A Midsummer's Caress

By Freak-of-Madness

Her boyfriend left her when he found out she was pregnant. Before she could tell him that she'd won a huge lo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 25

904 36 2
By Freak-of-Madness

"Once I come back from taking Willow to daycare, we'll clean out and rebandage your wounds." Harlow told her guest.

"Sounds good. Thanks for your help." He replied.

"Oh sweetie, it's no problem. I've housed Tig and Happy for a couple days because they needed somewhere to hide before I was an actual 'ol lady. I don't mind helping the club." She replied.

"Wow. You're very generous." He chuckled.

"Thanks." She stated.

She left the dishes for after she returned from taking Willow to daycare. About fifteen minutes later, Harlow returned and took the bag Chibs had left with medical supplies so she could clean and redress Kozik's wounds after the washed her hands. He had to take his shirt off for her to help but she wasn't looking at him in a lustful way. She was as gentle as she could be at cleaning out his wounds then spread some antibiotic ointment over them to help keep them from getting infected before placing some gauze over them and taping them down. He thanked her for her help as he put his shirt back on. She smiled and told him it was no problem as she took the old bandages to throw them away. She still needed to clean the kitchen from breakfast before getting to work. Kozik sat on the couch to watch TV while she was in the kitchen. The dishwasher was full so she got it going before heading to her office to start her work day. Other than helping clean out and rebandage his wounds, Harlow's day was pretty typical. Around four pm, she shut her console down to pick up Willow from daycare. They played a little in her room when they got home so they wouldn't disturb their guest. At five pm, Harlow started dinner.

It was two days later that trouble started. Kozik had been having trouble sleeping due to pain. He heard something that caught his attention so he left his room and headed into the master to wake up Harlow. She was surprised to see the short blond in her room. He stated he heard someone in the living room or kitchen and for her to head to Willow's room and call Tig. She slid out of bed, grabbed her cell, and headed into her daughter's room. Willow remained sleeping as Harlow stood near the bed and dialed Tig's number.

"Doll? What's wrong?" Tig sleepily asked.

"I'm so sorry for calling you but Kozik heard someone in the house. We're hiding in Willow's room. Please hurry!" She exclaimed as Kozik entered the room and shut the door.

"I could hear at least two people in the living room." Kozik told her.

"He heard at least two people in the living room. What do we do?" She asked.

"You stay right where you're at. I'll call Juice and we'll be on the way as soon as we can. Do not call the police, ok? Stay calm." Tig told her.

"Please hurry! Kozik's in no condition to be fighting anyone." She replied.

"We'll be there soon. Stay calm, stay quiet." Tig told her before hanging up to call Juice.

The I/O wasn't thrilled at being woken up in the middle of the night. Tig told him to race to the clubhouse to pick up the van and then head to Harlow's house. Juice promised he'd be right there. He liked Harlow and didn't want anything to happen to her or her precious little girl. He finally parked his bike then walked into the office to get the keys to one of their vans. Tig's bike was already gone so he immediately left to head to Harlow's house. When Tig arrived, he found the front door wide open. He took out his gun and slowly moved through the living room. Nothing seemed out of sorts so he moved into the kitchen. A couple drawers were wide open as if someone were searching for something. He looked down the hallway and saw the light was on in one of the bedrooms. Tig cautiously began making his way down to the bedroom. Suddenly a guy Tig didn't know was shoved out of the room with Kozik right behind him. The unknown man stood up and whipped out a knife from his pocket. The closer Tig got to the room, he could hear Willow crying and Harlow trying to calm her down. Kozik was doing his best to keep this unknown guy away from the two females. Then the SAA remembered her telling him Kozik heard two people in the kitchen and wondered where the other person was.

Juice arrived, parked the van, and rushed inside. He made his way down the hall and tapped Tig on the shoulder. Tig whispered for Juice to take his gun out before the SAA made their presence known.

"Alright, that's enough. Put your hands up." Tig exclaimed making the unknown guy turn his attention towards Tig and Juice.

"Bobby! Help!" The guy shouted making another unknown man leave the master bedroom with a pillow case.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you." Tig cocked his gun, "Kozik, can you tie them up?"

"We have rope in the hall closet." Harlow shouted from the toddler's room.

Kozik moved to get said rope as Tig and Juice trained their guns on the two unknown men. As the blond was returning with the rope, Bobby thought he'd try and get at Kozik by shoving him making them both land back in Willow's room. They landed with a "thud" as Bobby tried to get the upper hand. His friend went to lunge at Tig with his knife but the SAA shot him in the thigh making him drop to the ground immediately. Juice ran to get the rope that Kozik had dropped to tie up the bleeding man and get him into the van. Harlow tried to remain calm although her daughter was crying at what was happening. Kozik was doing his best to remain in control but he was in pain and was bleeding from his wounds again. Tig walked into the room and cold-cocked Bobby in the back of the head knocking him out cold. The SAA and I/O got both men into the van once they were gagged and tied up. Kozik thanked his brothers even though he was bleeding and in a lot of pain. Tig told Harlow to call 911 once they left and simply say a stranger had broken in and Kozik had scared him off but was injured in the scuffle. She nodded her head as she sat down in the rocking chair to try and calm her daughter down once the two bikers had left with the intruders.

Kozik followed his brothers to the door and watched them leave before walking back to Willow's room to let her know they'd left. She picked up her phone and called 911 as Tig had instructed her to do. She explained what Tig had told her to say and asked for help for her friend. They said they'd have someone come out as soon as possible. She thanked them before they hung up. Willow was terrified and didn't want to go back to sleep. Harlow kept rocking her daughter and started reading a story to calm her down again. When a knock came at the door, Kozik answered. There were two policemen and two paramedics there. He moved to let them in before telling the police where the homeowner was at. One police officer walked down to Willow's room and found Harlow reading to her upset little girl. He asked her what had happened so she repeated the story Tig had given her. He wrote down the details and her information before thanking her and walking back into the living room where the paramedics were looking over Kozik. Once Willow had calmed down and had finally drifted back to sleep, Harlow gently laid her down in her bed, covered her up, and shut the light off. 

