"...To Stay by Your Side..."...

By EreMikaheart

Spoiler alert! What if in an alternative universe, after Mikasa frees Ymir from her pain of love, Ymir decide... More

1. An Answer Worths Everything
2. The Hurt in her Eyes
3. A Daydream
4. A Finished Story
5. A New Start in Life
6. Destined for Greatness
7. Towards the Tree on that Hill
8. To You, In 2,000 Years
9. That Day
10. A Dim Light Amid Despair
11. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
12. First Battle
13. The World the Girl Saw
14. Small Blade
15. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
16. Whereabouts of his Left Arm
17. Response
18. Idol
19. Scar
20. Primal Desire
21. Can't Look into his Eyes Yet
22. Special Operations Squad
23. What Needs to be Done now
24. Female Titan
25. Forest of Giant Trees
26. Erwin Smith
27. Crushing Blow
28. Defeated
29. Smile
30. Mercy
31. Wall
32. Beast Titan
33. I'm Home
34. Southwestward
35. Soldier
36. Historia
37. Warrior
38. Close Combat
39. The Hunters
40. Opening
41. Children
42. Charge
43. Scream
44. Closer to the Truth
45. Worthiness
46. Ruler of the Walls
47. The Night before the Journey to the Basement
48. The Basement
49. That Day
50. Attacking Titan
51. The Other Side of the Walls
53. Memories of the Future
54. Cruelty of this World
55. Under the Tree on that Hill
56. A Quite Walk through the Dark
57. Under the Tree
58. Grow Old Together
59. The Ending We Deserve
60. Towards the Tree on that Hill (Final Chapter)

52. From You, 2000 Years Ago

432 8 0
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

In a large formal military meeting room, the highest ranking soldiers sat, facing the group in the middle.

Three tables, seating three people were placed before the large desk up at the front of the room.
.

Dina sat in the middle with Zachary to her left and another military official to her right.

Two men with rifles stood by the wall behind them.
.

In the front row seat, there sat Eren and Historia.

Behind them, there sat Erwin, Hange, Dr. Eren and Levi.

Behind them, there sat the other titan shifters, Petra, Armin, Jean and Sasha.

At the either side, there sat Nile, Pixis and other Higher ups from MPs and Garrison.
.

"Today, and in the queen's presence, I would like to assess our situation and establish an agreement with the representative of Marleyan government, Willy Tybur." Zachary said. "This meeting will be conducted with the use of Founding titan. We'd present our arguments and conditions before Willy Tybur."

All of them nodded.

Zachary looked at Eren and Historia. "Now then, let us begin. Eren. Historia."

Eren and Historia nodded.

"Remember, Eren." Dr. Eren said. "The more time you spend in the Paths, the more fluent you'll be in using the power of Founding titan."

Eren nodded, looking at Dr. Eren.

"And, since you possess the power of Founding titan, you must have to overlook some incidents and do as it was supposed to be done." Dr. Eren said.

"Overlook some incidents?" Hange said, curious, looking at Dr. Eren.

"The influence that the Founder's power bring about have no past or future." Dr. Eren said. "They all exist at the same time."

"Oh okay..." Hange said and smiled. "That's interesting."

"Now that you know what you need to do, continue, Eren." Zachary said.

Eren and Historia nodded and held out their hands before making contact.
.

Then, they found themselves in the Paths.

Historia slowly opened her eyes and finds herself standing before the Coordinates with Eren standing beside her. "So, this is the Coordinates where all Paths converged...?" She looked around.

"Yeah." Eren said and looked around. "As Dr. Kruger said, we need to stay here for longer to know how to use the Founding Titan's power to it's full potential.

"Right." Historia said and her gaze fell upon Founder Ymir, who was standing before the Coordinates. "Eren, is she Founder Ymir, who moulds the titan bodies..." She crouched and ran her fingers in the soil. "...from this soil..." She looked up at Eren. "...whenever we seek the power of titans?"

"Yeah." Eren said, looking at the direction of Founder Ymir.

Historia stood up. "Dr. Kruger didn't reveal much about this place that day." She looked up at the sky. "I guess we'll only get to know more if we spend time here."

Eren started walking towards Founder Ymir. "Since we're here, I want to know how this all started in the first place... 2000 years ago."

Historia kept starring at Eren for a moment before walking after him. Her expression saddened at a certain thought. "Eren, do you know anything about... Ymir? Other than her story about how she was a titan for 60 years?"

"No." Eren said and looked at her. "But, we can find a way for you to glimpse into her past."

