Different Breed of Love

By SeanTheLegend20

In the year 2025, 30% of all animals had evolved into anthropomorphic beings after a series of experiments. D... More

Before stuff & Characters
Character Edits (08/16/2023)
Chapter 1- The Concert/Meeting the Lifeguards
Chapter 2- Near Death Experience
Quick Update
Chapter 3- Start of a new Friendship/Letter from a Stalker
Big Update!
Some inconvenience
Antagonist & New Side Protagonists page
Chapter 4- Keeping Secrets & Danger After Dark
Chapter 5- The Morning After...
Chapter 6- First Date & Spark of Love
HUGE ACHIEVEMENT!
New Main Character/Love Interest(08/25/2023)
Chapter 7- Eventful Day
Late Update

Prologue

571 7 5
By SeanTheLegend20

It's been years since Furries came to our world and while there was some fighting at first, we both realized that we had a lot in common and decided to become allies instead. Now there were mixed species social groups, both species attending shared schools, Human-Furry couples which lead to some hybrids, and thanks to the extremely advanced, futuristic technology provided by the Furries, hundreds of illnesses have become completely curable and easily preventable. However despite all the good this peace has provided for most of the world, some things just couldn't be solved and perfection of life is still impossible...

???: I should've left you with the damn nurse who brought you out of me while I had the bloody chance! I will never accept you as my own son! (She then sets down a worn red stained whip) I'd start saying your pitiful, and worthless prayers while you can since your father's gonna be here soon! (The awful mother said with a sharp and threatening tone while pushing the teen out of her way and grabbing his wrist dragging him with her. She uses her nails to dig into the skin just because she wanted to)

(Suddenly the sound of keys unlocking the door can be heard, followed by the opening of the door before feeling the anger from whoever entered the house as they slammed it shut)

???: (In his mind) "I forgot to readjust it! I'm getting the taser again.." "They only let me live since they'd be caught if they kill me and they know no one would bail them out."

???: Why must I come home everyday to see my beautiful wife who is without a doubt the most charming, lovely, and truly the kindest woman in the world only for the lovely moment to always die off when I see the shit that for some hellish reason is our boy! I shouldn't even call you my son you worthless good for nothing piece of shit! You know what Sean... Just for existing I'm giving you a well deserved visit from the backside of my right hand!

(The tall, 30 year old man proceeds to hit the teenage boy that was his own son... Sean was only 16 years old)

Sean: (to himself) "I can't to turn the tables someday."

(The man would always expect to have the newspaper ready to read after work facing upwards in his seat, but he saw it was facing the other way)

???: Ella hold him still while I fetch my old friend... my taser! I'd also throw ya in the basement, but seeing as you actually brought my paper in the house on time for once... I'm not gonna risk damaging the stairs. (This horrible man was truly the worst father in history)

Ella: Come on Grant sweetheart. You know he already understands mercy is only for those who go to heaven and were good people? What does he mean to us?

(She said full of humility and bitterness)

Ella: He Means Nothing at all! Hehehe... Though I just gave him lashing for failing to tend to the much needed preparation of my Wednesday afternoon meal. I think he should just stay in his dark room with no more meals until he is ready to try being a more respectful, servant again as he failed to meet our expectations for being our "real" son, so he doesn't deserve to be treated as one. That's punishment enough for a shameful, unlovable, painful, and disgraceful trouble maker such as himself.

Grant: This is as close as you will ever get to having us show mercy and being nice to you! In fact we'll make sure that you'll never be shown such kindness ever again!

(Grant bitterly and disgustedly said to the neglected teen before furiously walking up the stairs to change out of his work clothes)

Sean: (Under his breath) apathetic retard and ugly ass bitch.

Ella: (slaps him) WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK JUST CAME OUT THAT MOUTH OF YOURS!?!?! (hits him again even harder) Sean you are such a fucking brain dead leech! I told you to go to your room NOW! You want me to lock you in there til next week again!? You know I will gladly do it and I'll make it last for as long as I desire because I'm superior to you!

Sean: (To himself) "I wish you two would just drop dead already... in fact... I'm leaving tonight and going to the police... I'm ending this nightmare now."

