A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

By Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... More

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

🌕 Freebird 🌕

1K 23 30
By Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel sighs softly, as she sits by a tree in a calm mediation. She is, once again, wearing her regular purple princess dress. Taking a deep breath, she opens her eyes. "Do you hear that?" She asks. Everybody, except for Cassandra, takes a deep breath. "That is the sound of peaceful tranquility-" Rapunzel says. "RAPUNZEL!" Cassandra interrupts.

Rapunzel flinches, glancing up at Cassandra who frowns down at her. "Cassie, we were having a peaceful moment.." Y/n sighs.

"I don't care. This was supposed to be a quick bathroom break, not a meditation." Cassandra scolds, as Owl flies down and rests upon her shoulder. "I was multi-tasking." Shorty boasts.
The guys all immediately move away from him.

"Sorry, Cass, but look at this view! I mean, doesn't that just inspire you?" Rapunzel asks, looking at the beautiful view in front of them.

"You know what I find inspiring? Progress. Getting from point 'A' to 'B' without stopping to marvel at every meadow, valley, pond and knoll along the way." Cassandra states, approaching the caravan.

"Look, Cass, I know we have to get to.. wherever these rocks are leading us, but aren't you afraid that if you focus too much on the road ahead, you might miss the fun at your feet?" Rapunzel asks.

Cassandra chuckles. "Don't worry about me, Raps. If I want fun, I know where to find it." She informs Rapunzel. "Oh, yeah? And where would that be? Funeral home?" Lance chuckles.

With a smug smirk, Cassandra approaches Lance and drops a small green bean into his hand. "Hey, what's this for?" He asks, but immediately regrets it when Cassandra whistles and Owl swoops down and attacks Lance, probably for the bean.

Lance shrieks and yells, while trying to fan Owl away. It doesn't work. Y/n bursts into fits of laughter. "See? Fun." Cassandra tells Rapunzel.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Eugene and Lance sit together as Eugene takes control of the horse reins. "You know, that meditation was actually quite relaxing." He admits, leaning against the caravan wall behind them.

Lance nods. "Yeah, I feel relaxed. Nothin' can rattle me." He states confidently, before a caravan wheel rolls over a large rock, knocking the wheel off.

At the sudden jolt, Lance lets out a rather childish scream, which scares and worries everybody in the caravan. Eugene pulls on the reins, making Maximus, Fidella and the caravan skid to a stop.

Rapunzel gasps, as she and Cassandra peek out from a caravan window. "Is everybody okay? I thought I heard a child scream." She tells them.
"It was just Lance." Eugene answers.

"What happened?" Y/n asks, as she and Varian exit from the main caravan door. "The wheel's broken. Don't worry, I can fix it." Eugene replies.

Eugene rolls the wheel over to the caravan, then brushes the dirt off of his gloved hands. "Uh, you want me to attach the wheel? You know, the closest one here to being a certified engineer." Varian states, but Eugene shakes his head. "No need, Goggles. I can do this myself." He replies. Varian scoffs, softly. "Famous last words.." He mutters.

Lance giggles childishly at Eugene's strained attempts at lifting the caravan up. "Here, here. Let me. After all I am the strong one." He boasts.

Eugene laughs. "Wait a minute. Now don't let this sleek, sinewy, insanely attractive frame fool you. I am the strong one." He tells Lance.

"Even his name's stronger than yours. 'Strongbow'." Varian points out. "See? The little criminal knows." Lance states, earning a glare from the young alchemist. "Not helping, Goggles." Eugene scolds. "I know, you didn't want me to." Varian reminds him, crossing his arms.

Hook Foot then bursts out of the caravan, smirking proudly. "I'm stronger than both of you clowns." He tells Eugene and Lance, who then immediately burst into fits of hysterical laughter.

"This guy!" Eugene mocks, through his laughter, pointing at Hook Foot, who laughs sarcastically.

Lance smirks. "Sounds like we got ourselves a good old-fashioned muscle challenge!" He declares. Rapunzel and Varian roll their eyes, while Y/n sighs.

With an equally embarrassed sigh, Varian turns to Y/n. "I'm gonna go in and do some more studying. Or make a ham sandwich." He tells her. "Whatever doesn't make you bored, go for it." Y/n replies.

Varian smiles and nods, disappearing into the caravan. Cassandra and the princesses watch in embarrassment, as Eugene, Hook Foot and Lance flex their muscles. "I'm not even flexing, really, just standing in weird ways." Eugene lies.