Historia's gasped a bit. "Huh?"

Eren looked ahead. "As Dr. Kruger said, the influence that the Founder's power bring about have no past or future. They all exist at the same time." He looked down. "So, may be, you can glimpse into her past." He looked at Historia. "Although, I was mad at you for siding with the traitors too easily that..."

Historia looked down in shame.

"...I guess I can understand you now." Eren said and looked ahead.

Historia looked at him in surprise.

"You just wanted to save your friend..." Eren said. "I don't know what you have been through for you to always put an act of a nice girl..." He looked at her and smiled. "I like this normal you better."

Historia just looked down.

Eren looked ahead. "Who could have thought we'd have to go against our own friends...?"
.

After a few moments of walking, they stopped beside Founder Ymir.

Eren kept starring at Founder Ymir, remembering something.
.
.
.

Dr. Eren was in Mrs. Mikasa's embrace as they were sitting beside Grisha and Kruger.

"I couldn't look any deeper into Founder Ymir's heart but, I know for certain she was in pain, wishing for freedom." Dr. Eren said. "She waited 2000 years for someone." He leaned back and sat up straight. "She continued to hope that someone could free her from the pain of her love..." He closed his eyes. "Finally, they arrived. That person was..." He opened his eyes and looked up at Mrs. Mikasa. "Mikasa..."
.
.
.

"Pain of her love..." Eren muttered.

"Eren?" Historia called out, standing beside Eren.

Slow, Eren reached out and put his hand on Founder Ymir's shoulder.
.
.
.

Clouds, illuminated by the evening sun, flew idly in the sky.
.

In an open area, at a small village, people went on with their lives, peacefully.
.

From a well, a 10 years old Ymir was collecting water for an elderly woman who was standing beside her grandson.
.

After she brought the bucket, full of water, up, she turned to the old lady and poured the water into her bucket, getting a thank you from her.
.

Just then, everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the distance as they heard the galloping noise of horses.
.

In the distance, carrying spears, the tribe of Eldia approached the village, with the motive to enslave the villagers.
.

Ymir looked at them with a surprised expression.
.
.

A few hours passed by.
.

Currently, the entire village was erupting into flames as the Eldian tribe burnt it.
.

Corpses of the elderly layed around while the Eldian tribe was escorting the remaining villages, whose hands and necks were tied up, in other armed Eldians' supervision.
.

The corpse of the elderly woman, whom Ymir helped before, layed there on the ground as Ymir passed by, a blank expression on her face.
.

In the distance, the Eldians were cutting the tounges of the villagers with their knives while the others watched in horror.
.

Ymir kept starring at the sight with a surprised expression for a moment before an Eldian pushed her ahead.
.

Flames continued to erupt from the burning houses while the smoke touched the clouds.
.

Ashes continued to flow in the air as the sun began to set in the distance.
.
.

The petals of flowers flew in the air as in the distance, at a small stage, an Eldian couple was getting married.

People cheered as the couple kissed.
.

Across the stage, before a wooden fence gate, there stood Ymir, holding a pot, starring at the couple with a surprised yet curious expression while her fellow enslaved villagers kept moving, carrying water buckets in two Eldians' supervision.
.
.

An empty pig pen door creaked as the pig had run away.
.

At a stage, on a throne, there sat Fritz, fist on his cheek.

Before him, there stood the enslaved villagers with scared looks on their faces.

The Eldian guards stood before the crowd.
.

"One of you let a pig escape." Fritz said. "If nobody fesses up, every one of you loses an eye. Slaves have no need for two."

The enslaved villagers gasped in horror at his threat
.

To save themselves, all the villagers pointed their fingers at Ymir and backed off.

One Eldian guard grabbed Ymir's shoulders and made her sit on her knees before he walked back to his previous position.

"You're the one who let it escape?" Fritz asked.

Ymir turned her head to her sides to look at her fellow villagers who kept starring at her with fear and pity.

Then, she turned her head to the king and bowed.

"Very well. You're 'free'." Fritz said.
.
.

Whimpering and panting heavily, Ymir ran through a forest while an arrow had penetrated though her shoulder and her left eye was bleeding.

Behind her, several Eldian soilders were chasing after her on their horses, trying to hunt her down.

One soilder rediated his bow and shot it, aiming at Ymir's leg.

Ymir let out a loud whiper as the arrow came penetrating her left leg.

She tripped and fell to the ground before rolling down.
.

The soilders stopped and looked around for any traces of Ymir while their dogs kept growling.
.

