The Strange Ones || MHA AU ||

By Galatic_Moon

AU: Multiple kids suddenly manifested powers, no one knows why or how. I'll explain each power when they come... More

Chapter 1 - #232 and #234
Chapter 2 - 216, 219, and 237
Chapter 3 - 238 and 235
Chapter 4 - 126 and 157
Chapter 5 - Missing Persons
Chapter 6 - 222, 201, and 183
Chapter 7 - The Todoroki's
Chapter 8 - 222 and 219
Chapter 9 - Police Investigation
Chapter 10 - Everyone finds out Ms. Katsu sucks
Chapter 11 - The Todoroki's pt. 2
Chapter 12 - Ms. Katsu gets what she deserves
Chapter 13 - The Raid
Chapter 14 - The Aftermath/Reunions
Chapter 16 - Sleep and Nightmares
Chapter 17 - The Big, Wide, Beautiful World
Chapter 18 - The Future
Chapter 19 - Class 1A
Chapter 20 - The Project(s)
Chapter 21 - Panic
Chapter 22 - Honored Guests
Chapter 23 - My Savior
Chapter 24 - "Touya's Calling.."
Chapter 25 - Superpowers sell for a lot
Chapter 26 - That's Classified.
Chapter 27 - Do you have Acrophobia? No.
Chapter 28 - Why, a cage.
Chapter 29 - Displeasing
Chapter 30 - Sick again
Chapter 31 - Amajiki and Hado
Chapter 32 - School? Now?
Chapter 33 - Explanations
Chapter 34 - Peace with you

Chapter 15 - Free and Safe.

84 0 1
By Galatic_Moon

|Hospital Things|

Also, I'm just going to say that ENgLiSh. Because.

Third Person POV:

Everyone, except for Tenko, had been moved to a big, open area, with many other rooms and an unlocked and open door.

The hospital attendants had decided to keep the door open as a way of showing the kids they were not locked inside.

There were four attendants in the room with the kids, but not guarding the doors or anything. They were trying to be as kind and friendly as possible, so they were getting to know the children by playing with them, talking, or just hanging out.

Touya and Keigo were playing Rock, paper, scissors in the corner. Touya was still feeling weak, so they had provided him with a bed. Natsuo with also with them.

Shoto and Izuku were playing with Tenya, Ochako and Himiko, using some iPads that had games on them. Fuyumi was also there, teaching them how to play certain games. A hospital attendant was with them all as well. Shoto was keen on playing a word game, even though he was pretty bad at it.

"Shoto, that was good." Fuyumi said. Her inner teacher was coming out. "You just need to add an e at the end. Instead of C-A-R, it's C-A-R-E. Care instead of car, okay?"

Shoto nodded. He frowned at the words on the screen. "Why are there two spellings of night? Why would you add a k that would just be silent anyway?" He says, frustrated.

Fuyumi smiles. "The vocabulary is hard, that is true." She says.

Izuku bumps Shoto's shoulder. "It's fine! You still are smart anyway." He says cheerfully. "Why are you doing it if it makes you angry?"

Hitoshi, Denki, and Eijiro were talking with two attendants about the outside. While Katsuki was sulking next to Eijiro, really just wanting to leave.

Rei and Enji were close to Touya and watching over him like a hawk. Fuyumi suddenly stood up and the group around her paused and looked up at her. "Where are you going?" Izuku asks.

"Oh, I think I'm going to take a shower." She said. At that, all the kids froze. The Todoroki family and the hospital attendants looked around at the frozen kids. "What's wrong?" Fuyumi asks Shoto.

"A shower?" He responded quietly.

Fuyumi looked at him and frowned. "Yeah? Do you want to as well?" She asks. Shoto flinched away from her with a terrified look on his face.

Touya in the back had frozen completely, his eyes were staring down at the ground with a far away look in his eyes. Rei was looking over him worriedly. Keigo noticed his frozen state and stood up, drawing everyone's attention. He walks over to Shoto and Izuku. "I'm sure she just misunderstood." He says with a smile. "She's not going to be taking a shower. And she's not going to be making you take a shower."

Fuyumi's frown deepens. "What do you-" She's cut off by a murderous glare from Keigo.

He turns back to the kids. "I'm going to talk with everyone for a moment, okay?" He says to all the kids. He stares at Fuyumi, Natsu, Enji, and Rei. They all follow him into another room. The hospital attendants follow.

Once they were all in another room, Keigo sighed. He turns to everyone. "Don't ever do that again." He says to Fuyumi. "I'm sure that you didn't mean to do that, but please don't ever ask them if they want to have a shower."

"What was that?" Enji asked with a stern face. "Why did they all freeze."

Keigo opens his mouth to explain, but the words get stuck in his throat. He clears his throat and tries again. "Um, well," He starts, looking away from everyone. "In that.. place. The nurses would give us 'showers' as a punishment."

Fuyumi looked confused. "How can showers be a punishment?" She asks. Keigo's eyes darken. One of the attendants gasped.

