Devil Doesn't Bargain

By marveltribrid21

MALE READER! Y/N Adams is known for his bad behaviour in college but no one can change him so he's transferre... More

Y/N Adams Bio
Prologue
Professor Johansson
Classes
Party Problems
The Truth
Mother vs Mom
The Saboteurs
Taken
Cold Case
Found
What Are We?
Unexpected
Shattered Hearts
Not Over Yet
Guess Who's Back
First Night Back
Hickeys and Moving in
First Time
Epilogue

Whatever It Takes

504 14 0
By marveltribrid21

As the sun shines in through the window on a nice Sunday morning, Scarlett yawns and stretches as she wakes up. 

She's confused about where she is for a moment till she remembers what happened the day before. She looks beside her to see Lizzie still asleep before looking around for Y/N. 

He walks tiredly out of the bathroom and crawls back into his bed beside them. Since Lizzie had her back to him, he snuggles up to Scarlett not noticing she's awake. 

"Comfy there?"

He hums pulling himself closer and nuzzling his face in her neck to block out the sunlight. Scarlett's phone lights up with a message from Chris asking if she wanted to hang out tonight. She agrees to hang out and that she will cook him dinner in her apartment. 

Y/N grabs her phone throwing it away since it was too bright.

"Y/N!"

He just grunts and smiles up at her making her shake her head.

"Why are you being so loud?"

Scarlett looks at Lizzie who she just woke up by shouting at Y/N.

"He threw my phone on the floor."

"No it's here."

She picks it up from beside her and hands it to Scarlett. Y/N moves over to Lizzie who massages his head. Y/N and Lizzie both stand up at the same time. 

"I'm gonna get a shower."

"I'm going back to Robbie soon so I'll call you later to check in okay?"

"Okay mom."

Y/N hugs Lizzie tightly before heading into the bathroom with a change of clothes. Lizzie sits down beside Scarlett.

"So what are you going to do today?"

"Chris is coming over later for dinner."

"Alone?"

"Yes, he's a good guy."

"Scarlett he's bad news, I'm telling you don't do it."

"I already agreed, he's nice to me."

"Cause he wants to get in your pants."

"No, we're not having this conversation again. I'm having dinner with him and that's it so if you won't accept that then just ignore it. I'll talk to you later."

Scarlett leaves the room as Lizzie sighs to herself. She gets up and leaves the room so she can go home to Robbie. 

Y/N walks out of the bathroom to see both women have left so he sits in his gaming chair turning on his PlayStation to play God of War Ragnarök. That night as he is playing his game, his phone starts to ring so he glances at it to see Lizzie is calling him. 

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie, I need you to do me a favour." 

"What do you need me to do?"

"Did you hear someone go into Scarlett's room with her?"

"Yeah some guy is over why?"

"It's Mr. Evans."

"What but he's-"

"I know, that's why I need you to stop anything before it happens. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes mom."

"Thanks sweetie."

Lizzie hangs up and Y/N saves his game before getting off his chair. He knows she won't let him in for just anything when she has a guest over so he has to do whatever it takes to get in the apartment and get Mr. Evans out. He looks at the glass on his locker picking it up.

"This is a stupid idea but whatever it takes."

He walks into his bathroom and crushes the glass in his hand.

"Motherfucker that hurts."

He bends down and pushes his hands into the glass.

"Mom is gonna kill me for doing this."

He stands up and walks over to the door turning the knob with the sides of his hand. He walks across the hall and bangs his head on the door. 

"Now I think I have a concussion."

Scarlett is sitting with Chris on the couch when she hears some bangs on the door. She excuses herself from Chris who was about to make his move and opens the door to see Y/N standing there.

"Y/N? What do you need? I have a guest over."

"Um I got frustrated with my game and needed to punch something so I punched the glass around the shower."

He shows her his hands and she gasps grabbing his arm to pull him into the room. She starts bringing him to the bathroom.

"What's going on?"

"Y/N is an idiot. We're gonna have to reschedule, I can't leave him alone."

"He's an adult he can take care of himself."

"I'm sorry Chris, he means a lot to Lizzie and me so I won't do that."

Chris sighs as Y/N stands there awkwardly by Scarlett who is still holding his arm.

"I understand. Rain check?" 

"Sure."

Scarlett turns around as Chris looks at Y/N who smirks and sticks his tongue out before following Scarlett to the bathroom as Chris leaves in anger knowing Y/N stopped him from getting what he wanted. 

"Sit."

Scarlett pushes Y/N onto the toilet after putting the lid down and gets the first aid kit.

"You're such an idiot you know that?"

"Well its lucky you are only across the hall."

She rolls her eyes at him as he smiles which fades as he winces when she starts pulling the glass from his hands. 

"That hurts."

"Maybe you shouldn't punch glass then should you?"

She finishes with taking the glass from his hand before wiping them with an anti-septic wipe. 

"Are you enjoying hurting me?"

"A little bit since you ruined my evening with my friend."

"I didn't mean to."

"I know, I'm sorry."

She looks at him with a smile which he returns. She wraps his hands up in bandages and cleans up everything.

"Thank you Ms. Johansson."

"You can call me Scarlett when we're alone or with Lizzie."

"Okay."

He stands up just as she turns around, their bodies pretty close together. 

There's just inches in between us

She looks up into his eyes as he looks into hers. They both start to lean in when Scarlett's phone rings, both realising what they were about to do step away from each other. 

"Hello?"

"Have you seen Y/N? I brought him dinner but he isn't here."

"Yeah he's here, I'll let you in."

"Thanks."

Scarlett hangs up dragging Y/N by the arm towards the door. She opens the door to see Lizzie standing there holding a tub of food for Y/N.

"Hi mom!"

"Hi sweetie."

"You son is an idiot and punched glass but you will be happy to know he ruined the evening so Chris left."

Lizzie rushes to Y/N seeing his hand in bandages and takes him towards his own room.

"Thanks for looking after him Scar."

She closes the door and turns to Y/N who sits on the bed opening up the tub.

"Why did you put glass in your hand?"

"How do you know I didn't punch it?"

"Because it's in the palm of your hands not your fist, and the glass you had on the locker is gone so I'm guessing you used that."

"Damn."

"Language."

"Sorry mom. I did it because I needed to stop him."

"And you didn't think to just tell her, you couldn't stop thinking about yesterday and you're scared to be alone?"

"I did not think of that."

"Clearly."

She walks over to him sitting beside him as he rests his hand on her shoulder eating some of the food.

"He won't give up easily, we need a long term plan."

"We could-"

"No you don't get to come up with the idea, you chose to punch glass as your first idea."

"Good point."

They both laugh. Lizzie comes up with a plan while Y/N eats and makes his own contributions to the plan. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 3.8K 15
Y/n was 24 when she joined the Avengers. She got friends with everyone except for Natasha. The hot red-haired woman who hated Y/N as such as Y/n hate...
69.5K 2.4K 46
Y/n Nash is finally in their senior year of high school. They were popular and everyone had their eyes on her. No one was ever enough to hold a relat...
171K 4.5K 40
"Whose name will you moan tonight?" She repeats the question and I let out a breath at her words. "Yours, only yours, Miss." I quickly reply, watchin...
304 48 22
When an innocent bet between siblings and friend turns into a battle to win. The bet you might ask? That is something one the select few know what it...