🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕

[In The Forest]
It's a beautifully sunny day, which is the perfect opportunity to go on a journey throughout the forest.. without the caravan.

Eugene seizes this opportunity to take Rapunzel on a romantic date, and she agrees.. after encouraging Varian and Y/n to join them. Sort of like a double date, but not really, since the two young teens haven't had that discussion yet. Not that anybody blames them, of course. They haven't managed to have much time alone and, well, past mistakes don't exactly give Varian to courage to ask Y/n, yet.

 They haven't managed to have much time alone and, well, past mistakes don't exactly give Varian to courage to ask Y/n, yet

"Have you ever ridden on a horse before?" Y/n asks, curiously, after Varian climbs onto Fidella, then helps her on. "Honestly? Not real- ah!!" He replies, then yelps as he almost falls off. Fidella rolls her eyes, with a huff as Y/n pulls him up. "Not at all. Although, there's a cart-pulling donkey that my dad would use back home." Varian admits.

Y/n giggles. "Well, do you want me to take the reins then? You know, in case you fall off again." She replies, nudging him playfully. Varian chuckles, trying not to flush with embarrassment. "No, no, I got this. Besides, why not, right? First time for everything." He points out, grabbing the reins in his two gloved hands. Y/n nods, in agreement, with a smile. Varian snaps the reins lightly, before Fidella quickly takes off, surprising the young alchemist. Eugene and Rapunzel follow them on Maximus, with Eugene holding his reins.

"I am so excited to see what you have planned for our date." Rapunzel tells Eugene, when they slow down. "Don't you worry, your royal blondeness. Eugene's got it covered." He assures her.

"Is that right? And how will that go, in a place we've never been before?" Y/n asks her brother-figure, curiously. "I've entrusted Max here to seek out and deliver us to the most primo romantic spot around." Eugene explains, hopping down from Maximus and helping Rapunzel down. Varian, following in his secret role model's footsteps, does the same with Y/n as Eugene continues.

"You'll see. We're talking dinner for four, the stars twinkling above, the works. Now, I'm not saying it'll top our crown-stealing, lantern-watching first date, but.. I kinda am. Isn't that right, buddy?" Eugene asks. Max winks, after two butterflies land on the princesses nose, then fly away.

"I wish I saw the lanterns. It sounds incredible." Varian replies. "They were! And couldn't you see them from Old Corona?" Y/n asks, curiously. Varian shakes his head. "I was busy at the time, and they look more like stars from our village." He answers.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Maximus' selected area is an apple tree.. of course.

"An apple tree? Seriously? That's the best you got?" Eugene asks him, as Rapunzel stands on his shoulders to pick some apples. "Should've asked the frog to come along. Even he'd come up with something better than this." Eugene sighs.

"Eugene, this place isn't so bad. Maximus did a great job." Y/n replies. "Y/n's right." Rapunzel agrees, hopping down with a basket full of apples. "Planning dates is hard when you're in the middle of nowhere. We can just play it by ear." She adds.