"Oh, brother.." Cassandra groans, with a facepalm.
"Uh-huh, this will take a while." Y/n points out.
Rapunzel smiles, with an idea. "That's great! It means we have time for a little adventure. And, seeing as this is the most beautiful forest I have ever seen, I say we take a hike." She suggests.

Shorty, who was imitating a leaping frog at first, stands up with an offended glare. "Take a hike? Fine! I know when I'm not wanted!" He states, before disappearing into the bushes.

"Uhh, Bucky, how about you and Pascal go keep an eye on him. Just in case." Y/n suggests. Bucky nods, signalling for Pascal to follow him. The grey squirrel and green chameleon then follow Shorty into the bushes. "I guess it's just us, Caspal and Cubby." Shorty slurs out, from within the bushes.

Rapunzel then beams excitedly, grabbing Y/n and Cassandra's arms. "Come on, you two! Who knows what we might find with a little exploring!" She points out. Y/n nods. "I do like the sound of that! Count me in." She replies, enthusiastically.

"That's the spirit! Cass?" Rapunzel asks.
"I.. don't know." Cassandra says, doubtfully.

"Or, we could just hang out here." Rapunzel tells Cassandra, gesturing to Eugene, Hook Foot and Lance, still engaging in obnoxious muscle challenges. "Look at my triceps. Anybody wanna play horseshoes? Come on!" Eugene encourages.

Through an open window, they can also see Varian studying over his desk and eating a ham sandwich, tossing an apple to Ruddiger who proudly eats it.

"Explore it is." Cassandra answers, with an eye roll.
"YES! Ha! Let's go!" Rapunzel cheers, excitedly.

Rapunzel pulls her little sister and her best friend by their arms. She lets go when she discovers a shallow river. After Y/n takes her shoes off and holds them, the two princesses cross the river barefoot, while Cassandra uses a log as a bridge.

[About Ten Minutes Later]
"Woo-hoo!" Rapunzel cheers, swinging from her hair. Y/n giggles and tries this with her hair streak. It works! The sisters swing from their magical hair in the tall trees together, while Cassandra walks.

[Later, After That]
Y/n discovers a large cave that's inside of a tall tree. Inside of the tree-cave is hundreds of luminous mushrooms. "Wow!" Y/n gasps, in adoration. Rapunzel smiles as her little sister beams with all the enthusiasm and adorableness of a young child.

Rapunzel then messes with Y/n and Cassandra by painting their faces with the glow in the dark gel from the mushrooms. She paints an eye mask on herself, gives Cassandra cat face paint and paints a small heart on her little sister's cheek.

"Well, I've seen a lot of trees in my life, but these are some of them." Cassandra says, after removing the mushroom paint and leaving the tree-cave.

Rapunzel and Y/n then run over with flower crowns on their heads. After placing one on Cassandra's head, Rapunzel pulls her and Y/n elsewhere.

"A deer!" Y/n gasps quietly, peering over the cliff and looking at the peaceful deer below. "Oh, Cass, look! The Cliffs of Koto! Oh! I have always wanted to go there!" Rapunzel tells Cassandra.

"Nope! No can do. We don't have that kind of time." Cassandra says, pulling the flower crown off and shaking her head. "Says who? Come on, Y/n!" Rapunzel says, grabbing Cassandra and then her little sister, right as the deer looks up.

[A Little While Later]
Cassandra and the princesses find themselves walking through a much darker part of the forest.

"Perhaps we should turn back. It's getting pretty dark.." Y/n says. "I agree. Raps, do you even know where you're going?" Cassandra asks.

"No, but that's what makes exploring-" Rapunzel says, as the three stand over a patch of grass, but they scream when they fall through it, tumbling down below until they pop out of a large tunnel.
"-fun." Rapunzel finishes, in a muffled voice.
"Yeah, real fun(!)" Cassandra remarks.

"What a positively-" They hear a woman say. Cassandra gasps. "Rapunzel! Y/n Get down!" She whispers, pulling the two down to hide. "-brilliant afternoon it is! Wouldn't you say, Father?" They hear the woman finish.

Glancing through the leaves, Y/n sees a gorgeous house in the middle of nowhere. A man and the woman who spoke, wearing elegant clothing, dine together at a large yellow and purple polkadot mushroom table. "Your assertion, Mother, is undeniable." The man replies.