When Harlow entered the living room, the paramedics were stitching up Kozik's two wounds with dissolvable stitches. She felt bad he'd gotten reinjured because of her but was very thankful he was there to protect them since her 'ol man was away. The paramedics gave Kozik a good pain killer and told him to see his doctor as soon as he could. The other police officer had taken Kozik's statement about what had happened and the blond gave the same story as Harlow except he told them how he'd gotten involved in the fight to get injured. They thanked the pair before leaving the premises. She thanked Kozik for keeping them safe earning a wave of his hand. He knew Quinn would go ape-shit if something had happened to his 'ol lady and child. Besides, they were always to look out for one another's families in situations just like this. He'd have felt awful if something had happened to either of them on his watch. Harlow locked the door and shut off all the lights stating they should probably head back to bed. The pain killer the paramedics gave him was starting to kick in and it was making him drowsy. He bid her a good night before darting into his room and shutting the door. Harlow looked in on Willow one last time before heading to her own room. Willow was fast asleep again clutching her favorite stuffed animal.

It was a little hard for Harlow to go back to sleep but she finally managed to. She woke up the next morning a little later than she normally did and immediately got dressed. Willow was up already and playing in her room. Harlow got the girl dressed then walked her into the dining room where she put Willow in her booster seat before starting on a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs and pan sausage. She put the coffee to brewing before starting on the eggs. She wanted something simple since she was running a little behind that morning. Just as Harlow was bringing the skillet of eggs and platter of sausages to the table, Kozik finally entered the kitchen. He looked like he was barely awake as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Harlow put some eggs onto Willow's plate then cut up a sausage for her to eat and not choke on before making her own plate. Kozik thanked her for cooking making her thank him once again for keeping them safe the previous night. Breakfast was spent in silence just eating and thinking about what could have happened if Kozik hadn't been there. Instead of cleaning up after breakfast, Harlow put all the dishes in the sink then took her daughter to daycare.

When she returned, she cleaned out and rebandaged all of Kozik's wounds as she was supposed to then she go to cleaning up the kitchen. She was about half an hour behind in her normal schedule but she didn't mind. It had been a frightening night and everyone needed a little extra rest. She finally got settled in her office to get to work for the day. Shortly after Harlow got to work, Tig swung by the house. Kozik got up to answer the door after looking through the peephole and noticing Tig standing there. He moved to let his brother enter the house.

"I came by to let you know that they targeting this house knowing Quinn lived here. They were trying to strike out at the club one member at a time and started with Quinn." Tig told the blond.

"Damn. I hope you put a stop to it." Kozik replied.

"Shot 'em execution style then dropped them off at their clubhouse." Tig responded, "How's everything here?"

"I think she was running a little late this morning but everything seems to be fine. Made breakfast for us, cleaned my wounds when she returned from dropping the kid off at daycare, came back to clean the kitchen then got to work." Kozik stated.

"I see. I'm gonna go talk to her. I'll be right back." Tig stated before leaving his brother alone.

Harlow was surprised to see Tig when he entered her office. He greeted her cordially as she paused her game.

"What do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" She asked with a warm smile.

"I just came by to let you know I discovered why those two guys were breaking into your home, I've dealt with them, and their club should not bother you again. I also came to see how everyone was doing since last night." Tig explained.

"It took a little bit to get Willow back to sleep since she was frightened and it took me a little bit to go back to sleep. The paramedics gave Kozik a good pain killer which made him sleepy. I over slept this morning but everything seems to be ok otherwise." She replied.

"If you need anything, please let me know. You know I don't mind coming over to help." Tig told her.

"I know and it's greatly appreciated." She smiled, "Why don't you come over for dinner tonight? As a thank you for getting out of bed in the middle of the night to help us."

"I'd love to. I love your cooking." Tig smiled.

"Be here at six then. And thanks again for coming to our rescue." She stated.

"It's no problem, Doll. It's what our brothers are here for." He chuckled, "I'll see you at six."

Tig walked back into the living room to let Kozik know he was coming back over for dinner that night per Harlow's request. The blond just nodded so Tig didn't feel the need to say any more. He left the house to head back to the shop to get to work for the day. He'd taken care of the problem for Harlow and hoped the other club wasn't going to try and retaliate against their lost brothers. They had been the ones to start this mess, after all, by attacking the family of one of SAMCRO. That was something none of the bikers would take lightly. Bobby was shocked that someone had purposefully attacked SAMCRO family to get at the club. Jax was debating on going on lockdown even though all their dorms were full with injured bikers from Tacoma. He hoped it wouldn't come to that. Harlow was planning in her head what to make for dinner that night since Tig would be over. After much debating with herself, she opted for spaghetti with homemade garlic bread and a nice side salad. 

A/N: Think they're going to have any more problems out of that other club?

Please review and vote below!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.4K 39
When a woman and her two daughters move to Charming to start anew, Happy can't help but find himself falling hard and fast for the no-nonsense, take...
54K 1.2K 17
Tig's sister grew up in the club and has been in love with the VP. What happens when she finally has enough and decides to end it all? Will she succe...
39K 968 18
Juice is in jail and starts getting letters from a friend of Tig's girl. Will they hit it off or will it be a major miss?
104K 2K 28
When Lyla's sister moves all the way from Georgia, she meets the club and starts working for them. But what happens when one of the guys shows an int...