Golden Hour [Hunter x Reader]

Oleh cherriminti

Golden hour is the last hour before sunrise, which in turn covers everything in a golden light. And Golden L... Lebih Banyak

1. The Golden Guard
2. Build
3. The Owl House
4. Hexside?
5. the emperors birthday?
6. coincidence? i think not
7. certain... events
NOT A CHAPTER UPDATE SOON!!
8. Post events [w/ Hunter]
9. Oopsies.
11. T is for Trauma
12. The fine art of bullshit
13. In which the protagonist proceeds to be a dumbass
14: So The Titan Said 'You Shall Run The Marathon' And I Was Like... Fuck That
15: Knock Knock Get The Door It's Depression
16: Error: Fucks not found
17: It May Be Stupid But Nobody Can Call Me A Wuss
NOT A CHAPTER (again) ;-;
18: Ya dun goofed
19: The Unlikely Adventures of Bitchface & Go Fuck Yourself
20: A Crack In The Glass
21: infiltration
22. Where's the epic background music

10. who? hoot?

293 20 22
Oleh cherriminti

I opened the door to the owl house to find Luz ready to run out, they looked desperate in their frantic state. 

"[y/n]! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" She wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. Something you get used to when your a friend of Luz's, it's a human thing, similar to that of the high-five; which is a weird physical interaction with another as a celebratory act. 

"Where did you go? I woke up and your window was open and you were gone!" I patted Luz's head, comforting her about my disappearance through the night. 

"Sorry, I had issues sleeping so went for a walk and didn't want Hooty waking up the entirety of Bonesborough." I laughed. I was released from her hug and shut the door behind me as we entered the living room- no literally it's a LIVING room, the walls can breath. 

We sat down, me scrolling through penstagram and Luz sprawled across the floor reading ancient looking books and attempting to bribe the echo mouse on information about Phillip Witterbane, apparently he was the first human to explore the Boiling Isles. Something about it didn't sit right with me, but it gave Luz hope and I wasn't going to take it from them.

Our peaceful moment was interrupted with Hooty swinging the door- himself?- open. 

"HOOT HOOT HOOTY HOOT! There was a letter for you [y/n]" Hooty had this cheeky grin that I trusted less than Phillip Witterbane. I watched in horror as Hooty coughed up an envelope. 

"gross." I resisted the urge to gag as I picked up the letter, Luz had stood up and made her way over to me. Luz watched from over my shoulder as i tore open the envelope, seeing a neatly folded hand written note placed carefully inside. I removed the note, unfolding the delicate page.

'Thank you for this morning, it was nice. 
I hope to have a moment like that with you again soon. 

And if we don't, at least I will always have an excuse to go looking for you.

- H'

Luz snatched the note from my grasp with a very audible gasp.

"And WHO may this person be? Hmm?" Now Luz had joined in Hooty's mischievous smirk. I looked away as I remembered Hunter and the cliff, a blush had crept it's way onto my face because my friend had pounced on me begging me to tell her everything. I profusely refused and tried to change the topic. Of course I failed miserably in changing topics because Luz would wave the letter around and talk way to fast for me to understand. 

I needed back up. 

"Willow? Gus?" I called the two of them on the crystal ball, praying they would pick up. Thankfully, they did and I just told them to come over and help me as they confusedly watched Luz freak out waving a piece of paper in the background, her words going faster than I could run.

I paced the living room, attempting to block out Luz and her romance nonsense, at least until Gus and Willow arrived. 

"But WHO ARE THEY?!" 

I opened my mouth but was cut short with a knock at the door. 

"Thank titan!" I ran to the door, almost tearing it off its hinges as I opened it. Pulling our other two friends in and practically throwing them onto the couch. 

"Please help me."

"Sure..?" Willow and Gus shared a look before returning their attention to me. 

"Luz will not leave me alone about this-" 

"[Y/N] WENT ON A DATE THIS MORNING WITHOUT ANYONE KNOWING AND THEN GOT A LETTER FROM SAID DATE!" Luz burst out and shoved the parchment into the friends. 

I groaned as I watched Willow literally light up and Gus just stared at me.

"Is it Hunt-"

"I AM NOT FALLING FOR THE ENEMY!" I cut Augustus off, a bit too quickly and a bit too loudly for my liking. But it had to be said. 

"No one ever said anything about falling..." Luz grinned. 

