked in a sassy tone...
"Tomorrow, we don't know when specifically, but it is..." I said hoping to get some rest...
"I wouldn't be so sure..." John replied to my comment...
"Why you say that John?" Nick asked as John holstered his weapon and started to make his way to the doors...
"Cause they're moving out now! Come on help me!" John yelled as he tries to open the elevator doors...
"What?! Then come on! Stop trying to open it!" Phil said as he started to walk down...
"No, We'll rappel down! Like in training!" John said as Khan helped him and they barely managed to open, there were two lines down and the elevator was a the base floor...
John grabbed to one of the lines and just slid down, Khan followed suit and so did the rest of us...
As soon as we got to the elevator, John smashed the roof door, and rolled out the doors of the elevator and ran out to his car...
We all followed suit and get in our cars starting them up as our engines roar to life with tires screeching on the ground...
We rushed down the roads making our way to Palm Coast's Speedway, then we saw our convoy...
"There!" Khan said as we saw all our six trucks separating...
"Mierda, already splitting?! Screw this! John, Phil take the trucks to del Este, Lucas, Khan, take the one to del Oeste, Khan, you and me go South!" I said over radio...
"Roger!" They replied as we all went our own ways...

(No One's P.O.V.)

All of the boys separated trying to catch up to the trucks...
Lucas and Khan managed to catch up to their trucks relatively fast and got behind them, when Lucas was about to take their shot on the trailer's wheels, Khan called Lucas on the radio...
"Lucas hold on!"
"Why!? Theyre right there, we don't have another chance!"
"I know but where's the escort for the trucks!?"
Lucas realized and looked around and saw none, only for the trailer walls started to go down, and then it revealed...
Their were no crates only a single vehicle inside each trailer...
"Pinche bastardo! Set-up!" Khan said as he hit the brakes and went in a different road and same did Lucas but in the opposite direction...
They both went their ways but the anthro vehicles drove off the trailers and gave chase...
Meanwhile the trucks from Sam, Nick, John and Phillip arrived at their trucks, however all were alone with their own trucks...
"You're mine you furry bastardos!" Sam said as his thought was interrupted by the radio...

" S̸͚̯̯̈ạ̴̠̳̝́m̴͆ͅ!̶̡͈̪̓͂̿̑ ̶̼̇͜ț̶̈́ú̷̧-̷̭͇̌̂͝ń̴̳͖̮ ̶͉̗͑̔b̷̖̂*̶̖̦̙̿̊̑ç̷̦͉̮̈́́̏̈́k̴͎͇̹͊͝ͅ5̵̗͛́͘*̷̢̖͊$̵̞̫͊̏͠&̷̖͎̳͗͌ ̵̳̫͝i̴̘̜͗͊̉͂~̷̮̯͎̼̏̊̀̇=̵̧̔̈́̇r̶̡̪͛ȃ̵̞̊p̷͇͓̬̍!̶̱͆́͑͜ "

"What was that Khan?"

" I̶̲̹͌̔̍͑t̸̐̊̽ͅ-̷͕͈̱͛)̴̲̀̏ ̵̹̬̠͚̋̀̓a̷̛̹̘̚̕͜ͅ ̵̤̉̔͠J̴͚̩̱͛t̶͊̐̔͜ͅr̵̨̒͒̅h̵̨͕͖͙̎̃!̵̪̯͍̱͑͝ "

"What is it dude?!"
"GET AWAY FROM THEM! IT'S AN AMBUSH!"
When Sam heard it, it was already too late, the walls from the trailer were already down and the vehicle just drove off the trailer, Sam saw this and drove past the truck and tried to speed away, but with almost no avail, Sam was being tailed by the anthro vehicle and gaining on him, as the radio erupted with chatter from the six soldiers...
"How the hell are they keeping up with us?!" John said
"I don't know just ride!" Khan said as a crashing sound was heard...
"ARGH! This one won't quit! I'll shake it off in the cobra turns!" Lucas said as his engine roared through the turns with the anthro vehicle still following close up to him...
Lucas was scared from this and decided to let the car get relatively close to him, when the anthro car was right behind Lucas, he brake-checked the car and it had almost no effect, Lucas on the other hand went spinning out of control, soon Lucas' Fairlady hit a light post, losing the right rear wheel...
"Lucas! Lucas! Come on hermano! Answer!" Sam said as he sounded desperate and the sounds of crashing and engines roaring in the radio...
Lucas was left dizzy from spinning so much and when he back to his senses, he got out of the car and left for cover of the nearby forest, Lucas was about to get in the vegetation but the anthros cut him off and stood infront of him with their weapons pointed at Lucas, he did the same only to hear heavy footsteps behind him and saw even more anthros pointing weapons at him, creating a circle around him... Lucas pointed in all directions and noticed he was in the centre of the circle... He knew the outcome...
He slowly kneeled and threw his weapons away from him and raised his hands to the air...