In the distance, Ymir was on the ground, taking shakey breathes while whimpering.

Her blood had fallen on one of the nine petals of a lone, white flower.

Slowly, Ymir lifted up her head and looked at the flower as tears rolled down her face.

Then, she snapped her head towards a tree before, which was unusually gigantic while there was a big hole at the base where the tree's root had parted.

Slowly, Ymir stood up and cluched to her left elbow.
.

Behind her, in the distance, the Eldian soilders slowly approached the tree.
.

Then, Ymir walked inside the hole of the tree.
.

After walking for a few moments, she enters a dark cave, filled with giant tree roots while the sound of water dripping could be heard.

Ymir stopped near the edge and looked to her right for a moment before she looked ahead and took another step forward, towards the edge.

Then, her foot slipped and she cried out as she started sliding down the dark hole.
.

After a moment, she fell on to the water of a pond with a thud and started to drown.

She tried to breathe but nothing worked as she kept drowning deep in the water.
.

Some moments passed by and she started to lose consciousness as she kept drowning.

Just then, a glowing centipede creature/ the source of all living matter swam towards her.

Once underneath her, it extended it's tentacles and made contact with Ymir's spine before glowing.
.

A giant, tree shaped, yellow lightning formed where the giant tree stood.
.

Several birds flew away, making noises.
.

The soilders looked frightened as they watched the sight.
.

The giant tree fell the ground and the giant lightning disappeared before more yellow lightning struck on that place.
.

After a moment, once the dust cleared, Ymir's Founding Titan stood up straight and threw her head back, roaring as her ribs started to grow outside her body.
.

Ymir Fritz's Titan form was enormous in size with blonde hair and long, protruding ribs.

Her Titan's face possessed no apparent skin, musculature or eyes, leaving only a visible skull.
.

.
.

Some years passed by.
.

At a stage, on his throne, there sat Fritz, fist on his cheek.

Beside him, stood an old man, holding a stick while other guards stood on the either side of them.

Before the king, on the ground, there sat a teenage Ymir on her knees with her usual blank expression.

"You've done well, my slave, Ymir." Fritz said. "You've built roads, cultivated the wilds and bridged mountains. My tribe, Eldia, has grown quite large."

Ymir bowed.

"As a reward, I shall give you my seed." Fritz said.
.
.

Currently, a war had broken out between the tribe of Eldia and the tribe of Marley.
.

The tribe of Eldia rode ahead, towards the tribe of Marley with Fritz leading the charge, holding a spear.

Behind them, there stood the Founding Titan, roaring.

"In the name of Fritz, annihilate the vile people of Marley!" Fritz shouted.
.
.

Later that day, Fritz and his soilders returned to their kingdom and passed by the crowd, carrying the severed heads of Marleyan soilders with Fritz leading the charge, riding his horse.

Ymir walked side by side Fritz.

The people of Eldia were cheering for them.
.
.

A few months passed by.
.

A pregnant Ymir sat on a chair, in the balcony, holding her belly with her usual blank expression.
.

On the street, soilders continued to march, each carrying a spear and a shield.
.
.

A few months passed by.
.

On a bed, there sat Ymir, legs covered with a blanket.

The midwife held out a new born baby to Ymir, standing by her bed.

Ymir took the baby in her arms and starred at her with a confused and curious expression.
.
.

One year passed by.
.

Another war had broken out between the tribe of Marley and the tribe of Eldia.
.

In the middle of a war, huge sparks of yellow lightning struck on the ground.
.

Everyone kept starring at the sight with shocked expression.
.

The Founding Titan appeared in a crouching position and threw her hand towards the soilders.
.
.

Another years passed by.

Ymir was holding her new born daughter, Rose in her arms.

A 2 years old Maria walked towards her from her crib, smiling.
.
.

With the help of the Founding Titan, many road, bridges and houses were built as the Eldian Empire kept expanding.
.
.

A few years passed by.
.

Before their new capital, there stood the Eldian soilders, each holding a spear.
.

In the middle, Ymir kept walking towards the throne with her usual blank expression while Maria, Rose and Shina kept walking behind her.
.

Behind the stage, female slaves were dressing Fritz up.

One slave had crouched behind him, fixing his cloak while another slave had kneeled before him, fixing the armour plate on his chest.

Another slave was fixing his crown, smiling.

Fritz kept talking with them, smirking.
.

A few minutes passed by.
.

Sitting on his throne, hand near his mouth, Fritz kept addressing his soilders and the captured Marleyan soilders.

Ymir and her daughters stood a few feet away from him.
.

