Defrost My Heart |Shayne Topp...

By beesinu

HIATUS; NOT DISCONTINUED. [smosh winter games setting] SEQUEL TO BUNK BUDDIES (can be read standalone) - Ever... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Road to Healing
Chapter 2: A Ceremonious Start
Chapter 3: T-Rex Attack
Chapter 5: Dancing With Death
Chapter 6: Cryopathy

Chapter 4: Fraternizing With The Enemy

351 7 2
By beesinu

There's bustles of laughter and chatting as the teams make their way back into the warmth of the cabin and you immediately start stripping out of your snow gear.

You were still absolutely buzzing from the win, but competitiveness aside you were also very happy about the great time spent with your friends. Maybe you were a little bit harsh with your disliking of filming, you could feel your creative spark coming back after being M.I.A in Smosh videos for so long.

"Who wants some coco?" You hear Keith call out enthusiastically, holding up a bag of marshmallows and the coco mix. He gets responses left and right in agreement as he starts to fire up a kettle and Olivia joins him for some extra hands.

Your heart warms at the fact the coco tradition lives on. Well...you guess it made more sense to have hot chocolate in the winter rather than the summer. Never mind that, it was still a tradition in your heart and you would stubbornly keep it that way.

You walk into the living room with a subconscious smile, seeing all of your friends huddled together and having conversations.

You noticed a spot in between Mari and Shayne and sneakily squeeze between them.

You can't help but drift your eyes towards Shayne with a slight smirk and slinging your arm around his shoulder, "How's it hanging in loserville?"

Shayne scoffed, offended, but you saw the way his lips curled up slightly. "I think you're riding this win a little too hard." He comments, grabbing your arm and tossing it off of his shoulder halfheartedly.

"I can name something else she'd want to–" Mari starts her comment offhandedly and your automatic response is to smack her on her shoulder.

"Mari!" The voice that escapes you is pitched up an octave and the hair on your arms stand at attention. Heat rises to your face just thinking of how she was going to end that sentence.

You glance over at Shayne who is also coloured in a shade of red, trying to avoid all eye constant possible as Mari loudly laughs at the both of you.

"You guys are such prudes!" She scoffs, shoving you a little which deepens your misery more.

You couldn't help but take slight offence to that comment. You weren't a prude...you just weren't adjusted to hearing those kinds of jokes again, especially in relation to Shayne. You could feel your stomach twist at the thought, and you couldn't quite place if it was good or bad.

A steaming hot mug catches the focus of your eyes, not giving you the chance to even fantasize or entertain those thoughts.

"Thanks Liv." You mutter with a lopsided smile as you take the mug into your own hands. It warms them quick, and you lightly blow into the mug before bringing it to your lips and taking a small sip. You hoped if anybody asked about your red face you could blame it on the steam from the hot chocolate.

When all of the mugs are handed out among the group, there's loud conversations and laughter from each side of the room. You couldn't seem to find the words to join into one, more focused on watching the brown liquid swirl with the white of melted marshmallows.

What catches your attention is the clanking of some bottles being pulled out of god knows where.

"How about we really get this party started!" Anthony hoots holding the bottles proudly in his hands with an evil smirk.

Tons of voices jump up in agreement and everyone gathers around the brunette giddily as he sets out shot glasses on the island in the kitchen.

You lag a little bit behind, a bit nervous to join in the rowdiness. You weren't big on drinking and your stomach started to hurt just looking at the bottle of Don Julio.

You take comfort in sinking into the side of Shayne when you reach the island with the others, placing your lukewarm hot chocolate onto the surface with the rest. You glanced up at him and noticed that he was bubbling with the same kind of excitement as the rest of your friends, he was always a partier at heart.

A plastic shot glass is placed in front of you with a smile and before you were about to reject, a hand sneaks it's way around your waist. Shayne is smiling down at you and the weight of his hand grounds you. Everything was going to be fine and you knew it, but the extra support pushes you really believe it.

"To Smosh Winter Games!" Ian declares, lifting his own shot glass as a toast. Following the others, you lift your cup and repeat the toast before taking a deep breath and downing the shot.

The liquor burns down the back of your throat and you reactively gag at the taste but keep it down. You drop the plastic cup on the table and squeeze your eyes shut. Jesus Christ that tasted like shit.

"Another one, another one!"

Your face blanche's at the request..it was about to be a long night.

***

The liquor hits quick.

Your cheeks are flushed and buzzing and you're talking animatedly with Courtney in the corner who is equally at (or maybe just above) your level.

"Y/n!"

You looked over at the person who called you and see that Keith is holding a guitar.

"How about a song for old times sake?" He's shoving the guitar into your hands hastily, excitement buzzing off of his body as he smiles at you widely.

