Who You Are | MHA/BNHA

Oleh Kimzetsoul

[MHA x SakuraKinomoto!Reader] [Name]'s quirk is Clow Cards. Now they can transform into anyone from various e... Lebih Banyak

you take the man out of the city (not the city out of the man)
ooh-woo (i'm a rebel just for kicks)
and maybe i enjoy it just a little bit (does that make me insane?)
i'm anxious and nothing can help (and I wish I'd done this before)
catching my breath (letting it go)
where'd you wanna go? (how much do you wanna risk?)
if you don't like the way i talk (then why am i on your mind)
i won't just survive (oh, you will see me thrive)
and they're singing my praises (screaming my name out loud)
we give and take a little more (we give and take a little more)
you've changed my mind (you've touched their hearts)
just like fire (burning out of the way)
cause in the end (you are part of who i am)
perfect energy, yeah (we flawless, yeah, we free)
you're so addictive (full of sweets)
i'm a star, star, star (queencard, i'm the top)
no matter where I go (this is no home)
young, dumb, stupid (but who cares? but who cares?)
what's wrong with you, hey? (i know that you got a lot on your plate)
when the world is calling you (can you hear them screaming out your name?)
you held me down (but I got up)
shut your eyes (realize)
i don't know (maybe i'm just like this)
already told you (i'm right here)
between the lines of fear and blame (you begin to wonder why you came)
we clawed, we chained (our hearts in vain)
impossible game (i never signed up for this with my name)
sometimes I feel like giving up (but I just can't)
i remember tears streaming down your face (when I said I'll never let you go)
the dog days are done (here they come)
and now all i wanna see (is a sky full of lighters)
oh no!
whatever it takes
i'm worse at what i do best (and for this gift i feel blessed)
where's the person that i know? (they must have left)
and you'll ask yourself (where is my mind?)
whatever we go through (i'll be your armor)
god stood me up (and I don't know why)

i say they're just the ones who gave me life (but I truly am my parents' child)

880 37 10
Oleh Kimzetsoul

[Name] dumps the rest of the dirty dishes used to make chocolate chip cookies in the sink happily swaying to We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift playing from their Bluetooth speaker. They couldn't wait to have a full day to improve their mental health after the sports festival.

They might be fighting frantic, but they want a break from it after all those battles they had. Super glad, that Aizawa-sensei gave them and their classmates a few days off after the sports festival.

BUZZ BUZZ

They notice their phone shaking from an incoming call as they turn to the counter. Before picking up the phone, they hastily wash their hands on a cloth with stars embroidered on it.

The phone screen indicates that Todoroki is calling. They only gave Todoroki their twenty-four hours ago and didn't expect him to call them so soon. They thumbed the green icon and swiped it up. They press the phone against their ear and rest their phone with its back pressed against their shoulder.

"Hey, Todoroki!" They chirp, trying to make sure the phone won't fall off their shoulder.

"...[Last Name]," Todoroki greets. Their eyes twitch, how can he be so bland with them? They understand with their classmates but come on. They thought he and they made a connection.

"How are things going?"

"I was hoping you could accompany me somewhere?" He asks with a lot of hesitation. As they observe the oven's timer, the red block numbers showing 10, [Name] hums. The cookies should be removed as soon, as they mused with a smile.

"Where too?"

He said simply, "To see my mother."

In shock, [Name] nearly drops their phone. They truly believed that his mother had passed away. According to what they knew, he never mentioned her to them or anybody else. They aren't the person to keep up with celebrities' families, thinking it is none of their business.

"If you don't want to, that's fine," Todoroki remarked. They suddenly realized what they were doing and felt a little guilty for giving him the impression that they weren't eager to go with him.

They recovered themselves very fast.

"Oh, no! It's alright. You simply surprised me; how about we meet at the station at...?" In an effort to sound like they weren't going to say no to him. He must really want support for whatever reason he wants to go see his mom.

"Are you available in one hour?" Todoroki said. They noticed that Todoroki appeared a little anxious. Something about this visit scares him. They knew now this is very important to him.

"Sure, I will gladly come!" They are glad to know that they can take their baked cookies to his mom. It will help make a good impression.

"..Thanks [Last Name]," he said and hung up the phone without waiting for a reply from them. Their eye twitched. He really must've been excited if he was willing to hang up on them so quickly.

DING DING

The oven's timer rings as a signal that the cookies are done. [Name] grabs the yellow-striped oven mittens from the rack above the oven, and puts them on. They aren't looking for any degree burns today. Especially with going to see their classmate's mom.

They didn't want to think about how Todoroki would react to them burning themselves after promising to go with him. For all, they know he could think they did it on purpose or take it as a sign to not visit his mom. It is also possible he will be racked with guilt for causing their injury.

Open the stove door, they bend down and grab the metal tray. With a huff escaping their mouth, they took the tray out and placed it on the counter to cool off.

The speaker began to play Payphone by Maroon 5 as they pulled out the tupperware from the bottom cabinet next to the stove. They really hope that Todoroki's mom will like their chocolate chip cookies. They admit they love to bake and have won a few baking contests. One because they want to bake, and two for the prize money. Their most famous dessert dish is Macaroons. One of the hardest things to bake in their opinion.