"Luz. I will peel you like a fucking banana and feed you to the monkey demons." I said without missing a beat. 

"Please don't murder my girlfriend-"

"AMITY!" Everyone turned to the door, seeing the purple haired girl gently pushing open the door. Luz and Amity had their adorable girlfriend PDA moment, instantly reminding me of Hunter. I buried my face in my hands and looked away flustered about the way he literally swept me off my feet. 

"We're teasing [y/n] about their boyfriend."

"HE IS NOT MY-" I couldn't even finish my sentence i was that embarrassed, honestly it was humiliating.

"Who?" Amity immediately became interested in my what can only be described as complicated love life. 

"The Golden Guard." Willow answered a matter of factly. 

"The guy who nearly murdered me for a drop of titan's blood?" I looked at her, not sure how to respond. We all knew what Hunter was capable of, although, I may have known about the whole mineshaft incident no one thought to tell me that Hunter near KILLED Amity. 

"what-"

"Look he is a weapon, a mere accomplice of evil. Do not be foolish enough to forget that." Amity put a hand on my shoulder as she glared into my eyes in warning, "You can use a staff as a walking stick, but that will not change it's nature."

"...how wise of you..." I stated with caution, not sure how to proceed with that metaphor. I looked over at Luz who was simply love struck by her girlfriends existence. 

The four young teens continued to converse as I slipped away to my room, finding my palisman stirring awake. I chuckled softly as they completely awoke and bounded up to me for some morning cuddles. 

"Hey, good morning you!" I nuzzled them back, "sleep well?" I picked them up, holding them in my hands as I sat on my bed, facing away from the door.

I always found myself talking to [p/n] about things I couldn't talk to Luz about, but right now I couldn't find the energy to talk about Hunter and our, what would you even call it? It wasn't a date, it was a moment. It was us. 

I sighed, feelings were so confusing. 

A gentle knock brought me out of my thoughts, as I turned to face the door, I saw Eda leaning against the door frame. 

"Hey Kiddo..." The woman sat next to me on my bed, causing it to dip down on one side. "What's eating at you?"

"Not fairies." I tried to joke, but my tone was giving me away. 

"Is it that golden boy..?" I simply nodded, leaning my head on her shoulder as a form of comfort. Eda sighed, reaching her hand up behind my head and softly stroking my hair. The two of us sat in silence, it was nice. Ever since I moved in with Eda, she had become a motherly figure that I never had. Sure, one would find and assume that she favoured Luz, but Eda cares for all her children. Well- the ones that live under her roof. 

"Wanna talk about it?" Eda's voice was hoarse and yet soft, it was comforting and makes you feel like you could talk. 

"...have you ever been in love?" I whispered. I could feel a lump forming in my throat and my eyes were threatening to spill tears. 

"A long time ago now, but yes. Unfortunately we couldn't stay together..." Eda held me to her tighter as I cried. 

"Sorry I-I... nnnh, I don't even know w-why I'm crying." My voice shook, I sounded terrible. It didn't make me feel any better knowing that Eda had never seen me like this or heard me waver. 

"Shh, it's fine, it's okay, there is nothing wrong with that Kiddo." 

"I'm not weak." My breath hitched as I caught myself seeking complete comfort in Eda. 

"I know. I know that, alright? Crying doesn't make you weak."

My breathing was tumultuous, my mouth agape, as the tears continued to stream down my face staining my cheeks. There was no doubt my eyes were red and puffy.

"Take your time... no one's judging you." Eda played with my hair, allowing me to cry about the most ridiculous thing. But it was okay, because I was a teenager and that is what we go through. silly feelings... 

... silly feelings for a boy who you're supposed to stand against. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

34.8K 1.1K 19
2 weeks after the petrification ceremony, things seem to be settling down at the owl house until Luz is cursed by being a little too curious. Luz mus...
54.6K 1.3K 101
This is a Incorrect quotes, ships: Lumity, Boschlow, Raieda, Camieda, some Vinera, and possibly goldric, Jerbric, and mattxgus Warnings: Swearing, an...
3.1K 66 5
A little holiday story focused on Hunter and Emira. Cover art used with the permission of @heycintriux on Twitter and Instagram 💚💛
22.2K 646 33
Y/n a young teen witch explores their new life as part of the Emperor's Coven, and along the way discovers there's, more than meets the eye. ♥ᴴᵘⁿᵗᵉʳ...