"Ohh-kay, we should probably.." Cassandra says, but Rapunzel immediately stands up and walks towards the man and woman, pulling Y/n along with her. "..visit with the weird people drinking tea on toadstools in the middle of nowhere." Cassandra remarks to herself, following them.

"Hi, there! My name is Rapunzel, this is my little sister, Y/n, and this is our friend Cassandra." Rapunzel introduces, as the woman smiles warmly at the princesses. Y/n smiles at the woman. She seems lovely. "Hi." Y/n greets, with a wave.

"And what has brought ladies Rapunzel, Y/n and Cassandra to our most humblest of abodes?" The woman asks. "They dragged me." Cassandra states, bluntly. "I did nothing." Y/n points out.

"Uh, we took a little detour out in this beautiful countryside to see what kind of adventure we might find." Rapunzel tells them.

"Oh! Well how positively serendipitous!" The woman says, warmly. "Please, sit!" The man offers. "What do you mean, serendipitous?" Rapunzel asks, as she, Y/n and Cassandra sit down. "Uhm, how wonderful.. I think?" Y/n guesses, with a shrug.

"Well of course, my dear. You seek adventure, and you might say Mother and I are somewhat aficionados of fanciful merriment." The man informs Y/n, pouring the three girls a cup of tea each. "I love fanciful merriment!" Rapunzel replies.

Glancing up from the tea's unique scent, Y/n looks over at the red and blue teapot. "I like that teapot. It's beautiful." She tells the man and woman. "Yes, it is quite beautiful. And yet, its beauty is a minor benefit next to its magical properties." The woman, apparently called Mother, replies.

"Magical?" Cassandra asks. "Indeed, all of what you see here.. the cottage, the toadstools, and even the birds all exist because of this teapot." The man explains, as Y/n and Rapunzel take a sip of tea.

"Uh, I-I don't understand." Rapunzel admits. "How would you like to enjoy our very modest forest.. as a bird?" Mother asks. Y/n almost spits out her tea, as Rapunzel giggles, thinking she's kidding. "Oh.. oh, wait. Oh, you're serious." She realises.

Cassandra sets her teacup down. "Okay, now we're outta here." She decides, standing up. A bird suddenly flies past them, making Y/n let out a startled gasp. "Please, don't be alarmed!" The man tells them, revealing that he is the bird.

"Wow.." Y/n says. "I-i-it-it can't be." Rapunzel stammers, as the three girls sit back down. "Oh, but it is. And it is most wondrously sublime! For, lest you forget, birds are the very embodiment of the term 'Freedom'. You owe it to yourselves to enjoy this. Isn't that right, Mother?" The man-bird asks.

"Unequivocally. Seize this opportunity." Mother tells the girls, with a warm smile. "Uh, look.. uhm, I-I'm.. I'm usually up for anything.. but this is, uhm-" Rapunzel says. "Insane?" Cassandra snaps.

Rapunzel glances at Cassandra, before turning back to Mother. "I mean, even if we wanted to, how.. how would we even do that?" She questions. "Well, that's the beauty, dear, you already have. You've drunk the tea." Mother replies.

"Huh, what do you-" Y/n says, glancing down at herself, but she gasps. "Why are there fea- why do I have feathers?" She questions, anxiously.
"I don't believe this!" Rapunzel exclaims.
"Are you kidding me?" Cassandra questions.
All three of them glance at each other, stunned.
"We're birds! What do we do?" Rapunzel asks.

"What did you do to us?!" Cassandra snaps, flying over to the man-bird after a few stumbles. "Oh, no, please. Please, my crumpets. There's no need for distress, I assure you." The man-bird, apparently called Father, tells the three girl-birds.

Mother chuckles, gaining their attention as they look at the basket of blue eggs beside her, in a glass case. "Forgive our chicanerous ruse, dears, it's often the only way to demonstrate that this gift is harmless and most temporary." She tells them.

Mother picks up a blue egg and cracks it open, over Father. This creates a bright glow, restoring him to his human form. "Our only caveat.. you must return within one hour, so as to avoid the affliction we call 'Avarian totalis'." He explains.

"Avarian totalis? Does that mean becoming a bird.. completely?" Y/n asks, hoping to be wrong. "You're on the right track, little one." Father replies, gently patting her small bird head. "It means you'd become, well a bird brain. You'd not only look like a bird, you'd think like a bird. Your desire to be the person you once were would dissolve, and you'd remain a bird forever." He explains.

