The Fire Between Us {Neteyam...

By sayam5678

You are the daughter of the Chief of the Ash People who reside in the volcanoes. As you struggle with a troub... More

The Fire Between Us
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
The End.

12.

2.5K 84 90
By sayam5678

"Neteyam, we are approaching the volcanoes. If the temperature gets too hot let me know and we will turn around."

"Alright."

Rocks, big rocks sprinkled onto mountains that stand as mighty towers, lava flowing down each crack. The air around me is warm as we fly above what seems to be the beginning of something extraordinary. The night sky makes Pandora glow a luminous red and orange shade.

Flames gracefully flies between to walls of stone shaped like a corridor, the ending too dark to be seen at this distance. I hold onto her waist as (Y/n) skillfully avoids all the rocks that fall from the stones above.

This feels incredible! I smile brightly as I touch the stone walls, bringing my hands back to her waist, never wanting to let go. Being with her here is better than anything. I would endure any amount of torment and still choose to do this every time.

We eventually reach the end and enter the dark hole. What I see on the other side is beyond description.

In front of me is the Ash People's home. Towards the end in the distance are three volcanoes beside one another, great amounts of lava seeping down while burning an intense shade of orange. There are rock covered homes on the ground where red Na'vi walk on the paths carved out.

Fire blazes atop torches that surround the clan below and there are pools of boiling crystal water that are scattered all around the place. The darkness of Pandora is different here because this clan blends in, with only certain colours evidently glowing. The volcanoes hum a low tune as we fly past the Ash People, their heads turning upwards to look at Flames who sparkles a deep red under the crescent hanging above. To my side I see different kinds of dragons heading towards a cave, the diversity too astonishing to look away from. They wear tails of different sizes and shapes and glide through the sky with ease.

We are getting closer to the end of this vast clan and in front of the three volcanoes on the ground I see a podium. That must be where Dinraal speaks to his people. Directly behind it is an entrance inside the volcanoes. This is beyond belief. This place is truly astonishing. It's breathtaking.

(Y/n) pilots Flames towards the side of the third volcano and we land on the firm ground below. Flames lowers his head and (Y/n) begins to stand and I do the same, after which we both walk on Flames's head in order to rest our feet on the surface.

The ground below me is burning hot and the heat too painful to endure. I'm assuming (Y/n) notices because she takes off her shoes and hands them for me to wear. I quickly put them on and feel my feet cool down.

"Neteyam stay here with Flames and I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere else." Seeing her here makes me realize how much she must have missed her home. I know what that feels like. (Y/n) turns around and heads into the entrance of the volcano and disappears from my sight. I turn to see Flames resting on the ground and he has fallen asleep. I study his figure and then this place in front of me. There are so many places of Pandora I haven't seen and this is one of them. I am so glad I came.

"Forest freak"

I turn, knowing that voice and see Noatak standing in front of me. Oh shit, this is not good.

"Why are you here" he asks in an enraged tone.

"(Y/n) came here to collect her belongings and I am waiting for her."

"So she brought you here?" His fists clench to his sides and I know this will not end well.

"You're getting quite close to her huh. Well listen freak, she is mine. She belongs to me. We kill your kind and bury them in the depths of the ground. Don't get any ideas cause she will never be with someone like you. Stay away from her."

"Or what?"

"I'm gonna beat you to a pulp."

"I'd like to see you try." I've had enough of his bullshit.

I know I shouldn't fight with him but it's clear that (Y/n) doesn't want to marry this guy. She deserves so much more than both of us and I'll do anything to give her the best. Even if it means to shut this guy up.

Noatak comes closer and punches me in the face, hard. I stand my ground and punch him back harder and blood drips down his nose. I then hold the side of his heads and jab my knee into his stomach, after which he stumbles backwards.

"Don't ever tell me to stay away from her. I won't."

He runs towards me and I block his punch, shifting to the side then I elbow him in the face. He then jumps at me and I fall to the ground, my back scorching under the hot surface. Noatak punches me several times in the face and I feel lip burst open, my left eye swell and my back burns painfully.

Before the next punch I take his hand, twist his arm harshly and punch his face. Noatak falls face first and wipes the blood off his face.

"Do you really care about her this much?"

I punch him harder now 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times, unleashing all the anger I feel in knowing this man will perhaps be with her, live with her, mate with her.

I will not let that happen.

I push him back and then he pulls out his sword. He swings it in my direction with great force and I deflect on all his attacks. I yell at Flames to wake up but he keeps sleeping, so unaware of what's going on.

All of a sudden his sword leaves multiple cuts on my body, blood oozing out each one. Shit.

"Giving up so soon? Or you want more?"

"Come at me b*tch."

...

(Y/n) POV:

I've gotten my belongings from my home in the volcanoes. In case of an emergency I brought my special medicines, extra clothes and a few other things that are dear to me. It was hard living without these things, i'm so annoyed I forgot them in the first place. But it gave me the excuse to come back home so it's worth it.

I'm avoiding Dinraal at all costs because he can't know that I came. I am going against his orders. I've actually been doing that a lot recently and I don't know why.

I'm walking back to Neteyam and Flames who await my arrival but using a secret root that will prevent me from bumping into the fire Na'vi. I turn to look at them and they seem to be working. There are multiple weapons being crafted and food is being brought in.