"Dude you should have asked me before I was drunk as shit." Your words are slurred and you adjust the grip on the instrument.

"Oh come on, N/n!" Courtney is boisterous as she throws herself over you, the smell of alcohol coming off of her breath. You could only assume yours smelt like that too. "You've been like, fluent in guitar forever no way some tequila is gonna erase it from your mind man."

You can't help but snort at her speech. "Fluent in guitar?" It barely registered in your loopy brain what she said but you were glad it did, stomach hurting from laughing so hard.

"Whatever dude, just start playing your silly little instrument!" She plucks the strings with her fingers and you shoo them away while the others join in agreement.

"Alright, alright." You finally give in and start to stand, almost stumbling over your feet. "Woah." You giggle and make your way into the middle of the room, sitting criss-crossed down on the carpet.

Everyone gathers around, each reeking of different levels of alcohol and leaning in to listen to you play.

"Okay to keep it in the winter spirit," your fingers adjust to play the first cord. "Frosty the Snowman!"

The group jumps up into song and dance, drunkenly shouting the words as you played and messed up some notes but it's not like anybody gave a shit anyway.

***

By the end of the night everyone is stumbling into their rooms and you're clinging onto Shayne, barely able to stand.

You're giggling to yourself as he's dragging you into the dark room and holding you by your waist, making your chest burn and heart beat fast.

"Shh," Shayne's sushing you but you can't seem to keep quiet, the small laughter bubbling in your throat escaping without a care. "Courtney's trying to sleep."

Courtney was indeed sleeping, sprawled all over her bed with her leg half off of it and her hair a mess. Tomorrow morning was sure going to be rough for her, but you couldn't lie and say you didn't have a sinking feeling you'd be in the same boat.

You sling your arms over the blondes shoulders and sway a bit, a smile on your face as you stared into his eyes that were reflecting the moonlight. God, you wanted to jump him.

The grip on your waist tightens which explodes the butterflies in your stomach.

"I really want to kiss you right now." Shayne's words are spoken in a whisper and your eyes can't help but drift down to his lips. Wordlessly wanting the same.

"Why don't you?" The sentence escapes you before you could think. Fuck.

"Because we're both very drunk," He decides, fingers dancing around your skin which makes you shiver subconsciously. "I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts." You conclude, starting to lean in. The want is clear in his eyes and it seems as if those words pop the bubble and both of your lips are meeting in heated passion.

Teeth and tongue are colliding drunkenly and sloppily. Lust clouded the both of you, making it quiet a sight, you both looked like horny 13 year olds.

Shayne's hands start to creep down towards your ass and there's a split second in your conscious where you have half the mind to stop him, but instead you let him.

Fuck you Mari, I am not a prude.

The upper part of your back meets the wall behind you and the make out session only continues to heat up, you becoming handsy as well.

Just as you were about to act on your haphazard thought to take off his shirt, Shayne breaks the connection and starts to kiss down your neck.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He whispered, but your clouded mind continues to play with the hems of his polo and trying to lift it up.

"Y/n." His words are more stern this time, lips are off your neck and the warmth of his body his off of yours. The thrust into the cold air of the room sobers you up a bit.

"Sorry." You were clearly embarrassed. In your own useless battle to prove you weren't a prude, you were using your drunken confidence to throw yourself at Shayne. It felt awful, you didn't think about his feelings at all.

His hands are back on you when he notices the guilty look drawn on your face. "It's okay." Shayne assures, kissing you promptly on the cheek. "Just thought it would be uber embarrassing if Courtney were to wake up right now."

You can't help but laugh and simultaneously feel relieved that he was bringing his frat boy humour into this.

"I guess you're right." You grab his hand and yawn. "I think we should be sleeping too."

Neither of you bother to change into pyjamas before shuffling into the same bed. Your bed. It makes your heart pound in your chest. Shayne throws his arms around you and cuddles into your back and you smile warmly while nestling into your pillow.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

"Goodnight."

As the two of you drift off to sleep, the dim rays of the sunlight start to creep through the blinds.

The time had totally slipped through your fingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 263 12
Smosh One-Shots! *Requests open* Message or comment any Smosh ships or x reader's (romantic or platonic) you want to see and I'll do my best to write...
75.5K 1K 54
When Courtney's cousin and life long best friend Sydney finds herself in a bad relationship, she gets fed up and removes her from the situation. How...
12.9K 147 30
(REPUBLISHED THIS!! OG WRITTEN IN 2019!!!) Damien and y/n know they love each other, but can't be together- why? y/n moves to La knowing she'd work...
84.9K 1.5K 26
You decide to drop everything and move LA to pursue your dream of acting. When you get a job at Smosh, you find yourself falling for Shayne Topp, and...