After a few minutes, one of the Marleyan soilders, who had crouched along with others, furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed a spear from the ground, which was hidden in sand.

He quickly stood up and threw his hand back.
.

The soilders around them gasped.
.

Fritz's eyes widened and Ymir quickly turned to him.
.

The Marleyan soilder thew his spear at Fritz and two Eldian soilders stabbed him with their spear on his back while another soilder sliced his chest with his sword
.

Before the spear could hit Fritz, Ymir jumped before him, taking the hit of the spear which pierced through her chest.

After the hit, Ymir fell on the stairs, before the king while her daughters starred in horror.

Fritz looked down at her with a shocked expression, mouth open.

Ymir's head was on Fritz's direction while the floor underneath her covered in her blood.

Her daughters crouched beside her, crying.

Fritz kept starring at her with a surprised expression.

A few strangs of Ymir's hair fell before her eyes.

"What are you doing?" Fritz asked. "Get up. I know you won't die from a mere spear, my slave, Ymir."

Slowly, Ymir closed her eyes.

The image of the white flower with 9 petal with Ymir's blood on it came to her mind before she took her last breath.
.

Then, Ymir found herself in a dark place while she was back to her 10 years old self.

After a moment, her surroundings changed to a barren land with blue sand with star filled night sky.
.
.

A few hours passed by.
.

Ymir's body was being chopped in to pieces while some of her flesh was kept in pots, on a table.

Before the table, there stood Maria, Rose ane Shina, eating Ymir's flesh with a horrified expression while Fritz had his hand rested on Maria and Shina's shoulders.

A crowd had gathered behind them, watching the sight with disgust.

"Feast, my daughters!" Fritz said. "Whatever it takes, Ymir's power must be carried on! Eat every last piece of Ymir's body, Maria... Rose... Sina!"
.
.

Ymir gasped and turned around as heard something.

In the middle of the barren land, the Coordinates with three branches had formed.
.
.

A few years passed by.
.

Fritz was on his death bed while his daughters were standing beside his bed, holding his hand.

"My daughters... Bear children and multiply." Fritz said.
.

In the Paths, Ymir kept starring at the Coordinates as it's branches continued to multiply.
.

"Ymir's blood must be passed on." Fritz said. "If my daughters die, feed their spines to my grandchildren."
.

On the ground, there stood the nine titans, eyes glowing red.
.

"If they die, feed their spines from child to child!" Fritz said.
.

In the Paths, Ymir walked, passing by the Coordinates, holding a bucket, filled with water.
.

After some minutes of walking, she arrived at a velly as she made her way to the place where she moulded titan bodies, tired.
.

Ymir kept repeating the process each time she ran out of water.
.
.

Ymir walked on the sand, leaving footprints.
.
.

Ymir moulded the body of a Collosal titan.
.
.

Ymir tripped and fell, dropping the water bucket on the ground, spilling water everywhere.

After a moment, she stood up and turned around before walking.
.

"Even after I die, Eldia will dominate the lands with its monstrosities!" Fritz said.
.

Ymir walked, passing by the Coordinates, holding a bucket.
.

"And, our Titans shall reign supreme for eternity!" Fritz said.
.

Ymir walked down the velley, towards the half moulded foot of a Wall titan while the bodies of fully moulded Wall titans stood in the distance, side by side.
.

Ymir kept walking, holding the bucket with a tired expression.
.

"Until the world's ends!" Fritz said. "For ete-"
.
.
.

"Stop it!" Eren shouted, holding Founder Ymir's shoulders with furrowed eyebrows.

Ymir had a surprised expression on her face.

Historia stood behind them with teary eyes.

"You're not a slave!" Eren shouted. "You're not a God! You're just a human!"

Founder Ymir listened with the same surprised expression.

"You don't have to bow to anyone!" Eren shouted. "You can decide! You get to decide! You get to choose!" His eyes get watery and his expression softened. "The one, who has been leading us, is it you?" He backed off a bit and held Ymir's hands. "You have been waiting, haven't you? All this time..." A lone tear rolled down his face. "For 2000 years... for someone..."

Just then, Ymir's expression changed to a distressed one.

She gritted her teeth as tears continued to roll down her face.

Eren smiled softly and embraced her. "Ymir... you're free..."

___________________________________________

I'm adding some more stuffs here as I forgot to do so before. Sorry!
___________________________________________

.
.

