๐’†๐’–๐’๐’๐’Š๐’‚. [five hargreeve...

By strawberrymlk-

๐’†๐’–๐’๐’๐’Š๐’‚ โ”โ” (n.) a pure and well-balanced mind, โ› beautiful thinking โœ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ โ” 1963... More

๐„ ๐” ๐ ๐Ž ๐ˆ ๐€.
๐‚ ๐€ ๐’ ๐“.
๐ ๐‘ ๐„ ๐… ๐€ ๐‚ ๐„.
๐ฎ ๐ง.
๐ ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐ฑ.
๐ญ ๐ซ ๐จ ๐ข ๐ฌ.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ญ ๐ซ ๐ž.
๐œ ๐ข ๐ง ๐ช.
๐ฌ ๐ข ๐ฑ.
๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ฉ ๐ญ.
๐ก ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ญ.
๐ง ๐ž ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ.
๐จ ๐ง ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ ๐จ ๐ฎ ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ญ ๐ซ ๐ž ๐ข ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐š ๐ญ ๐จ ๐ซ ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ช ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ง ๐ณ ๐ž.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ - ๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ฉ ๐ญ.
๐ ๐ข ๐ฑ - ๐ก ๐ฎ ๐ข ๐ญ.

๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ข ๐ณ ๐ž.

2.8K 77 183
By strawberrymlk-

𝐗𝐕𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Run!"
  A deafening yell sounded in the field, as all of the Commission's assassins let out a battle cry. The ground below my feet shook, as millions of footsteps echoed around us. As we ran towards the house, the assassins began to shoot, sending bullets flying in every direction. The rapid gunfire continued as we ran, and all I could think about was how this was most likely the last time I'd ever feel such a rush of adrenaline. Or really feel anything at all. I can't feel shit if I'm dead.

  "We're not gonna make it!" Diego shouted, informing us of the obvious, as Five turned his head to look at the millions of people charging towards us. He took a hold of Diego's shoulder in his free hand, as he was still holding mine, and spacial jumped us further away. We were now running on the snow, and the barn was a lot closer.
  "Five, I think I'm gonna puke!" Diego said, after we'd landed.
  "No time!" Five shouted, continuing to run.

  My hand slipped from his as I tumbled to the ground, an agonzing pain forming in my abdomen. Five dropped back to help me up, and continued dragging me along as Diego caught up. He didn't notice the warm, red liquid that was slowly staining my sweater.

  We ducked behind a tractor, panting to catch our breaths and I looked down at my stomach. There was a patch of blood, only slightly darker than my red sweater. It was only visible if you were looking for it. 'Great day to wear red'.
  The sound of bullets ricocheting off of the metal flooded my ears, as I clutched my stomach.
  "What now?" Five shouted over the noise.
  "We blink into the house, man!" Diego yelled, peeking around the wheel and just narrowly missing a bullet. Five took my hand again and held onto Diego, attempting to jump us to safety. But all that happened was a soft blue glow from his hands and a warped noise.

  "What?" Diego yelled, his voice slightly higher in panic.
  "Shit, I'm out of fuel. I'm too tired." In comparison, Five's voice was much calmer. How the hell could he be calm at a time like this?!
  "Go! I'll...I'll cover for you!" Diego panted, crawling out from behind the tractor.
  "Diego!" I called, managing to keep my voice steady, so as not to draw attention to the fact that I was literally bleeding to death.
  "Diego, what are you-"
  "Go!" He screamed at us, and Five took my hand, pulling me up from behind the tractor. We ran as Diego moved closer to the crowd of people. I looked back to see him slow the bullets, before sending them into a nearby wagon. It exploded, just as Five and I reached the porch. We ducked whilst climbing the stairs, and rushed into the house.

  Five dragged me under the table and we hid, the glass from the windows and lights shattering above us. We both held our hands to our ears in a weak attempt to block out the noise. This was it. I was going to die. We had no way out and I was already bleeding out. It was just a matter of time before they reached the house and shot us both dead.

  Unexpectedly, the shooting ceased and it was suddenly eerily quiet. Five looked up at me, before cautiously moving to the window and peering out. The loss of blood was becoming harder and harder to ignore, as I began to feel my conciousness slipping away. I couldn't hide it from him anymore.

  "Five..." I gasped, straining to keep my eyes open. He turned to me, humming in response.
  "I'm shot..."

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕 (𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄)

  "What?" I asked, confused. She seemed fine, until I moved my gaze down to her stomach. She pulled her hand away and sure enough, it was covered in a dark red liquid.
  "Shit!" I slid under the table towards y/n and pulled her out from underneath. "Why didn't you say anything?!"
  "There wasn't time!" She pleaded, her voice high in panic, "Besides, if I'd told you, you would've been distracted, and then we both would've died..."
  I pulled her up to sit on one of the dining chairs. She was right-I would've tried to help and probably have gotten shot in the process.

  "Here, take you sweater off." I commanded, helping her tug it over her head. I reached my arms behind her to tie the sweater over her wound. My hands brushed her back, as I felt the warm liquid there too. The bullet had gone all the way through.