"Forever?" Y/n questions, in a whisper.
"Oh!" Cassandra says, surprisingly cheery.
"Oh, wow, since you put it that way.." She adds, before revealing that she's obviously furious.
"GIVE US THOSE EGGS NOW!!" She snaps.

Mother and Father glance at each other smugly, before three of the blue eggs are placed in front of the three girl-birds by Mother.

Excited, Rapunzel discovers her ability to fly as a bird. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, Y/n, Cass! Did you see that? I I just flew! Ohh! Ohhh! I'm flying!" She exclaims, excitedly, as she lands back down before taking off again, flying in the air.

"Indeed, we only meant to share our wonderful elixir with you." Father replies. "Come, now let us return you to your original, beautiful state." Mother says, picking up a blue egg and smiling warmly.

"Uh, just a second." Rapunzel says, then pulls her little sister and her best friend aside for a private chat. "Y/n, Cass? Can we talk? I know this is weird." She points out. "No no no no. Having seventy feet of magical hair is weird. This? This is full-blown wacko!" Cassandra states.

"Okay, yes! It's wacko. But when are we gonna get this chance again?" Rapunzel points out. "That's true.." Y/n admits, looking at her wings. "It would be cool to experience flying like a bird." She adds.

Rapunzel nods. "They can turn us back whenever we want. And.. we can fly!" She states, then whispers, as she demonstrates.

Cassandra sighs. "I am so going to regret this." She mutters, with an eye roll. Rapunzel squeals happily, then turns to her little sister for an answer. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.." Y/n giggles, softly. "As long as it's just for an hour. I can't stand the thought of eating worms.." She adds.

"YES! Thank you! Okay, we will be back in one hour." Rapunzel says, and the three fly away. "Mm-hm.. we're counting on it." Mother states.

"Whoo-hoo!" Rapunzel cheers, as the three girl-birds fly through the sky.

(Rapunzel): "♪ Life's been so unsatisfying
Look, suddenly, now I'm flying
Freewheeling from cloud to cloud to cloud ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ Wings spread and the sky below me
There's no one to stop or slow me
Pure freedom and everything's allowed ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ Down there
I know there's tons of burdens I must bear
Somewhere ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ But from up here
The world looks so small
And suddenly life seems so clear ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ And from up here
You coast past it all
The obstacles just disappear ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ Never feel heavy or earthbound
No worries or doubts interfere
There's nothing but you looking down on
The view from up here ♪"

Rapunzel has a blast, flying as a bird. She finds Cassandra and Y/n perched upon a tree branch, since they're aren't quite the flying naturals that Rapunzel seems to be.

"You've got to try this!" Rapunzel encourages.
"I dunno.." Cassandra replies, doubtfully.
"Did I mention I'm afraid of heights?" Y/n adds.
"Come on, just watch! It's easy!" Rapunzel says.

(Rapunzel): "♪ Stretch out
With the wind behind you ♪"
(Cassandra): "♪ Here we go ♪"
(Rapunzel): "♪ Float up, let the current find you ♪"
(Cassandra): "♪ Look out below ♪"

(Rapunzel): "♪ Keep climbing and sail
From breeze to breeze ♪"
(Cassandra): "♪ Stay close,
Don't leave me, please! ♪"

Rapunzel helps Cassandra fly first, then flies back to the try for her older sister. But, after watching Cassandra fly, Y/n surprises her older sister by flying from the tree on her own. Rapunzel proudly smiles, as Y/n flies. "Whoo-hoo!" She cheers.

(Rapunzel): "♪ Head up to the stratospheres
With only the stars to steer us
Just think of the possibilities ♪"

"I think I've got it!" Cassandra says.
"Me, too!" Y/n adds.

(Rapunzel): "♪ Below
We spend our whole lives
Trudging to and 'fro
Now ♪"

Rapunzel starts to show off her flying skills.
"Woah!" Cassandra says, amazed.
"My turn!" Y/n says, at the same time.

(All Three): "♪ And from up here
The world is all yours
Each mountain and meadow and pier
And from up here
Life's duties and chores
Are barely worth shedding a tear ♪"

(All Three): "♪ And all of the sky lies before us
Straight up to the far stratosphere
So head for the blue
And let's take in the view from up here
It's just us with you
Looking down on the view from up here ♪"

[At The Caravan]
The fallen wheel still remains on the floor as Eugene continues to show off against Hook Foot and Lance. "Hey, Blondie. Look at this! One-armed pushups!" Eugene boasts, demonstrating proudly.