They juggled the idea of becoming a top-tier baker instead in their younger years. They remember mentioning it to their parents one rare evening when both were home.

"Don't be stupid. That isn't something that guarantees you will make money," their dad said to them with a glare on his face. They remember the tears clinging onto their eyelashes, trying to swallow a sob.

"I agree with your father. It has already been decided you will take over the family business," their mother said, not a bit bothered by the tears slipping down her child's face.

"Bu-"

"No buts. Now go do whatever you do. Your mother and I need to leave now," [Father Name] shoos the 10-year-old child away.

[Name] shakes their head, getting rid of that memory. They took the spatula and began to separate the cookies from the sheet. They gingerly place the cookies into the container.

"There we go," they said and put the cover on the container. Pushing down until they hear it pop into place. They tug on it experimentally to make sure it won't come off when on the road. Seeing it won't come off by accident, they place it on the table. They took off their apron, placed it on its usual hook, and went to their room to change with a skip in their step.

They rummage in their closet and throw an outfit together on their bed. They quickly change and look at their full-length mirror hanging on the closet door. They hum under their breath as they compare their shoes with their outfit. Until they finally found the right pair. Smiling to themselves, they pick through their jewelry box, grab some jewelry out, and put it on. They really wanted to make a good impression on Mrs. Todoroki.

They grabbed their bag and put in the things they thought they would need, and went to the kitchen. They rearrange the things in their bag and put the container into the bag. They check the time on their phone and note they have 45 minutes to get to the train station.

A sound left their lips and they went into the foyer leading outside, grabbed the keys to their house from the hanging rack next to the door, and went outside.

"It's okay," they noted that it was too cold or too hot outside, locking the door behind them. A good thing because they didn't want to sweat while making their way to the train station. They grabbed their AirPods case and took one out and placed it in their right ear. Hearing the ding, they put the case back and took out the phone. They open Spotify and put their playlist on shuffle. Still Into You by Paramore blares into their ear as they make their way to the street. The sidewalk bustles with life as people walk on their phones or talk to their companions.

[Name] hums the song as they swing their bag back and forth, weaving around citizens, mindful to not bump into anyone. It took them 35 minutes to make their way to the front of the station. It would've been less but they had the urge to go to Starbucks and get their [Favorite Drink] from the shop. It certainly took a long to get the drink. [Name] mouths the lyrics to Lost in Japan by Shawn Mendes as they stare at the entrance to the train station. They check their phone to see that there are 5 minutes to meet with Todoroki.

"[Last Name]?"

They felt their jump in shock. They twirled around to see Todoroki behind them.

"Todoroki!" They clutch onto their shirt, trying to calm down their raging heart (they knew they were too young to have a heart attack, but with Todoroki popping up out of nowhere it would definitely happen). "You scared me!"

"Oh, I am sorry," he said, not a bit ashamed.

"We so need to get you a bell," they laughed, "let's go wait for the train!" They linked their arm with Todoroki's and dragged him into the station. Todorki didn't say anything and let them drag him. He knew if he were to protest they would become stubborn about it and would bring him against his will. [Name] is very strong-willed, he mused. However, he did wonder what they meant with the bell.

"Look it's our train!" They point at the subway coming in. The two quickly got in and took a seat in the corner of the subway cart. [Name] put their airpod back in its case, and turned their body to face Todoroki.

"Okay, tell me everything about your mom, I have to make a good impression!" They grab their bag and place it on their lap. They didn't want to accidentally forget it when coming to their stop. It happened once, but that is a story for another time.

Todoroki glances at his lap, "I cannot say much. I haven't seen her in years." [Name]'s mouth twitched to a frown. They admit they didn't know what to say. They aren't the ones to know how to comfort others. A flaw they lacked.

"Well is she allergic to anything?" They asked, trying to change the subject. they knew they should've asked in the first place before bringing their cookies.

Todoroki shook his head no, "she doesn't. Although, she does dislike seafood."

[Name] lets out a fake gasp, "how could she? I love it!"

"I remember her mentioning that she almost choked on a shrimp and could never look at seafood the same," Todoroki said, looking out the window.

"Yeah. I would too," [Name] agrees. "I bet she is an awesome person."

The pair began to dive into things Todoroki remembers about his mom. They never brought up their questions about why she doesn't live with him. With Todoroki's stories, they began to picture a woman with silver hair who hates seafood, who is okay at cooking (in Todoroki's own words), loves the color yellow because it reminds her of the sun, is a cat person, and loved him and his siblings. The look on Todoroki's face as he reminisces about his mother warmed their heart. They can tell he really loves his mom but is also scared at the same time. He explained how he hadn't seen her in years.

The only reason he decided to go is that someone helped him gain the courage to see her.

"Then why didn't you ask that person to come with you?" They asked, curious. "I mean I don't mind, but I am curious."

Todoroki took a few seconds to figure out how to put it into words, "I thought I could ask them first, but I ended up asking you because I have seen how you get along with everyone and try to understand them. You have this air around you that calms others, and how you always look from the other's perspective."

