Kin of the Damned

By June16_6

Would you give up your humanity to save the people you love? Vampires and werewolves were simply myths to Val... More

KOTD Playlist
Chapter 1: Supernatural
Chapter 2: Rosalie
Chapter 3: Rosalie - Part 2
Chapter 4: On The Road
Chapter 5: Training
Chapter 6: Proof To Live
Chapter 7: Competition
Chapter 8: Run to live
Chapter 9: Alexios
Chapter 10: Soldier's Wing
Chapter 11: The Fight
Chapter 13: Attack
Chapter 14: New Post
Chapter 15: The Alliance
Chapter 16: Family Reunion
Chapter 17: Politics
Chapter 18: Military
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 12: Remorse

6 3 3
By June16_6

The incessant knocking that I was trying to ignore would not stop. I lifted my face from the tear-soaked pillow. Looking at it made me think of who caused these tears, Alexios, which, in turn, made me angry. I punched the pillow. Tomorrow, I can be my kind and good self again.

Someone knocked on the door.  "Coming!" I yelled, trudging to the door. I pulled it open to be greeted by a face only slightly better than the devil.

"Alexios," I greeted, trying to wipe the tears that had dried on my face in the most discreet way possible for having him right in front of me.

His stone-cold expression cracked to reveal a tinge of remorse at the half-dried tear tracks that decorated my cheeks. He seemed remorseful if that's even possible for someone like him; I thought.

"I'm here to apologize. I realized what a bastard I was being after seeing you cry and hearing everything."

"Apology heard."

"You mean accepted?"

"No," I shook my head,"heard."

"Anyway, I didn't come here to feel better about myself. I came to explain myself in case it might make you feel better" Then he quickly added, "—but I can leave if it's more helpful."

I stayed silent before accepting, "Come in."

He passed me while I held the door open for him to pass. I took a seat on the bed and waited for him to sit but he just stood like an idiot. "Are you going to sit or...?" I drawed out.

"Yeah," He sat before beginning. "I've never felt what it was like to have a family but I think that if I had one, I would die for them, do whatever it takes to save them."

"I was doing the same, I—" I was interrupted by Alexios,

"Valerie, just—let me finish, okay?" I nodded.

"I wasn't sure my family would want me but you have someone—your dad—that you would do anything for.  I was jealous of that. My mind wanted someone to blame and let out my frustrations on them. I couldn't do that with Finley, or Rosalie, or the other vampires—it'd just get me killed.  There was only you left, but you were the only one that treated me like I was a person and I ruined that so I'm sorry to repay your kindness like that."

I was about to say it was okay but It wasn't, "Thank you for the apology, I forgive you but I need you to prove that you've changed."

"I will, thanks for a second chance."

"Everyone deserves a second chance. No one's perfect." 

________________________________________________________

Hey,  how is everyone liking the KOTD so far?  Sorry about the messy upload schedule too, it's hard to get time to post.  Comment if you think everyone deserves a second chance or not.  Also, please vote and add this story to your lists if you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading,

Kaylee :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 49 18
A vampire girl, tortured by other vampires while she was still a human, runs away and decides to join Vampire Hunters' Agency to get her revenge on a...
936K 24.8K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...
6.5K 389 28
(Sequel to Kidnapped... Sort of) Grace is faced with a life changing fate. When she awakes she is a Vampire. It was the only way Eli could save her...
416 59 12
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...