Enemies

By mekaylapridget

Gillian Anderson and Courtney Carmichael are enemies...more or less. While the pair seem to constantly be at... More

1. "I Knew You Were Obsessed With Me."
2. "Bitch."
3. "You're My Favorite Person."
4. "Gillian!"
5. "Are You Wearing Underwear?"
6. "Ew! What The Fuck?!"
7. "Loser."
8. "What Has It Been...A Year?"
9. "Leave Me Alone, Fuckface!"
10. "Can I Kiss You?"
11. "Is This Seat Taken?"
12. "And You're Supposed To Be The Smart One."
13. "Leave Me Alone."
14. "Ugh, Go Talk To Her!"
15. "Courtney, Please!"
16. "Fuck Off."
17. "You Owe Me A Heated Blanket."
18. "Are You Okay?"
19. "Whatever, Courtney."
20. "More Important Obligations?!"
21. "Watch Me."
22. "Someone's Frustrated."
23. "Jealous?"
24. "Gillian, Please!"
25. "We Will Never Be Friends."
27. "I'm Proud Of You, Court."
28. "Make Me."
29. "Okay, Sherlock Holmes."
30. "I Miss You, Gill."
31. "You Look Different."
32. "Let Me Get That For You."
33. "Mistake."
Epilogue

26. "You're Being Dramatic."

9.7K 287 45
By mekaylapridget

Gillian's POV

"You're being overdramatic." I say.

"No, I'm not."

"Please, enlighten me. In what world is it normal to replace your girlfriend's photos of her and her best friend with photos of yourself?"

Courtney stops in the middle of replacing a photo of Moon and I at the state fair with one of the photos she took while we were hanging out.

"Please! They're not all of me."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Well, when your girlfriend is not only the person that you're dating but your best friend as well, it's kind of hard to see photos of her with another girl."

"Especially when I caught that same girl kissing you on multiple occasions." She adds, bitterness in her tone.

I laugh a little at her obvious jealousy before climbing off of my bed. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, her body heat immediately warming me up. My tank top-clad chest presses up against her back which causes the blonde's breathing to noticeably falter.

"Come on, I told you that she was just joking." I remind her as I rest my chin on one of her delicate shoulders, the hair that has escaped her messy bun tickles my face.

"She just wanted to see if you would get jealous and unsurprisingly you did."

"How would you feel if you saw the love of your life kissing someone else?"

"I never kissed her."

"Same difference."

I roll my eyes, not wanting to argue with Courtney. Cour-tney would argue for weeks straight if it meant that she would be the victor by the end.

Her competitiveness even scared me sometimes.

I bury my face in her soft neck, pressing equally as soft kisses to the side of it.

"Do you want brownies?" I mutter quietly.

Her head tilts back a little which results in exposing more of her neck to me.

"Please." She begs.

Anything she wants, she gets.

-

Have you ever entered a room and felt like everyone was silently judging you?

Well, that is how I felt when I entered to cafeteria.

Numerous eyes look in my direction.

Some of them are fleeting, but others are full on stares.

My eyes briefly scan over the crowded cafeteria before landing on a random girl who is whispering to her friend, her eyes staring straight in my direction. I presume that they are talking about me and my assumption appears to be correct when the friend that she is gossiping to turns to stare at me as well. I do not miss the way that her friend's eyes size me up and down with distaste.

My heart begins to speed up in my chest as panic begins to settle into my body.

They're staring at me...they're all staring at me.

"Hey," a soft voice interrupts me from my mini freak out. I feel the person place one of their soft hands on my shoulder at the same time the greeting leaves their lips.

"Talk to me, Gill."

I finally build up enough courage to break my gaze away from the large room of students, my brown irises connecting with a pair of familiar sapphire blue ones.

Courtney's brows are pulled together with what appears to be concern. Her sapphire eyes are glossy underneath the sickly-colored fluorescent lighting, her facial features are relaxed, and her bottom lip is set in a small pout.

Courtney's worried. More specifically, Courtney's worried about me.

I feel my heart warm in my chest at this conclusion.

She is so sweet.

"I feel like everyone is look at me." I admit honestly.