"Oh my gosh, is that why Touya and Shoto both have.." They trail off when Keigo nods. "Oh.. Oh my gosh."

Natsuo looks between them. "What? What is it?" He demands.

"The showers were very small rooms." Keigo explains, his voice blunt and eyes dull. "Completely concrete, and it wasn't cared for, so it was sharp in some places. The ceiling was covered in holes that.." He gulps his fear down. "If they were turned on.. hot, pressured water would spray down from the ceiling." He looks up and all of them could see he had been in these 'showers' before.

Fuyumi choked back a sob. "Oh god, that happened to Shoto? And Touya? And everyone?"

Keigo shrugs. "Most of us got punishments that fit us, so I'm not sure if everyone has had it. But Touya definitely has and.." He pauses and turns to the door. "He has a ton of bruises and scars on his back."

"What?!" Natsuo exclaims.

Keigo opens his mouth when a loud boom happens. "Shit." He whispers.

Everyone runs back into the big room and they freeze. All the kids were at the edge of the room, and a huge ice wall was separating them from a huge blue ball of fire.

"What in the world happened?!" Natsuo demands.

Keigo's eyes flicked around before immediately jumping into the fire, which caused everyone to start yelling at him to come back. Keigo used his wings to push himself forward. Sure enough, he saw Touya in the middle of the fire, screaming, releasing flame after flame.

"Touya!" Keigo yells. Touya locks eyes with Keigo for a split second before he starts screaming louder. Keigo gets to him and wraps his arms and wings around Touya.

Touya keeps screaming, but the flames everywhere start going away. Everyone else could now see what was going on. Fuyumi gasped and was about to move forward when Enji pulled her back.

The white haired boy keeps kicking Keigo for him to let him go. He thrashed around and pushed and pulled at Keigo, trying to make him let go. Blue fire was leaking from his eyes like tears, burning his face. His eyes were wild, crazed and scared. Keigo could tell that Touya was lost in the past, in all his trauma. He needed to get him out. Keigo gritted his teeth against the flames.

Keigo hugged him even more tightly. "Touya, you're not there anymore." He says through his gritted teeth. "You're safe, turn your fire off." Touya stops wailing and stares Keigo in the eyes. The flames completely dissipated and Keigo could see the new burns that would become scars on Touya's face.

"Safe, you're safe." Keigo repeated. "Safe. You. Are. Safe." Touya was breathing in small, ragged beats.

He looks around the room and down at his hands. They were shaking violently, vibrant red and burnt raw. "It hurts." Touya says. "And I hurt you. I.."

Keigo smiled reassuringly. "I'm fine, let's get your hands bandaged up." He says and turns his head to look at a hospital attendant. They run off and then come back with bandages. The attendant carefully walks up to the two and sits next to them. The attendant hesitates with the bandages in her hand.

"Just do it slowly." Keigo whispers to the attendant. They nod. Keigo turns back to Touya to see him staring back. "It's completely fine, Touya. No one got hurt." He reassures him. The attendant starts cleaning the burns on Touya's hands, but the boy pays no attention.

Keigo keeps saying that everything was fine and no one was hurt to reassure Touya, and the other attendants slowly get the room back in order.

Once Keigo was sure Touya's injuries were cared for, he led the boy back to the corner. Where one of the attendants had replaced the burnt bed with another.

Touya sat down with his knees up to chest. He looked at the wall, and Keigo took that as a sign he could leave.

Once he reached everyone again, he sighed. "So that, was Touya's power?" Natsuo asks. Keigo sighs and nods. "That's.. really cool." Natsu smiles.

"He doesn't use it unless he feels threatened." Keigo says. "Or when people he cares about get threatened. Like when Ms. Katsu slapped Shoto." He looks over at the boy in question, who was talking with Izuku and back on the iPads like nothing had happened.

Fuyumi did a double take. "Ms. who? She slapped Shoto?" She said angrily. "Where is she? I want to give her a piece of my mind."

Keigo just grinned darkly. "Too late for that, I'm afraid. We beat the sh*t out of her until Tenko finally murdered her." He says and laughs. Then his mood completely switches, going back to the cheery and optimistic. "Anyway, I'm going to go and sleep."

And then he walks away, leaving them all scared and confused.

<^> To Be Continued

(1.3k words)

I'm really trying not to say 'nurse' when I'm talking about the people helping them, cause then it just looks like they're the same people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 122 16
{Mainly Focuses on Main Characters but Will Also Go to Others} The multiverse is huge, universes and universes wide. My Hero Academia is only one. Wh...
5.6K 151 17
Shoto Todoroki, the boy who'd learned to shut his emotions. A boy with a cold and broken heart. A boy who didn't know how much he needed to be loved...
75.1K 3.1K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
8.9K 292 32
❗TW❗ Mentions of murder and stalking. Don't read if it makes u uncomfortable No quirk/highschool AU While Enji Todoroki is known in a lot of places...