Surrendering...
A Leopard anthro advanced and tackled at Lucas knocking him out and cuffing him...

Mean while Phillip and Nick were running on a dirt road running from one anthro vehicle, when Nick looked at his rear mirror, he saw nothing, till another anthro vehicle came from nowhere and T-boned Phillip onto Nick sending their cars on whirl and shooting both of them out of their cars...
They rolled on the grass till they stopped and were hearing things, Nick was the first to get up and looked at where his car was, and he found it was upside down near a tree, while Phillip's was on its left side with the front right wheel missing
When the both came about, from being thrown out of their cars, they looked around and saw a few anthro soldiers infront of them along with the vehicles, they instinctively went to grab their main guns on their backs, but they were in the cars, and the pistols too...
They looked at each other and just looked down and dropped to the ground on their knees while the anthro soldiers closed in...

John and Khan were on a road to the Docks at high speed being chased a single vehicle till when they were reaching the entrance to the little city around the Docks they were cut off when Anthro soldiers put up a barricade with a few very large anthros among them, they both hit the brakes hard and stopped before they reached the barricade but the anthro vehicle behind them rear-ended them hard and sent them spinning to the soldiers, when it stopped John looked to his left and a hand came punching John unconscious, the same with Khan, a Shark and Hyena anthro pry the doors off its hinges and John and Khan out the cars...

While in the a cliff-side road, Samuel was still trying to get away but was being chased by two vehicles, one tried to go beside him but Sam blocked its way before being rear-ended by the other one, Sam started to lose control and went spinning out of control till the first anthro vehicle accelerated and slammed against Sam still spinning, sending the car flying, and Sam's seat belt snapped and he came out of the car through the windshield...

Sam finally stops rolling and is laying on the paved road with his stomach on the ground, and his car just landed near him, filled with dents, bends, and pieces dropping...
The two anthro vehicles come to a stop and its windshield moves to reveal a cockpit like driver seat, out of both vehicles came a male Wolf and a male Python anthro, walking towards Sam and they just held their weapons, but didn't point at him...

"I thought they be more of a challenge considering from what I heard from those who miraculously survived, and here they are, the scum who killed hundred of our kindred..."
"I thought so too, but it is better an easy victory with little glory then a victory with casualties..."
Sam heard this and was already pissed at them...
"I... Only took... What you... Took from... Us..." Sam said struggling to get up from the floor...
Both anthros stopped their advances and just stand looking at Sam in both anger and confusion...
"We never hurt you, we never knew your existence, and then out of nowhere... You come here... and lay our world into a siege... Is it cruel to kill to protect what you love? Or is it cruel to kill because you hate a species, that hurt you?... Either way... This planet... These people have nothing to do with your war... Leave my homeworld... This plant never was involved in your war..." Sam said as he stood on his two feet, wobbling back and forth, fighting the urge to give up...
"Grrrr... What is with you human? Are insatiable for war? Is this what you want!? MORE WAR!?" The wolf anthro screamed at Sam, but he was unfazed...
"If I wanted war, I would be laughing like maniac right now, saying 'yes... good... this is what I wanted...' , are you retarded? Bola de pelo... Why would I want war if I just said for you to leave my home?"
"ENOUGH!" The python shouted as he made his way to Sam and grabbed him by his vest and smashed him against the hood of his car...
Sam tried to get up, but he was just picked up and thrown away...
Sam landed but immetialy falling to his knees, he wobbly put up his right foot up and drew a knife from his right shin armour, both anthros were on guard from seeing this, and Sam slowly stood up, looking at them dead in the eye with his cracked visor...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785 59 27
WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME MAY FIND TRIGGERING. UPDATE: SUNDAY HEADS UP: I associate music a lot with writing. One I can do, the o...
1.9K 92 7
You died. I mean, it happened quite a bit during your lifetime. It wasn't anything different. However, instead of you waking up in the barracks aga...
45.8K 1.5K 48
It was a normal day for Y/N.. until you agree to help run a test that scientist are trying to do. They tell you that it's a new teleporting device. I...
2.1M 82.3K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...