The Book of Life (Manolo x Re...

By -TheLittleWriter-

In the quiet town of San Angel, Manolo, Y/n, and Joaquin who have been friends ever since childhood are force... More

Quick Things (A/N)
The Wager
Blessings and Medals Part 1
Blessings and Medals Part 2
Manolo's First Bull Fight
Some Weeks Later
With Y/n Gone
Father/Son Talk
Pre-Show Talks
Her Arrival
La Corrida
Belonging
Welcome Party
Pig's Company
Kiss?
Proposal
Los Bandidos
Talks and Preparations
Sunrise Kiss? Part 1
Sunrise Kiss? Part 2
La Tierra de los Recordados
Family History/Reunions
Mamá?
To La Muerte
She Awakens
Roadtrip
The Labyrinth
Candle Man
Life and Death
New Wager?
The Task
Battle on Both Sides
The Battle Continues
San Angel's Battle
The Bell
Wedding Bells

Terrible Songs

2.3K 63 11
By -TheLittleWriter-

(POV:Manolo)

-"I can't believe the general invited the whole town!" one of my mariachi 'friends' ranted.

-"Except for you, Manolo" he chuckled nervously.

-"Sorry, bro"

-"Yeah, he even invited us!" the other said.

-"And he hates us" these guys weren't making me feel better, in fact they were worsening the situation.

-"It's hopeless, I've lost her to Joaquin" I sighed out, feeling pathetic.

-"Okay, okay, listen, listen" I turned to the eldest brother who looked excited about something.

-"All we got to do is play the right song, and trust me, everything will turn around in the space of four bars!"

-"We've already been to four bars! Twice!" with that said he crashed into a lamp post.

-"Hold It! I know exactly what to play!" one of the brothers exclaimed and whistled for the three of them to huddle up.

-"It has to be romantic and classy, but with tons of dignity" they whispered to each other as I began to walk away but they pulled me back.

-POV Change-

(POV:Reader)

I had calmed down a bit, I was reading a book about poems and famous writers when I heard a mariachi cry 'un grito'. Chuy, who was sleeping on my bed gave me a look and grunted annoyed. Then a voice, that wasn't all that pleasant began to sing.

-"YoU, yOu gOt WhAt I nEEd" a creaky piano also followed along with his voice.

-"bUt YoU sAy hE's JuSt a fRiEnD" Chuy was getting annoyed and was walking towards the window.

-"What are you doing?" I asked my 'little' pig.

-"oH, BabY, yOu..." I muffled my giggles, as Chuy had dropped one of my flower pots on the poor mariachi singing.

-POV Change-

(POV:Manolo)

-"Wow, that totally captivated her," I chuckled.

-"I don't get it? That one always works" one of the brother's questioned.

-"Even on my wife!" the other added and I facepalmed.

-"Ooh, I got it! Follow my lead!" I facepalmed even harder knowing this was gonna be disastrous.

-POV Change-

(POV:Reader)

-"iF yOu WaNt mY bOdY..."

-"AnD yOu tHiNk i'M sExY"

-"MaMi, vAmOs, LeT mE KnOw"

-"Lo,lo, Lo, LOOOOOO" the signing had begun again and it didn't take Chuy but two seconds to drop another flower pot.

-POV Change-

(POV:Manolo)

-"Very romantic, Pepe" I laughed out after the pot had fallen on his head too.

-"Hey, that's all I got!"

-"It's my turn!" the other brother rushed getting his instrument ready.

-POV Change-

(POV:Reader)

-"One, two"

-"One, two, tres, cuatro!" Chuy lasted an even shorter time, I giggled as he dropped the cactus on what I hoped was the las mariachi's head.

-"I hope they are alright" I mumbled between laughs.

-"I'm feeling a bit tired, I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight!" I turned off the light and was about to get ready for bed when a soft guitar melody stopped me.

-"Manolo..." I whispered as I heard his voice singing softly.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4.8K 54
BOOK 3 in THE ROMANO SERIES Can be read as a standalone BUT I would advise you to read book I and 2 first to get to know and understand not only the...
190 11 18
It wasn't a love story, at least not for me. With events that began and ended with me and Alejandro. We rushed into things that was too intense for...
1.6K 346 42
*COMPLETED* "111 what's your emergency?" "Uh, hello?" I take a shaky breath. "My name is Storm Black, and m-my father has a knife sticking out of hi...
55.5K 850 28
Why did this man have to rape me. NEVER in my life, did I play with the heart of other people. I was never the girl, who slept around. I wanted to fi...