At his mansion, in his living room, on a couch, there sat Willy, skimming through a newspaper, reading an article about Middle East. 'A war is about to break out.' He put the newspaper down on the coffee table. 'Without the power of titans, we won't be able to win.' He looked up. 'It has been 5 years since the Warrior units left for Paradis and we haven't heard anything from them yet.' He let out a sigh. 'They probably ha-'

.

Just then, he founded himself in the Paths.
.

"HEAR ME, SUBJECTS OF YMIR." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Willy founded himself in the real world again and gasped with a surprised expression. "What the-"
.

Then, he founded himself in the Paths again, along with every Eldians accross the globe.
.

"MY NAME IS EREN YEAGER." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Dina, Zachary and the scouts were still sitting at their table in one spot in the Paths, starring up at the Coordinates with a surprised expression.
.

"I AM USING THE FOUNDING TITAN'S POWER TO ADDRESS ALL SUBJECTS OF YMIR." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

The Eldians from Marley stood in one spot with a surprised and horrified expression on their faces.
.

"THE ISLAND OF PARADIS HAS SUCCESSFULLY ACQUIRED THE POWER OF THE NINE TITANS." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

8 years old Gabi and Falco kept starring up at the Coordinates with a surprised and horrified expression.
.

"MY ONLY GOAL IS TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF PARADIS ISLAND, THE PLACE WHERE I WAS BORN." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Carla, Miki, Mikasa and Mr. Arlert stood together in one spot with a surprised expression on their faces.
.

"HOWEVER, THE WORLD WANTS TO EXTERMINATE THE SUBJECTS OF YMIR-AND NOT JUST ON THIS ISLAND." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

A defeated Reiner and Pieck kept starring ahead at the Coordinates while Zeke had a surprised expression.
.

"THEY WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERY LAST SUBJECTS OF YMIR IS DEAD." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Porco stood there with a surprised expression, facing the Coordinates.
.

"I REFUSE TO LET THEM." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Zeke's grandparents, Dr. Yeager and Mrs. Yeager still had a frightened expression on their faces.
.

"AS THE HOLDER OF THE FOUNDING TITAN, IT IS MY DUTY TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL SUBJECTS OF YMIR ACCROSS THE WORLD." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

A surprised Keith stood there with a surprised expression, facing the Coordinates.
.

"FOR THE NEW ELDIAN EMPIRE, ALL SUBJECTS OF YMIR, WHO RESIDES BEYOND THE WALLS, ARE WELCOME TO PARADIS WHERE THEY'LL LIVE A LIFE WHERE THEY WON'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ANCESTORS' WRONG DEED." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Kenny kept starring at the Coordinates with a surprised expression while Rod Reiss had a horrified expression.
.

"FROM NOW, ANY THREAT AGAINST ANY SUBJECT OF YMIR WOULD BE CONSIDERED A THREAT AGAINST THE ELDIAN EMPIRE." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Hannes still had a surprised expression on his face as he stood beside his fellow soilders.
.

"IF ANYONE, BEYOND THE WALLS, THREATENS OUR EXISTENCE AGAIN, THE TITANS TRAPPED WITHIN THE WALLS SHALL BE SET FREE AND TRAMPLE EVERY INCH OF LAND OUTSIDE OF THIS ISLAND UNTIL ALL LIVES EXISTING THERE SHALL BE EXTERMINATED FROM THIS WORLD." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Then, all Eldians founded themselves in the real world again.

All of them, except a few, had a surprised and confused expression on their faces.
.

Willy grabbed his head in distress. "The Founding Titan..."
.

Just then, he found himself sitting at a table in a formal meeting room.

He gasped and looked up at the Paradis officials before him.

Before him, there sat Dina, Zachary and another Higher up.

Behind them, there stood Erwin, Hange, Petra, Sasha, Armin and Jean.

On the either side of Dina and Zachary, there stood Eren and Historia.

"Huh?" Willy said, surprised.

Zachary straightened his glasses. "Mr. Willy Tybur, the representative of Marleyan government and a fellow Subject of Ymir."

Willy remained silent with a surprised expression.

Dina furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's time to talk..."

___________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
31.7K 1.7K 24
(If you haven't read Hold Me it's highly recommended! But this can be read without doing so) Some years on, Eren and Levi now live together, married...
15K 586 28
(NSFW warning and trigger warning!) "ℑ'𝔳𝔢 𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔰𝔬 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔭𝔢𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔢. 𝔖𝔬 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔪𝔶 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔯𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔰. ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔢𝔯...
49.6K 1.5K 38
[Titan World complete] [AU ongoing] This fanfic will have 2 different parts. One will be set like the anime with the titans and stuff and death. The...