More Than a Girl Bodyguard

By everkind

Thought of a girl bodyguard before? Well, Taylor Rosanna, a tomboy, had graduated from Sinreth Academy, a sch... More

Chapter 1: Girl Bodyguard vs Mr Player
Chapter 2: What Are You?
Chapter 3: He's Truly a Player
Chapter 4: Catching After The Player
Chapter 5: Dress Party
Chapter 6: Mr. Player's Promise
Chapter 7: You Know Me and I Know You
Chapter 8: Double Kidnapped
Chapter 9: Childhood Bodyguard Friend
Chapter 10: Trusting a Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 11: The Player is Different
Chapter 12: Girl Bodyguard is Kidnapped
Chapter 13: Hurt Me?
Chapter 14: A Dress Again?
Chapter 15: We Found Her
Chapter 16: Seeing an Old Friend Again
Chapter 17: Found Them Two
Chapter 18: Duplicate
Chapter 19: They're Not the Same
Chapter 21: Nothing Else But a Bodyguard
Chapter 22: Player Runs After Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 23: Un-matching Socks
Chapter 24: Junior and Rosy
Chapter 25: There's Always Something
Chapter 26: Rose Hope
Chapter 27: A Kiss or Two
Chapter 28: Junior Teddy!
Chapter 29: His First Wish To Me
Chapter 30: Broken
Chapter 31: The Reason For 'Taylor'
Chapter 32: A Hope From Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 33: Finding Someone
Chapter 34: It's Her
Chapter 35: Food Thief
Chapter 36: Secrets of Harris
Chapter 37: Roses Blue
Chapter 38: Promised Mission
Chapter 39: He Was There
Chapter 40: Family Histories

Chapter 20: White Love?

9.5K 210 17
By everkind

Chapter 20: White Love?

Hearing the sound of a beep, fainting into the distance, I was awake. I tried to open my eyes and they felt heavy. I heard another beep from a machine and I recognised it. I flickered my eyes opened and saw the pale ceiling above me, where the lights were fainted. I turned to look at my hand which was bandaged and as I glanced up a bit more, I saw her.

“You’re awake!” Rosabel smiled.

I nodded, “Yeah.” I glanced around the busy place, “Where am I?”

“You’re at the hospital.” She said.

I glanced down with my eyes, looking at the bed I was in, as well as, the white blanket I was covered with. Looking down again, I found myself wearing one of those hospital pyjamas. I looked at my sister, “I hate the hospital.” I whispered to her, “And you know that. So why did you still brought me here?”

Rosabel nodded, “I know.” She sighed, “But you were bleeding badly.” She paused, “So we had no choice.”

I looked at the machine that was next to me again. The device that measures my heart beat. Looking at it, just makes me want to chop it in half with my bare hands. “That thing is so annoying!”

Rosabel’s eyes widened and then smiled, “You hate it, don’t you?”

I glanced away from her, still hearing the sound of the machine beeping. “It just reminds me of mum’s death.”

Rosabel quieted, when she heard my words, “I know, what you mean.” Her voiced changed, “But it’s the past, we have to get over with it.”

I looked at her again, “You mean you’re forgiving that person?”

She sighed, “No. That’s not what I meant–”

“Whatever.” I ended her sentence, “I’m going to find that person sooner or later.”

Rosabel held my hand, “Sis.” She whispered, “I think you should just leave it, and walk away.”

I felt her warm hands touching my fingers. “How could you say that?” I glanced at her. Looking into her blue eyes, she was trying to heal my scar buried deep in my heart and veins.

“I just think it’s for best.” Rosabel replied, “Afterall, you’re the only one I have left.”

I sighed. She was my younger sister, and I’m supposed to look after her. Instead, at the moment, she was looking after me. She was only two minutes younger than me and I guess, she understands more than I do. But I just couldn’t. I couldn’t let that person kill my parents with no reason.

I glanced back at Rosabel, “No.” I told her, “I have to find this person right now!”

Her eyes focused at me, “Rosanna...”

I glared at her, “Don’t call me with that name. I hate it!”

Rosabel silenced, “What? Why are you saying that?” She looked at me with her fragile eyes, “Mum and dad named us Rosanna and Rosabel.” She paused, “I don’t understand why you hate it so much. Both of the names means, beautiful rose.”

I looked at her, “You call a bodyguard a rose?” I glanced at her, “You’re a ballerina and Rosabel fits you. I’m a bodyguard, how can Rosanna be my name?” I stopped; looking at my twin, she was worried about me, “No. Rosanna is not my name!”

I slipped off the bed, pulling the wires and things that were attached to me. Wearing the thin slippers, I glanced back at my hand, seeing Rosabel holding tight. “Let me go!” I told her.

“No. Rosanna.” She said, “Don’t leave me behind.”