(Back to reality)

Ella: IN YOUR FUCKING ROOM NOW!!! NO FOOD FOR A WEEK! NO SCHOOL FOR A WEEK! NOTHING FOR A ENTIRE WEEK YOU FUCKING SHITTY GOOD FOR NOTHING DISGRACE OF A SON!!!!!!! UNLESS YOU GET YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE ASS UP THOSE DAMN STAIRS AND IN YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Sean: Yes Ma'am... (I go to my room and shiver at the sound of my door being locked from the outside) I will just have to keep praying that God allows to you choke on whatever you and that alcoholic bastard have for dinner. I also wish for that man to be a hit-and-run victim and that his insides scatter everywhere. As for you... to be sold by human traffickers as you are just as evil as them. I hate my family. I just want to leave this living hell!

(Sean tucks himself underneath every layer of blankets and sheets on his bed and covers his face with his pillow so no one hears him. He then screams fiercely into the pillow before stopping to begin nonstop crying)

(The following week...)

Grant: Sean it's your lucky day! We've got a surprise for you downstairs! (The overlapping link of chained locks can be heard being unlocked from the outside of his room and then the door clinks and opens) Be down here in less than 5 minutes with whatever so-called personal belongings you can fit inside this suitcase! You hear? Nothing leaves this house that was here before it became a host with you being it's parasite.

Sean: Yes Sir. (To himself again) "My real life begins once you two are put in jail. Then I'll finally be able to have a happy birthday to remember from my childhood or at least... non-adult years..."

Grant: Good! Also... While you're at it, Don't bother going to the police or I'll hunt your ass down and make you regret taking in those first breathes at birth!

(He storms off)

Sean: Oh boy.... What is it this time? Black eye? The classic Ass whooping from Ella's Paddle or Grant's Belt? My life is nothing but a constant punching bag and a fucking joke... Oh wait let me guess... Am I getting thrown out of this nightmarish asylum after spending everyday of my life in it for the past 16 years!?

(I went down stairs, but I saw confused at what I saw, but then realized what this was)

Sean: Care to explain why a furry girl is doing here? Not the kind of "surprise" I was expecting... Wait is that part of the surprise?

Ella: Sean... say hello to Molly! She's your replacement in this family. We decided that if we can't love our own son, but can't have any more children of our own... Then we'll just adopt another and put you out on the streets where you truly belong! It's truly wonderful isn't Grant? She's much more lovable just from her looks alone, but she's also an improvement as she was rightfully given life... If only Sean was never born then the world would be better.

Grant: She sure is Ella dear.. So Molly? Want to see your room? No need to tear down meaningless wallpaper or decor since Sean was only a freeloading embryo and not really our child, and didn't deserve such things... We will treat you like the child we rightfully should've had.

Molly: Thanks for the family loser! If You weren't being replaced and actually had a reason to be loved I'd love having a brother, but.... Hehehehe! That's not happening! Hehehe.

Sean: IM FUCKING FREE! I'VE FINALLY GOTTEN MY WISH! I GET TO LEAVE THIS PRISON FOR REAL! BUT BEFORE I GO... ITS MY TURN TO DELIVER PAIN ON YOU TWO!

(I shove Molly aside, approach Ella and deliver a painful and well deserved bitch slap upon her face and kick my abusive father right in the baby maker with full force)

Grant: I can't wait to choke you to death! You Fucking Prick!!

Sean: For what? I'm NOT YOUR SON REMEMBER GRANT!?! YOU TWO ABUSED ME AND TORTURED ME INSTEAD OF CARING FOR ME OR EVEN SHOWING THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF AFFECTION! I AM GLAD TO BE LEAVING THIS DEMONIC FAMILY! I DAM BOTH OF YOU TO ROT IN THE DEEPEST, DARKEST, AND VILE FIREY DEPTHS OF HELL!

Ella: Forget it dear... I want to gouge his little eyes out myself!

Sean: Zip It Bitch! You are not worth God's Glory! I did the right thing and I pity Molly I truly do. I pity her for being adopted by this wicked, cursed, couple hiding behind the lies of calling this a family!

Sean: While I won't have any friends or relatives to stay with... I don't care because you Molly have given me my freedom. So I will shrug off what you said as you'll soon learn the truth that these two will never be legally allowed nor mentally able to raise any kids for what they did to me for 16 years! Grant and Ella... I bid you a enraged parting final message, I will always Hate you two and also... Hope you are able to adjust life when someone does something that deeply impacts your way of living.