"Do you want me to gouge their eyes out?" She questions with a playful tone of voice, not missing a beat.

A short laugh bubbles up my throat at her joke.

"No, you can spare them." I play along.

A small smirk makes its way onto the blonde's face at the sight of my humored smile.

"Damn, there goes my plan."

I laugh at her joke once again, my shoulders uncon-sciously relaxing as I forget the reason why I was so worked up anyways.

"So..." the honey-haired girl trails off. I notice Courtney bring one of her manicured fingers up to lightly trail over my exposed arm. She starts at my wrist, slowly trailing her manicured finger up until she reaches my exposed shoulder. When she reaches my shoulder, however, she trails her finger back down to my wrist and repeats the action again.

I raise a suspicious eyebrow at the blonde, unable to hide the small smirk that makes its way onto my face.

"Yeah?" My voice comes out more low and sultry than intended.

This does not go unnoticed by the blonde herself judging by the way that her irises darken a little. I choose not to comment on the physical change.

"I was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with me?"

"Yeah, seems like a plan."

"Great! Let's go." Courtney is practically bursting with excitement as she grabs ahold of my wrist and attempts to pull me in the direction of the popular table.

All of my panic from earlier begins to rush in which in turn causes me to freak out once again.

"Wait, what?!" I yank my wrist back in order to cease Courtney's movements.

The blonde stumbles back a little from the rough movement, but luckily recovers quickly. I watch as she turns to face me with an expression of confusion.

"We're going to eat at my table. Come on, no one will interrupt us over there." She ushers, using her hand to usher for me to follow her.

Courtney's table is located in the middle of the court-yard.

This means that there are more eyes that will be on the two of us and I do not know if I can handle that.

I shake my head.

"I can't."

"Come on, Gill." She pleads, taking a few steps closer towards me.

"Courtney, I'm not you. Okay? I can't handle all of this staring, which is only going to get worse if I sit over there by the way."

The blue-eyes girl is silent for a few moments before a lightbulb seems to go off inside of her head.

"Oh my god, I know the perfect place! Follow me." She says, beginning to make her way out of the overcrowded cafeteria.

I furrow my eyebrows.

Where are we going?

-

"We're eating lunch in the backseat of your car?" The question slowly leaves my lips.

The nods her head, flipping some of her blonde hair behind her shoulder.

"Yeah! I mean, it's quiet and no one will bother us. It will just be the two of us."

There is a sincere look swirling in her deep blue eyes. A small smile playing on her cherry-stained lips.

It truly feels like Courtney put a lot of thought into this arrangement.

I take a moment to glance around her car, eventually coming to the conclusion that she is right.

"I'm really sorry that you have to go through all of this just to accommodate me." I say, meeting her eyes again.

Courtney places her metal fork down into the bowl of salad that she is holding in her right hand. Her hopeful expression is replaced with one that is more loving.

"Hey," she says, moving her freehand to rest on my cheek. This action forces me to hold strong eye contact with the blonde.

"Don't apologize for something you can't control." She tells me with a serious tone.

"I love you just the way you are and I'm willing to do anything to make sure that you feel comfortable."

A large smile makes its way onto my face at her confession.

"I love you too."

An equally as large smile makes its way onto Courtney's face before she leans forward and presses a kiss to my lips. Our lips slide against each other a few times before I lean back, breaking our kiss before she gets the chance to deepen the kiss.

The last place that I want to have sex is the backseat of my girlfriend's car, especially in nearly eighty degree weather.

My eyes open as I pull away and the first thing that I notice is the upset pout on Courtney's face. The second thing that I notice is the smudged red lipstick that has migrated towards the outer parts of her lips.

Seriously, Courtney?! Now I am going to be stained all day again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This chapter is on the shorter side, but I really wanted to get a chapter out today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 70.9K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
134K 3.2K 13
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
122K 3.9K 32
Isabella Wilder is the epitome of clueless. From getting disgusted stares from her classmates to having her own best friend blatantly flirt with her...
3.2M 96.8K 31
girlxgirl HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN GIRLONGIRL #1 IN GIRLS #1 IN TEACHER #5 IN GXG An emotionally battered woman with a craving for a attention and a...