I pulled my other hand and released her grip from my hand. She finally let go and fell down on the cold floors. I walked out my way, not wanting to look back. Heading for the door, I saw Harris and Dean.

They both smiled at me, in which I ignored; I saw their expressions changed when they saw Rosabel on the ground behind me. I lowered my head and started to run down the hallway. No! This is not how I wanted it to be!

Harris and Dean ran into the room, Taylor left; seeing Rosabel crying on the floor, next to the bed.

“Rosabel, what happened?” Dean asked.

She glanced up, seeing her blue eyes blurring with tears. “Nothing.” She replied, seeing the tears still forming in her eyes, “She’s hurt, more than I am," Rosabel paused, "And at the moment, she doesn’t want to see me now.” She pointed, “You should go after her.”

The moment, Dean was about to turn around, he had already seen Harris left.

***

Walking in the winter wind, where the snow was bitter and icy; I was shivering with just the pyjamas that I was wearing. I glanced down, lowering my head, allowing my long brown hair to cover my face. I’m stupid!

I covered my face with my hands, not wanting to look up or down. But be a lonely person so that I won’t hurt anyone around me. I stood there feeling the white snowflakes covering my hair. How can I not do this? Why does it end like this? I was the worst human being there was in the world.

My mum died when I was seven and my father went missing when I was eight. What I have left as a family was my sister. We never saw our parents again, and there was no hope of seeing them anymore; it had been eleven years now. We had been waiting for eleven years.

The time seemed so short that I’m nineteen now; a young adult who can make decisions, just like how my twin sister wants to be an elegant ballerina.

She had asked me what my dream was. I never had an answer. But I know what kind of person I wanted to be. My eyes closed tight. I want to be a person who protects the people I care for. I didn’t want to be protected. And I guess, that was why I became a bodyguard; just like my dad.

I felt warmer, feeling something covering me by the shoulders. My eyes widened as I realised it was warm coat that was covering me. I turned around and saw Harris.

Glancing up I saw his soft green eyes looking at me. He didn’t say a word, standing there without a coat in the snow. Instead, he came closer to me and wrapped his black scarf around my neck. The scarf was soft, filled with the warmth he had been wearing it. I lowered my eyes, not wanting to look at him.

He wrapped his arms around me, “I know what you want to do...” He whispered, “Rosanna.”

My eyes widened. Yes, that was my name; the name that meant a beautiful rose. But I wasn’t beautiful. I was too selfish to question his sentence.

“It’s okay...” He hugged me tighter, “It’s okay, if you cry in front of me.”

Feeling his arms keeping me warm, my eyes felt like they were changing. Water started to surround my lashes, where tears began form. More and more as time passed on, my tears fell down on the snow. That was when I realised that, I was crying.

I heard Harris whispered to me, “Don’t worry.” He said, “I’ll be there for you when you need me.”

I didn’t say anything after his words. I couldn’t say anything because my tears were forming. And I couldn’t think of anything to say because, I realised that I was crying; stupidly in front of him.

Moments passed as I was wrapped by his arms. I stopped crying and wiped my tears. He let go of me and I took a step away from him, turning my back to him. “Thank you.” I said, still wiping my tears away from my eyes, “I owe you one.” I turned around and faced him.

He looked into my blue eyes and smiled, “If that’s the case,” He paused, “Could you be...”

I glanced up at him, seeing his dark brown hair, “What is it?” I asked.

He came closer to me still looking into my eyes. Wiping softly, he dried my last tear on my cheek. “Could you be my–”

I lowered my eyes, as I saw Dean behind him. He looked different, for some reason. His blond hair seemed like it was becoming dull, just by the minute.

Harris withdrew his hand from my cheek, seeing my eyes looking to another direction. He turned around and saw Dean standing there.

I was looking at Dean, seeing his blue eyes sadden.

Harris reached for my shoulders and hugged me tight. “I love you.” He said softly.

My eyes widened.

***

Sorry, to leave you guys hanging there, for the last chapter. But I finally managed to upload this chapter. Took me a while to update because of some studying. Anyways, how are you guys with this chapter? Do you like it? If you do remember to support it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592 74 30
Sydney Matthews was an ordinary girl who grew up with her mom, when her dad came into the mix she got pulled into trouble that caused multiple bodygu...
238 14 19
I smile at this loving the reaction he gave me. So go back to tracing. Purposely making each of my touches softer and slower. He grabs my hand and tu...
10.1K 410 32
Viscious, cruel, cold -- those are just some of the words used to describe Jade Von Kaiser, the sole heiress to the Von Kaiser fortune. Working along...
17.5K 405 25
Sloane was once a normal teenager till her boyfriend of three years broke up with her and her dad came clean about a haunting secret. Now in the 'pro...