Goddess In The Sheets ✓

By MaFIABooks

Luca Romano is a force to be reckoned with - a powerful, wealthy man who commands respect and fear in equal m... More

WELCOME
Chapter One | Till Death Do We Part, Or By Lies.
Chapter Two | Eye Spy With My Eye A Little Lie.
Chapter Three | Take Me To Church, Tell Me Lies.
Chapter Four | Red Sheets, And White Lies.
Chapter Five | Blond Ladies, and Long Lies.
Chapter Six | Dead Bodies, And Hidden Lies.
Chapter Seven | Love here, and love there-don't lie.
Chapter Eight | Burgers and fries with a side of lies.
Chapter Nine | Little Do I Know, It Is A Lie.
Chapter Ten | Pranks And Fights, And Little Lies.
Chapter Eleven | Telling Stories, And Little Lies.
Chapter Thirteen | Don't Like Buyers, Don't Like Liars.
Chapter Fourteen | Tick Tock, Arrives A Lie.
Chapter Fifteen | Hidden Secrets, In A Lie.
Chapter Sixteen | Kisses In-Between Lies.
Chapter Seventeen | Touching Bodies, and Licking Lies.
Chapter Eighteen | Ball Gowns, Suits And Lies.
Chapter Nineteen | Lies Have Gone, Here Comes Truth.
Chapter Twenty | Peek A Boo, Here's The Truth.
Chapter Twenty One | Dungeons Secrets, Cells Truth.
Chapter Twenty Two | Hicks and Up, Down The Truth.
Chapter Twenty Three | Love Is Letting Go, Of The Truth.
Chapter Twenty Four | Didn't Make A Sound, The Truth.
Chapter Twenty Five | Tick Tock, Off Time Goes-Like The Lies.
Chapter Twenty Six | Secrets, Lies, Truth.
Chapter Twenty Seven | Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall Of Lies.
Chapter Twenty Eight | Telling Truths And Meeting Lies.
Chapter Twenty Nine | Mistakes Are Made But Not Again.
Chapter Thirty | The Heart Wants The Lies, Not Truth.

Chapter Twelve | Deny The Kiss, With A Lie

8.6K 395 250
By MaFIABooks

Your comments mean a lot to me, so thank you-also keep commenting! it makes me notice you as readers!!

"Why did you deny her kiss?" Layla asks.

"Because- I don't like being touched."

"I don't believe that for a single second." She shoots back at me.

"Why do you think?"

"Because you didn't want to fall more in love with her, you knew that if she touched you any way then you'd fall right under her. Her touch did something to you, it opened you-made you feel-"

"Free." I fill in.

"Did you not want to feel free?"

"I did, but I did not want her to fall for me- she made a deal for her freedom and a divorce. If she falls for me- she wouldn't want it."

"Meaning she will be nothing but a target from every Mafia."

"Exactly." I whisper.

"You loved her so much, you knew the right thing to do was let her go." I nod. "So did you? Did she leave?"

"Now, what did I say about skipping chapters."

His eyes were just locked in mine, we were sat in separate couches across from one another as Imani hands out warm coca to everyone and settles down beside me. I take the warm mug from her, "thank you."

"Now let's play charades!" Mila jumps from excitement.

Turns out Mila and Caleb have a child, if anything they had three children! I was more shocked than you are right now, Marcella-Anastasia and Maximus.

They were all around the age of seven and under, and they loved Luca. They actually adored him. The way they took the marshmallows from his mug and chuckled when they got caught. And I could tell that he loved kids more than adults.

More than he would to me?

I had no clue why that thought just slipped in there.

"Okay we need to partner up!" Imani claps her hands, suddenly laughter comes from the hallway. I raise a brow and sit up, "oh darling don't worry, those are just Lucas cousins."

Three guys come into view, "now did we hear charades?" The one in the middle says, Maximus, and Marcella run into their embraces.

"And you must be Athena Grey." I nod my head, standing up to shake his hand but he doesn't offer his.

"I would rather live to tell you, my name." He points at Luca with his eyes, "I'm Lorenzo, that's Gabriel and my brother Mickey." They all looked a little too familiar-

"We're triplets." Gabriel notices, I hum.