No answer. Eugene gets a little concerned. "Blondie? Kiddo? Cass? Wait a minute, guys. Where are Cass, Y/n and Rapunzel?" He asks.

"You noticed too, huh?" Varian asks, walking out of the caravan. "They aren't on there.." He tells them, nodding to the caravan. "They've been gone for almost an hour.." He points out.

"Let me look for them." Lance says, with a smirk. He approaches a large log on the floor. "Could they be under this big, heavy tree trunk?" He asks, showing off by lifting the large log up.

Lance then grunts as Hook Foot adds to the log's weight, by standing on it while Lance lifts it. "No! Maybe they're not under a tree, maybe they're up one! I didn't see 'em, but I'll check again! Nope, not up there! No!" Hook Foot boasts, doing several pull ups on a branch with one arm.

Varian facepalms, with an extremely frustrated expression. "ENOUGH with the showing off, okay?!" He snaps. "Goggles is right, guys. We need to focus on finding the girls. Come on!" Eugene says.

After a lot of searching, Eugene, Hook Foot, Lance and Varian end up falling down the same tunnel Cassandra and the princesses fell down.

"Oh! How lovely. Look, Father! Unforeseen guests." Mother points out. "What a delightful transpiration! Join us for a spot of tea?" Father asks them.

[Meanwhile]
"Okay, Raps, are we done yet?" Cassandra asks, as the three girl-birds sit upon a statue, look out at the Cliffs of Koto. "Just a little longer. This is the most amazing-" Rapunzel tells them. *Chirp*

"What was that? Rapunzel, did you just-" Y/n asks. *Peep* Y/n gasps, covering her beak with her wings.
"Yeah!" Cassandra agrees. *Squawk*
"You both did!" She tells them, then gasps.
"So did-" Rapunzel says. *Chirp* "-you!" She adds.

"Oh, no! We're-" Y/n panics. *Peep*
"We're getting birdbrain! We need to-" *Squawk* "-head back!" *Squawk* "Now!" Cassandra says. Rapunzel and Y/n nod, before the three fly off.

The three girl-birds fly back to the cottage, where Mother and Father wait for them, playing a game of cards. "That was amazing! Thank you so much! But now-" Rapunzel tells them, with a smile. *Chirp*
"We'd like to be changed back." Y/n finishes. *Peep*

"I'm sure you would, dears." Mother says. Father suddenly slams a cage over the three girl-birds. "But it pains me to say, we have different designs." Mother tells them, putting the blue eggs back.

"We-" Cassandra says. *Squawk*
"-need those to change back!" She snaps.

"I'm afraid we shan't oblige, my little chickadees. For you see, we don't want you to change back." Mother states. "We want you to become the newest addition to our aviary menagerie. Think of all this as an avian art collection, to which we're always adding new pieces." Father explains.

Father gestures to the tree of other birds. Noticing their talons are tied to the trees, Y/n gasps. "No-" *Peep* "-way! Those are-" *Peep* "-people!" She exclaims, in horror. Rapunzel also gasps, in horror.

"Indeed, for people make the most beautiful, one-of-a-kind birds. Come now, darlings. Off to your new home." Father states menacingly, catching the three girl-birds in a large sack and ignoring their peeps, chirps and squawks.

Rapunzel and Y/n sigh, as Rapunzel glances at Cassandra apologetically. "Cass, I should have listened to you. I just wanted to show you-" She tells her. Cassandra doesn't look impressed. "Show me how to seize the moment? Here's what the moment got us." She snaps.

Cassandra sighs. "I know you take a lot of pride in your irrepressible, carefree spirit. It's what makes you you. But did you ever stop to think that maybe that attitude can be a bit selfish sometimes?" She asks Rapunzel, who is taken aback by this. She glances at Cassandra, then at Y/n, who doesn't exactly look ready to disagree with Cassandra.

"I'm sorry." Rapunzel whispers. "This trail of black rocks is your destiny, but I dropped everything to make sure you get to the end of it! I'm taking this seriously! Why aren't you?!" Cassandra snaps. "Because I'm scared." Rapunzel admits.

"You're right, Cass. These rocks are my destiny, and that's terrifying. What if they lead to somewhere I'm never supposed to come back from?" Rapunzel asks, then glances at her little sister, who rests her head in her wings, slightly turned away. "Little sis-" She asks. "We're home!" Father declares.