[Name] was stunned by Todoroki's view of them. They never had someone say that to them. For some people, it would be from their parents first. They never had that luxury, and it was hard enough to make real friends in class due to their quirk. Everyone only saw that they had a powerful quirk and immediately put them on a pedestal. People who chose to "hang out" with [Name] were just in it for the popularity they were given in school. There was no hanging out after school, texting, calling, or doing anything with friends outside of school.

"...you know, you are the first person to really say something like that about me," [Name] decided to say after seeing Todoroki was still waiting for a response.

"I would think you have a lot of friends," Todoroki remarked.

"Depends if you mean real or fake friends," [Name] replies with a tiny sigh, tightening their hand around their bag. Todoroki didn't say anything because he knew what they meant. [Name] didn't mind the silence, but a new idea popped into their head.

"What kind of music do you like?" [Name] smiles at the boy in mischief.

"....none. My father doesn't let me," Todoroki said, [Name] nodded in understanding and didn't look at him in pity. They took out their AirPods case and took out one of the buds and put it in their right ear and passed the other to Todoroki.

"Here," [Name] gestures for him to grab it. Slowly, he does and puts it in his left ear as they tell him. [Name] grins and takes out their phone, opens to Spotify, scrolls through their playlist finds the song they wanted, and presses on it. Family Line by Conan Gray plays as they hum to the song. They felt Todoroki's body stop moving as the song kept playing.

[Name] knows the song is similar to Todoroki's life and hopes the bridge part of the song would help a bit. They link their arm with Todoroki's in comfort as they feel him shake, humming. As soon as the song finished they felt Todoroki being able to breathe clearer than before.

"Thanks," he said as he leans on them. He made a mental note to ask [Name] for the name of the song and singer later today.

"You're welcome," they whisper as they lean on him too. They giggle as Good Looking from Suki Waterhouse begins to play. Ignoring the look of confusion on Todoroki's face.

-------

"Here are your badges," the nurse passes the visitor stickers to the two U.A. students.

"Thank you," [Name] smiles, and Todoroki nods. They plaster their sticker on their clothes, and the pair walks down the sterile white hallway. The nurse sighs in bliss as she watches the two leave, tapping her finger on the counter.

"Don't they make a good couple?" She turns to her co-worker who is putting away the visitor log. The guy rolls his eyes, knowing she won't see as his back is facing her, and voices his agreement as he knows she is a hopeless romantic.

"This is the room," Todoroki simply said. The pair could look at the white door in suspense. [Name] didn't make any move for them to open the door as they knew this was something Todoroki had to do. This is the first step to healing, and reconnecting with his mother. [Name] intertwined their pinky with Todoroki's.

Todoroki squeezed his pinky with [Name] and sighed as he felt them squeeze back, keeping him grounded. He slowly brought his arm up and latches onto the knob and twist it open. The first thing he saw was silver. Sliver hair like his mother, he thought to himself. The person turns around, her gray eyes shining as she notices she has a visitor in her room.

"Hi, Mom," he said, the corners of his mouth twitching upward into a small smile. He knew the only reason he smiled is not to reassure his mother but to him. He already had doubts and thought his mom would scream at him to leave and never come back. For Todoroki, if she were to reject him, he would feel himself become more shattered than ever.

Mrs. Todoroki's mouth turned into a soft smile as she couldn't believe her son was there. Beads of tears appeared in the corner of her eyes. She thought she would never see her son as he never visited her.

Fuyumi and Natsuo are the only ones to visit her, and there is no denying she feels like she has failed as a mother. Failed so horribly that one was dead and the other couldn't bring himself to see her who she scared for the rest of his life.

"...Hi Shoto," she replies, wiping the tear trailing down her face.

[Name] watches with a glossy look on their face at the reunion of a mother with her son. A part of them envy Todoroki for having a loving parent, and the other half is grateful he has someone like Mrs. Todoroki.

"Meet my friend [Last Name] [Name]."

[Name] took a deep breath in and exhaled, putting on a smile, "Hi Todoroki-san. I hope you like chocolate chip cookies." They slowly walk into the room and close the door behind them.

-----

Woooo thank you guys for the 736 reads and 52 votes! Cannot believe how many of you guys are actually reading this. I am cringing at my old writing. These chapters have been in my draft and I haven't changed it to the edited version. I am super lazy lol :v I will one day. Until next time~ Hope you like the Todoroki chapter, he is my second favorite, guilty as charged.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

366K 11.1K 34
irls if ur here piss off /lh ๐˜†/๐—ป ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐˜‚.๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜„๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๏ฟฝ...
162K 5.8K 14
โโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ค ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘ก?โž โ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘‘*๐‘š๐‘› ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘˜๐‘ข.โž ...
2.8K 87 28
Female reader insert. Awkward woman in her mid 20s with no quirk, but determined help anyway. I'm not sure how to explain this but this will have a...
73.6K 1.5K 64
Y/N Neo Sekai the Gravity User in the world of MHA, will he be able to change it's fate, will he found out who he is, and will he find out why the wo...