The Book of Life (Manolo x Re...

-TheLittleWriter-

In the quiet town of San Angel, Manolo, Y/n, and Joaquin who have been friends ever since childhood are force... Еще

Quick Things (A/N)
The Wager
Blessings and Medals Part 1
Blessings and Medals Part 2
Manolo's First Bull Fight
Some Weeks Later
With Y/n Gone
Father/Son Talk
Pre-Show Talks
Her Arrival
La Corrida
Belonging
Welcome Party
Pig's Company
Terrible Songs
Kiss?
Proposal
Los Bandidos
Sunrise Kiss? Part 1
Sunrise Kiss? Part 2
La Tierra de los Recordados
Family History/Reunions
Mamá?
To La Muerte
She Awakens
Roadtrip
The Labyrinth
Candle Man
Life and Death
New Wager?
The Task
Battle on Both Sides
The Battle Continues
San Angel's Battle
The Bell
Wedding Bells

Talks and Preparations

1.7K 52 7
-TheLittleWriter-

(POV:Reader)

-"Perhaps now, we could possibly continue our conversation, Señorita Posada?" he held his arm out waiting for my response.

-"Uhh..." I glanced at Manolo but he was gone.

-"Y/n, please" my father pushed me towards him

-"Do it for the town, without Joaquin, we are at the mercy of Chakal..." I sighed softly and took his extended arm starting a small conversation.

-"So, why don't you tell me about some of your medals?"

-"Well, I got this one for delivering a baby with one hand and arm-wrestling a bear with the other" 'this is going to be a long night' I told to myself.

-"You know, that's nothing, really"

-Meanwhile-

(POV:Manolo)

Joaquin had asked Y/n to continue their walk which meant it was time to take my leave. I got home, ready to fall onto my bed but no, dad had other plans.

I was dragged to the ofrenda room, a room dimly lit with candles and portraits of all our family members covering the walls.

-"Falling in and out of the ring..." my father spoke.

-"The whole Sanchez family would be so disappointed in you" I helped fix his medals and stood up.

-"Please, don't say that"

-"Listen, you love Y/n, then fight for her, like a man!"

-"It's too late, Joaquin proposed to her already" I said sadly.

-"Now, that's a real man!" my father started but was hit on the head with a ball of yarn.

-"Quiet, Carlos!" my abuelita interrupted him.

-"Manolo, if Y/n didn't say yes to Joaquin, then she said no"

-"So what are you gonna do about it, son?" I kissed my abuelita's cheek, gave a nod to my father, and rushed off to go prepare.

-POV Change-

(POV:Reader)

It had been a long night, listening Joaquin talk about his medals was interesting at first but then became this endless talk that bored me a bit. I really was proud of him, but I would have rather talked about different things instead of the same repetitive thing.

-"And I got these for saving some orphans from a fire"

-"And then I also saved a little puppy one time that had a thorn in his paw"

-"And this is a medal for having the most medals and..." I saw my home, my home sweet sanctuary.

-"Well, here we are"

-"Thank you for the umm...most informative talk about you"

-"Uh, I have something for you, Y/n" he reached for something in his pocket.

-"That is so nice of you...umm?" it was an autographed picture of him.

-"Wow...I'm speechless" I scoffed sarcastically, while he took it as literal. He leaned down pushing his cheek towards me

-"Goodnight, Joaquin" I giggled at him, leaving him there with no kiss.

-"Wait! Y/n!"

-"Yes?"

-"Umm..." he pulled my bonnet from his hat.

-"My bonnet...you kept it all this time?"

-"It's, well, it's what's kept me going"

-"About my proposal, will you at least think about it?" I nodded at him and bid a goodnight, closing the door and running to bed.

-"No more going out! I'm sleeping for a week!" I huffed quietly and fell onto my bed.

(A/N):

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

I won't be able to post tomorrow since I have some baking orders to do for Valentines Day, I'm going to be really busy and not have any time, especially with school work that my teacher's keep piling.

I hope you can understand!

I wish you all a very happy Valentines Day, whether it be with a loved one or family, please make sure to appreciate those around you who love you very much! 

Bye!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

148K 7.6K 26
*NOTE: Because I write this series for an independent publisher, I can't post the entire series on wattpad. I am posting the first book of the first...
554 6 13
(The title of this book has changed from Love Has Choices to A Tragic Story of a Black Woman.) This book is dedicated to my niece and her daughter. *...
The Girls with the Flame Tattoos Camalaroon

Подростковая литература

458 35 15
In this society, everyone has a soulmate. And the way to find yours is just look. Along with a soulmate, everyone has a small tattoo on their cheek...
2K 44 12
[This book is a continuation of my first book, The Demigod and The Originals. Please feel free to read that first so it won't get confusing.] You are...