Pulling the three girl-birds out of the large sack, Father makes his way to a golden bird cage, ignoring Rapunzel's threats. "Our friends are gonna come looking for us, and when they do, you-" She snaps. *Chirp* "-are in trouble!" She adds, as Father unlocks the golden cage.

The three girl-birds are then shoved into the cage and Father locks the door, before walking away. "I don't think your friends are gonna be much help, Blondie." A voice admits. Rapunzel and Y/n turn around and gasp - Eugene, Hook Foot, Lance and Varian are birds, too. Uh-oh.

"You're all birds?" Rapunzel asks.
"Well, I'm the strongest bird-" Lance boasts.
"Not the time, Lance." Eugene interrupts.

"You know, I like to think that I'm the prepared kind of guy. Type of guy who's ready for anything this crazy world throws my way. But this bird thing, I can't say I saw it comin'." Eugene states, after the guys hear what happened.

"Ugh, this is-" *Chirp* "-all my fault." Rapunzel groans. "Her squawks are getting more frequent." Eugene points out. "They are for her, Cassie an-" *Peep* "-and me." Y/n says, as her cheeks redden slightly when Varian stares at her, wide eyed.

"If we don't break one of those eggs over them soon, they're gonna go full bird. We all are." Cassandra explains. Y/n frowns, as Varian approaches her, comfortingly.

"I got a plan! We should go over there, get the eggs and turn us back into people." Lance suggests. "Wow, great plan(!) The only problem is we're locked in here, and the eggs are out there. How are we gonna get out?" Varian asks. "That's where the.. plan falls apart." Lance admits.

"I guess if we can't bring the-" *Chirp* "-eggs to the cage, we have to bring the cage to the eggs!" Rapunzel suggests, then flies against each side of the cage, gently swinging it back and forth.

"Do it with me!" Rapunzel tells the others. "All right! Let's go! Flap like you've never flapped before!" Eugene says, as they all fly back and forth simultaneously. "I have never flapped before." Hook Foot points out, as the cage swings about.

"Okay, now!" Rapunzel says, as the cage flies into the air and crashes into the glass case of blue eggs. "We did it!" She cheers, triumphantly.

"Are you okay?" Varian asks Y/n, helping her up. "Uh-huh, just-" She replies. *Peep* "-I'm fine." She assures him, shaking her head. Varian nods, smirking in amusement. "Very funny(!)" She adds.

"Maybe we can get out!" Eugene says, then grunts as he tries prying the cage bars open. When he can't do it on his own, Hook Foot and Lance help him as a team. "Yes! We can totally do this!" Lance encourages, and they pry the bar up together.

Eugene laughs. "Oh, you see that? Together, we're unstoppable!" He states. "That's right!" Lance agree. "You know it!" Hook Foot adds. "And it doesn't matter who's strongest." Eugene says.

"It totally matters!" Hook Foot argues. "Oh, it most definitely does." Lance adds. "Yeah, you're right, come on, who are we kidding?" Eugene asks.

Y/n scoffs. "Boys.." She mutters. "Hey!" Varian tells her. "'Hey', yourself. They're only-" *Peep* "-arguing about strength. Should I ask them who the smartest is?" Y/n teases. Varian's eyes widen. "No thank you.." He immediately replies.

Father stomps over, glaring at the birds below him. "What is the meaning of this?" He demands. "Don't worry, Father. Allow me." Mother replies, then drinks the rest of the tea from the teapot.

The other birds, on the tree, chirp and squawk in horror, as Mother transforms into a large threatening hawk. "Anyone planning on a premature egress will be most disappointed!" She threatens, landing on top of the golden cage.

"I'll draw the hawk away, you guys get those eggs!" Cassandra instructs, then attempts to fly out, but the hawk blocks her with a fierce squawk.

Thinking quick, Rapunzel rips out two of the hawk's tail feathers, making her jolt up and squawk in pain. This provides Cassandra with the perfect opportunity to escape. "Oh, my dear girl, you haven't a chance." Mother snaps, flying after her.

Y/n suddenly gasps. "The eggs!" She tells the other, pointing to Father, who collects all the blue eggs and holds the basket protectively. "That's quite far enough, you.. you guttersnipes!" He snaps, pointing at them with a glare. "Guttersnipe? You just crossed a line, Dad." Hook Foot remarks.

Eugene laughs, challengingly. "Come on, guys! Let's get him!" He says, and they all fly at Father, making him drop the basket of blue eggs. "Gaah! The horror!" He exclaims, running away cowardly.