My people are wrong for there ways. We hurt others. Most of us don't want to but our leader is strict with us, sentences the Ash People to the depths of the lava residing in the volcanoes. We are trapped, in pain for our doings and our hearts have become stones with no mercy left to give. This is why I want to lead them, heal my people, prevent the Ash People from using fire wrongly. But that would mean I would have to marry Noatak and I can't get myself to do that.

I make it up to Flames and walk further too see Neteyam and Noatak fighting. This is bad. Really bad. They both look terribly hurt but keep punching each other. I run towards them and rip them apart. I'm standing directly in between them, my body faced towards Noatak who glares at Neteyam behind me.

"What do you think you're doing Noatak?"

"Why did you bring him here. God (Y/n) your my fiancé and your hanging out other guys. I can't stand it."

"That doesn't mean you hurt anyone."

"Yeah well your not supposed to bring outsiders here. Does Dinraal know? Wait till he finds out."

"Dinraal won't know. You will not tell him or I will kill you myself Noatak. You don't need to inform him of my every action. Mind your goddamn business." He looks at me with anger fuelling in his eyes and I glare at him.

Noatak firmly looks at Neteyam and puts his sword back in its sheath and stares at the both of us for what feels like forever. He then turns around and leaves, his figure slowly disappearing.

I turn to face Neteyam and examine his injuries thoroughly.

"Neteyam. Come with me."

I get on Flames and help Neteyam up as well until he's sitting behind me, bleeding terribly.

"(Y/n) I cant go back looking like this. I know a place in the forest."

"Alright. Let's go there then."

...

We have exited the volcanos and are heading towards the closest forest. Neteyam holds onto my waist with one of his hands and with the other he is pressing on his wounds. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let him come but I didn't expect that this would happen. He points towards a big tree within the forest and Flames lands quickly. I get off first and then help Neteyam off by holding his hand and leading him to the tree where he sits with his back against it.

"I will heal you. You are so lucky I brought my healing kit."

"Are you the healer of your clan? This is a lot of stuff."

"No i'm not." I take the bandages and begin to wrap them around the cuts displayed on Neteyam's arms, our knees so close to touching.

"After I get punished I am left with many scares and bruises. I made these herbs and medicines for myself so I can heal quickly for the next day. It always works."

"Oh. Why are were you punished if you don't mind."

"My whole life I have tried to control my fire capabilities but failed every time. Because of that I received punishments from Dinraal."

"What kind of a father is that? He hurts you?"

"Yes. I guess all parents have their way of taming their children, my father's way is just more harsh."

"Very harsh. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. You are strong for enduring that."

"Yes. What about you?" I begin to wrap his other arm now, my knuckles gently brushing over his skin, sending sparks flying in my chest. I look at him and find he is already staring, his eyes studying my every move, my every facial expression.

"My father was from the sky people until he came to Pandora and fell in love with my mother. He is a caring dad but can sometimes be strict. I am the oldest sibling so my responsibility of being perfect and caring for my family is crucial."

"That must be hard. Always shielding your loved ones, taking in all the pain for them. It's like that for me to with Tehiti."

I have finished wrapping his cuts on his arms and the next ones are on his chest. I take the bottle of medicine and rub the ointment on his scars.

"Thank you (Y/n) for this. I am glad Eywa brought us together."

"We can't go back like this or your parents are gonna kill me and Dinraal will too. You will heal overnight so we will stay here."

"Here?"

"Is that a problem? I thought you missed being in the forest."

"Yes I do. Here will be fine. It will be good. "

I pack up my stuff, the medicine bottles clinking as they collide. I place the bandages neatly in my bag then get up and head towards Flames who rests farther to our side.

Flames, we are staying here. If there is any sign of danger let me know.

I will. So you're staying here with him, alone?

I'm not alone I have you.

That's right, I will be watching everything.

Please don't. Get some rest.

I head back to Neteyam now and once I see him I stop and just stare. He leans against the tree with his head tilted up and licks the blood on his lip. That was hot. He looks so hot and i'm so nervous. I've never been alone with a boy before in a forest at night. How my life has changed it amazes me.

I walk up to him and at my arrival he slowly gets up, using the tree for support.

"Neteyam I will sleep over here and you sleep all the way over there."

"That's too far. It gets cold at night. I can keep you warm." He inches closer and I'm at a loss for words. He wants me to sleep with him?

"Neteyam I can keep myself warm, goodnight." I walk away and he holds my hand to stop me. I turn towards him while eyeing him skeptically.

"I know you can. But who will keep me warm,
love?"

"Eywa will. Good night."

I break away from his grip and rest on the ground a feet away from where he resides. I have to say, sleeping on the grass is really comfortable.

My eyes begin to close and slowly, the world becomes a distant memory.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 150 14
You are a girl who loves the ocean. I mean, who wouldn't. You're the daughter of the Olo'eyktan. However, being sisters with the perfect daughter is...
8.3K 279 24
2154. My birthyear. My biological parents were ordinary soldiers stationed on Pandora, who had to leave one year later due to loosing to my father. T...
558K 16.5K 12
Neteyam Sully x Reader Adopted daughter of Olo'eyktan Tonowari and his Tsahìk mate Ronal, you spend your days often in the waters of the Metkayina cl...
52.6K 1.2K 30
She saw his gaze falter from her eyes for just a second and fall on her lips. She bit her bottom lip, as she felt her cheeks heat up. Was he going to...