  "Shit." I muttered, tying the arms of her sweater. She yelped in pain when I tightened it.
  "I- I'm gonna die...aren't I?" She whispered. Her voice wavered as the tears in her eyes began to spill.
  "No, no, no!" I reassured, though neither of us believed it. She'd already lost too much blood. "You'll be okay, I pro-"
  "Five, don't let me die! Please!" Tears were streaming down her face now and she gripped onto my arm in fear. "I'm not ready to die! Please, Five! Don't let it happen!"

  I could feel my own eyes welling up, tears pricking them. I couldn't cry though. Not in front of her. If she saw, she'd know it was too late.
  "I won't, I swear. You'll be okay!" I didn't know who I was trying to reassure, her or myself, though it was clear that it wasn't working. "Just hold on a little longer, okay!"

  Her eyes were drowsy, yet I could see she was fighting to keep them open. I silently begged her not to close them.
  "Hey, hey, listen. Remember what Vanya said about the kid?" She shook her head, her lip quivering, "She said she brought him back to life! She can heal you, okay?"
  I wasn't exactly sure whether or not that was true, but she seemed to calm down slightly.
  "Tell her to hurry up, then..." She sighed, and a small chuckle managed to escape my lips.

  Tears continued to stream down her cheeks, though she'd stopped hyperventilating now. Whether that meant that she'd calmed herself, or that she was still losing too much blood, I wasn't sure. I just hoped that what I'd said about Vanya was right, otherwise she really would die. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she did.

  I hesitated as my heart pounded in my chest. If I did it, what would she think? Then again though, I wasn't sure she'd really care, what with her being this close to death. 'Fuck this.'
  I cupped her face in my hands, using my thumbs to wipe her tears away. She looked down at me, her eyes filled with fear. And I couldn't stop myself.

  I pressed my lips to hers, ignoring the world around us. Everything that had just happened didn't matter anymore, as she reached up and tangled her hands in my hair. I moved my hands behind her neck, pulling her closer. I hadn't realised just how much I'd wanted this, until it was really happening. And I wanted, more than anything, to stay in this moment forever. But of course it didn't last.

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  He kissed me.

  And just like that, the pain seemed to stop. I'd been fighting for my life, desperately trying not to close my eyes. Desperately trying to keep breathing.

  But as soon as he kissed me, it stopped. I didn't struggle anymore. It felt like I was okay, like I'd be fine after all, just like Five had told me.

  I tangled my hands in his hair as he moved his behind my neck. I breathed in his scent, longing to stay like this forever. If only I could. But of course the moment didn't last.

  Luther crashed through the ceiling, sending bricks and plaster everywhere. The room was filled with dust, as me and Five jumped apart in shock. Just like that, I was brought back to reality. I was shot, and rapidly loosing blood. And now, more than anything, I could feel the white hot pain.

  "Luther! Are you alright?!" I asked, attempting to stand to see if he was okay. Five placed a gentle hand on my shoulder and forced me back to a sitting position.
  "Don't move. You'll only make it worse."

  As if it could get any worse. I was pretty sure I was going to die, and, whilst I'd panicked just a few minutes ago, I was finally beginning to accept it. I didn't argue though.

  "Oh..." Luther groaned, as Five moved over to him, "I think I swallowed my tongue."
  Five rolled his eyes in irritation. If it wasn't for the fact that I was bleeding to death, and Luther hadn't interrupted Five and I, I would've laughed at his idiocy.

  "Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron." Five reached out his hand to help him up, "Come on, on your feet."
  "Hey, what the hell happened?" Luther asked, his voice hoarse, "What was that?!"
  "She must've redirected Vanya's energy wave."

  What? My eyes were beginning to shut again. Did I hear him right, or was I just hallucinating?
  "Who must've redirected Vanya's energy wave?" I asked, trying my luck. I sighed in relief when it turned out that I wasn't hallucinating.
  "Lila." Five answered.

  Wait, what? But I thought Lila was normal? As if on cue, Luther asked how Lila had managed to do that. But before Five could answer, the bricks above the fireplace begin to tumble towards the pair.

   "Luther, watch out!" Five shouted, shoving Luther to the side. The bricks collapsed onto Five, burying him alive, as I jumped out of my seat. My wound stung, a feeling of agony washing over me, as I lunged towards the pile of bricks. Luther did the same, as we both yelled for Five.

  I could feel more tears beginning to spill, as Five remained unresponsive. Luther and I began fumbling with the bricks, pulling them away and silently praying that he was still alive. The familiar, warped sound of Five's spacial jumps echoed behind me and I turned in relief, thinking that he'd blinked away just in time. Only instead, I was met with Lila's cold, unemotive glare.

  I stumbled backwards towards Luther and he held an arm out infront of me in protection, as Lila looked down at the pile of bricks, chuckling sadistically to herself.
  "What are you?" Luther asked.
  Lila merely chuckled, a vast contrast to mine and Luther's agitation, "Someone who wants to kill your brother."