"So, triplets run in the genes too?"

"Other than amazing looks, yes."

Mickey winks, they settle down on the same couch as Mila and Caleb. Mila goes off and hugs them tightly, to the point where they told her they couldn't breathe.

"There's no room!" Gabriel and Lorenzo sat, Imani looks over at Luca and nudges her head.

There was space for one next to me.

Luca stands up and settles down beside me, his huge build taking up most of the couch- and squishing me. "Okay, you know how to play Charades don't you Athena?" Lorenzo grabs the stack of cards and shuffles them.

"I've played with my sister-" I pause on my words.

"You have a sister?" Luca asks, glancing down at me.

"Yes, she passed away four years ago." Everyone looked at me with sadden looks, and I didn't like it at all.

"We had no clue John had another child..." Imani speaks, as she takes my hands in hers.

"Well, the attention was all on me because I was marrying a Romano. So, they never-really gave her any." I stutter in my words, "does anyone want refills?" I push myself of the couch, dragging my curls behind my shoulders as I take my cup and walk out of the living room.

I couldn't handle it.

The feeling.

Entering the kitchen, one of the maids offer to refill my glass but I ask to be left alone. I lean both elbows on the counter and rush my fingers through my hair, tears blurring my image as I wipe my face once I hear a sound from behind me.

I turn around and my body bumps into his, Luca, "Luca, did you want a refill too?"

"How did she pass?" He asks bluntly.

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"How did she pass?" He asks again.

"My father killed her." I whisper, his gaze softens for some reason. His thumb grazes just beneath my eyes, almost wiping a fallen tear away. Just his touch- his touch alone is making my heart glow.

How am I liking him so quick?

Why does my skin already have a reaction to his touch?

"I'll kill him, Athena." He whispers, his head falls into my neck. "I'll make sure he's on his knees begging you for mercy."

My hand stops itself from rushing it through his hair, I just had to handle it. I feel his warm breath tingling me, he pushes away and looks up at me, my neck betrays me and falls backward as our noses became inches away.

His eyes travel to my lips, and mine looks through those lightened greens.

Give in.

Give in Luca.

His hand slides to the back of my neck, and that's when I notice he is about to kiss me.

I close my eyes, but before anything could happen- "Uncle Luca! Marcella took your marshmallow!" Maximus snitches, Luca steps away from me immediately and we both had to handle our composure.

Our first kiss- was ruined.

If only I could kick Maximus in the face- I'm joking. I'm joking. My mind is up to things.

Luca looks back at me, and I follow after them into the living room where Lorenzo was playing against Mila.

"Come on! It's not that hard!" Lorenzo shouts at Gabriel.

"You look like a deformed chicken! So, it is hard!" Gabriel shoots back, I settle back beside Luca who gives Marcella a marshmallow and she runs to her dad.

I grab the blanket that was being handed by Imani and throw it over my cold legs, suddenly, I feel a hand slide onto my thighs. My eyes look up at Luca who is pretending to be engaged in the game, I take the chance and rest my hands on top of his- and surprisingly-

He interlocks his hands with mine under the covers and settles it onto his leg.

The butterflies that flew around my stomach were prancing and dancing right now-

Because Luca just touched me.

He let me touch him.

And it may seem like nothing at all to some people- holding hands. But for Luca to touch me, my heart glowed. And it was a different glow than I had with Elias, this glow felt like it was almost about to burst.

I think I'm beginning to like Luca.

And we've only known one another for a month or so.

Is that too soon?

It didn't feel like it, my hands felt so small in his. But they fitted just right. Whilst my hands were cold, his were warm and comfortable.

"Mummy! I want more marshmallows!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 3.2K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...
263K 6.4K 33
The situation in Portorosso is dire. The once peaceful town is now ruled with an iron fist by Visconti Mercenaries. Led by Ercole Visconti, hunts for...
38.2K 718 48
Irina Inessa Smirnov is twenty years of age. She wanted nothing more than to be independent and loved after years of being without her parents. Giov...
401 1 24
Luca decides he wanted a night off from this 'orginal life' and decided to go out. Being out in the city he was always the man that showed nothing bu...