(I gladly walk out the door and thankfully someone agreed to drive me to the town's police station and explained the situation. Once we got there he introduced himself as Tyler Addams, and turns out he was a cop who helped bring down a group of drug dealers last week so I found it pretty convenient that the person who drove me to the station happened to be a officer too. Finally after casually smiling and waving to my handcuffed parents I managed to slip away and since I didn't want to spend anytime inside a foster home nor a homeless shelter, I decided to live off of my parents confiscated funds of over $9,500 dollars while I could while still going to regular schools as I've been going to already)

(A few years later... Despite being harassed and picked on for being a homeless student, I'm happier this way because I no receive such things from the people who were once my parents. Sadly, here I am currently getting assaulted by my main bully, Daniel Connors)

Sean: Leave me alone Daniel! I gave you all my lunch money and all my lunch too! I did all your homework, finished the partner project all by myself, and got the number from that girl you have the hots for! Hell I even took the blame for that sexual comment which got our Algebra teacher fired even though everyone else knows it was really you who posted it! Please just don't waste anymore time with me as I'm not worth it! I risk my life everyday just to have hope of waking to live another day! I was lucky to get street money from passing strangers! Most just try getting their greedy and selfish hands or paws on my hard earned and well deserved petty cash.

Daniel: Hahahaha!! I'll stop bullying you when you aren't a pathetic, defenseless loser! In other words... "A FAILURE!" JUST BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE TALENT OR THE FACT THAT YOU GOT ABUSED BY YOUR PARENTS DOESN'T MEAN I SHOULD TREAT YOU AS IF YOU WERE WORTH ANYTHING!! SO NAH YOU WILL CONTINUE BEING MY PERSONAL BANK AND PUNCHING BAG!!! Hahaha!!

(Daniel scoffs and laughs as he resumes to beat me ruthlessly and viciously.)

(The previous group that once targeted me decided to leave me alone, but I still got pushed around within the crowded halls. Daniel may have popularity and strength on his side, but I have brains and kindness on my side)

Principal Hoffman: DANIEL CONNORS! MY OFFICE NOW! LEAVE THAT STUDENT ALONE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I REMOVE YOU FROM THE FOOTBALL TEAM!!! I'LL CONSIDER LETTING COACH KEEP YOU FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON, BUT FOR NOW... YOU ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY UPCOMING GAMES!!! LETS GO NOW!

Daniel: Yes Mr. Hoffman. (Daniel slowly walks into the school to face his punishment) You should run while you still can Grey! Because the very second the last bell rings... I'm gonna find you and kill you for good. You Got It! I'm making you dead one way or another.

(I shiver in fear and groan in sheer pain as Daniel storms into the school while flipping the principal off)

Principal Hoffman: Was it still just Connors this time? Or did he try having someone tag in for a change?

Sean: (Raspy and painful tone) On- Only D- Daniel.. (cough cough) He must've forgotten what would (coughs up blood) happen if he assaulted me again.

Hoffman: He'll be taken care of right away Mr. Grey. Let's get you to the nurse.

Sean: T- Thank you Mr. Hoffman... I'd be nothing without- (I said faintly before blacking out)

It's been weeks since Daniel got kicked off the team, but since this was the 5th time he's been caught beating me up, Daniel was expelled... I was taken more seriously as I developed a tougher personality.

Female student: Say did you hear what Sean did? He got Daniel expelled, and ever since he's been well... Intimidating.

Male student: Now that you mention it... Has anyone even dared talking bad about him lately?

Sean: Ahem... May I ask why I'm in your discussion or should I move along? Not to be rude or anything.

(Both students stop talking and bolt out as soon as the bell rings)

Sean: Was getting that jerk off campus really enough to give me a terrifying reputation? I never even fought back...

(TimeSkip)

I was now a 17 year old senior in Highschool with no more bullies and people actually were nice to me. Though I was still troubled by the horrors of the past.

Sean: Doesn't matter whether I ask anyone or not... I'm too used to being a solo act that I'm too nervous to even consider asking a girl to prom, but... I have been hearing rumors about a certain gal that has been eyeing me for a while. Might as well give it a shot. I'm still going to the dance regardless as I want to see if anyone might spike the drinks.

???: I mean yeah he's smart, good looking, heck quite a singer. It's just... After everything that he's been through, if I ask him he might just write it off as a prank or something as people have done it in the past. But I really do like Sea-

???: Oh Nichole... Look who's coming~ hehehe...