  She circled around the bricks towards us. Luther turned his body too, keeping me behind him.
  "Well, that' understandable," Luther reasoned, "Diego can be a lot to handle."
  "Yeah, I was talking about Five." She stared down at the pile of bricks, before meeting Luther's eye.
  "Him too." Luther added, "But, unfortunatetly, they're family, so you're shit out of luck."

  Luther threw a punch at Lila, but miraculously, Lila caught his fist in her own. He struggled, pushing his fist against hers, but she remained unfazed. It occured to me now what her powers were. She could mimick others.

  "How is this possible?" Luther strained, trying again to punch her. He failed however, as she kept her grip firm.
  "Gotta believe in yourself, big boy." Lila mocked, before throwing Luther into the wall. He crashed through in the same way he'd fallen through the ceiling, sending debris flying everywhere.

  She chuckled, turning to me with a merciless grin on her face, sending shivers down my spine. My stomach ached from the wound, but the blood had seemed to slow, close to a stop. It gave me a small sliver of hope that I could run. I had no powers for her to copy, and I was good at running. The chances of me outrunning her were slim, but not zero.

  "So, we meet again, dear friend." She smiled menacingly. I swallowed my nerves, trying to appear unafraid.
  "So we do."
  She noticed the blood stain on my shirt, grinning wider.
  "Ah, you're shot." She said bluntly.
  I smiled sarcastically, gaining confidence, "Really?"
  The more I spoke, the more my head seemed to clear. Maybe I really could outrun her if it came down to it.
  "Makes the job easier then," She shrugged, reaching down to her boot and pulling out a pocket knife.

  I leapt towards the hole in the wall that Luther had created, but Lila shoved me backwards against the wall.
  "I really do hate to do this to you," She whispered, her hand on my shoulder, keeping me still, "You were cool. Shame you decided to turn your back on me."

  An excruciating pain pierced my bullet wound, as Lila dug her knife deep into my flesh. I gasped in shock as she withdrew the knife, her grin dropping slightly.
  "I'm sorry it had to end this way. I really am..." She swallowed, before walking away. She leaned against the wall, speaking unitelligible words to Luther, before jumping outside.

  My hands immediately clutched my stomach as the blood began to flow again. My eyes filled with tears at her betrayal. Weirdly enough though, I didn't blame her. She seemed genuinely apologetic after she'd stabbed me. Plus, the Handler had ordered her to kill us. Maybe she didn't really want to...?

  I pushed away my weariness, and focused on my coordination. It was weak, but I ignored that, and forced myself to think straight. I need cloth to tie around my waist. That's what Five did. 

  I rushed to one of the doors, tugging it open to find a bedroom. Not where I needed to be. I opened another, this time revealing a bathroom.  I shut the door behind me and dashed over to a cabinet. Inside was an array of different bottles. I pushed things out of the way, until I found a tube of antibiotic cream. I grabbed a roll of gauze too, and placed both on the countertop.

  My sweater was drenched in blood and I untied it, before dumping it in the bathtub. I lifted the hem of my shirt and observed the wound, gagging at the sight. It was disgusting, to say the least. Pulling out a washcloth from underneath the sink, I soaked it in water, before holding it to my wound. I winced in pain, before swiping away the blood.

  I unscrewed the tube, squeezing the cream onto my fingertips. My head was beginning to spin again as I lost more blood. I swallowed my discomfort whilst applying the cream, before beginning to wrap the gauze around my stomach tightly. The blood flow seemed to slow down, and I sighed in relief. The cream had stung at first, but it was beginning to numb the wound, making it a lot easier to breathe.

  I finished with the gauze, tucking the last piece underneath to keep it secure, before leaning against the door. I laid on the floor, pressing my cheek to the cold tiles. It provided a small amount of relief as I gathered my thoughts.

  As much as it pained me to admit, Five was probably dead, and as for the others, I had no idea. I just hoped they were all okay.

  I laid there for a while, catching my breath and allowing my head to clear. Eventually, I forced myself to sit up, and then stand, leaning against the sink for support. Taking a deep breath, I noticed the terrifiying silence. I strained my ears for any sound, but heard nothing.

  I debated staying in the bathroom for a minute, before repressing my fear and stepping out into the hall.

✮✮✮

  so...
you almost died 😍😍

  anyway today is the last day i'm gonna upload this book, cause it's gonna be done in a few chapters. just two more parts after this and it's over :(

  ily all and ty for reading <33

-eva xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 1.6K 19
One day in the year 1963, I fell face first into an alleyway. I woke up in a hospital with no memory of my home, age, or even my name. After waiting...
599K 13.2K 31
"Y/n, you don't have to worry about that. I will always be here for you," he explained. "Thank you Five," I whispered, hugging him. โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โžถโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”...
3.7K 12 26
Aleya Hargreeves had never felt normal in her life, especially having five brothers and two sisters that were born on the same day as her, but not re...
17.7K 344 24
(UNDER EDITING) "I control everything. It's kinda my thing." FIVE HARGREEVES X FEMALE READER ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐‹ ๐‘ถ๐’„๐’•๐’๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“ ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• A dysfun...