"Y/n and I will go get those eggs! You guys free the other birds!" Rapunzel instructs. Y/n nods, in agreement and the princesses quickly drop all the blue eggs into the basket.

"Here you go, Eugene!" Lance says, cracking an egg over him, which returns him to his human form. "Eugene?" Lance then grumbles impatiently, when Eugene proudly admires his handsome self.

"Thank you!" Lance replies, once Eugene cracks a blue egg over him to transform him back. Eugene then restores Hook Foot.

Y/n and Rapunzel then restore all the tree birds to their wonderful human selves, while Cassandra keeps the hawk busy. "This bird stuff isn't half bad!" She comments proudly, after getting the hawk stuck in some tree branches.

However, the hawk escapes and lunges at Cassandra, pinning her to the mushroom table. Thinking quick, Cassandra tosses her the green bean which she catches. "Ugh! Ahh, is that all you've got?" She remarks.

Cassandra whistles and Owl flies over and attacks the hawk, with Cassandra's help. "HA-HA, WE DID IT! WE BEAT HER! WHOO-HOO!" She cheers, high fiving Owl triumphantly. "Lance, would you hurry it up?" Eugene asks, as he and Lance tie up the hawk. "I'm trying!" Lance frantically replies.

Y/n gasps softly, glancing at the leftover eggs. "Three eggs left.." She mutters, under her breath.

"That was awesome, Cass!" Rapunzel praises, before Y/n cracks the first egg over her head. A small glow is seen and Rapunzel is transformed back into her beautiful self. "Ooh, that felt strange." She adds. "Blondie!" Eugene says, pulling his girlfriend into a tight hug.

"Woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo! Raps, I take it all back. That was-" Cassandra comments, flying over to Rapunzel, but pauses when Y/n cracks the second egg over her head. "Oh okay, that was abrupt." She adds, as Rapunzel separates from Eugene.

Y/n doesn't hesitate to fly over to Varian and use the last egg on him. The final blue egg.

Almost falling over as his human self, Varian chuckles. "Whoa, that was weird. But it feels good to be me again." He says, then sighs. "Okay, let's change you back now, Y/n.." He tells her.

Rapunzel, picking up the empty basket, gasps as her eyes widen. "Uhh, Varian? We have a problem with that.." She points out, panicked.

"What?" Varian asks, turning to Rapunzel. Seeing the empty basket, he begins to feel a little anxious. But he tries shrugging it off, with a chuckle. "Heh, there's another egg right? Around here somewhere?" He asks, with hope lacing his voice. Unable to speak, Y/n shakes her head, in response.

Varian glances around at all the broken blue eggshells frantically, before turning to Y/n. "N-No.. you.. used the last egg on me?" He asks, in a voice crack, stunned, yet saddened. Y/n nods.

"Y/n.." Rapunzel says, putting a hand on her chest, with teary eyes. "No! It can't- there has to be.." Varian insists, searching the shattered blue eggshells, with the help of Rapunzel and Cassandra, but it's no use. No blue eggs at all.

Shaking his head in defeat, Varian angrily tosses the empty basket away, breathing heavily. He then holds the small blue bird, that is the youngest princess, in his gloved hands as Rapunzel softly cries into Cassandra's shoulder.

"Y/n.. no.." Varian says, on the verge of sobbing himself. "Please.. you're my best friend.. I-I can't lose you again." He softly sobs, dropping to his knees with Y/n's bird form safely in his hands. Rapunzel kneels down and rests a hand on his shoulder, wiping her eyes as the blue bird closes her eyes. But when she opens them again, they're completely black. She's become a full bird.

Small peeps are heard from the blue bird, as Varian almost breaks down. Rapunzel silently insists on holding the bird, which he obviously doesn't refuse. "Oh, Y/n.." Rapunzel sobs quietly.

Varian glances up at the bird form of Y/n and sniffles, before sadly muttering an unheard confession. "I can't.. lose you again.. I love you." He sobs, under his breath, wiping his teary eyes.

Glancing up at Father, tied up by Eugene and Lance, Varian narrows his eyebrows with a furious glare that can be easily mistaken for the beginning of a second villain arc. Ignoring all tearful protests fom anybody else, the young alchemist storms his way over to the cowardly schemer who is tied up.