(Sean approaches the girl he was told might have a thing for him and he asked her if she'd go to prom with him)

???: Eep! Oh um h- Hey Sean what's up? Hehe....

Sean: Nichole right? Umm listen... I was wondering- (I freeze and out of nervousness I exclaim) Will you got o prom with Me!?

(Blushing deep red)

Nichole: Huh?! Um d- did you just ask me out to prom?

(I nod thinking they'll laugh at me)

Nichole: I'd love too! Here let me add ya to my contacts so we can stay in touch... Since you won't have your parents take ya consider this a free ride to the destination! I'll pay for a limo for us and my friends k?

Sean: Oh w- wow! That would be- awesome Nichole...

(Prom was a blast, however it was just dancing, music, drinks, and photos... after the night was over

While I had been fine living on my own... I still wanted to settle in a place that wasn't teeming with bugs, rats and drug dealers. I just wanted to have a real home...

Robber: Give me all you have punk or I'll just use my knife on your face and rob ya of your good looks hehehe!

Sean: All I got for you is my empty money clip. I don't have shit pal! Do you really get off doing this to people?

Mugger: Option B it is then runt... hehehe.

And this was when I met Hallie...

While I was making my way towards my worn down apartment with a fresh cut barely missing my eye, I was aided by her without knowing her and when I opened my eyes I was in a hospital where she had been waiting for me to wake up.

???: Hey looks like you okay now... I brought you here after I gave that thug a good beating for doing that to you. Wish I got there sooner. What's your name?

Sean: I- I'm Sean Sean H- No I despise my blood name as they did terrible things... I'm just Sean now.

???: Well Sean... I'm Hallie, Hallie Grey. What exactly did your parents do to make you hate them?

(I explain to her what happened years ago. She tears up at hearing my suffering)

Hallie: They'll be punished for sure! No child deserved to go through what you went through. Seeing as you probably don't have enough money to pay for rent... Why don't you stay with me until you find your own place.

Sean: T Thank you Hallie...

She was a hard working delivery worker and a dragon furry whom was by far the kindest person I've ever known. She seemed to be very concerned for me. We continued to chat and slowly we got closer, but one day she asked me the most unexpected thing that made me cry...

Hallie: Hey Sean. Listen, you may see me as just some single, charismatic, gorgeous woman and you see yourself as a nobody, but I feel like you and I are close like family rather than just friends... so could I adopt you as my son?

Sean: Yes! Finally! Someone who I can trust with my life! (I said with tears in my eyes) You definitely have the traits and qualities of a motherly figure. Hehehe!

(I tearfully hugged Hallie who I accidentally called Mom, but she just laughed and returned a hug back)

And from that day on... Hallie was now my adoptive guardian and life became more worth living. I then graduated and I was honored as being the best in my entire class, but I never got to confess my feelings to the first girl to ever ignite a fire my heart. I then left my home town along with my adoptive mother Hallie. We ended up getting a place by the beach in a nice city by the name of Prosperity. It was famous for being the home of one of the largest and most high rated luxury activity centers of the century: "Paradise Deluxe," and I eventually started working part-time there as a singer and guitarist, within 3 weeks I already made $1200 dollars. I soon became a idol there and was given my very own practice room with my name labeled on it. Life seemed to finally be treating me right.

(4 years later)

I was now 21 years old and while Hallie was showing a little bit of protectiveness when the fan letters started coming from more girls... I had also made a new friend at the mall. What I didn't know was that my life was about to change forever...

???: I wonder how he's been doing without me? It's been so long, but it seems fate might be bringing us back together after 4 years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 359 62
-Female shifter/Male shifter Romance- -COMPLETED- My gaze followed up her neck, to the curve of her jaw, until they settled on fierce eyes staring ba...
40.1K 924 32
I don't own Marvel. My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I was a normal guy who living in my normal life...so I'm going to college and you know I'm just doing...
7.4K 183 10
Y/n is just your average human boy, only being 5 years old. Oh, did I say average? I meant anything but. He is the first student of Son Goku, who cam...
36.2K 381 11
Starshine(a lemon's tale): Furry Girl(S) X Human Male Reader ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN LEMONS IF YA DON'T LIKE IT JUST DON'T READ IT AND...