"Varian-" Rapunzel says, wiping her eyes, as Varian grabs an orb from his robe and threatens him with it furiously. "How do we get another egg?! Tell me, now!" He demands, emphatically. "But there are no more! Please! Have mercy!" Father squeals, shrinking under the younger alchemist who shoots him the biggest 'If looks could kill' glare.

With a yell, Varian throws the orb in his hand and Father shuts his eyes tightly. But it wasn't for him. The alchemical orb lands on the mushroom table, blowing up the so-called magical teapot, shattering it to pieces.

"No! I'll never be able to make my tea.. again!" Father exclaims. "Good." Varian snaps, as Father completely disappears in a magical green flash. "I was counting on it.." The young alchemist snaps, as the Mother hawk, the mushroom table and the house itself all disappear in bright green flashes.

Making his way back over to his now feathered best friend, Varian sadly falls to his knees, gently picks her up in his hands and sniffles with his eyes shut.

"Why so glum, chum?" A voice asks. Varian's eyes widen. The small white-bearded former thug is also a bird.. a white peacock, who spectacularly lays a blue egg. "Shorty?!" Rapunzel and Cassandra exclaim, simultaneously.

But Varian doesn't pay attention. At the sight of a blue egg, he immediately grabs it, with hope lacing his voice and a glimmer of hope in his teary eyes. "Oh, please work.." He mutters, cracking the blue egg over the small blue bird on the grass.

A green light shines brightly and a similarly coloured cloud of smoke surround the blue bird, transforming Y/n back into her normal human self. With a feather or two in her hair. The important thing is, the youngest princess is herself again!

Rapunzel gasps, overjoyed. "Y/N!!" She exclaims, running over to her little sister and wrapping her in a tight hug. Y/n giggles, taking the feathers out of her hair, and wrapping her older sister in a hug.

Besides Rapunzel, nobody is more pleased than Varianz who eagerly stands up. "Y/N!" He exclaims, running over as she separates from her older sister. "Varian!" She giggles, as the young alchemist lifts his best friend up and spins her around before lowering her back down and wrapping her in a tight hug, which she gladly reciprocates.

"Heh, am I the only one craving worms?" Y/n jokes. Varian chuckles, as Shorty stumbles around in his peacock form. "I know I am." He says, then hiccups as he lays another blue egg.

Rapunzel uses this blue egg to return Shorty back, too. "That's weird, I'm a person." He states. Varian shakes his head with a chuckle, wrapping an arm around Y/n as the group return back to the caravan.

[At The Caravan]
"Well, I guess if we learned anything, it's that we are stronger together, huh?" Eugene asks. Lance chuckles. "You know it." Hook Foot states. "Agreed." Lance adds.

Cassandra sighs. "Listen, Raps? What you said before about being afraid? It's okay. I'd be afraid, too. But I want you to remember that no matter what you have to face at the end of this road, you're not going to face it alone." She tells Rapunzel, sincerely. The oldest princess smiles, warmly. "Thanks, Cass. Really." She replies.

"All right, let's lift this thing. And I should probably-" Eugene tells Hook Foot and Lance, but Rapunzel and Cassandra lift up the caravan with Rapunzel's hair. "Guys, sorry, but, we really gotta get going." The oldest princess reminds them.

Varian then walks over and attaches the fallen wheel back on the caravan, tossing his wrench in the air and catching it proudly, when he's finished.

"Oh, yeah, I mean you know, of course." Eugene replies, with an awkward chuckle. "Uh-huh, yeah." Hook Foot agrees. "I think we should probably hit the road." Lance says. Y/n lets out a soft giggle. "Agreed." She states, as they enter the caravan.

It isn't long before another wheel falls off, making Lance let out another hilariously childish scream.
"All right! I'll get it!" Eugene assures the others.
"No, Eugene, we got it!" Rapunzel replies.

Question Of The Chapter!
Which sister duo is better? Honest opinions, only.
Anna and Elsa, or Y/n and Rapunzel?
My Answer: I definitely prefer the Tangled franchise, over the Frozen franchise, so..
Your Answer?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 124 8
As long as Varian can remember, he has had to do whatever people tell him to do. (Varian-centric Ella Enchanted AU of Varian and the 7 Kingdoms, writ...
13.6K 430 26
You have been an orphan for as long as you can remember. You have always liked acting and alchemy. One day you meet a boy named Varian, who also like...
8.7K 151 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
67K 2.1K 15
[COMPLETED] Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert x Male reader ...... what if Rapunzel left the tower on her own? what if Eugene got to the tower when it...